Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #106
KTgE
Mouseketeer

Hooray for one month!

I just got caught up on several posts...boo to the stomach bug...hope the kids are finally over it. Your hair looks great! That's wonderful that you were able to donate twice from the same cut.

Epcot plans look fabulous. Yes, World Showcase can be great for napping in the stroller. When we stay offsite with my DH's family and their timeshare we don't take a midday break because of the time. We do however let the kids sack out in the strollers and take some down time in the parks. And we have two trips planned and will miss Test Track both times! The second trip we miss the reopening by ONE day. So, we feel your frustration! Also, we went twice this spring and didn't get to ride BTMRR at MK. Andy rode it before on previous trips but I was pregnant on those trips so it has been YEARS since I rode it. I'm looking forward to several rides on it in the coming months.

Last, LOVE the girls ballet picture. They are so cute.
KTgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:11 PM   #107
mjmagnuson
Earning My Ears

Woops! Posted under my old account. See below!
mjmagnuson is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #108
GrimGrinningStitch
A Swinging Wake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post

OH. MY. HEAVENS! MATTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!! I feel like royalty just visited this PTR!
Thanks for reading all my ramblings. I will admit that I have been really distracted lately and haven't been posting my plans that well, but I have the best intentions...that's what counts, right!?!
In a word, YES. YES, it is hot and muggy in September, but nowhere near the summertime level of yuck. Mornings and evenings are actually pretty pleasant, but middle of the day can be rough. To me, though, that's just a reason to play in all the water features because no one will think I'm insane.
Glad you're joining in. If you like what you read, feel free to send me your MacBook.
Stupid auto login still had my old account! Anyways -

Yay! And as much as I would like to reward your amazing TR with my Macbook, I can't be more than 10 feet away from it or I start going into withdrawal. Unfortunately, they don't make a Macbook Patch to help deal with the cravings.

Also, Washington is about to hit 90 degrees this weekend, so we could still use shorts as well!
GrimGrinningStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #109
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
[B]
Way back a couple of weekends ago, I did go shopping and bought lots of things. On that trip, I had my first Dismeet ever, and it was totally unintentional! I saw Heather (hlrababy) getting in the elevator with Sawyer and me at the mall while my girls and their dad rode the escalator upstairs. She was maybe a little creeped out that I stared her down. I was SURE it was her, and I'm not sure where I got the nerve, but I ran over to her and asked if she was a Diser! How cool is that!?!

[B]
Haha I promise you I was not creeped out! I think I was concerned with Hollie trying to push Hannah around in the stroller, which means she runs like a wild girl while pushing Hannah and I am screaming for her to stop!! ha ha

Quote:

It was so fun! I think I was in shock, though, so it was just a quick hi/bye. Now that we know we're near each other, I'm sure we'll get together and have plenty to say!

Oh absolutely!!! I love Dismeets!
hlrababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #110
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Plans look great! We are an Epcot family for sure and the more time spent there the better! I really don't like leaving Epcot for a break because the bus stops are so darn far away!!! We stayed at Pop on our last 2 trips and that it literally the furthest bus stop from the exit. You're like in a different zip code I swear. Anyways...there are so many great places at Epcot to escape the heat (hello Figment and the France movie...my family has never seen it).

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #111
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Um, I feel famous because I got a big ol' SHOUT OUT from you in your PTR! Haha. Though honestly, it has been pretty hot here! In fact, I think Friday it's supposed to hit 94. Noooot happy about it, but at least I'll be at work in the AC during the day! We have AC in our bedroom, but that's it, and our big great room downstairs turns into a SAUNA because of all the windows. I love that room, but the summer is absolutely BRUTAL.

We might take the dogs out with us Friday night in the car just to be in the AC for a bit and maybe go somewhere cooler just to get them out of the house. ANYWAY, enough about me.

The girls look super cute in their outfits! And also, I'm very excited to see photos of the coordinated outfits.

I love the sounds of your Epcot plans! 1.1 for crowds is pretty unbeatable! You're kind of starting to sell me on going in September... EXCEPT for the heat and humidity! I cannot STAND heat and humidity, like, ugh. I do not miss Boston's ridiculously hot summers because of this. But you do make a good point that we can just take that as an opportunity to take an afternoon break and go swimming! We'd probably make it into more of a relaxed trip anyway... Hmmm, I just might have to consider this, and ya know... talk Matt into doing 2 WDW trips in one year. So jealous you guys will be there so soon! TAKE ME WITH YOOOUUUU.
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:45 AM   #112
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Yay for 1 month left!!!! And for Mickey Mail!!!

Your Epcot plans sound great! I love Figment, but my "despite the" is the skunk smell!

Not sure if it helps at all, but up here, shorts are still on sale at everywhere I've seen! (DEFINITELY at Target! )
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:50 AM   #113
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTgE View Post
Hooray for one month!

I just got caught up on several posts...boo to the stomach bug...hope the kids are finally over it. Your hair looks great! That's wonderful that you were able to donate twice from the same cut.

Epcot plans look fabulous. Yes, World Showcase can be great for napping in the stroller. When we stay offsite with my DH's family and their timeshare we don't take a midday break because of the time. We do however let the kids sack out in the strollers and take some down time in the parks. And we have two trips planned and will miss Test Track both times! The second trip we miss the reopening by ONE day. So, we feel your frustration! Also, we went twice this spring and didn't get to ride BTMRR at MK. Andy rode it before on previous trips but I was pregnant on those trips so it has been YEARS since I rode it. I'm looking forward to several rides on it in the coming months.

Last, LOVE the girls ballet picture. They are so cute.
Missing by only one day would definitely make me more frustrated than missing it by weeks! BOO! I understand about missing rides because of pregnancy; last year was the first year I got to ride ANY Mountain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimGrinningStitch View Post
Stupid auto login still had my old account! Anyways -

Yay! And as much as I would like to reward your amazing TR with my Macbook, I can't be more than 10 feet away from it or I start going into withdrawal. Unfortunately, they don't make a Macbook Patch to help deal with the cravings.

Also, Washington is about to hit 90 degrees this weekend, so we could still use shorts as well!
Oh, well. A girl can dream. I'm sure Apple has a patch for that. They just aren't ready to release it yet.
I don't want to hear this "hot Washington" talk. Not at all. You're ruining my dream world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Haha I promise you I was not creeped out! I think I was concerned with Hollie trying to push Hannah around in the stroller, which means she runs like a wild girl while pushing Hannah and I am screaming for her to stop!! ha ha

Oh absolutely!!! I love Dismeets!
Kid with a stroller always puts me on edge, too. Julia has no shame. When she's concentrating on pushing Sawyer, she doesn't even stop to apologize to the people whose feet she's constantly running over!
I can't wait for a planned Dismeet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Plans look great! We are an Epcot family for sure and the more time spent there the better! I really don't like leaving Epcot for a break because the bus stops are so darn far away!!! We stayed at Pop on our last 2 trips and that it literally the furthest bus stop from the exit. You're like in a different zip code I swear. Anyways...there are so many great places at Epcot to escape the heat (hello Figment and the France movie...my family has never seen it).
We've never seen the France Movie. We've never seen ANY movie there, come to think of it! We even walked right by the one after Maelstrom.
We're a big Epcot family for sure, as well. I never understand it when people say their kids won't like it--mine LOVE it! Even the baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
Um, I feel famous because I got a big ol' SHOUT OUT from you in your PTR! Haha. Though honestly, it has been pretty hot here! In fact, I think Friday it's supposed to hit 94. Noooot happy about it, but at least I'll be at work in the AC during the day! We have AC in our bedroom, but that's it, and our big great room downstairs turns into a SAUNA because of all the windows. I love that room, but the summer is absolutely BRUTAL.

We might take the dogs out with us Friday night in the car just to be in the AC for a bit and maybe go somewhere cooler just to get them out of the house. ANYWAY, enough about me.

The girls look super cute in their outfits! And also, I'm very excited to see photos of the coordinated outfits.

I love the sounds of your Epcot plans! 1.1 for crowds is pretty unbeatable! You're kind of starting to sell me on going in September... EXCEPT for the heat and humidity! I cannot STAND heat and humidity, like, ugh. I do not miss Boston's ridiculously hot summers because of this. But you do make a good point that we can just take that as an opportunity to take an afternoon break and go swimming! We'd probably make it into more of a relaxed trip anyway... Hmmm, I just might have to consider this, and ya know... talk Matt into doing 2 WDW trips in one year. So jealous you guys will be there so soon! TAKE ME WITH YOOOUUUU.
Look, Dani. I have personally been planning on packing up my family and crashing at your house for my dream Northwest vacation, and the weather you're having is ruining it. RUINING! Make it stop. Please. For the children.
Same thing happened to me in London one year. The first couple of weeks were so pleasant. Then BAM! Heat wave with most of the country without A/C. No A/C is unthinkable to me. It was hotter there than in Georgia, and there was something very, very wrong about that to me.
I'm telling you, September is spectacular....oh, MATT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Yay for 1 month left!!!! And for Mickey Mail!!!

Your Epcot plans sound great! I love Figment, but my "despite the" is the skunk smell!

Not sure if it helps at all, but up here, shorts are still on sale at everywhere I've seen! (DEFINITELY at Target! )
Yeah, that's not very pleasant, either. I just mouth breathe during that part!
I love me some Target. There are shorts I want there, but I've checked two Targets and neither have my size! I still have one more store to check. Fingers crossed!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #114
KTgE
Mouseketeer

Oh!

We had never seen any of the Epcot movies either until May and we tried out the movie in Canada with Martin Short. I would highly recommend it, actually. There are no seats because it's a 360 screen so the kiddos can plop down in the cool AC if need be. But it's really neat to turn around and take it all in. They have these wooden rails people can lean on if they need to.

My grandmother is full Canadian...we walked out and Andy asked if it made me proud of my Canadian roots.
KTgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #115
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I feel like I keep responding to your posts, and they keep not showing up

Your hair looks great!

1.1 crowd level? That's amazing! We'll be stuck with summers from now on.

Beautiful girls on their way to dance class!

I can't believe that the trip is so close now! I can't wait to hear about it.

I have the camera that Brandon is selling. This makes me happy because that means if I learn how to use it, I'll have pictures almost as good as yours!

I hear ya about the school shopping frustration. I've been trying to buy anything but summer gear (seriously where are all the long sleeved shirts and jeans?) It's still pretty warm here, but the weather will turn on a dime, so I like to be ready for it. I had to go to an "outdoor" store just to find Maddie a fleece jacket!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #116
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTgE View Post
Oh!

We had never seen any of the Epcot movies either until May and we tried out the movie in Canada with Martin Short. I would highly recommend it, actually. There are no seats because it's a 360 screen so the kiddos can plop down in the cool AC if need be. But it's really neat to turn around and take it all in. They have these wooden rails people can lean on if they need to.

My grandmother is full Canadian...we walked out and Andy asked if it made me proud of my Canadian roots.
That sounds PERFECT! Brynn does not sit. Like EVER. But she loves having lots to look at, and 360 degrees of movie sounds right up her alley. Perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I feel like I keep responding to your posts, and they keep not showing up

Your hair looks great!

1.1 crowd level? That's amazing! We'll be stuck with summers from now on.

Beautiful girls on their way to dance class!

I can't believe that the trip is so close now! I can't wait to hear about it.

I have the camera that Brandon is selling. This makes me happy because that means if I learn how to use it, I'll have pictures almost as good as yours!

I hear ya about the school shopping frustration. I've been trying to buy anything but summer gear (seriously where are all the long sleeved shirts and jeans?) It's still pretty warm here, but the weather will turn on a dime, so I like to be ready for it. I had to go to an "outdoor" store just to find Maddie a fleece jacket!
I always feel like that, too! I will swear I posted and then it's not there when I go back and look. Frustrating! (That, or I'm crazy)
That camera was so awesome. The only reason he's getting rid of it is because he wanted a full-frame camera (I don't know what that means.). Still, this one has so many memories!
30 DAYS!!!!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Old 08-15-2012, 10:58 PM   #117
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

I've promised a preview into my obsessiveness, and here it is!

Coordinating Outfits Time!

A few words of warning:

1. I took these pictures, not Brandon. Therefore, they're horrible. Sorry.

2. The clothes are extremely wrinkled. They are currently residing in a huge pile in the rocking chair in my bedroom. Oops. I promise they will all be nice and ironed just in time for us to get them all sweaty and re-wrinkled. They were also taken on a blanket in my floor. I am so classy I don't know what to do with myself.

3. I am insane. Does anybody else coordinate outfits this much? I mean, they don't "match" (except for the girls' outfits), but they are at least a color theme. I'm ridiculous, I know.

You will recognize many of the outfits from our last TR, but there are plenty of news ones, too.

Here we go.

For our first day, MK.

Second day, Epcot. This is the comfiest skirt ever. I can't wait to wear it to the park. That's a new shirt for Sawyer because he's grown so much, but I laid the old one from last year on top to show you what we'll be ironing on it. Why change a design you like?!

Third day, MK. This is our Crystal Palace day, so we've got Winnie the Pooh designs going on. Still haven't designed Sawyer's shirt yet, but this is the plain version of it. My friend made the girls' Classic Pooh dresses for them last year.

Fourth day, DHS. Okay, okay, this one's not that matchy-matchy. But you have to admit that the Star Wars shirt is awesome! No, he can't yet ride Star Tours, but still...looks like the girls coordinate colors and the boys do. That counts, right?

Fifth day, Animal Kingdom. Brandon's shirt is lost, so we'll have to make him a new one. It matches Sawyer's (yes, another shirt laid on top of a shirt to show you what we will iron on). Also, I will indeed be wearing shorts, even though they aren't in the picture.

Sixth day, Epcot. You've seen these clothes in our beach pic, except I got a new blingy shirt.

Seventh day, Magic Kingdom. Imagine this, but for all of us. And without the glittery belt. These are the shirts we made for Brynn's birthday party. It's sort of based on the design of a very old pin.

Eighth Day, Magic Kingdom. Color coordination, different characters. The girls with Alice, Sawyer as Woody. He picked out this shirt at the Disney Store a few weeks ago!

SHOES! We like Crocs. I got six pairs of kids' Crocs for $60 a few weeks ago, including some for Sawyer with Mickey/Pluto and tigers...unfortunately, those are still too big for him, so we had to buy him the sandals and Jibbetz by Crocs at Target in his size. The girls both have pink and black ones, and mine are the brown and black ones up top. They are all I wear to the parks. I swear by them. Brandon always wears his Keens (not pictured because they were on his feet).

These clothing choices are subject to change, but not much because I have no money to buy other clothes .

Crazy? Or wise planning?

Old 08-15-2012, 11:24 PM   #118
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I love it! I could never get Bryan to match us.

You'll get the best pictures in your coordinated outfits! I think it's great.

My faves are the 'blingy' outfits, and the ones for AK. You know I love your animal prints for AK!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:27 PM   #119
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Well if that isn't impressive, then I don't know what is! Seriously though, I love the outfits! Those kids are going to be stylin' and profilin'... well actually, you all will be!

I kind of wonder if one days when we have kids and go to Disney, if I'll be able to convince Matt to wear matching shirts. I think they're quite cute!

But yes, your coordination with your days in the parks is pretty impressive. I myself enjoy the blingy shirt!
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:40 PM   #120
starann
In having children, I have lost my mind, but found my soul

CLothes are amazing!!!! My DH will not let me matchy/match us....pooh head!

Your outfits looks great...nice but not too nice, but not too relaxed!!! And I love that it is all planned out and there is no 'what should I wear today'

I may have to do this for at least me and the kids (and be sneaky about it with DH). We usually pack the kids clothes with ziplock with the name of the kids and the day of the week.
Cody 12-19-03 and Shane 2-23-05
Casey 5-13-11
and last..........
Our little 'Souvenir' who arrived 6 weeks early, Josephine 4-24-14

You Brought WHAT Home From WDW?!?!?!?! A Setp 2013 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post49731870
starann is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: