Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #61
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Great update!

Haha, that conversation with the people from Tampa was so funny, how they thought being from Kansas was so weird! When I went to California years ago to visit my friend, her friends all asked me a million questions about living in CT, such as "are your streets made out of cobblestone?" They thought me living there was so strange!

Yay Epcot! Aren't the topiaries cute, I'm glad you got to see some even after the F&G festival was over!

Yum, I love the Fish and Chips in England, they are SO good!

Aww, Belle! She's my favorite princess too, but I'm too nervous to meet her! What did you talk to her about?

Ugh, I hate feeling tired and cranky in Disney World and just being done...you want to be happy and have so much energy and sometimes you just need to call it a night and go to bed! It's depressing, but sometimes it has to be done!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 07-11-2012, 01:07 AM   #62
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Mm, that fish looks so good! We like the fish at Columbia Harbour House. I've never had the one in the UK. I'm curious to know just how different it is. I'm guessing CHH is more "fast food-y"? Have you ever had it to compare?

Yum, that cookie looks delicious too! That looks more like something I would get. Even though the caramel squares and cupcakes look good when others get them, I know I wouldn't enjoy it that much. I still like good ol' cookie!

I will never try Mission Space - Orange because I know I will get sick since I still sometimes feel gross riding on a bus! I can't do long field trips with my students because of that fact. I've done the Green side though, and it was super fun but so claustrophobic!!!

Aww, it stinks that you were so exhausted at DTD. Yeah, that happens to me a lot there too because I walk around and there's like, no real way of getting to see everything especially in World of Disney. When it's crowded, I don't know what to do myself because there's no such thing as leisurely shopping because you spend most of your time avoiding others! Last time I was looking at the keychains, and every time I started examining the ones on the spinning rack, someone would come over and turn it!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2012, 04:25 AM   #63
MEK
DIS Veteran

GREAT topiary shots! They are only there for the F&G festival. Wouldn't it be great if some of them where there year round?

I actually love the Impressions of France film, but the coolness, the dark, and the comfy seats are an invitation to take a little snooze.

I have felt the exact same way in that store in DTD. It is always crowded with long lines. I probably wouldn't have gone back for another shirt either. You guys really pushed yourselves on little to no sleep.

Looking forward to more.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-12-2012, 11:59 PM   #64
kansasdisneygal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
I get that reaction lots of time when I tell someone I'm from Alabama. They seem to think that means that I married my cousin, only went through eighth grade, and walk around bare-foot all the time. For the record, I do go bare-foot a lot, but that's all that's true in those assumptions.

LOTS of times---especially when I'm in the WORLD of Disney. We have always gone there on weekend nights, and I would literally have a nervous breakdown in there. No one answers their phone--You search for what seems like hours to locate your group. Add to that, it was your travel day, and you'd been up for over 16 hours---Yeah, I'd be finished with that too!
I bet you do get the same type of reaction! haha! Some think we all wear plaid and overalls Barefoot is totally acceptable, at least in my book! But what do I know, I'm from Kansas!

Yep, you know exactly how I was feeling! We probably should have skipped on DTD all together but I thought we could handle it! Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Great update!

Haha, that conversation with the people from Tampa was so funny, how they thought being from Kansas was so weird! When I went to California years ago to visit my friend, her friends all asked me a million questions about living in CT, such as "are your streets made out of cobblestone?" They thought me living there was so strange!

Yay Epcot! Aren't the topiaries cute, I'm glad you got to see some even after the F&G festival was over!

Yum, I love the Fish and Chips in England, they are SO good!

Aww, Belle! She's my favorite princess too, but I'm too nervous to meet her! What did you talk to her about?

Ugh, I hate feeling tired and cranky in Disney World and just being done...you want to be happy and have so much energy and sometimes you just need to call it a night and go to bed! It's depressing, but sometimes it has to be done!
All your roads are not made of cobblestone?? You mean we aren't still living in the 1800's? How weird.
Oh my I was in LOVE with the topiaries!!! I thought the Mater and Lightening McQueen ones were so well done!
The fish and chips we so good! I can't even talk about them without craving them!!
Oh! Don't be nervous to meet her! She is one of the sweetest princesses I've met. I told her I'd just finished reading the most wonderful book. She wanted to know if it was about a handsome prince! haha.
Yep, that is exactly how I was feeling. I guess you really do need sleep in Disney. I'm glad we called it a night when we did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Mm, that fish looks so good! We like the fish at Columbia Harbour House. I've never had the one in the UK. I'm curious to know just how different it is. I'm guessing CHH is more "fast food-y"? Have you ever had it to compare?

Yum, that cookie looks delicious too! That looks more like something I would get. Even though the caramel squares and cupcakes look good when others get them, I know I wouldn't enjoy it that much. I still like good ol' cookie!

I will never try Mission Space - Orange because I know I will get sick since I still sometimes feel gross riding on a bus! I can't do long field trips with my students because of that fact. I've done the Green side though, and it was super fun but so claustrophobic!!!

Aww, it stinks that you were so exhausted at DTD. Yeah, that happens to me a lot there too because I walk around and there's like, no real way of getting to see everything especially in World of Disney. When it's crowded, I don't know what to do myself because there's no such thing as leisurely shopping because you spend most of your time avoiding others! Last time I was looking at the keychains, and every time I started examining the ones on the spinning rack, someone would come over and turn it!
I've never eaten at CHH so I unfortunately don't have anything to compare it to. I just know that it is REALLY GOOD!
That cookie was heavenly! Honestly, every bite I was just in awe of its deliciousness!
The Green side is so much better! You are right though, it is still very claustrophobic feeling. Luckily, I didn't have much trouble with that feeling on this trip.
That same thing happened to me but with the jewelry. I was trying to look at some earrings but someone would keep coming over and turning the rack. I don't understand some people sometimes. Oh well, what are you gonna do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
GREAT topiary shots! They are only there for the F&G festival. Wouldn't it be great if some of them where there year round?

I actually love the Impressions of France film, but the coolness, the dark, and the comfy seats are an invitation to take a little snooze.

I have felt the exact same way in that store in DTD. It is always crowded with long lines. I probably wouldn't have gone back for another shirt either. You guys really pushed yourselves on little to no sleep.

Looking forward to more.
The topiaries were so neat this year!! I'd never seen the Lightening McQueen and Mater ones, so I was pretty excited about them! I wish they were there year round.
The film is definitely a great place for a nap! Gotta love the AC on a hot day!
I felt bad not going back, but I just couldn't! We did push ourselves and I'm thinking we won't be doing that again on the next trip. Thanks!!!
Old 07-13-2012, 12:10 AM   #65
kansasdisneygal
Mouseketeer

Hey everyone!! Thank you so much for all your wonderful posts! As this is my first TR, I really appreciate all your kind thoughts and comments! As most of you know, I got my first teaching job for this coming school year teaching 7th grade math. I’m so excited to get the school year going. But first, I have to move. ICK. So, I am moving this coming Monday (16th) and I know it will be crazy busy. Please forgive me if it takes a while to get up another update after this one! I’m really enjoying writing it for you all and hope you’ll stick with me! ~ Jenn

Chapter 5

“Reach for the Sky!" – Toy Story

Sunday, May 27th

We got up around 8am and felt much better with several hours of sleep. We both got ready at a decent pace and ate our cereal in the room. Special K Strawberries and Special K Cinnamon Pecan were our cereals of choice for this trip! We loved having a fridge in the room for this trip, because I’d much rather have a bowl of cereal than a pop tart.

We headed out of the room and didn’t have to wait long for a bus! Bag check took a little bit, but it wasn’t too bad. Soon we were in the park and the first picture I took:

Yup! We were in Magic Kingdom for the day!!! We arrived around 9:45. And it was going to be a LONG day with evening EMH til 3am!!! Sam and I made our way down Main Street and both agreed that we finally felt like we were IN Disney. Is anyone else like this? I mean of course we knew we were in Disney once we went under the magical entrance sign, but I just don’t feel like I’m IN DISNEY until I see the castle. Don’t get me wrong, we had a blast at Epcot, but there is just something about that castle. Sigh.

Isn’t it beautiful?!?!

We decided to stop and take a few pictures. I thought these were pretty good. I just wish the sun hadn’t been right in our eyes because we look all squinty. Oh well!!

After we got our beautiful pictures taken with the gorgeous castle we headed into Tomorrowland. We were on a mission to Space Mountain! When we got to the FP distribution area the time posted wouldn’t work well for our lunch plans. But the stand-by was only 20 minutes, so we hopped in line!

This was my FIRST TIME on Space Mountain (in WDW) people!! (I’ve been on the one at Disneyland) The ride had been closed during my first trip in 2009, so I was super excited to ride it. I could barely stand still while we waited in line. I mean we were IN DISNEY, in line for Space Mountain, and had a full day ahead of us! WOHOO!

So basically, I LOVED it! It was so fun! Honestly, I was not even screaming on the ride, I laughed the whole way through. I was just in love with life at the moment! The only negative that I can say about Space Mountain is that it is NOT an easy ride to get gracefully into and out of while wearing a dress. Sam and I wore dresses for most of the trip just because it is cooler. Luckily, we are super smart and wore those Nike DryFit compression shorts under our dresses every day for this exact reason- entering and exiting ride vehicles. Honestly though, Space Mountain was the only ride the whole trip that I thanked the Lord for wearing those shorts! Haha!

Anyways, after exiting the awesomeness that is Space Mountain, we headed over to Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin!! Here is a picture of us that a nice couple took while we waited in line

And our buddy Buzz!!!

We had a blast on the ride. Sam beat me miserably! I think my gun was broken or something because my points were ridiculously low. That or I’m just a sore loser! haha!

We didn’t have too much time left before we needed to head to our lunch reservation so we decided to head towards Fantasyland and grab some FP for Peter Pan! I got some decent castle shots on the way!

and me trying to be artsy…

Once we grabbed our FP for Peter Pan it was time to head for the exit. It was about 10:50 and our lunch reservation was at 11:20.

And then we headed towards the Monorail station. Now, let me just explain to you. This is ANOTHER FIRST! I had NEVER ridden on the Monorail and I was soooooo excited!!!! It is so amazing and gorgeous and I swear that someday I will stay at a MK resort so that I can ride the Monorail to and from the Magic Kingdom!

My first Monorail ride was on the Gold Monorail!! I mean really how much more royal can you get?? This princess was definitely riding in style to our lunch reservation.

When we got on the Monorail, I was so excited! I didn’t even take pictures while we were riding. I was just in awe! It was so neat to look across the lagoon at the Grand Floridian and Polynesian. Then turning the other way, I got to watch families arrive at Magic Kingdom and see the joy on their faces. Space Mountain looks so cool from the monorail and somewhat peaceful nestled into the surrounding trees. You wouldn’t guess the craziness that was going on inside! Ahhh, I was in love with the Monorail.

But, I was also excited about our lunch destination. But where were we going? You’ve got 3 resorts to guess from and several different restaurants within them to choose from. All I know is that we had an amazing time!
Continued in Next Post.

Last edited by kansasdisneygal; 07-18-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:05 AM   #66
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

Oh, a cliffhanger?! I'm guessing 'Ohana... (ETA: Oops, maybe 1900 Park Fare for a little Cinderella lunch?)

Congrats on the teaching job, very exciting!

And I agree, whenever I go, I have to HAVE to got to MK first, because it really doesn't feel real until I do.

Good luck on the move!

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31

Last edited by beachphotog; 07-13-2012 at 05:06 AM. Reason: 'Ohana doesn't serve lunch... oops!
Old 07-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #67
MEK
DIS Veteran

Love your castle pictures! I will never tire of castle pictures. Glad you both loved Space Mountain.

Hmmmm....lunch destination. OK - I'm just going to guess the first thing that comes to mind and that is the Grand Floridian cafe. But I can think of a few backup guesses, too.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #68
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Good luck moving! Don't worry about the gap in updates if it happens, it's definitely understandable.

AHH I have Special K Cinnamon Pecan pretty much EVERY morning. It's SO GOOD.

YAY MK! I agree, once you see that castle it's like BOOM, MAGIC TIME.

Glad you had a good first ride on Space Mountain... AND THE MONORAIL.

Hahaha I know where you're going so I'll be nice and I won't guess.

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 07-14-2012, 08:05 AM   #69
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Your girls look great! I know exactly what you mean about really feeling like you've arrived once you're in the MK! Epcot has grown to be my favourite place in the World, but there is something about the MK that steals my heart!

Glad you got to experience a couple of "firsts" on this trip!
Old 07-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #70
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yay, MK! I know what you mean, I love Epcot, it's my favorite park, and I always have to start my trips there, but I can't wait too long to go to MK, I have to see the castle! Someday I'll switch it up and start my trip at MK!

Isn't SM so much fun? I am always laughing on that ride too, because it's just crazy, and sometimes you feel like you might just fly out of your seat!

OMG your first ride on the monorail???? Isn't it the best? I love the monorail soooo much, someday I'm going to stay at a monorail resort and just ride it all day long!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 07-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #71
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Love your castle pics! Y'all look great!

Lunch.....Where? I'm guessing Kona over at the Poly!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 07-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #72
kansasdisneygal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
Oh, a cliffhanger?! I'm guessing 'Ohana... (ETA: Oops, maybe 1900 Park Fare for a little Cinderella lunch?)

Congrats on the teaching job, very exciting!

And I agree, whenever I go, I have to HAVE to got to MK first, because it really doesn't feel real until I do.

Good luck on the move!
Good guesses! Those are both excellent restaurants!
Thank you!!! It is exciting!
I think from now on we will have to do MK first thing. I think our first night would have gone better.
Thank you! It went pretty smooth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Love your castle pictures! I will never tire of castle pictures. Glad you both loved Space Mountain.

Hmmmm....lunch destination. OK - I'm just going to guess the first thing that comes to mind and that is the Grand Floridian cafe. But I can think of a few backup guesses, too.
Thank you!! Castle pictures are the best Space Mountain was amazing!
Good guess! We will see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Good luck moving! Don't worry about the gap in updates if it happens, it's definitely understandable.

AHH I have Special K Cinnamon Pecan pretty much EVERY morning. It's SO GOOD.

YAY MK! I agree, once you see that castle it's like BOOM, MAGIC TIME.

Glad you had a good first ride on Space Mountain... AND THE MONORAIL.

Hahaha I know where you're going so I'll be nice and I won't guess.
Thank you! The move went pretty smoothly!
Special K cereals are so yummy! They are REALLY good!
Hahaha! Love the "BOOM, MAGIC TIME!"
Yes, I am now fully in love with SM and the Monorail.
If you do know where I'm going, you're the only one that guessed correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Your girls look great! I know exactly what you mean about really feeling like you've arrived once you're in the MK! Epcot has grown to be my favourite place in the World, but there is something about the MK that steals my heart!

Glad you got to experience a couple of "firsts" on this trip!
Thank you! And I agree, there is just something about MK and the castle.
There were several first on this trip...some not so great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yay, MK! I know what you mean, I love Epcot, it's my favorite park, and I always have to start my trips there, but I can't wait too long to go to MK, I have to see the castle! Someday I'll switch it up and start my trip at MK!

Isn't SM so much fun? I am always laughing on that ride too, because it's just crazy, and sometimes you feel like you might just fly out of your seat!

OMG your first ride on the monorail???? Isn't it the best? I love the monorail soooo much, someday I'm going to stay at a monorail resort and just ride it all day long!
Seeing the castle does it for me! I feel like, "Ok, I'm actually here!!"

SM was awesome!! There were several moments when I felt like I might just fly out! haha!

The Monorail is the BEST!! The Grand Floridian is my dream resort. But we also fell in love with the Poly this trip. So either one I'd love to stay at and be on the Monorail loop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Love your castle pics! Y'all look great!

Lunch.....Where? I'm guessing Kona over at the Poly!
Thank you!!
Good guess... we will see!!!
Old 07-18-2012, 01:13 PM   #73
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

I hope you had a good move!

Mmm, Special K Cinnamon Pecan?!? I've never heard of that one before! We usually do the Honey Bunches of Oats route, but that Special K sounds delicious! It reminds me of Disney too just by the name because of the cinnamon pecans/cinnamon almonds they have in the parks in those cones!

I agree with you. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the other parks, but I don't necessarily get that giddy feeling like I do in MK. Haha, probably doesn't help that Disney's commercials have made the castle SUCH an icon! Good job, Disney marketing! We are addicted to that feeling!

I would have guessed Kona Cafe too because it's just so AWESOME!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 07-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #74
kansasdisneygal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
I hope you had a good move!

Mmm, Special K Cinnamon Pecan?!? I've never heard of that one before! We usually do the Honey Bunches of Oats route, but that Special K sounds delicious! It reminds me of Disney too just by the name because of the cinnamon pecans/cinnamon almonds they have in the parks in those cones!

I agree with you. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the other parks, but I don't necessarily get that giddy feeling like I do in MK. Haha, probably doesn't help that Disney's commercials have made the castle SUCH an icon! Good job, Disney marketing! We are addicted to that feeling!

I would have guessed Kona Cafe too because it's just so AWESOME!
I did have a good move, thank you!!
The Special K cereals are my favorite! The cinnamon pecan is so yummy!! I've never tried the cinnamon pecans they have at WDW! Sounds really good though!

Yup, that giddy feeling is definitely the reason I love MK so much! You are so right about Disney marketing! They do their job well!!

I haven't tried Kona yet but I really should! Just didn't have time on this trip for it!
Old 07-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #75
kansasdisneygal
Mouseketeer

Well, I am all moved into my new townhouse in my new city! I’m mostly all unpacked and situated! It’s a pretty great feeling to know that I have my own place and will be starting my big girl job in a matter of weeks. I hope you all stuck with me during my brief hiatus!

Chapter 6

“If you are what you eat, then I only want to eat the good stuff.” -Remy, Ratatouille

Sunday, May 27th continued

Last time, I left you on the Monorail. Yes, I know, it’s really not a bad place to leave someone. We were headed to lunch and I was overjoyed to be on the Monorail and be going to a restaurant I’d never tried before. The first resort in sight was of course the Contemporary.

Thank you to all who attempted to guess on my lunch location. I actually gave you a bit of a hint in my Introduction chapter. If you notice in that picture of me in the Introductions, I am wearing the same outfit as I was on this day! But it seems many of you didn’t catch that and that’s ok! It was a bit of a trick question because we’d be eating breakfast for lunch!!!

Yup, that’s right, we had an 11:20 lunch (Disney calls it breakfast) reservation at Chef Mickey’s! I guess they stop serving breakfast at 11:30. But who doesn’t like breakfast for lunch/dinner?? We checked in and went to get our picture taken.

We didn’t wait very long and our buzzer went off! They took us straight back to our table. I can’t really explain our location very well, because I didn’t take the time to walk around the restaurant. But we walked straight back and past the buffet on our right. We went up those couple steps into the two rooms that have the window view of the MK. Our two person table was the table that sits right in the walkway between those two rooms. It was an OK location, I mean we could see the MK. It would have been better but the side that looks down onto the buffet area is blocked by this tall wall. So we could see what was happening in those two upper rooms but we had to stretch to look around the wall to see if characters were coming. The good thing about the location was it did feel more private and not open to all the noise the restaurant offers.

Our waiter was an older gentleman. I’m terrible with names, but he was awesome! He kept our Diet Cokes filled the whole time and helped answer our questions before going to the buffet. We headed straight to the buffet because the characters hadn’t entered the bottom room where the buffet is. Our nice waiter explained that the characters had to go through that entire room before they would come into the two upper rooms. This was nice because we could really gauge when was a good time to head to the buffet- even if we did have to stretch to look around the wall.

When we got back with our food, suddenly the music started playing and Goofy came and danced around in the two upper rooms! We had our yellow celebration napkins to indicate our birthdays and Goofy came over, pointed at our buttons and did a happy dance!!

Once the music was done, it was time to eat!!!

Here is Sam’s first two plates, I don’t know what all she had but we had several of the same things:

And here are my plates:

I know, I know. It’s A LOT of food! But what can I do, it s a buffet and I want to try it all!! On my small plate, I had a cinnamon sticky roll, a flaky croissant, and a Mickey waffle with butter and cherries. On my large plate going clockwise, I had strawberries, a yogurty-oats-pinapple/strawberry mixture, a hashbrown, a breakfast pizza slice under the hashbrown, eggs, an egg casserole, biscuits and gravy, cheesy potato casserole, and sausage.

Let me just say, both Sam and my favorite dish was the cheesy potato casserole. I believe it probably has sour cream also baked in there. It was SOOO good! We both got seconds on it! I also really enjoyed my Mickey waffle!! I only like waffles with fruit on them, so I was happy to see they offered cherries. The breakfast pizza was good and the egg casserole was also good. I enjoyed the biscuits and gravy, too. The rest was just ok. I didn’t care for the eggs, the sausage was nothing special, and the cinnamon sticky roll was not warm like I wanted it to be. The hashbrown was also cool once I went to eat it. The worst was the yogurt/oats/pineapple and strawberry mix. We both tried this and both thought it was really gross. It didn’t taste like regular yogurt, so I don’t know what exactly it was.

Then our waiter brought us our birthday cupcakes!!

We were so full though, that we really just took a bite. They were really rich chocolate cupcakes.

Soon the characters started to show up! First was Goofy!!

Sam asked Goofy if he’d made a mess in the kitchen, he made a motion like “Who me?” He was really cute and interacted well with us. Then came Minnie!

We asked if she’d been baking all morning. She said yes and pointed to our birthday cupcakes to indicate she’d made them for us! So cute!! Again, we had a great interaction with her! Then came Mickey!

Mickey was really cute! He wasn’t quite as interactive but he did make sure to give hugs and seemed excited to wish us happy birthday! Gotta love Mickey! Next up was Pluto.

We love Pluto!! Sam scratched him behind the ear and he started kicking his leg! It was too funny! He made motions of licking our faces and wished us happy birthday! He was super interactive with us and we had a lot of fun meeting him. Next up was Donald.

Now, I know we are adults and maybe don’t get as much interaction from the characters as little kids do. I was scared to make character meal reservations because I didn’t know how the characters would be with just adults at the table. Granted all the other characters had been great and, I think, gave us our due time. But this Donald was pretty darn rude. I know Donald’s character is moody, but if that’s what the CM was going for it didn’t come off well. Our interaction with Donald was him coming over, motioning for a camera and for Sam to stand by him. He moved quickly away from Sam and stood by me. As you can see, he didn’t even put his arm around us like the other characters did and never motioned to give us a hug. Once the last picture was taken he quickly moved away to the next table. It was crazy. Sam and I kind of looked at each other like, “Did that just happen.”

I don’t want to put a damper on this meal just because of one character interaction. We really did have a blast at Chef Mickey’s and all the characters, except Donald, were very interactive with us and made us feel just as special as a table full of kiddos. We both said we’d definitely go back. The food was actually better than I expected with it being a buffet and with our reservations so close to the closing time.

Once we settled our tab, we were off to catch the Monorail back to the MK!! It was about 1:30pm at this point and we still had a full day ahead of us with 3am EMH!!! It was going to be lots of fun, but there is definitely a huge hiccup on its way…dun dun dunnnn....

Continued in Next Post.

Last edited by kansasdisneygal; 07-31-2012 at 01:08 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: