Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2012, 01:41 AM   #31
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

All right, I FINALLY had time to read. I hope Asia is a BLAST and I cannot WAIT to hear about it, girlie!

-Ummss you forgot to comment on my comment, BG! (That stands for babygirl.)
-I love, love all of your anniversary pictures. I am SO excited for mine.
-OH MI GOSH!!! Those parmesan crisp things look better than, like, anything else ever in the whole wide world. Mmmm.
-I love Napoleans. Just FYI.
-I would like that crème brulee in my tummy now please--- thanks.
-Awww poor little furbaby all alone!
-I adore all of your anniversary gifts. I really do. They’re like all of my favorite things combined.
-I want to cuddle Bella.
-I am definitely going to make one of those shirts!
-I really want that bread. You’re making me sooo hungry.
-Also, that’s not a salad. That’s a piece of lettuce. Just sayin.
-You should have gone to meet Belle!
-I hate it when people get confused about tickets. I have no patience. Jennifer would have punched him.
-I wish they would have upgraded you to MK view! The room is lovely though.
-You guys look so pretty.
-Pickled watermelon? Huh…
-I’ve never had duck! But I would totally eat it.
-Did you go there for the hal-i-but??
-I don’t like seafood. ☹
-But I LOVE PORK BELLY!!! Mmmm.
-Why did they get the cake color wrong?! What the heck!
-I LOVE THE DON’T BOTHER ME SHIRT! I need to get that for Chris. I am just going to steal your life.
-You didn’t like the soup?!?! Gasp!!! That’s okay. I still love you.
-LOL! KORY’S FACE!!!
-She’s better than that Belle I have the picture with in my wedding dress! You know the one.
-Why do they treat your poorly if you’re a CM??

And, once again, happy anniversary!!! <3 <3 <3

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
Old 07-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #32
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Just caught up I hope you're having an amazing time--I just saw one of your pix from Tokyo on FB!!

Baxter and Bella should playdate when I get there

I'm kind of mad at the GF for messing up your cake color--or maybe I'm still holding a grudge for how dumb they were when I tried to order a cake from them. I feel like whatever you tell them, they give you something else. I'm glad it tasted good, and it did look pretty!

Your anniversary pix came out great!!

I LOVE all your anniversary presents!! They are beautiful!!!

The GF looked great--still on my bucket list. I'll pass on V&A.. I'm too picky.

I was curious about Tutto Gusto... but I have an obsession with Via Napoli... dunno if I could bypass that.

And yes... the caramel corn is like crack! I didn't get it last week because it was too rainy and I didn't wanna walk anymore. Boo.

Great TR!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2012, 11:18 PM   #33
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlocmac View Post
It sounds like you guys had a really great time!
-we definitely need to try the wine flight and caramel store in Germany!
-your tank top turned out great
-I hate leaving our animals too. My mom is staying at our house for the week of the 4th to watch all of ours.
-those are some pretty awesome gifts you parents bought you. I also love the pic you got with the money from Kory's grandma.
-I just don't know if I could eat that food at Victoria & Albert's. I'm sooooooo picky. That stuff looked a little raw for my liking. Lol the service sounds pretty awesome though!!
-you're room was pretty. Did you feel like you were able to enjoy it this time around?
-the food pics from 1900 PF are making me hungry...and don't feel bad. We were ignored for half our meal too. Even though our server was waking all around us, I had an empty glass on the edge of my table the majority of the time.
-cute pool guests
-can't wait to here about your trip overseas!! It's going to be unforgettable!!!
Thank you! If you're picky, then V&A might not be for your. It was sooo good though! We did enjoy it more! I don't think we could ever spend the money for a longer time so I'm glad we did just this one night. Boo for bad service at 1900PF!! I need to upload all my pics from overseas to make a TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.ThaddeusToad View Post
Happy 1st Anniversary! What a wonderful trip! You both gave each other wonderful gifts. I need to start thinking about what to get DH for our 1st anniversary!
~Thank you! I didn't know what I was going to do if I Journey didn't have a concert nearby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
V&A's looks absolutely incredible!! The food looks amazing and it really is such a gorgeous restaurant. I haven't really haven't had a desire to eat there until I heard about your experience! Maybe we will try it before the wedding!

Your cake is SO cute! That stinks that it wasn't purple!!

Your Cafe Press shirts are ADORABLE!! LOL at the picture of Hubby with Tigger and Piglet!

Okay, I can't believe that servers will treat CMs nasty sometimes! So NOT okay!!

Alice and Mary look great! I'll agree with you on Belle.. not exactly as I'd picture her but still pretty!

Aww, the ducks are always so funny when they decide to take a swim! Too cute!

It sounds like you had a great mini-vacation and a wonderful 1st Anniversary!! Hooray!
V&A was amazing! If you aren't too picky, then I would soo recommend eating there! And thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneylauren View Post
Loved your TR!

So at 1900 PF, you had Piglet, Tigger, Alice, Mary Poppins, and Belle?
We were there last July and had Tigger, Pooh, Alice, Mad Hatter, and Mary Poppins.
We will be eating there this July too.

Do you know if they changed the characters or if it is always random?
I think they change the characters randomly because I've seen different ones on other people's TRs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebbradley View Post
The new seasonal hours are a big pain!

Definitely true. I've had one horrible experience.

Andrea, everything looked great! I so want to go to Victoria and Albert's!
I am so over the seasonal hours. I've heard a rumor that they might get increased too. I sooo hope not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle83 View Post
So jealous of your stay at GF! Looks like a great anniversary!
Thanks!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:31 PM   #34
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by One_Song View Post
I can't remember the last time I was on the boards, but when I saw that you had written a TR, I had to come read! Looks like you guys had a great anniversary!

I am terrrrrrrrible at leaving our puppies! I just wish I could make them understand that I'm coming back, then I wouldn't feel so bad. I admit, I've never been to Flying Fish, but now I want to try. And that little salad at Tutto looks tiny, like a slice of lettuce!

V&A is so wonderful, isn't it? I loved all the bread courses. I tried not to fill up entirely on bread, but it was so good! I would love to try that mushroom soup, looks delicious! And the banana gateau is the dessert that I had too! I loved it.

Have a great time on your trip, I hope your flight today isn't affected by Debby! Can't wait to hear all about it!
I hate leaving Bella! I left her for 2 weeks, saw her for a day, left her for a week, now I'm seeing her for a week then leaving her for 5 days! Definitely try Flying Fish. It's yummy!

And it's definitely after reading your TR that I decided V&A was non-negotiable. I've always wanted to go, but Kory didn't. And so I was going to wait until that was the last restaurant on the list to go to. But after reading your TR, I knew I couldn't wait that long! And luckily our flight wasn't affected by Debby, but our flight out of Hong Kong was affected by a tropical cyclone over there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFTWbride2013 View Post
Happy (belated) anniversary! It looks like you guys had a great time.

-Bella is sooo cute!
-Your anniversary gifts look wonderful, but I think the picture you bought is AMAZING. Very unique and special!
-Your anniversary pictures look great, can't wait to see the rest!
-Those pictures from V&A's look great. We're going there on our honeymoon, and I have to admit I'm pretty scared. I have no idea how to "properly" eat most of those foods, I'm going to make such a mess!
-I'm wondering the same thing about the characters as courtneylauren. We have 1900 booked for breakfast for our Christmas trip because I want to meet Alice and the Mad Hatter. We're considering having them at the wedding and I was hoping that would help me make a decision.
-Belle is one of my favorites too, and that's not quite how I would picture her either. Is it too mean if I say I think her mouth is a little big for Belle? I was also disappointed by the Jasmine I saw in MK (Jasmine is my favorite) but I love all the Alices I've seen! I have to call Alice my favorite un-princess.
-Duckies in the pool, how cute!
-Love your room in the GF, I dream of staying there one day. Was it worth it for just a night? It sounds like you guys were too busy to be in there and enjoy it much! That's my biggest worry.

So, you're going to Tokyo Disney? I expect a TR, and I expect you to post it on the FB page so I can read it (otherwise I'll never find it)! Going there one day is my #1 Disney-related goal in life, so I have to take the opportunity to live through you for now.
~Thank you!
~Where should I post the anniversary pics? On this thread or my PJ over on the Disbrides board?
~I don't really know how to eat properly. But the tables are so spread out that no one would notice if you did make a mess
~I do think the characters change. But if it helps any, I almost always like the Alices that I see!
~I do think the GF CL room was worth it, only because I know we could never afford it for a longer period of time and I wanted to be able to enjoy it some!
~And I am definitely doing a TR for each of Hong Kong and Tokyo. I'll post about it on the FB page when I start it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleinad16 View Post
•Happy belated anniversary! Wow, I can't believe it's been a year for you two~
•I love that you were able to stretch out your celebration a couple of days...looks like a bunch of fun!
•Your 1 year pics look so amazing! Regina's so great. And you are still so beautiful! I can look at you in pics all the time.
•The room at the GF looks great! Were you happy with the splurge of CL?
•I CANNOT WAIT to try Victoria & Albert's...Mmmm!
•Yummy...I want Mickey waffles now.
•The characters look pretty good...Especially Alice!

Glad you had so much fun!!!

Saw you landed in Asia safely--HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!!
~Thanks! I can't believe it's been a year either! And thanks for the compliments about the pics! I was happy with the splurge. I figured that we wouldn't be able to do it in the future so I had to do it then or never! You soooo need to go to V&A...yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
All right, I FINALLY had time to read. I hope Asia is a BLAST and I cannot WAIT to hear about it, girlie!

-Ummss you forgot to comment on my comment, BG! (That stands for babygirl.)
-I love, love all of your anniversary pictures. I am SO excited for mine.
-OH MI GOSH!!! Those parmesan crisp things look better than, like, anything else ever in the whole wide world. Mmmm.
-I love Napoleans. Just FYI.
-I would like that crème brulee in my tummy now please--- thanks.
-Awww poor little furbaby all alone!
-I adore all of your anniversary gifts. I really do. They’re like all of my favorite things combined.
-I want to cuddle Bella.
-I am definitely going to make one of those shirts!
-I really want that bread. You’re making me sooo hungry.
-Also, that’s not a salad. That’s a piece of lettuce. Just sayin.
-You should have gone to meet Belle!
-I hate it when people get confused about tickets. I have no patience. Jennifer would have punched him.
-I wish they would have upgraded you to MK view! The room is lovely though.
-You guys look so pretty.
-Pickled watermelon? Huh…
-I’ve never had duck! But I would totally eat it.
-Did you go there for the hal-i-but??
-I don’t like seafood. ☹
-But I LOVE PORK BELLY!!! Mmmm.
-Why did they get the cake color wrong?! What the heck!
-I LOVE THE DON’T BOTHER ME SHIRT! I need to get that for Chris. I am just going to steal your life.
-You didn’t like the soup?!?! Gasp!!! That’s okay. I still love you.
-LOL! KORY’S FACE!!!
-She’s better than that Belle I have the picture with in my wedding dress! You know the one.
-Why do they treat your poorly if you’re a CM??

And, once again, happy anniversary!!! <3 <3 <3
~Oh how did I forget to comment about BG??? I love that nickname!!
~I am excited for your pics too...I want to see them!
~I think for your NYE trip you should go get some of those paremsan crisp things and get me some too!
~All the food was sooo yummy those days (and it's making me hungrier since we ate lunch around 3 on the drive back home today and then decided we didn't want dinner. But now we're hungry and nothing's open and we don't have any food in the house yet! ) oh and the hal-i-but totally made the dinner
~I don't know why they got the cake color wrong! Silly people!
~And totally steal the shirts!
~I would like the soup if it was smoother with no seeds!
~I think (although have no proof of this) that they treat CMs worse because gratuity is already included when we get our discount. So they figure that they don't have to work to get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
Just caught up I hope you're having an amazing time--I just saw one of your pix from Tokyo on FB!!

Baxter and Bella should playdate when I get there

I'm kind of mad at the GF for messing up your cake color--or maybe I'm still holding a grudge for how dumb they were when I tried to order a cake from them. I feel like whatever you tell them, they give you something else. I'm glad it tasted good, and it did look pretty!

Your anniversary pix came out great!!

I LOVE all your anniversary presents!! They are beautiful!!!

The GF looked great--still on my bucket list. I'll pass on V&A.. I'm too picky.

I was curious about Tutto Gusto... but I have an obsession with Via Napoli... dunno if I could bypass that.

And yes... the caramel corn is like crack! I didn't get it last week because it was too rainy and I didn't wanna walk anymore. Boo.

Great TR!!
~Yes! The puppies should totally have a play date. Although I have to warn you that Bella can be a little bully! She doesn't like any other dogs to get near me so she'll constantly butt her way in!
~Yeah, I don't get what's so hard about making a cake right!
~And thanks!
~Now that you guys will be down here, you could totally do GF for just a night!
~I still need to go to Via Napoli. And now that you'll be down here, you can go to Tutto Gusto!!
~I'm messaging you on FB now that I'm back today!
Old 08-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #35
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Love the report

I've done 1900 Park Faire for Dinner, but I want to try it for breakfast
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Old 08-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #36
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Just finished up! Great TR!
Old 08-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #37
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna71985 View Post
Love the report

I've done 1900 Park Faire for Dinner, but I want to try it for breakfast
Thanks! I had eaten dinner there before and enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Just finished up! Great TR!
Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: