Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #121
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

This is one of my favorite photos...it sums me up!

This looked like a creature to me. Something from Dark Crystal or maybe Cousin It! Ha!

…and this reminded me of Grizzly Peak in Disneyland!

Now we started walking toward the water. Most of our group said that if we walked around, along the water’s edge and over the cliffs we could see an even better cave…so we followed them.

DH wasn't too into walking along the water..it was very slippery and covered in seaweed and there wasn't much of a gap between the edge and water. (DH can't swim) but he ended up coming!

and boy oh boy was it worth it

We found out later that they don't tell anyone about these caves because its not as safe to get too....oops

It was the best part of the trip so...i'm so glad we broke the rules!

June 2004- WDW Offsite, May 2006-Disneyland Paris
December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
June 2011-WDW One Year Anniversary! Boardwalk Villas TR
June 2012-Disney Magic to Canada 2 year anniversary! TR
shippedtosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:51 AM   #122
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

We then had to run back because we were running a little late on our hour. Seriously....Disney needs to get rid of the food part, its not worth it.

We then drove a little ways back to a small grouping of stores we had passed and got another hour to walk around.

We did a little shopping in this store. (i'll post all my days purchases in the next post I have to take photos..)

I don't know what you would call the area...its not really a village because there aren't houses but it was really cute and peaceful.

these boats float in water half the time. obviously they can't go very far now! but they still looked cool.

and this is the aftermath of our adventure....technically we weren't suppose to bring soil back....this we couldn't really help tho!

After our shopping we took the long bus rideback. For some unknown reason we went back to the reversing falls...even though they weren't reversing it was a little more rough tho.

This is the train that some people took as an excursion...and demanded their money back!

December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2012, 07:52 AM   #123
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

After seeing the falls again we headed back to our home.

Coming up:

Old 08-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #124
pklein09

DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 1st Place

Fantastic pictures!!!

Now I know what Saint John looked liked!!! It was so fogged in the entire day we were there. The picture you posted with the welcome sign from the boat....it was so foggy you couldn't read what it said!

Here's a link to some pictures (I've never figured out how to post a picture!). If you scroll through, you'll see how foggy it was that day.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=e5c2cfcf72

Great update!

Have a Magical Day!!!

Last edited by pklein09; 08-24-2012 at 08:44 AM.
pklein09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #125
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

Great pictures of an amazing place! I'd love to see those sea caves! How weird to be walking on the ocean floor! How long does it take for the water to go to high tide? I'd be nervous about getting "caught" down in the caves! Funny that people dock their boats there where they can only use them part time!

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #126
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I'm loving your pictures. It looked like a fabulous day. I would want to break the rules and see those caves too.
What is that big lens on your camera. I keep debating getting a new one. I just am cheap, so I put it off.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #127
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

What beautiful sites on your excursion. And wow, wow, wow! Bay of Fundy is gorgeous! Love Cousin It as well!

So cute how you got Duffy all ready for the evening to come!

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #128
Michellynn
Finding shopping opportunities at every destination!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pklein09 View Post
Now I know what Saint John looked liked!!! It was so fogged in the entire day we were there. The picture you posted with the welcome sign from the boat....it was so foggy you couldn't read what it said!

Here's a link to some pictures (I've never figured out how to post a picture!). If you scroll through, you'll see how foggy it was that day.

Great update!
Just looked at your cruise photos on Facebook and I had to do a double take when I saw "Paul n Michelle's Photos" on the album label. DH and I are going on the 9/7 cruise to Canada and we are also "Paul and Michelle".
September 2012 - DCL Magic Canadian Cruise, May 2012 - Coronado Springs, October 2011 - PO French Quarter, February 2008 - PO French Quarter, June 1998 - Dixie Landings, March 1986 - Fort Wilderness, March 1983 - Fort Wilderness, April 1980 - Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park

Michellynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:51 AM   #129
pklein09

DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 1st Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michellynn View Post
Just looked at your cruise photos on Facebook and I had to do a double take when I saw "Paul n Michelle's Photos" on the album label. DH and I are going on the 9/7 cruise to Canada and we are also "Paul and Michelle".
Our cabin neighbors right next door were "Michele and Paul" and they were from our town! I knew her from school (our two youngest kids were in the same grade but different classrooms), but I never knew her name.

Have a wonderful trip! Pack warm clothes....it was cool in the evenings on the ship, especially walking on the outside decks.

Have a Magical Day!!!
pklein09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:48 AM   #130
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pklein09 View Post

Great update!
Oh thats such a shame! It was gloomy when we first woke up but obviously it changed. Well now you'll have an excuse to go back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1 View Post
Great pictures of an amazing place! I'd love to see those sea caves! How weird to be walking on the ocean floor! How long does it take for the water to go to high tide? I'd be nervous about getting "caught" down in the caves! Funny that people dock their boats there where they can only use them part time!
Thanks! I think it was only a few hours...they have it planned perfectly so the tours don't go down there when it starts coming back but yeah that would be rather scary getting stuck and apparently the water is freezing. Yeah they look so weird just sitting on the ground like that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I'm loving your pictures. It looked like a fabulous day. I would want to break the rules and see those caves too.
What is that big lens on your camera. I keep debating getting a new one. I just am cheap, so I put it off.
Thanks! The lens i'm using is an 18-135. Its really great lens for when we travel. I also have a 75-200 but that one is impractical for trips like this. I'm not a big fan of having to change lens when we are out so I try an pick the best for the situation. We keep a fixed 50 on it most of the time. Well when your ready get exactly what you want because then you'll regret if after and want to buy another!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
What beautiful sites on your excursion. And wow, wow, wow! Bay of Fundy is gorgeous! Love Cousin It as well!

So cute how you got Duffy all ready for the evening to come!
Thanks! Yes it really was! I'm so glad we choose that excursion!

DH made sure to get a pirate costume for Duffy when we were on board specifically for this night....Duffy will be reusing his costume in WDW for the Halloween party as well!

Old 08-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #131
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shippedtosea View Post
DH made sure to get a pirate costume for Duffy when we were on board specifically for this night....!

Good for him! The guy knows how to dress a bear!
My DH MIGHT do such a thing IF he could tell everyone it wasn't HIS bear but his KIDS' BEAR!

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:57 AM   #132
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

Wonderful pictures!!

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #133
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry I've been MIA...too much has been going on and unfortunately this TR took a back seat. I will be finishing up soon. Do I still have readers?

Sorry again

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1 View Post

Good for him! The guy knows how to dress a bear!
My DH MIGHT do such a thing IF he could tell everyone it wasn't HIS bear but his KIDS' BEAR!
haha he sure does! Yeah DH doesn't have that excuse....oh well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess aleya View Post
Wonderful pictures!!
Thanks

Old 09-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #134
LittleGirlGrey
Mouseketeer

I'm still here!

One word love; curiosity. You long for freedom. You long to do what you want to do because you want it. To act on selfish impulse. You want to see what it's like. One day you won't be able to resist.
LittleGirlGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #135
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shippedtosea
I'm so sorry I've been MIA...too much has been going on and unfortunately this TR took a back seat. I will be finishing up soon. Do I still have readers?

Sorry again

haha he sure does! Yeah DH doesn't have that excuse....oh well!

Thanks
I'm here too

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: