Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #46
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Fantasyland Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning
Posts: 1,589

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxkris View Post
ADRs sound great!! We're also trying Ohana, since we're Hawaiian obsessed! I just can't wait to go to the Poly and check out the grounds and everything!! We're also trying CRT! We'll be at CRT on the first night, the 15th, and then Ohana on Monday, the 17th!!
Great minds think alike! Are you going to be around MK on the 15th? We might be able to meet up!
__________________
Jennifer and Brandon, 2 Princesses and a PrinceSept. '09 (Pop), April/May '10 (Pop/CBR), Sept. '11 (Pop), Sept. '12 (CBR/Poly!), Sept. '13 (ASMo), Sept. '14 (POR/Beach Club)
TRIP VIDEO 2013! & TRIP VIDEO 2013-Mobile Friendly Version NEW VIDEOS!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:03 PM   #47
jojosmom23
Earning My Ears
 
jojosmom23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: milltown nj
Posts: 44

joining in on your thread. Enjoying your post already. We will be in the world sept 20-30! will be eating at poly on the 20th and 21st who knows we may run into each other! Good thoughts for some good doctor results for your beautiful daughter
__________________
surprise trip to celebrate all 3 boys birthdays


jojosmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-30-2012, 05:20 AM   #48
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran
 
Stringbean&Wingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,989

Your ADR's sound great!!! Yay for getting the CRT reservation!!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:40 AM   #49
tabrizia
Mouseketeer
 
tabrizia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Columbia, MD
Posts: 404

Joining the thread. Yay for restaurants. We love Chef Mickey's I have a request for going 2 or 3 times our next trip, from DH (though the kids like it too). I may have to do H&V for the characters too, since I will have two in the right range for it (possibly three depending on DS1's interests at 6).

I hope you get answers for the medical stuff. I didn't find DS' MRI too scary of course that could have been because he was in PICU at the time so a MRI was one of the least frightening things going on. When he needs another one, which I think they want, I know they want another CAT scan, in a few months it will probably be more scary. Good luck on the results, I hope you get the information you need.
__________________

1983, 1992, 1993, 1994, & 2001 (offsite); DL 2005; 2006 (AKL); 2007 (POP); 2009 (POP and offsite);
Upcoming Trips: November/December 2013 or January/February 2014 (POP or POR Riverside (?)); .

18+ months to drive DH crazy about Disney planning

Desmond's CaringBridge Page

Me (34): DH (35): DS (04/07): DD (03/09): DS (03/11):
tabrizia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #50
mxkris
Mouseketeer
 
mxkris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Posts: 265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
Great minds think alike! Are you going to be around MK on the 15th? We might be able to meet up!
Yep!!! We're leaving around 4-5 in the morning and should arrive HOPEFULLY around 12-1 at CBR!! I'm hoping everyone will be as enthusiastic as me and wanna head straight to MK!! Our CRT ADR is that night so we gotta get over there sometime before 8:00!!

I'd love to meet up sometime on the trip either at CBR or at a park!!
__________________
Me and DBF

Wilderness Lodge -1994 Fort Wilderness Cabin - May 2004 - HS Graduation Offsite - September 2010 CBR - September 2012 CBR - September 2013 runDisney Enchanted 10k - February 2014 OKW runDisney Tot Ten Miler! - October 2014 POP
mxkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #51
katt789
DIS Veteran
 
katt789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 5,122

Great list of ADR'S there! The only character meal I have that you guys don't is Tusker House! Haha, great minds think alike! Those pics are adorable, gotta love it. I'm excited to read more!
__________________
In Progress Trip ReportsSept 2013/// Dec 2013

Instagram:Katt789
Twitter: KattWy




katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #52
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Fantasyland Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning
Posts: 1,589

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojosmom23 View Post
joining in on your thread. Enjoying your post already. We will be in the world sept 20-30! will be eating at poly on the 20th and 21st who knows we may run into each other! Good thoughts for some good doctor results for your beautiful daughter
Thank you! It would be very cool to run into another Disser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Your ADR's sound great!!! Yay for getting the CRT reservation!!!
I freak out every year about CRT, and there's only one visit that I didn't get an ADR, which was our first trip and I didn't know about it until close to time. I think I hold onto that fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
Joining the thread. Yay for restaurants. We love Chef Mickey's I have a request for going 2 or 3 times our next trip, from DH (though the kids like it too). I may have to do H&V for the characters too, since I will have two in the right range for it (possibly three depending on DS1's interests at 6).

I hope you get answers for the medical stuff. I didn't find DS' MRI too scary of course that could have been because he was in PICU at the time so a MRI was one of the least frightening things going on. When he needs another one, which I think they want, I know they want another CAT scan, in a few months it will probably be more scary. Good luck on the results, I hope you get the information you need.
Chef Mickey's is awesome! Like I said, we will eat just about anything, but I thoroughly enjoyed the food there and LOVED the characters, of course!
Medical stuff in general is scary. I don't think the actual MRI scared me, but I think I wasn't prepared for how fast the sedation would happen. She was sitting up and fussing about the medicine burning when it went into her IV, and less than ten second later she went limp and was out. I knew it was going to be fast, but not that fast! Plus, she's a kid who never stops moving, so seeing her so still threw me for a loop. Best of luck to you and your little guy, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxkris View Post
Yep!!! We're leaving around 4-5 in the morning and should arrive HOPEFULLY around 12-1 at CBR!! I'm hoping everyone will be as enthusiastic as me and wanna head straight to MK!! Our CRT ADR is that night so we gotta get over there sometime before 8:00!!

I'd love to meet up sometime on the trip either at CBR or at a park!!
Sounds great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Great list of ADR'S there! The only character meal I have that you guys don't is Tusker House! Haha, great minds think alike! Those pics are adorable, gotta love it. I'm excited to read more!
I want to try Tusker House so badly! I've read so many great reviews on it lately. It's all I can do not to make yet another ADR!

__________________
Jennifer and Brandon, 2 Princesses and a PrinceSept. '09 (Pop), April/May '10 (Pop/CBR), Sept. '11 (Pop), Sept. '12 (CBR/Poly!), Sept. '13 (ASMo), Sept. '14 (POR/Beach Club)
TRIP VIDEO 2013! & TRIP VIDEO 2013-Mobile Friendly Version NEW VIDEOS!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #53
katylady
Earning My Ears
 
katylady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicagoland area
Posts: 69

Smile

Hopping over from your trip report. I'm looking forward to hearing about this trip of yours. Thats awesome that youll be at the Poly! We hope that one day theyll open DVC there so we can add on points (not too soon, though, so we can afford it!) Your ADRs sound good to me! We will be trying Garden Grill And Crystal Palace for the first time this coming trip. We'll also be doing Chef Mickey. I just hope my daughter has gotten over her fear of the characters! No princesses for us this time. Maybe the trip after that. My husband also keeps vetoing Sci-fi. Did you make any ADRs for the second part of your trip?

Hope you get good news for Brynn. The waiting is the worst.

Katy
katylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #54
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Fantasyland Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning
Posts: 1,589

Quote:
Originally Posted by katylady View Post
Hopping over from your trip report. I'm looking forward to hearing about this trip of yours. Thats awesome that youll be at the Poly! We hope that one day theyll open DVC there so we can add on points (not too soon, though, so we can afford it!) Your ADRs sound good to me! We will be trying Garden Grill And Crystal Palace for the first time this coming trip. We'll also be doing Chef Mickey. I just hope my daughter has gotten over her fear of the characters! No princesses for us this time. Maybe the trip after that. My husband also keeps vetoing Sci-fi. Did you make any ADRs for the second part of your trip?

Hope you get good news for Brynn. The waiting is the worst.

Katy
So glad you're here! I am hoping none of my children suddenly develop character fear--they've always loved them in the past, but that doesn't mean a new fear won't emerge! I'm not sure what we'd do about dining in that case! The girls love the princesses, and really so does Sawyer (especially "Cimbawella"). I did take out one princess meal, though, because the other characters are much more important to them. I hope your husband comes around about Sci-Fi; the reuben and milkshakes are sooooo delicious!
Nope, we have no ADRs after Wednesday. The one we had on Thursday (San Angel Inn) was cancelled when we changed around our resort packages. Not only that, but we aren't completely sure what our plans will be at the end of the week, since we will have been to every park at least once by then. We don't have park hopper tickets, so if our plans changed we would end up cancelling the ADRs anyway. Who knows where we'll end up!?

__________________
Jennifer and Brandon, 2 Princesses and a PrinceSept. '09 (Pop), April/May '10 (Pop/CBR), Sept. '11 (Pop), Sept. '12 (CBR/Poly!), Sept. '13 (ASMo), Sept. '14 (POR/Beach Club)
TRIP VIDEO 2013! & TRIP VIDEO 2013-Mobile Friendly Version NEW VIDEOS!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #55
KTgE
Mouseketeer
 
KTgE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post


OH MY GOSH. I just saw that you're from Dallas! We're in Canton!
I'm finally back from a crazy last two months and hopping over from your last TR but I wanted to pipe in that I'm in ROME. Not far from either of you.

Finished your TR and caught up on this PTR. Hooray, for no special dining requests this go around. I know you are probably ecstatic to have that off your plate. Literally. I'm excited for Brynn that she get's to have some new dining experiences even at places that are old favorites to y'all. By the way, love your ADRs.
KTgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #56
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Fantasyland Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning
Posts: 1,589

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTgE View Post
I'm finally back from a crazy last two months and hopping over from your last TR but I wanted to pipe in that I'm in ROME. Not far from either of you.

Finished your TR and caught up on this PTR. Hooray, for no special dining requests this go around. I know you are probably ecstatic to have that off your plate. Literally. I'm excited for Brynn that she get's to have some new dining experiences even at places that are old favorites to y'all. By the way, love your ADRs.
GIRRRRLLL! We moved to Canton from...ADAIRSVILLE! Like seriously close to 53. I could SPIT to Rome from there! It was right on the Floyd County line! IT'S A SMALL, SMALL WORLD!!!
Anyway, now that I'm regaining my composure, THANKS, and I am so glad you're here!

__________________
Jennifer and Brandon, 2 Princesses and a PrinceSept. '09 (Pop), April/May '10 (Pop/CBR), Sept. '11 (Pop), Sept. '12 (CBR/Poly!), Sept. '13 (ASMo), Sept. '14 (POR/Beach Club)
TRIP VIDEO 2013! & TRIP VIDEO 2013-Mobile Friendly Version NEW VIDEOS!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #57
KTgE
Mouseketeer
 
KTgE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 83

Bahaha...nice! And I'm quite familiar with Adairsville...we know people that live there. We both grew up in Gwinnett and we didn't meet till college. We both went to Berry and somehow ended up staying in Rome. Which if you had asked me that in college I would have laughed. BUT Rome is a great place to live and raise a family in...the longer we stay the more I never want to leave. And my parents are still in Gwinnett...so every time we go back I'm like I don't miss this. Well, maybe shopping at the Mall of GA because let's face it Mount Berry Square Mall is NOTHING to write home about.

Are you from up this way originally? Or are you are transplant?

And yes, it's a very, very SMALL WORLD!
KTgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #58
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Fantasyland Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning
Posts: 1,589

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTgE View Post
Bahaha...nice! And I'm quite familiar with Adairsville...we know people that live there. We both grew up in Gwinnett and we didn't meet till college. We both went to Berry and somehow ended up staying in Rome. Which if you had asked me that in college I would have laughed. BUT Rome is a great place to live and raise a family in...the longer we stay the more I never want to leave. And my parents are still in Gwinnett...so every time we go back I'm like I don't miss this. Well, maybe shopping at the Mall of GA because let's face it Mount Berry Square Mall is NOTHING to write home about.

Are you from up this way originally? Or are you are transplant?

And yes, it's a very, very SMALL WORLD!
I'm originally from Dalton (well, Rocky Face, but nobody's heard of that), and Brandon is from Woodstock. Ah, Mount Berry Square! That's the mall that's never crowded where we took a baby Julia to ride the carousel! Memories!
Do you know where Oak Grove Subdivision is in Adairsville? I think it was off 140? I know there was an abandoned gas station next to the turn-off. We bought a house there when the housing prices were at their highest because we could get a lot of house for not much money. Brandon commuted to work every day, which was horrible. I did my student teaching at Adairsville Elementary and I was a fifth grade teacher at Clear Creek in Cartersville until I quit teaching to be a stay-at-home mom. When Brynn was born, we decided we would move closer to Brandon's work and family, and since we had a newer house with an amazing basement, we were able to sell it for what we wanted and move here. Adairsville was not for us, but Rome would have been more our style. I have friends who went to Berry who stayed in town. Brandon's sister went to Berry, too! SUCH a small world!
Okay, now that I've written a book, I think I'll go to bed!

__________________
Jennifer and Brandon, 2 Princesses and a PrinceSept. '09 (Pop), April/May '10 (Pop/CBR), Sept. '11 (Pop), Sept. '12 (CBR/Poly!), Sept. '13 (ASMo), Sept. '14 (POR/Beach Club)
TRIP VIDEO 2013! & TRIP VIDEO 2013-Mobile Friendly Version NEW VIDEOS!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #59
mxkris
Mouseketeer
 
mxkris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Posts: 265

It is a Small World! Wow!!
__________________
Me and DBF

Wilderness Lodge -1994 Fort Wilderness Cabin - May 2004 - HS Graduation Offsite - September 2010 CBR - September 2012 CBR - September 2013 runDisney Enchanted 10k - February 2014 OKW runDisney Tot Ten Miler! - October 2014 POP
mxkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #60
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Fantasyland Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning
Posts: 1,589

So, quite a bit has been happening around here in the last week or so. It's been kind of crazy in a good kind of way! This update will be about things that have happened and things we've done this week for the trip.

First things first. I want to thank so many of you for thinking about Brynn and praying for her when she went for her MRI and EEG. Luckily, they both showed nothing of concern and nothing epileptic! However, our neurologist thinks that her SPD goes even further and believes she has Asperger's. Believe it or not, this is spectacular news for us! When she "just" had the SPD diagnosis, there were worries that the school system would be able to deny her many of the services she needs because her cognitive functioning is so very high, but now that we know it's more than that, there's really no way she can be denied interventions, accommodations, and therapies. We are even hoping they might offer to begin services this year in a preschool setting. We'll see!

On Saturday, our little baby Sawyer turned 2! Can you believe that!?! I know I can't! Here are a couple of shots from his birthday party, which was Yo Gabba Gabba themed. If you don't know what Yo Gabba Gabba is...well...I'm guessing that you haven't lost as much sanity as I have! Really, though, it is a show that's full of music and odd creatures and features some really great indie bands. All my kids love it and love to dance to it. As far as kids' programming goes, it's a little out there, but I think it's less annoying than most.



As you can see, he's getting hair and will need his first haircut soon! Luckily, his awesome Mommy has made an appointment for him at the Harmony Barber Shop on Friday, September 21!

Out of the blue tonight, the girls announced that they wanted to do Pirates League. Uhm...hello...how do you even KNOW about Pirate's League??? We've barely spent any time in Adventureland, you Princess-obsessed-pretties! Turns out that the Disney Planning DVD includes pretty much an infomercial on the place. Brynn insists she wants to be a mermaid and Julia wants to be an empress. They even said they'd choose this over BBB! Honestly, that makes me pretty happy. It is cheaper. And it also does not involve strange hairstyles.

Soooooo, I ran to the phone and called. Did you know that they give an entire pirate spiel when you call!?! So cute! Or so fierce? Either way, it was neat. I waited for about five minutes for someone to answer. Out of all the millions of days we will be at MK this trip, there was only one time slot open. ONE. Anyone care to guess when that is???

I won't keep you in suspense. It's 9:15 on Saturday, September 15.
YEP. You read that right. The very first thing we will be doing on our very first day in the parks is going to Pirates League! That's either going to be spectacular or horrible. Well, I spilled the beans to the girls, and they are both extremely excited. Plus, it has the added benefit of breaking up the already-occurring fight over what we'll be doing first. Brynn's been insisting on IASW (did you see that one coming?) and Julia's wanting to get back on Barnstormer first. Now that battle is over. One down, a billion to go.

On the shopping front, I've purchased a shirt for our AK day for myself, and Sawyer got an outfit for his birthday that he'll wear one of the days. I'm in the process of finding out what fits from last year so I'll know what I need to buy because, let's face it, shopping is the super fun part of planning. Pictures later.

In other have-we-lost-our-ever-lovin'-minds news, we bought a video camera. And you know what? I didn't even put up a fight about it! I only recently watched clips we took on our point-and-shoot camera last trip, and they were horrible. The picture quality and sound quality were pretty much unwatchable. Brandon saw the weakness in my eyes and pounced. The next day we were the proud owners of a Canon Vixio Something or Other? I don't know. It's a camera. Our anniversary was on Monday, so I was able to let him know that it counts as his anniversary gift. And also Christmas. And most likely the next three birthdays. I am festive like that.
Brandon's spent the last few days trying to learn as much as he can about all things video, and he swears we are going to have a famous vacation video when we return. MARK HIS WORDS. I really, really hope so. I hope to be able to share that with you. I hope this camera was worth it. I hope I don't go insane if he makes me watch another tutorial.

That's it for now! I'm sure I'll be on here more often now that our trip is only TWO MONTHS AWAY!!!
__________________
Jennifer and Brandon, 2 Princesses and a PrinceSept. '09 (Pop), April/May '10 (Pop/CBR), Sept. '11 (Pop), Sept. '12 (CBR/Poly!), Sept. '13 (ASMo), Sept. '14 (POR/Beach Club)
TRIP VIDEO 2013! & TRIP VIDEO 2013-Mobile Friendly Version NEW VIDEOS!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.