Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #31
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!
 
JWren1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 316

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwynlea View Post
Hi, everyone. I'm Erica, and my husband Steve and I are so excited to be joining in this ABD/BSM trip! This will be our first ABD and our first time at Disneyland. I literally cannot wait to walk where Walt walked...and you'll have to forgive me, as I wear my heart on my sleeve and assume I will be in tears at least once on this trip (every time Teresa cries on the podcast, hubby looks at me to see if I'm tearing up, too, if that tells you anything). We promised ourselves that once our credit cards were paid off, an ABD BSM would be the first "real" vacation we would take...and since our credit cards will be clear come August this year (or so we are planning), we took the leap. I haven't been this excited about a vacation, since, well...um...huh...I don't think I've ever been this excited! LOL! Steve was stationed in CA while he was in the Navy, so I suspect we will do some pre-trip time in San Diego, but nothing is definite yet. For your previous ABDers, any advice on the best time to start watching for airfare deals? I know it's still too soon, but I have to plan SOMETHING!


Hope everyone on PCC 3.0 has a great time, and I get to meet some of you on PCC 4.0! Ta Ta For Now!
Hi Erica and Steve,

Welcome to the adventure, it will be an outstanding time!!!

In regards to airfare, I will tend to look at rates a few times per week as soon as my airline (United) makes the dates available in their system. I've ended up buying my tickets between 4-6 months out for my previous trips, as that is when I've seen prices drop (ending up between $350-$450 R/T to and from Newark...I live in Northern NJ). With this trip being close to Christmas, I plan on really keeping a close eye on airfares, and if I see a good price I will grab it.

I would also suggest looking at Orange County airport as an option at the end of the adventure, as it is close to Disneyland. It's a very comfortable, friendly airport, and sometimes for me it's cheaper than going home through LAX.

Hope this helps!

Jason
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #32
Addicted to Dopey
Newt's Posse
 
Addicted to Dopey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 287

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWren1234 View Post
I would also suggest looking at Orange County airport as an option at the end of the adventure, as it is close to Disneyland. It's a very comfortable, friendly airport, and sometimes for me it's cheaper than going home through LAX.
Jason,

We also live in Bergan County and plan to go out of either Newark or JFK (whichever winds up being cheaper) but fast question for you. If we flew home from orange county airport to NJ/NY will ABD provide transportation to that airport since it says we have to fly out of LAX on all of our paperwork?? I had called ABD fast when I saw in small print that you had to be on a flight before 6pm (we would much rather take the red eye out around 10 or 11pm) and she said that we would probably have to provide our own transportation to the airport unless there were a lot of ppl taking late flights and then maybe ABD would add another trip to the airport for that group. Seems that with the price we are paying you would think they would make that concession or give us some type of voucher to cover a cab/other form of transport.

-Wallis
Addicted to Dopey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #33
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,980
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted to Dopey View Post
Jason,

We also live in Bergan County and plan to go out of either Newark or JFK (whichever winds up being cheaper) but fast question for you. If we flew home from orange county airport to NJ/NY will ABD provide transportation to that airport since it says we have to fly out of LAX on all of our paperwork?? I had called ABD fast when I saw in small print that you had to be on a flight before 6pm (we would much rather take the red eye out around 10 or 11pm) and she said that we would probably have to provide our own transportation to the airport unless there were a lot of ppl taking late flights and then maybe ABD would add another trip to the airport for that group. Seems that with the price we are paying you would think they would make that concession or give us some type of voucher to cover a cab/other form of transport.

-Wallis
Hi Wallis,

ABD will provide transfers from DL to the Orange County Airport / John Wayne for dartures only.

The last time for transfer departures is at 4:00pm for either airport.

If you want to depart laterr 4:00pm, transfers will be on your own.

This is the same for all guests.

If you decide to book any additional nights on your own, you will be responsible for your own transfers. Again, this is the same or all guests.

There are several efficient ways to get to either airport, should you wish to take a late flight.

Many previous guests have had luck with Super Shuttle or a taxi.
__________________
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #34
Addicted to Dopey
Newt's Posse
 
Addicted to Dopey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 287

Kevin,

you should be enjoying the cruise!!

I was told by ABD when i called to have my name fixed that a cab would be approx $150! while we would want to take a red eye out we really dont want to pay that much money! I know we have a lot of time to figure this out, so im sure there must be a more economical way
Addicted to Dopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:16 PM   #35
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran
 
Chropistopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Georgia
Posts: 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted to Dopey View Post
Kevin,

you should be enjoying the cruise!!

I was told by ABD when i called to have my name fixed that a cab would be approx $150! while we would want to take a red eye out we really dont want to pay that much money! I know we have a lot of time to figure this out, so im sure there must be a more economical way
Once everyone starts planning additional nights, etc., we should start sharing that info. We may have several parties heading out on the same date and time. Perhaps we could band together and split the costs. Depending on the day that I head back, I may also want to head out on the red eye.
__________________
Christy

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #36
Addicted to Dopey
Newt's Posse
 
Addicted to Dopey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 287

My husband Leo and I are planning to come in on that Thursday (12/12) before and want to take the red eye out that Friday night
(12/20). We are thinking of renting a car for those first few days so we can go to Universal maybe and also so we can get ourselves back to the airport to meet everyone else on Sunday the 15th.

Last edited by Addicted to Dopey; 06-26-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Addicted to Dopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #37
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran
 
Chropistopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Georgia
Posts: 911

I'll most likely come in on the 14th and stay until the 22nd. I've learned that I don't like coming in on the first day of an adventure and it will be hard to resist a couple of more days at Disneyland at Christmas.
__________________
Christy

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #38
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran
 
stenogoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 1,981

Hey there y'all! I thought I would post the link to my Backstage Magic scrapbook from 2010 for folks that might be interested in seeing the photos. There may be some spoilers in there, so view at your own risk!
Enjoy!

http://www.shutterfly.com/photobook/...f3edf1ebadc1fb
__________________
stenogoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:49 AM   #39
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!
 
Circusgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Upper left coast
Posts: 1,598

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted to Dopey View Post
Kevin,

you should be enjoying the cruise!!

I was told by ABD when i called to have my name fixed that a cab would be approx $150! while we would want to take a red eye out we really dont want to pay that much money! I know we have a lot of time to figure this out, so im sure there must be a more economical way
A cab from the Disneyland Resort to the SNA/Orange County airport will be about $40.00 (excluding tip). The valet desk at the Grand Californian often has $10.00 off coupons/vouchers that they give out to guests catching cabs. A Super Shuttle shared van can be as cheap as $8.00 per person.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
Once everyone starts planning additional nights, etc., we should start sharing that info. We may have several parties heading out on the same date and time. Perhaps we could band together and split the costs. Depending on the day that I head back, I may also want to head out on the red eye.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
I'll most likely come in on the 14th and stay until the 22nd. I've learned that I don't like coming in on the first day of an adventure and it will be hard to resist a couple of more days at Disneyland at Christmas.
I'm thinking about coming in a few days early to Anaheim and spending some pre-peak holiday time at Disneyland. I think the resort will be very crowded and the hotel rates at peak when our adventure ends, and I'm hoping it will be better the week before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Hey there y'all! I thought I would post the link to my Backstage Magic scrapbook from 2010 for folks that might be interested in seeing the photos. There may be some spoilers in there, so view at your own risk!
Enjoy!

http://www.shutterfly.com/photobook/...f3edf1ebadc1fb
Lauren, when I use the link I go to the main Shutterfly page, and I tried searching for Stenogoddess but I can't find you!
Circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:28 AM   #40
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran
 
stenogoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 1,981

Thanks Heather! They never make this stuff easy, do they. They assigned me some random name.

Anyway... here's what is hopefully a good link!

http://www.shutterfly.com/gallery/se...bbd47cbb382743
__________________
stenogoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:40 AM   #41
jnjusoioa
I fell in love with DLR, whats not to love. Fantasyland, Toontown, Nemo and so much more. Both parks and DTD are full of little Disney touches that make it truly Walt's park. Mickey Pretzels, Mickey Gingerbreads, Mickey pancaks. Yummy. It is truly th
 
jnjusoioa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Way too far from Disney, I need to change that!!!
Posts: 2,462

Just wanted to say hi. I got my paperwork yesterday in the mail.Also I wish I could come in a couple of days earlier but just don't have the extra cash so just going to be thankful to see what I can on this adventure, sounds like many neat places that one would usually not get to see.
jnjusoioa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #42
jnjusoioa
I fell in love with DLR, whats not to love. Fantasyland, Toontown, Nemo and so much more. Both parks and DTD are full of little Disney touches that make it truly Walt's park. Mickey Pretzels, Mickey Gingerbreads, Mickey pancaks. Yummy. It is truly th
 
jnjusoioa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Way too far from Disney, I need to change that!!!
Posts: 2,462

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Thanks Heather! They never make this stuff easy, do they. They assigned me some random name.

Anyway... here's what is hopefully a good link!

http://www.shutterfly.com/gallery/se...bbd47cbb382743

Awesome Scrapbook, thank you for sharing!!!
jnjusoioa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:20 AM   #43
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran
 
Chropistopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Georgia
Posts: 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Thanks Heather! They never make this stuff easy, do they. They assigned me some random name.

Anyway... here's what is hopefully a good link!

http://www.shutterfly.com/gallery/se...bbd47cbb382743
Beautiful scrapbook, Lauren! Thanks for sharing.
__________________
Christy

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #44
jnjusoioa
I fell in love with DLR, whats not to love. Fantasyland, Toontown, Nemo and so much more. Both parks and DTD are full of little Disney touches that make it truly Walt's park. Mickey Pretzels, Mickey Gingerbreads, Mickey pancaks. Yummy. It is truly th
 
jnjusoioa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Way too far from Disney, I need to change that!!!
Posts: 2,462

Just a quick question. I received my paperwork in the mail and brought it along with me to work. So we only sign and resturn the release right now, is that correct?? The other one with our information we have to wait so we are able to put our flight information on it, is that right? Just want to make sure. Also if I didn't purchase the insurance and would like to how do I do that? Thank You.
jnjusoioa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #45
Addicted to Dopey
Newt's Posse
 
Addicted to Dopey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 287

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Thanks Heather! They never make this stuff easy, do they. They assigned me some random name.

Anyway... here's what is hopefully a good link!

http://www.shutterfly.com/gallery/se...bbd47cbb382743
Wow, what a beautiful scrapbook! I am in awe!! I saw on the site that you said that you used photoshop elements and other digital apps to make it, but then how did you upload that into shutterfly? I can't seem to see where you can do that, but then again I'm more used to photobook america that only lets you use their templates.
Addicted to Dopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: