Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #91
starann
In having children, I have lost my mind, but found my soul

Joining in again (although I have to read the rest of yout TR...I took a 'no trip planned, too sad to be on the DIS break, but we are back..and a trip is planned).

Our 8yo was just diagnosed with Aspergers, anxiety, ADHD and tourettes in Jan. We are now involved in a lawsuit with the school district to get him services (based on their eval, he does not qualify for services, which is garbage as he has an ASD diagnosis). Our court date is 9/11 unless we settle before then, but that is not looking promising. Apparently our district likes to waste tax payer dollars and fight everything in court!

We are going next Sept and if I plan correctly, for Free Dining...so it may make more sense to pay for a Mod rather than a Value....hmmmm, may have to look into that then!
Cody 12-19-03 and Shane 2-23-05
Casey 5-13-11
and last..........
Our little 'Souvenir' who arrived 6 weeks early, Josephine 4-24-14

You Brought WHAT Home From WDW?!?!?!?! A Setp 2013 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post49731870
starann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #92
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Love the haircut! My hair is so curly that I have to be super careful when it comes to haircuts. I actually just got my hair done on Friday...had to touch up the highlights. I hadn't had my hair done since May!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #93
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by starann View Post
Joining in again (although I have to read the rest of yout TR...I took a 'no trip planned, too sad to be on the DIS break, but we are back..and a trip is planned).

Our 8yo was just diagnosed with Aspergers, anxiety, ADHD and tourettes in Jan. We are now involved in a lawsuit with the school district to get him services (based on their eval, he does not qualify for services, which is garbage as he has an ASD diagnosis). Our court date is 9/11 unless we settle before then, but that is not looking promising. Apparently our district likes to waste tax payer dollars and fight everything in court!

We are going next Sept and if I plan correctly, for Free Dining...so it may make more sense to pay for a Mod rather than a Value....hmmmm, may have to look into that then!
YAY! I completely understand taking a DIS break--I always end up doing that for a bit myself when I'm feeling like a trip is too far away. Hooray for a planned trip!
That's horrible that your school system is like that! I think you'll easily win the law suit, but that's just horrible that they'd want to deny him services with a legitimate diagnosis and then pay to back up their strange position! I'll admit that beginning the process of stacks of paperwork and jumping through the right hoops is already exhausting to us, and we're nowhere near done, but I absolutely cannot imagine having to go through what you're going through .
Definitely look into the mod vs value--that free dining is a great excuse to upgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Love the haircut! My hair is so curly that I have to be super careful when it comes to haircuts. I actually just got my hair done on Friday...had to touch up the highlights. I hadn't had my hair done since May!
Thanks! Yeah, I have to flat iron mine or else just put some gel in it and let it kink up. My hair texture is really horrible--not straight, not curly, just an annoying wavy. I can't let it just dry on its own or even blow-dry it straight with a round brush. Must completely straighten it or just forget it and try to tame it as best I can! LOL!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:48 AM   #94
lledman
DIS Veteran

Your hair looks awesome!!!!!!!!!! And Julia is styling heading back to school. Sorry that all the little ones got sick at the same time - that stinks. Can't wait to see your purchases.
May 2011 with the in-laws
January 2012 - no husbands allowed

Best Friends Take on the World - October 2012 PTR

lledman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #95
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lledman View Post
Your hair looks awesome!!!!!!!!!! And Julia is styling heading back to school. Sorry that all the little ones got sick at the same time - that stinks. Can't wait to see your purchases.
THANKS! It feels so much lighter. I could really get used to it! I'm sure I'll be much cooler at WDW, at least!
Julia was so excited that pretty much everything she had on was pink and white. Even her glasses have tiny pink stars at the corners and are pink behind the brown on the inside (does that make sense?), but you can't really see that in the picture. It's the little things in life, you know?!

Unfortunately, just when I thought they were getting better, Brynn and Sawyer continued with their sickness as of last night (Sawyer) and this morning (Brynn). BOO! It's definitely not the Disney sickness we had, because this is lasting FOREVER! I am just praying this is the one sickness of the year and that we won't catch anything while we're there!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Old 08-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #96
starann
In having children, I have lost my mind, but found my soul

EWWWWWWWW Sorry about the sickies. Knock on wood, it's been awhile since my kids have had the throwing up sickies that have run thru the house (and of course now that I have tempted the gods, we will all start throwing up tonight!).

I forgot to comment on the hair...it looks so much healither!!! I had mine cut off in March (and not since!) and it is sooooooooo much lighter!!! I'm due for another cut (and shhhhhhhh, color), actually overdue, but now that we are in Disney mode, I will hold off to save money!

Our kids go back to school at the end of the month. Part of me is excited to get them back in school and part of me is not.
Cody 12-19-03 and Shane 2-23-05
Casey 5-13-11
and last..........
Our little 'Souvenir' who arrived 6 weeks early, Josephine 4-24-14

You Brought WHAT Home From WDW?!?!?!?! A Setp 2013 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post49731870
starann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #97
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

That's awesome that you and Heather had an unofficial DIS meet!!! How random and fun!

Julia looks so cute heading off to school! The modified schedule really does sound great!

Your hair looks fabulous!! Good for you for donating!!

Hope everyone is feeling better soon!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:39 AM   #98
Dream426
Love Disney!!

Your hair looks great!! Can't wait to see the purchases and pictures of the tap and ballet classes. Your trip is just around the corner.

Gianna's First of Many WDW Trips March 2013!! PTR

Gianna and Sophia's First Trip to Disney World September 2014 PTR!!

Dream426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:17 AM   #99
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I love your haircut! That is wonderful you donated your hair to Locks of Love.

I hope everyone feels all better soon!

I canít wait to see all of your purchases!
LifeIsDis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #100
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Ahh sorry, I'm a little late in responding. But what a bummer about the kids being sick again! That has got to be the worst. Also, can I just say how jealous I am how SOON your trip is?! Man, September will be here before you know it, and you'll be back in the best place on Earth! I love the school year for you guys; must make vacations WAYS easier to take, especially during the slower times of year at Disney World!
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:11 PM   #101
JDailey
Mouseketeer

Hello again! Sorry it's been a while.....I am all caught up with the last trip and this P.T.R. The last trip seemed to have its ups and downs for sure. I hope this one is even better for ya!!

Last edited by JDailey; 08-13-2012 at 07:19 PM.
JDailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #102
GrimGrinningStitch
A Swinging Wake

Hey, this is Dani's (DaniMaroo's) husband, and she mentioned I should check out your TR/PTR, and I'm now all caught up! Can't wait to see your plans, especially since we're considering a September trip in the future! Out of curiosity, is it pretty hot/muggy during that month?
GrimGrinningStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:30 AM   #103
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starann View Post
EWWWWWWWW Sorry about the sickies. Knock on wood, it's been awhile since my kids have had the throwing up sickies that have run thru the house (and of course now that I have tempted the gods, we will all start throwing up tonight!).

I forgot to comment on the hair...it looks so much healither!!! I had mine cut off in March (and not since!) and it is sooooooooo much lighter!!! I'm due for another cut (and shhhhhhhh, color), actually overdue, but now that we are in Disney mode, I will hold off to save money!

Our kids go back to school at the end of the month. Part of me is excited to get them back in school and part of me is not.
I am LOVING my new hair now that I've had a few days to get used to it! It really has taken a lot of weight off my neck and it's so much cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
That's awesome that you and Heather had an unofficial DIS meet!!! How random and fun!

Julia looks so cute heading off to school! The modified schedule really does sound great!

Your hair looks fabulous!! Good for you for donating!!

Hope everyone is feeling better soon!!
It was so fun! I think I was in shock, though, so it was just a quick hi/bye. Now that we know we're near each other, I'm sure we'll get together and have plenty to say!
I had so much hair that I couldn't in good conscience NOT donate it! It meant I had to go a tad bit shorter than I originally intended, but I think I like it even more this way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream426 View Post
Your hair looks great!! Can't wait to see the purchases and pictures of the tap and ballet classes. Your trip is just around the corner.
Thanks! Pictures of dance coming up in just a minute !

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
I love your haircut! That is wonderful you donated your hair to Locks of Love.

I hope everyone feels all better soon!

I canít wait to see all of your purchases!
Thank you! We're all feeling better now, FINALLY.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #104
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
Ahh sorry, I'm a little late in responding. But what a bummer about the kids being sick again! That has got to be the worst. Also, can I just say how jealous I am how SOON your trip is?! Man, September will be here before you know it, and you'll be back in the best place on Earth! I love the school year for you guys; must make vacations WAYS easier to take, especially during the slower times of year at Disney World!
Girl, you are just fashionably late. That's always my excuse for being a posting loser...only fabulous people show up fashionably late!
Thankfully, we are finally all better. Not gonna lie--it was so much worse than the Disney sickness because it lasted FOR-EV-ER. It didn't make anyone feel nearly as bad, but the duration sucked.
We love our own private Disney World! You've got to go in September!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDailey View Post
Hello again! Sorry it's been a while.....I am all caught up with the last trip and this P.T.R. The last trip seemed to have its ups and downs for sure. I hope this one is even better for ya!!
It most certainly did have way too many ups and downs, but we actually fit in most of what we wanted to do and still had a ton of fun! Of course I hope it doesn't happen again, but at least we know that we can handle it if it does and that it's all about the attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimGrinningStitch View Post
Hey, this is Dani's (DaniMaroo's) husband, and she mentioned I should check out your TR/PTR, and I'm now all caught up! Can't wait to see your plans, especially since we're considering a September trip in the future! Out of curiosity, is it pretty hot/muggy during that month?
OH. MY. HEAVENS! MATTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!! I feel like royalty just visited this PTR!
Thanks for reading all my ramblings. I will admit that I have been really distracted lately and haven't been posting my plans that well, but I have the best intentions...that's what counts, right!?!
In a word, YES. YES, it is hot and muggy in September, but nowhere near the summertime level of yuck. Mornings and evenings are actually pretty pleasant, but middle of the day can be rough. To me, though, that's just a reason to play in all the water features because no one will think I'm insane.
Glad you're joining in. If you like what you read, feel free to send me your MacBook.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #105
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

LOOK AT MY TICKER. JUST LOOK! What does that say?

ONE MONTH!!!!!!!! !

Not gonna lie--I'm a little overwhelmed. I have been shopping like crazy, and I've realized that even though it's a bajillion degrees in Georgia pretty much until November, they have taken most shorts out of the stores. On a positive note, when I do manage to find some, they're usually on clearance. I do have to question the sanity of the higher-ups who decided our weather is the same as, say, Washington (shout out to Dani and Matt! HOLLA!), and have fleece and jeans out in abundance in August. I can order kids' shorts online, but you know I have to try mine on and turn around a few times in front of the evil dressing room mirror.

I'm also overwhelmed because I don't have many of my plans done. Brandon keeps reminding me that I don't need plans because I'm a pro at this by now. Pish posh. I'm so absentminded that I need some sort of reminder that I should be walking and not standing in one place drooling at all the magic for hours on end...although, come to think of it, that does sound nice...

Luckily, we're pretty much settled into the school routine now. Tonight's our second night of dance, so all the leotard/tights/shoes/dance bags shopping is over.
And, yes, you can view the cuteness.

Julia did great, of course, and Brynn did, too. Her teacher said she switched from tap to ballet shoes on her own (the fact that she kept them on at all is a miracle!) and she only had to be redirected once during the whole hour when she was staring in the mirror. I don't attribute that to her Asperger's, though. She obviously knows how cute she is and just couldn't stop admiring herself. She was not scared by the music and never had to bring her earmuffs out at all. I'm one excited momma.

Brandon has gotten us on our Disney Diet. He's losing weight like crazy. Me, not so much. I'm going to enjoy the heck out of the dining plan.

Okay, back to Disney.
You know what came in the mail a couple of days ago, right?? MICKEY MAIL! To be honest, the only thing we ever end up using out of the coupon book is the arcade points and the luggage tags, which are super cute this year, btw. Even so, it is so exciting just to get that envelope because it means this is real! It's really happening! AHHHHH!

I've already shared our day 1 plans, so we're on to day 2.
Sunday, September 16, EPCOT.
Did you just faint a little? I am pretty sure I did. Epcot is my favorite park. Well, it's my favorite park for ME. For watching my kids' reactions and for the magic, MK is my favorite.

The crowd level is supposed to be a 1.1 this day according to Touring Plans. Have I mentioned that we love September?? Obviously we can do pretty much anything we want, except for Test Track because it won't be open. (Don't get me started...)
I put in all the stuff we could possibly want to do into the Touring Plans Customizable Plans Beta Thingy (that's the official name, right?), but here's the thing: it matters not if we skip things on this day, because for the first time ever we will have a SECOND EPCOT DAY! You can thank Brandon's experience at the water park last year for freeing up the day we usually go to Blizzard Beach, because he swears he's never going to another water park ever. If you don't know about all that, read my TR in my signature. Or not. Just know we had a rough go of it.

Here's the general idea, though I'm sure our day will turn out nothing like this, except for dinner and Soarin'.

*Arrive way before 9 (please, family? please?)
*Soarin'. We'll have to child swap here, but we certainly don't mind. You know what child swap at The Land means? Strawberry Shortcake and iced coffee for whoever is not on the ride. Maybe even an extra spin on Living With the Land because we are addicts.
*Living With the Land
*The Seas with Nemo and Friends. This is a favorite around here right now. In fact, Brynn just got a fish and named her Dory. (Technically, it's a male betta, but we won't tell ). This movie is also a big part of why we're staying at CBR.
*Turtle Talk with Crush
*The Seas Main Tanks and Exhibits
*Journey Into Imagination with Figment. I think it's cute. The train sound scares the crap out of all of my children, but they still claim to love it.
*Imageworks, which they really do love. And I love air conditioning and letting them run around a while. Win-win situation.
*Lunch. We're winging it. Counter service.
*Gran Fiesta Tour
*(Possibly) Try an Agent P World Showcase Adventure mission.
*World Showcase, stopping for all the good drinks, Sergio (Brandon's favorite, for some reason...possibly the whistle), The American Adventure/Voices of Liberty, and any characters we come across. The girls will almost certainly get their faces painted at the Africa Outpost.
*Back to Future World. Fastpass Mission: Space.
*Shop? OKAY!
*5:30 dinner at Garden Grill. We've never eaten here before and we are so excited! We LOVE The Land, and characters are a plus. I've read so many good things about this place, and I hope they're true!
*Sum of All Thrills if it's still open.
*Spaceship Earth. Dame Dench is my homegirl.
*Stick around for Illuminations if everyone's feeling it. If not, I'll see it when we're at the Poly with monorail access to send people back.

So that's Sunday. Notice there's not a break worked in there. In my experience, a stroller ride through World Showcase seems to put any kid down for a nap at some point. Fingers crossed.

Now, about all those shopping pictures. I did take them. Unfortunately, I know nothing about cameras and took them in RAW format on Brandon's camera. Apparently you can't really work with that format on lots of programs, so he has to switch them over for me. Might be tonight. Might be tomorrow. But the point is, it's an overload of outfit coordination that's too good to miss, in my opinion! I can't wait to show you!

Also, if you're looking for a camera, Brandon is selling the one he used to take all the pictures in my TR. It's a Canon Rebel EOS T1i Digital SLR, and he's selling it with the kit 18-55mm lens, battery, battery charger, and neck strap. If you're interested, pm me and I'll give you more info.

WHEW! I think I'm done spouting off now. Expect the picture overload soon.

Sound good?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: