Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #76
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Sounds like a great plan! I had to laugh at your explanation. Even with only one kid we spend an inordinate amount of time in the bathroom. And even being at a Disney restaurant for and hour, she probably won't have eaten-especially if characters are present.

I'd love to see the outfits when you get them chosen! Are you doing themed ones each day again?

I can't believe that they're starting school so early! We have another month, but then again we don't have fall break.

Yay for dance class! I'm getting Maddie signed up next week (in addition to soccer for fall and gymnastics for winter/spring).
I was pretty sure all kids worked the same!
I'm most likely doing semi-themed ones this time. Maybe not all Disney-themed, but at least color-themed. I'll probably reuse some from last year if they fit, too. Moving up to moderate and deluxe means I have to save somewhere!!
Yes, school does start early. They're on a modified year-round schedule. Their summer is the last week of May, and all of June and July. Then they have lots of time off during the year--a week for Fall Break, Thanksgiving Break, Winter Break, Spring Break, two weeks (and sometimes an extra couple of days) for Christmas Break, and lots of one or two day holidays throughout the year. We LOVE it! Just when we get to thinking that we could use a break, we get one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
Ahh, I just love reading about your plans! I hope no one gets sick this time though... because there should just be a rule that it's impossible to get sick in Disney World! Just sayin'.

How long is your drive to Disney World? I've always wondered what it would be like to drive to Disney World or Disneyland! Unfortunately we're 439493409 miles away from WDW, and Disneyland would be like a 19 hour drive... so I think it'll always be a plane for us!

I like your plans for your first day! Sounds like you guys will be off to a fantastic start. I am so stinkin' excited to see photos of the girls as pirates! AND Sawyer's first haircut?! So cute! That really is an awesome way to start off the trip though!

I hope Sawyer is still in love with Mickey at Chef Mickey's! Those were the best photos ever and you could see how much both he and Mickey were just having fun with it.

Can't wait to hear more plans! And I hope Brynn loves dancing!! You'll have to keep us updated on that front!
It usually takes us about 10 hours. It should probably take a few hours less, but...kids.

Aw, who am I kidding? I have the smallest bladder known to man!

All the kids are so excited, and I'm curious to see how everyone reacts this time, too...and I don't mean how we react to a virus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojosmom23 View Post
We love the pirate league. I have 3 kids also..3 boys..they will be 7 almost 5 and 1 when we get to disey. we will be there sept 20 -30th. the baby is having his first haircut at harmony also on the 22nd. Enjoying your trip report. maybe we will run into each other!!!!
Jenn
I'm so stoked to try Pirate's League! So neat that we'll be there at the same time. We love September!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I think your plans sound great (and perfect for you guys!). I will definitely be keeping my fingers crossed that everyone is feeling well this time around!

I can't believe how early Julia starts school!!
I know, she starts so early! (See the above explanation to Shan.) I'm actually much more prepared for her school to start this year than last year when I was a wreck over her starting kindergarten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream426 View Post
Joining in!! My daughter will be 20 months when we go so I love to read how children her age do. Your children are too cute. Glad everything went well with your daughters test results.
My children have always done so well, even when they were sick. She will do great!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #77
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Your plan so far sounds great!
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #78
mxkris
Mouseketeer

Wow! It takes you 10 hours to drive!!! Man, might have to re-think kiddos if they're going to put a kink in my Disney plans!

I'm hoping it will only take us about 8 or so. But we will traditionally stop at Cracker Barrel somewhere in south GA around breakfast time so maybe more like 8 and 1/2! We're gettin so close though! We're almost a month away!!!

Wilderness Lodge -1994 Fort Wilderness Cabin - May 2004 - HS Graduation Offsite - September 2010 CBR - September 2012 CBR - September 2013 runDisney Enchanted 10k - February 2014 OKW runDisney Tot Ten Miler! - October 2014 POP
mxkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #79
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Hi Jennifer! I have joined your PTR!! Let me tell you, I am in love with any and all things Hawaiian!! So I am super excited you are staying at the Polynesian. I have stayed there only one time. It was with my mom, my Aunt, my Grandmother, and younger cousin. I am counting down teh days until I stay there again!

Oh, and I am so glad you said hi today!!
hlrababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #80
katt789
DIS Veteran

I dissappeared for a while, but I'm back now!! The birthday looks awesome! For someone that doesn't have any kids, or even younger siblings, it's definitely surprising that I know about Yo Gabba Gabba haha!! The Pirates League looks like so much fun! Definitely an added bonus that it's cheaper than BBB, not to mention no need to run around in hot itchy princess dresses all day!

It looks like you guys will be headed over to PL right as Mom & I are headed out of MK, haha! We have a Crystal Palace ADR that morning, but then will be park hopping elsewhere.

The plan for MK looks pretty good! I'm glad the PL settled the argument of what to do first! Aw man, the caprese flat bread is delicious! I had it a few days ago, my one comment: where all the forks are, they have extra bags of like, ranch, and balsamic, grab one of those as I was all "it needs more balsamic" but just kept eating, only to find the extras at the station when I was done...yup...

Chef Mickey's is a place I definitely want to try one of these days!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #81
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
Your plan so far sounds great!
Thanks! I sure hope things are a bit easier this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxkris View Post
Wow! It takes you 10 hours to drive!!! Man, might have to re-think kiddos if they're going to put a kink in my Disney plans!

I'm hoping it will only take us about 8 or so. But we will traditionally stop at Cracker Barrel somewhere in south GA around breakfast time so maybe more like 8 and 1/2! We're gettin so close though! We're almost a month away!!!
Oh, girl. When the kids were smaller, it took even longer. I'm telling you, those bathroom trips and food stops are killer with the younger set in tow!
AHHH! We are getting so close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Hi Jennifer! I have joined your PTR!! Let me tell you, I am in love with any and all things Hawaiian!! So I am super excited you are staying at the Polynesian. I have stayed there only one time. It was with my mom, my Aunt, my Grandmother, and younger cousin. I am counting down teh days until I stay there again!

Oh, and I am so glad you said hi today!!
I'm so glad you're here! I am so excited about staying at the Poly that I think I've convinced myself that it's too fantastic to actually be happening. I am in total disbelief!
I LOVED having my first official (accidental, somewhat creepy) dismeet with you today! We will definitely have to plan one soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
I dissappeared for a while, but I'm back now!! The birthday looks awesome! For someone that doesn't have any kids, or even younger siblings, it's definitely surprising that I know about Yo Gabba Gabba haha!! The Pirates League looks like so much fun! Definitely an added bonus that it's cheaper than BBB, not to mention no need to run around in hot itchy princess dresses all day!

It looks like you guys will be headed over to PL right as Mom & I are headed out of MK, haha! We have a Crystal Palace ADR that morning, but then will be park hopping elsewhere.

The plan for MK looks pretty good! I'm glad the PL settled the argument of what to do first! Aw man, the caprese flat bread is delicious! I had it a few days ago, my one comment: where all the forks are, they have extra bags of like, ranch, and balsamic, grab one of those as I was all "it needs more balsamic" but just kept eating, only to find the extras at the station when I was done...yup...

Chef Mickey's is a place I definitely want to try one of these days!
Yo Gabba Gabba has some great music, no doubt! I think if more adults knew about it, they'd like it! LOL!
Ooooh, you've had the carpese flat bread?! I'm so happy to hear it's good, and also that there is extra balsamic (YUM!). Brandon won't be on board for that one since he doesn't like tomatoes (weirdo), but I'm sure they'll all find something they like. I know Brynn is excited about the IASW view!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Old 07-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #82
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Love your MK plans! Nothing beats that Welcome Show, except the view of the Castle once you go under the train station!! This will be our first time traveling with a little guy under the age of 3, so it will be very different for us. My DD was 3 1/2 on her first trip and we only went to MK and Blizzard Beach. We do go out to eat quite often and he absolutely loves it. He loves to eat!!!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #83
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

hey you! i thought I had subbed, but I guess I did not! haven't read it all, but i like the idea of loosely planning! its what we do mostly. We know what parks, but hey if it changes it changes!

subbing!
inkedupmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #84
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Love your MK plans! Nothing beats that Welcome Show, except the view of the Castle once you go under the train station!! This will be our first time traveling with a little guy under the age of 3, so it will be very different for us. My DD was 3 1/2 on her first trip and we only went to MK and Blizzard Beach. We do go out to eat quite often and he absolutely loves it. He loves to eat!!!
I wish my kids loved to eat! It's really hit-or-miss with them. Add in characters, and I'm not sure how many bites will actually make it past their lips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
hey you! i thought I had subbed, but I guess I did not! haven't read it all, but i like the idea of loosely planning! its what we do mostly. We know what parks, but hey if it changes it changes!

subbing!
Hey, girl! I was *just* thinking about you a couple of days ago. I was trying to come up with some good lunches for Julia at school, and of course I thought of your bento box creations! So glad you're here!

Old 08-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #85
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post

I wish my kids loved to eat! It's really hit-or-miss with them. Add in characters, and I'm not sure how many bites will actually make it past their lips!

Hey, girl! I was *just* thinking about you a couple of days ago. I was trying to come up with some good lunches for Julia at school, and of course I thought of your bento box creations! So glad you're here!

awe! you're sweet! Go on pinterest! FULL of great bentos, easy and hard ones! We tend to do the simple ones, so that the kids can pack their own
inkedupmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #86
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

I'm a trip report-aholic... Found your report while reading another. I read your most recent report and thought it was superb! Can't wait to read more details in this PTR!

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
beachphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #87
KTgE
Mouseketeer

Man, I get busy for a few weeks and come back to lots of updates! Oh, life with small kids and always on the go, right? Here's my responses:

-Yo Gabba...OMG I am right there with you. I don't even no where to start but for whatever reason my kids love it. Initially it use to annoy me but I guess it's gotten better. And they do have good music/guests on it. My husband thinks it's great. Ha.

-Brynn...so glad that everything checked out ok and that you got the answers you were looking for. As a fellow former teacher in my previous life I know you are glad she'll be able to receive the services she deserves.

-Video Camera...Ha. You sound like me with the whole 'count it for your birthday. Christmas. And next three birthdays.' Two years ago, Andy decided he really wanted to try for UGA season tickets...well, I told him sure but that was Birthday/Anniversary/Christmas all rolled in to one. (And yes, we are now season ticket holders!) Hopefully, you'll get some great video of the kids.

-I understand the whole 'Relaxed Touring Schedule' with kids. When I make park day plans I map out ADRs and park options based on the crowds and that's it. The rest we just go with the flow and where the kids want to go. We also make sure to use FP to our advantage and don't wait in long lines but other than that we go with the flow. Makes for a much more relaxed touring experience. And it's funny to see what rides the kids are really in to each trip. Last trip AG was on a huge "Vegetable Ride" kick aka Living with the Land and the Tea Cups. On a previous trip it was all Pooh, Pan, and Pirates.

You'll be there soon! Can't wait to see purchases and the rest of your park plans!
KTgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:52 PM   #88
ShannonMarie
Mouseketeer

I can't wait to see how your resort hop goes. I debated and debated over it for our trip too but didn't end up doing it for various reasons! We are staying at POR. Good for your for staying at CBR because once Sawyer hits 3, you'll be more limited!
Shannon
ShannonMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #89
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTgE View Post
Man, I get busy for a few weeks and come back to lots of updates! Oh, life with small kids and always on the go, right? Here's my responses:

-Yo Gabba...OMG I am right there with you. I don't even no where to start but for whatever reason my kids love it. Initially it use to annoy me but I guess it's gotten better. And they do have good music/guests on it. My husband thinks it's great. Ha.

-Brynn...so glad that everything checked out ok and that you got the answers you were looking for. As a fellow former teacher in my previous life I know you are glad she'll be able to receive the services she deserves.

-Video Camera...Ha. You sound like me with the whole 'count it for your birthday. Christmas. And next three birthdays.' Two years ago, Andy decided he really wanted to try for UGA season tickets...well, I told him sure but that was Birthday/Anniversary/Christmas all rolled in to one. (And yes, we are now season ticket holders!) Hopefully, you'll get some great video of the kids.

-I understand the whole 'Relaxed Touring Schedule' with kids. When I make park day plans I map out ADRs and park options based on the crowds and that's it. The rest we just go with the flow and where the kids want to go. We also make sure to use FP to our advantage and don't wait in long lines but other than that we go with the flow. Makes for a much more relaxed touring experience. And it's funny to see what rides the kids are really in to each trip. Last trip AG was on a huge "Vegetable Ride" kick aka Living with the Land and the Tea Cups. On a previous trip it was all Pooh, Pan, and Pirates.

You'll be there soon! Can't wait to see purchases and the rest of your park plans!
Gift giving at its finest!! Except I know he'll try to convince me he just "needs" something else around those holidays.
Purchases pictures coming up soon, but not quite yet. I'm about to do a quick update and you'll find out why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
I'm a trip report-aholic... Found your report while reading another. I read your most recent report and thought it was superb! Can't wait to read more details in this PTR!
And THANKS! Glad you're joining us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonMarie View Post
I can't wait to see how your resort hop goes. I debated and debated over it for our trip too but didn't end up doing it for various reasons! We are staying at POR. Good for your for staying at CBR because once Sawyer hits 3, you'll be more limited!
Shannon
I really had that in mind. I don't want to get two rooms at a resort once he's three, so we'll be pretty limited. We're going to enjoy the heck out of it!
I debated whether to stay at CBR or POR. In my opinion, they are the two most beautiful mods.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #90
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

I know I said I'd be updating more,and now I haven't. There's a reason for that, and I'll get to it. Let me catch you up with what's been happening around here quickly. Even this won't be a full update, I'll admit, as I don't have pictures of my purchases yet. Coming soon. For those of you who are FB friends, a lot of this will be old news. And for those of you who aren't my FB friends...well, why the heck not!?!

Way back a couple of weekends ago, I did go shopping and bought lots of things. On that trip, I had my first Dismeet ever, and it was totally unintentional! I saw Heather (hlrababy) getting in the elevator with Sawyer and me at the mall while my girls and their dad rode the escalator upstairs. She was maybe a little creeped out that I stared her down. I was SURE it was her, and I'm not sure where I got the nerve, but I ran over to her and asked if she was a Diser! How cool is that!?!

Like I said, I haven't taken photos of those purchases yet, but I promise promise promise that's coming in the next couple of days. Likewise, I purchased six pairs of Crocs for $60 for the kids on sale the other day and I can't wait to post pictures of those, too!

Next cool thing? I paid off the package portion of the trip! That makes it official, right?

As I told you, Julia started first grade this past Wednesday. Our school system is on a "modified year-round" system that gives us tons of breaks throughout the school year and a little over two months off during summers. One of those lovely breaks, fall break, is why we're going to Disney on the dates we've chosen. We love this set-up, because just when you're feeling like you could use a break, you get one! (Plus, it makes for a great time to travel when everyone else is in school .)

Here she is on her way out the door on her first day!

Doesn't she look so proud!? She was totally rockin' her new glasses (she's doomed to extreme near-sightedness like both her parents), Pinkalicious backpack, Spongebob lunch box, and Nikes that "make her as fast as those people in the Olympics!" She has not one single person in her class from last year, and she hasn't really found anyone she likes as much as her old friends, so she's been finding her other friends at recess, lunch, and in the car-rider area in the afternoons. I'm hoping she starts to find someone interesting when they begin changing classes for math and reading next week. This week they're doing all the leveling testing, but I'd be willing to bet she'll end up with many of her old friends for a majority of the day.

On Friday, I decided that I needed and wanted a haircut. It is RARE that I ever cut my hair. I just end up throwing it up in a ponytail and forgetting about it. I just got to thinking that it was so pointless that I had such long hair when I never have time or motivation to fix it, and that someone would probably better appreciate this hair than me. So? I went and chopped off eleven inches to donate to Locks of Love! Even better, my hair is so very thick that I had enough to donate two ponytails' worth! One wig for a child needs between 6-8 ponytail donations, so I was happy to donate quite a bit!

And for those who followed my last TR, you're not going to believe this...or maybe you are.
In the middle of the night Friday, Brynn woke up with a stomach virus...and then Julia...and then Sawyer. OH MY GRACIOUS GOODNESS. Seriously? What is it with this family? We rarely get sick, but when we do, we do it all together! Luckily, Brandon and I got by with slight nausea and Julia kicked it within hours, but the other two are just now getting better today. They still don't have appetites, but I think we're on the mend now. I'm just hoping this is our once-a-year illness so that we can skip this whole thing at Disney in a few weeks.

(A FEW WEEKS! SQUEEEEE!!!)

Tonight's our first night of ballet and tap for the year, and you know pictures of that are coming!

Be on the lookout for my purchases and more trip plans now that things are *hopefully* settling down and smelling less like Lysol around here.

38 DAYS!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: