Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #31
MommyLove
The sleep-deprivation is causing low mental bandwidth
Did someone say TURKEY LEG? yum!

FUN!

We'll be there from the 21st-28th, but we for sure want to do the weeknight party, so that's probably Tuesday the 23rd. Our family will all be dressed in Alice in Wonderland costumes!
April '13 (BWPPI), May '13 (BWPPI), July '13 (Stanford I&S), Oct. '13 (BWPPI), Dec. 29, 2013 - Jan. 4, 2014 (BWPPI).
UPCOMING: April 12-19, 2014 (HoJo Kids Suite).
MommyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #32
Sally_fan
DIS Veteran

Going to be in the parks from Oct27-Nov3. We plan/hope to attend the Oct31st Halloween party. Everything is booked, the only reason why that would change is if we couldn't get tix for that day. There are 4 of us. DD (11) & DS (13) are dressing up for sure. DH usually does & I plan to as well but we'll see. No concrete ideas on costumes yet really.

1st trip to DL (with parents)~1987, 2nd trip to DL (with DH & a friend)~ August 1996-Cavalier Inn & Suites, 3rd trip to DL (with DH, DS-8 DD-5)~ May 2007-Candy Cane Inn, 4th trip to DL (with DH, DS-9, DD-7)~ Oct 2008-HoJo, 5th trip to DL (with DH, DS-10, DD-8)~ Sept 2009-HoJo, 6th trip to DL (with DH, DD-8, DS-11, MIL & FIL)~ Apr 2010-Stovall's Inn, 7th trip to DL (with DH, DS-11, DD-9, my parents & a bunch of friends too!)~ Dec 2010-HoJo, 8th trip to DL (with DH, DS-13 & DD-11)~ Oct 2012-HoJo, 9th trip to DL (with Mom & DD, DS<with school band)~ May 2014!!!
Sally_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #33
pasofan
Mouseketeer

We will be there Oct 16-21 and start our trip right with the party Tues the 16th Costumes still TBD.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #34
JacksGirlz
DIS Veteran

We're planning on going to the party on Friday the 12th. Can't wait!

May 2006- Wilderness Lodge-1st trip to WDW, December 2006- Pop Century, October 2007- SSR and MNSSHP, November 2007- 1st Disney Cruise , January 2008 - SSR, Boardwalk, October 2008 - Pop Century and MNSSHP, March 2009 - Pop Century, May 2009 - VWL, December 2010-Pop Century and 1st MVMCP, March 2011- Disney Dream and SSR, January 2012 - Disney Wonder, March 2012 - Disney Magic and POR Royal Guest Room, March 2013 - Disney Fantasy and AofA Resort Little Mermaid Room, June 2013 - ABD Germany, Once Upon a Fairytale, July 2013 - ABD - Ireland, the Emerald Isle, August 2013 - Disney Wonder, July 2014 - DIS Exclusive Backstage Magic ABD
JacksGirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #35
revwog1974
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksGirlz View Post
We're planning on going to the party on Friday the 12th. Can't wait!
Hi JacksGirls! We'll be there the 12th too and we're in Salem. When are you going down?
Old 06-18-2012, 09:43 PM   #36
Laundress
Mouseketeer

Can't wait. We will probably be a party of 14 on October 19th. No costume decisions yet. Staying at DLH.
We have been to MNSSHP, Looking forward to seeing if the party is any different at DL.

Laundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #37
isisisme
Pomme Frites and Mint Julip? yes please!!

DH and I will be there from Oct 29th to Nov 3 and will be going to the Halloween Party on our anniversary, Halloween night itself.
isisisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:19 PM   #38
guynhawaii
Mouseketeer

Friday 28 Sept

Aloha,

Leopard party of four ready to chase ghosts and goblins on Friday, 28 September! Arriving Friday, 21 September and departing 01 October.

Last edited by guynhawaii; 06-19-2012 at 05:27 PM.
guynhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:09 AM   #39
Aussie Princess
Mouseketeer

Hello

just want to check in here as well as a possible party goer.

I am in the parks from 13-21 October cant go to the party on the 16th as im going to Lakers game at Honda Centre hoping to go on 19th (if they have a party that night)
2011 - 4th Visit to DLR - final leg of round the world trip
2012 - 5th Visit - First Ever Sisters Holiday - leaving baby and husband in Aust

Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain here i come!

Disney for life
Aussie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:10 AM   #40
MizzFran17
Earning My Ears

We will be there Oct 2-4 and hoping for a 10/2 party! But DH and I don't dress up, so kiddos only.
MizzFran17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:10 AM   #41
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laundress View Post
Staying at DLH.
We have been to MNSSHP, Looking forward to seeing if the party is any different at DL.

well ours is a little different...its really nice but try not to go in thinking about how wdw's is vs DL's..i know easier said than done...we dont have a full blown parade like MNSSHP..we have a mini cavalcade but we do have trick or treat stations, dance parties, meet n greets with characters and villains...its cool...you will like it...and hey DL has HMH and wdw does NOT!! plus DL has the ROA and fog coming up all over it...hehehe.....
Old 06-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #42
Aust
DIS Veteran

We will be there from 20th Sept to 3rd Oct - if there's a party on Tues 2/10 I think we will go to that as it will be a nice end to our trip. Also would prefer to go to a weeknight party instead of a Friday.
2007 DLR (DLH)
1991 DL Tokyo
Aust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #43
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer

We'll be there from the 13th to the 18th, attending the party on the 16th. Costumes still not yet determined.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #44
iKristin

DIS Veteran

I love the fog on ROA. I think it looks so dang cool

iKristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #45
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American View Post
All American, checking in!

I am traveling with my family and my sister's family. There will be 11 of us. We are hoping to convince my parents and younger brother to fly out for the party too! (That would make 14.) Of course, we'd want my mother-in-law to go with us as well as my oldest brother and his wife. (Hmmm...18 of us so far.) If my 2nd oldest brother could make it, that'd be awesome too. So, let's see -- -- Maybe 18 in my group, but 11 of us for sure! There's a lot of us, but I promise we'll be as polite as our Southern Mama taught us to be.

We're shooting for October 16th. Costumes, TBD.

ETA: Thanks, Kristin and Sherry for all of your work putting these threads together and answering everyone's questions during Halloweentime. I love your enthusiasm and hope its contagious!
You're welcome, All American! Thank you for the kind words!

For me, I put the 2 Superthreads together (Halloween and Christmas) not only because I personally adore those two holidays so much and always have, but because we (the mods and the members of the DIS) get soooo many questions throughout the year about Halloween Time and the holidays. I began to see that it was necessary to keep year-round ongoing Superthreads about these 2 subjects, to tackle all aspects of the seasons and all that the seasons entail. That way there would always be a place that people could go - in any month of the year - for comprehensive information, to ask questions, view photos, access links to more info, etc.

Also, because I tend to go crazy with the detailed pictures during Halloween Time and Christmas time at DLR, it's a great way to use those photos that I take to do fun things like "Countdown Theme Weeks," which focus on certain highlights of the seasons and encourage everyone else to dig up their photos of those same themes and share them!

Kristin has been and continues to be very helpful in the Halloween Superthread (as have Belle Ella/Jessica and funstdisney/Liza), and she is doing a great job with the MHP check-in thread as well!

If DLR ever decided to really go all out for Easter, you'd probably see an Easter Superthread pop up too! (That's probably my 3rd favorite holiday!)

Wow! You're going to DLR for Halloween Time with 11 people? That will be a party all on its own! You're bringing your own party to the party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristie73 View Post
We'll be there Oct 21-23. Only a few days to do a things in both parks. We've never been in October so I'm not familiar with the Halloween Party. Just only some of the stuff I've read about on here. I'll have to think about it. I am looking forward to all the decorations though.

So what is the short and sweet details? A party is sometimes on a Tuesday evening and only available to those that purchased tickets? What does that mean for the park and people that don't buy the party tickets? I doubt we'll have costumes, but some sort of Halloween spirit will be worn.

kristie73 -

The good thing is that even if you don't attend the actual party (Mickey's Halloween Party, or MHP), you will still get to experience all that the Halloween Time season has to offer. The MHP is really only a part of the Halloween season - and some people feel it's worth the money while others do not - but there are plenty of people who enjoy all the Halloween decorations, treats, merchandise, ride overlays, etc., without ever doing the MHP at all, just as there are also people who visit Disneyland in September/October and do not care about the Halloween season in general at all!

So you will have a lot to look forward to even if you decide against the MHP - you'll experience Haunted Mansion Holiday, Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, the Halloween Round-Up (fabulous carved character pumpkins!), the Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) display, the Ray Bradbury Halloween Tree, characters dressed in Halloween costumes, Villains posing for photos, a Duffy photo spot in California Adventure, all kinds of wonderful window displays along Main Street, special seasonal treats (all kinds of pumpkin-flavored goodies), etc., etc.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: