Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
Briarmom
Bessie Robindale
Larry's been done. Laird is refreshing!
I always thought it was my farsighted left eye that did me in
Knows about bone folders

Military Tickets?

I've used the search and haven't seen this question asked, so I apologize in advance if it's been asked and answered a million times.

We're going to have four full days at the DLR. One of them will be spent lounging at the pool and at DTD.

With the three day military park-hoppers, do they need to be used on consecutive days? Or can we go to the parks for two days and then take a day off and then use our third day?

Thanks!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #2
MrsPinup
3 cups. cups, cups, cups, cups, cups

They are like the regular park tickets in that you have 10 (or 14?) days from first use to use all of your days. You will be fine taking a pool day
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #3
subtchr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPinup View Post
They are like the regular park tickets in that you have 10 (or 14?) days from first use to use all of your days. You will be fine taking a pool day
Actually, there is no 10 or 14 day restriction, the only requirements are that they expire September 30 and are blocked on July 4.

We are using ours Wednesday - Friday this week, and my SIL is joining us for Thursday and Friday. She is local, so she will be able to use her 3rd park day any time before September 30.

Ft. Wilderness Campground '77, Offsite '81, '83, Dixie Landings '97, Shades of Green '00, DL/DCA Offsite '02, Contemporary '03, AKL '04, SoG/HRH '06, PPH, DL/DCA '06, ASMu 2/09, Beach Club 12/09, Numerous trips as a group tour guide (best job ever!), GC DL/DCA 6/12

My June '06 trip report December 09 Beach Club trip report
subtchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:30 PM   #4
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtchr View Post
Actually, there is no 10 or 14 day restriction, the only requirements are that they expire September 30 and are blocked on July 4.

We are using ours Wednesday - Friday this week, and my SIL is joining us for Thursday and Friday. She is local, so she will be able to use her 3rd park day any time before September 30.

just used the military tix 2 weekends ago and my tix says it has to be used by Sept. 28 which is when the promotion expires
Old 06-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #5
Briarmom
Bessie Robindale
Knows about bone folders

We'll be there in August so that works!
Thanks!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:51 AM   #6
Minnie Loves Mickey
We Love Disney!!!

More questions?s

Do you get a magic morning with the 3day hopper?

And does everyone in your party have to enter together when they are used? Especially if only one person is Military and the rest are guests...does that make sense?

TIA
Old 06-19-2012, 03:22 AM   #7
disneegrl4eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Loves Mickey View Post
Do you get a magic morning with the 3day hopper?

And does everyone in your party have to enter together when they are used? Especially if only one person is Military and the rest are guests...does that make sense?

TIA
no you dont get an EE with the military tix...

ok this is how it works...when you go get the tix (im assuming here that you are getting them at the tix booth) they will ask for ID from the military person and get each persons name for their individual tix...so once they are printed out then your name is on your tix....

the very first time you go into the park with the tix, the military person has to go with and show ID...at that point the tix is activated....once they have run it through and you are allowed in then from that point forward you can go back and forth when you want with or without the military person...and remember to get your hand stamped the first time you leave a park each day even if your going across to the other... but again initially the military person HAS to be with you to activate it else you dont go in
Old 06-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #8
Minnie Loves Mickey
We Love Disney!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneegrl4eva View Post
no you dont get an EE with the military tix...

ok this is how it works...when you go get the tix (im assuming here that you are getting them at the tix booth) they will ask for ID from the military person and get each persons name for their individual tix...so once they are printed out then your name is on your tix....

the very first time you go into the park with the tix, the military person has to go with and show ID...at that point the tix is activated....once they have run it through and you are allowed in then from that point forward you can go back and forth when you want with or without the military person...and remember to get your hand stamped the first time you leave a park each day even if your going across to the other... but again initially the military person HAS to be with you to activate it else you dont go in
Thank You, this is what I was told and what I wanted to hear. We are staying at two different Hotels and its easier to meet up in the parks rather than having to enter at the same time every time.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #9
Briarmom
Bessie Robindale
Knows about bone folders

But we do get EE from staying at DLH, right?
Old 06-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #10
disneegrl4eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briarmom View Post
But we do get EE from staying at DLH, right?
oh if your staying on property then ya you will get it..just show your room key along with your tix...
Old 06-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #11
skjuls
U2 Fanatic and True Blood Lover

There are Armed Forces Salute tickets and regular Military tickets.

The Regular military do have a 13 days after first use restriction. (I'm staring at mine right now)

Armed Forces Salute has the July 4 Blackout and must be used by 30 Sept 2012.
Past Disney trips: Feb 2012 DTD only Bonnet Creek (Busch Gardens, USO, Aquatica, Winter the Dolphin and Caps hockey) August 2011 Saratoga Springs, June 2010 WDW Bonnet Creek, June 2009 WDW, Jan 2009 WDW, Aug 2008 WDW, January 2008 WDW, June 2007 DL, June 2006 WDW (Character Dining only and DTD), Nov 2005 DL, May 2003 DL, Dec 2001 WDW, Oct 2000 Disneyland Paris, June 1996 WDW, June 1995 WDW, 1994 WDW, 1992 WDW, 1989-1991 WDW once a year, Summer 1985 DL
skjuls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #12
disneegrl4eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by skjuls View Post
There are Armed Forces Salute tickets and regular Military tickets.

The Regular military do have a 13 days after first use restriction. (I'm staring at mine right now)

Armed Forces Salute has the July 4 Blackout and must be used by 30 Sept 2012.
oh i was assuming OP was talking about the armed forces salute promo and i think others were as well
Old 06-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #13
skjuls
U2 Fanatic and True Blood Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneegrl4eva View Post
oh i was assuming OP was talking about the armed forces salute promo and i think others were as well

Probably but it's best to make the distinction. I couldn't tell from the OPs post.
Past Disney trips: Feb 2012 DTD only Bonnet Creek (Busch Gardens, USO, Aquatica, Winter the Dolphin and Caps hockey) August 2011 Saratoga Springs, June 2010 WDW Bonnet Creek, June 2009 WDW, Jan 2009 WDW, Aug 2008 WDW, January 2008 WDW, June 2007 DL, June 2006 WDW (Character Dining only and DTD), Nov 2005 DL, May 2003 DL, Dec 2001 WDW, Oct 2000 Disneyland Paris, June 1996 WDW, June 1995 WDW, 1994 WDW, 1992 WDW, 1989-1991 WDW once a year, Summer 1985 DL
skjuls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #14
subtchr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skjuls View Post
Probably but it's best to make the distinction. I couldn't tell from the OPs post.
Yep, when the OP mentioned 3-day park hoppers, I assumed military salute tix as well. What other kinds of military tickets are there? I can't find anything on the DL site about anything except the salute ones.

Ft. Wilderness Campground '77, Offsite '81, '83, Dixie Landings '97, Shades of Green '00, DL/DCA Offsite '02, Contemporary '03, AKL '04, SoG/HRH '06, PPH, DL/DCA '06, ASMu 2/09, Beach Club 12/09, Numerous trips as a group tour guide (best job ever!), GC DL/DCA 6/12

My June '06 trip report December 09 Beach Club trip report
subtchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #15
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtchr View Post
Yep, when the OP mentioned 3-day park hoppers, I assumed military salute tix as well. What other kinds of military tickets are there? I can't find anything on the DL site about anything except the salute ones.
On base you can buy any type of Disneyland ticket for a discount, but the discount is nothing compared to the Salute tickets. Here at our base the savings is maybe $10-$20 off depending on the length of stay. The $99 Salute tickets are an awesome deal.
sonnyjane is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: