Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #46
Here4mydisneyfix
Andrew Sutton, you genious man, you! She will remember the Rose forever...

Hey everyone! We are going to be there September 26rd-October 3rd. I am thinking of going to the Halloween party on Sep 28th, but I was wondering if it will be fun at all for just a married couple (we are leaving the kids home this time! YES! lol)? Also, is DCA open during the party or just DLR?? Thanks!!
Old 06-19-2012, 03:11 PM   #47
All American
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here4mydisneyfix View Post
Hey everyone! We are going to be there September 26rd-October 3rd. I am thinking of going to the Halloween party on Sep 28th, but I was wondering if it will be fun at all for just a married couple (we are leaving the kids home this time! YES! lol)? Also, is DCA open during the party or just DLR?? Thanks!!
Oh my gosh, yes!

In 2010 we did a Tuesday night party with our two girls in tow. I wanted to see how the weekday party compared to the weekend party in terms of crowds, so my husband and I had a date night for the following Friday. We had a blast both times!

When it was just the two of us, it was easier to meander through the party-goers. We could people/costume watch. It was nice not having to worry about the girls but just have Disney fun together. In fact, we saw lots of groups of adults. Go and have a great time!

DH Me DD DD
All American is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #48
Here4mydisneyfix

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American View Post
Oh my gosh, yes!

In 2010 we did a Tuesday night party with our two girls in tow. I wanted to see how the weekday party compared to the weekend party in terms of crowds, so my husband and I had a date night for the following Friday. We had a blast both times!

When it was just the two of us, it was easier to meander through the party-goers. We could people/costume watch. It was nice not having to worry about the girls but just have Disney fun together. In fact, we saw lots of groups of adults. Go and have a great time!

Ooooh that sounds great!! I am so excited! Thanks for sharing!! Do you happen to remember if DCA was also open during the party? Wondering if we will be able to hop back and forth if we want to during??
Old 06-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #49
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

Quote:
Ooooh that sounds great!! I am so excited! Thanks for sharing!! Do you happen to remember if DCA was also open during the party? Wondering if we will be able to hop back and forth if we want to during??
If you want to go to DCA, you would need a separate park ticket. The Halloween Party ticket will only gain you access to the park where the HP is (most likely in DL). Keep in mind that people visiting during that time that do not have tickets to the HP, will all be in DCA.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #50
davmill
Mouseketeer

Last week of October. Will be dressed as.... Elvis and his entourage.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #51
Here4mydisneyfix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girimama33 View Post
If you want to go to DCA, you would need a separate park ticket. The Halloween Party ticket will only gain you access to the park where the HP is (most likely in DL). Keep in mind that people visiting during that time that do not have tickets to the HP, will all be in DCA.
Ahhh I see, thanks for clarifying that. We will have our parkhoppers, in addition to the Halloween party tickets, so I guess we will be able to hop over to DCA then too if we want....sounds like it might be really crowded there though during the Halloween party! yikes! Glad to hear that it IS open if we feel so inclined to go though! Thanks so much! Starting to get excited!!! :D
Old 06-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #52
JacksGirlz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by revwog1974 View Post
Hi JacksGirls! We'll be there the 12th too and we're in Salem. When are you going down?
We're are leaving after school on Tuesday, October 9th and coming home on Sunday, the 14th. Hoping to get in the Halloween Party, World of Color, Mad Tea Party and Fantasmic each of the 4 nights we're in the parks. Found some good fares with Jet Blue and couldn't resist.

May 2006- Wilderness Lodge-1st trip to WDW, December 2006- Pop Century, October 2007- SSR and MNSSHP, November 2007- 1st Disney Cruise , January 2008 - SSR, Boardwalk, October 2008 - Pop Century and MNSSHP, March 2009 - Pop Century, May 2009 - VWL, December 2010-Pop Century and 1st MVMCP, March 2011- Disney Dream and SSR, January 2012 - Disney Wonder, March 2012 - Disney Magic and POR Royal Guest Room, March 2013 - Disney Fantasy and AofA Resort Little Mermaid Room, June 2013 - ABD Germany, Once Upon a Fairytale, July 2013 - ABD - Ireland, the Emerald Isle, August 2013 - Disney Wonder, July 2014 - DIS Exclusive Backstage Magic ABD
JacksGirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #53
chrissiecutie
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

We are going too!!

Put us down for 3 people going Oct. 1-4th, with party (hopefully) on Oct 2nd!

No idea on costumes yet, I doubt I could get DH to go for that.

Son's 1st Disneyland Trip 8/14-8/23/2008
DH Got a Job Celebratory Trip 5/29-6/2/2010
Surprise Birthday Trip for DS 2/26-3/5/2011
Halloween Trip 10/1/2012-10/4/2012

25+ Year Disneyland Vet
1st trip in 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2011
chrissiecutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #54
Argento
Mouseketeer

We'll be there 14th-19th and will pick up tickets for the party on the 16th once announced.

Will update costumes and what not once those deets have been finalized.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:26 PM   #55
awesson
Earning My Ears

We are a group of 8. 4 Adults and 4 kids. Not sure on the costumes yet....
Hoping to go to the party on Halloween night!
awesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:19 AM   #56
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Ahhh I see, thanks for clarifying that. We will have our parkhoppers, in addition to the Halloween party tickets, so I guess we will be able to hop over to DCA then too if we want....sounds like it might be really crowded there though during the Halloween party! yikes! Glad to hear that it IS open if we feel so inclined to go though! Thanks so much! Starting to get excited!!! :D
just an FYI...DCA wont let you in if you are in costume...adults are not allowed in any park in costume on a regular basis ..only during the halloween party and at whichever park they decide to do it at this year...Im assuming it will be DL...but who know so if you are just going normal then there wouldnt be a problem but better to know now than later
Old 06-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #57
TheZue
DIS Veteran

We are planning on going to the Sept 28th party. I got my boys costumes ordered this morning My youngest will be Jake:

http://www.disneystore.com/boys-cost...00762+1007603/

And my oldest is getting this:

http://www.disneystore.com/boys-cost...00762+1007603/

World didn't end, I'm going back!

Past Disneyland visits: 1983, 1995, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2012
How the heck do I not have a tag yet???
TheZue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:58 AM   #58
Here4mydisneyfix

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneegrl4eva View Post
just an FYI...DCA wont let you in if you are in costume...adults are not allowed in any park in costume on a regular basis ..only during the halloween party and at whichever park they decide to do it at this year...Im assuming it will be DL...but who know so if you are just going normal then there wouldnt be a problem but better to know now than later

This is really good to know! Thanks so much!! That just made my mind up about wearing costumes to it! I guess we'll do hats! :D So we'll be there September 28th with Disney hats on! Hubs is on board, yippee! SO FUN! :D
Old 06-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #59
StJared
Earning My Ears

The family (Wife, Daughter 7, Son 5, Son 4) will be in Disneyland on October 21, through October 28.
We hope to attend the October 23 Halloween Party.
We have already made the costumes, and we are going as a Scottish Highland Family (Daughters dress looks like Merida's, boys in Kilts, etc...) My costume was easy, since I play the bagpipes, and play in a Pipe Band, I'll just be wearing one of my regular Kilts and usual attire. We'll be doing a "Brave" theme.
It should be a lot of fun, and the kids are all excited. We're big Disney fans, have been to all the parks (Excluding Paris), but this will be our first Halloween Party. It's always a fun to experience a new adventure.
Any tips for new Halloween Party attendees?
StJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #60
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneegrl4eva View Post
Lynn -

That's an excellent point! I'm glad you brought that up about wearing the costumes into DCA (or into whichever park is not having the MHP), just in case anyone has an idea to go to the party, hop over to DCA while the MHP is happening, and then go back to the party!

Here4mydisneyfix -

It's up to the individual what he/she wants to do, of course, but I would not personally recommend buying separate tickets to Mickey's Halloween Party and then hopping over to DCA during party hours, and then hopping back to the party. I would do one or the other - either stay in California Adventure or do the party. Otherwise, to me, it seems like a waste of money for the tickets, and a waste of time. The party tickets are probably going to be anywhere from $49-$65 each, give or take a few dollars and depending on if you use an AP/DVC/Disney Visa discount or buy them without a discount.

Everyone kind of moves at their own pace at the MHP, and last year we pretty much only had time to hit all the treat trails (and all the treat stations along those trails) around Disneyland, and then watch the Halloween Screams fireworks, with a short break to sit down and drink a Coke. Granted, we did leave one hour before the party ended because we needed to make a stop on the way home. But if we had stayed that extra hour at the party we would have spent it maybe taking photos with the characters at the special PhotoPass locations. And then there is the character cavalcade as well.

So, basically, if you buy an MHP ticket with the intention of trick or treating at the various trails/stations, watching the Halloween Screams fireworks, stopping at the different photo spots, watching the cavalcade, shopping for party exclusive merchandise and/or eating, riding some rides with shorter lines, etc., your time should be pretty full. To go over to DCA would only take away time from all of the party-specific things.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 06-21-2012 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Typo!
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: