Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #61
Toadswildride
Earning My Ears

What do you think will be the first day of Mickey's Halloween Party? The site says Halloween begins September 14th and Disney World has their first party on the 11th.
Toadswildride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #62
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadswildride View Post
What do you think will be the first day of Mickey's Halloween Party? The site says Halloween begins September 14th and Disney World has their first party on the 11th.
Disney World does things a bit differently than Disneyland.

Halloween Time - the season - begins at Disneyland Resort on Friday, September 14th and ends on Wednesday, October 31.

Mickey's Halloween Party will likely begin on Friday, September 28th - that is almost a sure thing. The final party will be on 10/31. The party will probably be held on most Tuesdays and Fridays in between 9/28 and 10/31, except that they may switch one of the Tuesday parties for a different night, or they may cut off a night somewhere in there.

This is the check-in thread for people to give their specific party dates and costumes when they get everything figured out, but there is a separate October check-in thread on this board (for people to give their October trip dates in case they want to meet up with others), and there is a year-round, ongoing Halloween Time Superthread, with all kinds of info on the entire season.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #63
Here4mydisneyfix
Andrew Sutton, you genious man, you! She will remember the Rose forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Lynn -

That's an excellent point! I'm glad you brought that up about wearing the costumes into DCA (or into whichever park is not having the MHP), just in case anyone has an idea to go to the party, hop over to DCA while the MHP is happening, and then go back to the party!

Here4mydisneyfix -

It's up to the individual what he/she wants to do, of course, but I would not personally recommend buying separate tickets to Mickey's Halloween Party and then hopping over to DCA during party hours, and then hopping back to the party. I would do one or the other - either stay in California Adventure or do the party. Otherwise, to me, it seems like a waste of money for the tickets, and a waste of time. The party tickets are probably going to be anywhere from $49-$65 each, give or take a few dollars and depending on if you use an AP/DVC/Disney Visa discount or buy them without a discount.

Everyone kind of moves at their own pace at the MHP, and last year we pretty much only had time to hit all the treat trails (and all the treat stations along those trails) around Disneyland, and then watch the Halloween Screams fireworks, with a short break to sit down and drink a Coke. Granted, we did leave one hour before the party ended because we needed to make a stop on the way home. But if we had stayed that extra hour at the party we would have spent it maybe taking photos with the characters at the special PhotoPass locations. And then there is the character cavalcade as well.

So, basically, if you buy an MHP ticket with the intention of trick or treating at the various trails/stations, watching the Halloween Scream fireworks, stopping at the different photo spots, watching the cavalcade, shopping for party exclusive merchandise and/or eating, riding some rides with shorter lines, etc., your time should be pretty full. To go over to DCA would only take away time from all of the party-specific things.
Thanks Sherry!! I don't see myself wanting to leave the party at all, however, my husband, on the otherhand, will have to be kind of cajoled into going to the party. He kind of feels it's for kids (eyeroll). He love me lots though, AND it will be my Birthday, so I am certain he will humor me and let us go! lol Just to keep him feeling the happiness and magic though, I may plan to have us leave during the party for just an hour or so, and head over to screamin or something he really loves! I also know that we probably won't do too much trick or treating, maybe just a bit. I am so looking forward to seeing the parade and villians and extra special stuff you can;t see otherwise!! :D We gotta do what we gotta do to get to experience the special stuff, no? hehe
Here4mydisneyfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #64
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here4mydisneyfix View Post
Thanks Sherry!! I don't see myself wanting to leave the party at all, however, my husband, on the otherhand, will have to be kind of cajoled into going to the party. He kind of feels it's for kids (eyeroll). He love me lots though, AND it will be my Birthday, so I am certain he will humor me and let us go! lol Just to keep him feeling the happiness and magic though, I may plan to have us leave during the party for just an hour or so, and head over to screamin or something he really loves! I also know that we probably won't do too much trick or treating, maybe just a bit. I am so looking forward to seeing the parade and villians and extra special stuff you can;t see otherwise!! :D We gotta do what we gotta do to get to experience the special stuff, no? hehe
Very true! Fortunately, the majority of the rides in Disneyland are open during the party - so if your husband loves riding anything in particular there, he may encounter shorter lines for those than he would during non-party hours. But it's good to have the California Adventure option, just in case.

I don't have kids, and I thoroughly enjoy the Halloween Party! However, unless Disney starts adding in some new things to the party, since it's an extra expense, I don't think it's something that I need to do every single year. I think I can skip a year here and there. It's primarily Halloween Time that is my thing - as long as I can enjoy all that the season has to offer at Disneyland (minus the party), I'm okay with skipping the party every now and then if it looks like the same thing as the previous year.

I do plan on going this year, though!

I think you guys will have fun, and your husband will hopefully enjoy the party more than he thinks he will!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #65
Here4mydisneyfix
Andrew Sutton, you genious man, you! She will remember the Rose forever...

Oh yes!!! Halloween time in general looks AMAZING! I cannot wait!! :D
Here4mydisneyfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #66
hearic
Earning My Ears

Cool Halloween 2012

Cant wait for Halloween tickets to go on sale! Hoping to be there for the October 5th party!
hearic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:03 AM   #67
Kangarucci
Mouseketeer

Are there definately going to be Halloween Parties at Disneyland this year?

Alaska Wonder DisneyCruise2014 Disneyland2014 Bahamas Dream DisneyCruise 2013 Hong Kong Disneyland 2013
B2B Eastern/Western Caribbean Fantasy DisneyCruise 2012 Disneyworld 2012 Disneyland 2012
Westbound Transatlantic DisneyCruise 2010 Disneyland Paris 2010
Western Caribbean DisneyCruise 2007Disneyworld 2007
Disneyland 2005
Disneyland 2004
Disneyworld 1994
Disneyland 1989
Kangarucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:16 PM   #68
nbliss
Mouseketeer

Given how they are more and more popular each year, I can't imagine they would do away with them.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #69
JadeDarkstar
Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom

question, do you think the oct 2ed party will sell out before sep?
JadeDarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #70
Leash
DIS Veteran

DH and I are making a quick stop at DL before we head out on a short cruise. So we will be at DL October 26 & 27 and plan on doing the party on the 26th. Some friends from Glendale are going to meet us for the party and maybe for the day on the 27th. We don't what/if we may dress up as but want it to be simple and comfy for rides. I'm getting really excited and can't wait for some info to be released!
Past trips: Many times as a child; '99 DL(DLH); '01 DL(PP); '02 DL(Park Vue Inn); '03 DL(Tropicana Inn), DL(Candy Cane Inn); '04 DL(Candy Cane Inn), DL(HoJo), DL(Candy Cane Inn); '05 DL(HoJo), DL(GCH), DL(Red Roof Inn); '06 DL(Candy Cane Inn), DL (HoJo), DL(GCH), WDW(WL); '07 DL(HoJo); '08 DL(Candy Cane Inn);'10 WDW(AKL);'11 DL(Candy Cane Inn)

Leash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:15 AM   #71
iKristin

DIS Veteran

Sorry all, on vacation this week so I've been real distracted Will update the list on Sunday! HALLOWEEN TIME DANCE!! Where's those dang dates!?

iKristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #72
Genopeid
Earning My Ears

Location: “Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning. ”

Halloween YAY!

We will be there 9/28-10/5 as Pirates including a tiny Capt Barbosa!
Genopeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:33 AM   #73
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Trick or teating at Disneyland....................my word, what is more fun than that??? It's the reason we are coming all the way from Australia!!!

So, it's October 31st for us!!! DD will be Pocahontas and I am having a shirt made that say's "I'm with Pocahontas"!!!

I can't tell you just how excited we are as we do not celebrate Halloween here, so it will be so special for us to experience all the Halloween decorations, trick or treating, and to do it at Disneyland.......................heaven
Old 06-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #74
deanimal
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone
We'll be visiting DL for the first time from Sept 30-Oct 3 (Sat-Wed). I'm just curious as to why its assumed that the Halloween party will be on Tuesday night. Touring Plans predicts the Halloween party for Monday Oct 1, and if you look at their archives the party was on the first Monday of Oct in both 2011 and 2010. Does any one know why they've done Monday the first week? Its not a long weekend or anything. Any predictions on this year?
deanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #75
Andromeda9mm
Mouseketeer

We'll be there!

Greer Family from Utah
Oct 7 - 12

Not sure if we'll dress up, though.

Thanks!

Meredith in Utah

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: