Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #106
iloverags2
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,349

Awesome weather you had for the day! Your pictures are beautiful! I totally missed your DH's tee matching the grass until you mentioned it...how cool.

We always have to get our kitties and puppy toys when traveling...we feel so guilty leaving them!
__________________
Cindy


iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #107
AshAlytwins
DIS Veteran
 
AshAlytwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 16 hr. Autotrain ride away from the MAGIC! Hollidaysburg, PA
Posts: 642

Thank you so much for your report!!
DH and I booked the September 12th trip...first without ouDD since they will be back in College!
You have given me many ideas as to what to do in the ports!!
Happy Anniversary!!
Hope you have many many more!
We celebrated our 22nd on our may 25th Magic Cruise!!
__________________
All Star Sports 11/'02
Beach Club/Coronado Springs 11/'03
Off Site 11/'04
POP Century/MVMCP/Wonder 12/'05
AKL/Wonder/POP Century/MVMCP 11-12/'06
WDW/Sheraton Vistana Villages 6/7-6/15/'08
Disney Magic Ignagural NYC-Bahama Cruise 5/25/12-6/02/12
Disney Magic Final NYC-Canada Cruise 9/12-17/2012

AshAlytwins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-02-2012, 05:15 AM   #108
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran
 
HermanTriplets+1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Israel
Posts: 1,321

Quote:
Originally Posted by shippedtosea View Post
So, for my main, I ordered off the Lumiere's menu. Grilled Marinated Tofu, Roasted Zucchini, Eggplant, and Red Peppers
On Israeli Couscous with a Lime-Cilantro Sauce

Unlike my appetizer, this was flavorful and interesting! Everything was cooked nicely and was filling - but not heavy.
We liked this dish, too! DS13 is a vegetarian and this was his favorite. The part they ALL liked was the "Israeli Couscous" - DS15 even took a picture of the menu because this amused them so! In Israel, couscous is couscous, and this is called "ptitim"! It is an Israeli invention, created during the early years of Statehood when rice was scarce. The government actually contracted one of the big food companies to invent something that would be a good rice substitute, and it was so popular that it has become a staple here. It is mostly considered "kid food", part of the routine diet of all preschoolers! To see it as a gourmet dish on our beloved Magic was a great event!
__________________
+ + = ( JJ and Gloria say "meowmeow what about us!")
THE HERMAN FAMILY!

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:54 AM   #109
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran
 
shippedtosea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,404

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
Awesome weather you had for the day! Your pictures are beautiful! I totally missed your DH's tee matching the grass until you mentioned it...how cool.

We always have to get our kitties and puppy toys when traveling...we feel so guilty leaving them!
I know! We were so lucky! Couldn't have asked for better weather and bluer skies! (DH really loves his blue skies) Haha I took that photo and started laughing...too bad he was wearing something between his shirt and the grass or he could have totally blended in!

Us too! She ended up with two toys...she is spoiled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAlytwins View Post
Thank you so much for your report!!
DH and I booked the September 12th trip...first without ouDD since they will be back in College!
You have given me many ideas as to what to do in the ports!!
Happy Anniversary!!
Hope you have many many more!
We celebrated our 22nd on our may 25th Magic Cruise!!
omg! so exciting you will have so much fun! I'm glad to help! We did an excursion in St. John so stay tuned!
Thanks so much! Happy 22nd! Thats really great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1 View Post
We liked this dish, too! DS13 is a vegetarian and this was his favorite. The part they ALL liked was the "Israeli Couscous" - DS15 even took a picture of the menu because this amused them so! In Israel, couscous is couscous, and this is called "ptitim"! It is an Israeli invention, created during the early years of Statehood when rice was scarce. The government actually contracted one of the big food companies to invent something that would be a good rice substitute, and it was so popular that it has become a staple here. It is mostly considered "kid food", part of the routine diet of all preschoolers! To see it as a gourmet dish on our beloved Magic was a great event!
Oh thats really funny. Its one of my favorites...so I guess I'm really a kid at heart..and stomach
__________________
Me! DH Ruby



June 2004- WDW Offsite, May 2006-Disneyland Paris
December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
June 2011-WDW One Year Anniversary! Boardwalk Villas TR
June 2012-Disney Magic to Canada 2 year anniversary! TR
shippedtosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #110
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,746

Halifax looks like such an amazing port. You got some post card perfect shots too. I also really like the pictures of you around different areas. You should frame some. You look fabulous.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #111
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran
 
shippedtosea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,404

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib
Halifax looks like such an amazing port. You got some post card perfect shots too. I also really like the pictures of you around different areas. You should frame some. You look fabulous.
It really is. It was a great port first port, so much to see and we had no time limit. Haha...DH had the dslr that day so lots of me pictures. I believe the next day when I had it there are lots of photos of him! Thanks so much!
__________________
Me! DH Ruby



June 2004- WDW Offsite, May 2006-Disneyland Paris
December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
June 2011-WDW One Year Anniversary! Boardwalk Villas TR
June 2012-Disney Magic to Canada 2 year anniversary! TR
shippedtosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #112
MrShiny
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 2,319

We also ate a fish & chips booth and it was amazing. I think ours was different then yours - ours was right before we went into the maritime museum. Especially like the poutine.
__________________
Last trip:
Disney Fantasy - 25th Anniversary
Sept.-Oct. 2014

Next trip:
Star Wars Celebration and COMMON Annual Meeting,
Disneyland Hotel April 2015
MrShiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #113
Deemarch
DIS Veteran
 
Deemarch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Clifton, NJ
Posts: 1,399

Loving your trip report! I'm so exciting for ours coming up in 24 Days!
__________________
Denise - DVC member since 2003 - Home Resort SSR


Deemarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #114
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran
 
shippedtosea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,404

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShiny
We also ate a fish & chips booth and it was amazing. I think ours was different then yours - ours was right before we went into the maritime museum. Especially like the poutine.
Yeah there were a couple down there. All smelt amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemarch
Loving your trip report! I'm so exciting for ours coming up in 24 Days!
Thanks! Oh so exciting! We were down by the pier last weekend and got to see her! Made me homesick though
__________________
Me! DH Ruby



June 2004- WDW Offsite, May 2006-Disneyland Paris
December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
June 2011-WDW One Year Anniversary! Boardwalk Villas TR
June 2012-Disney Magic to Canada 2 year anniversary! TR
shippedtosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:39 PM   #115
pklein09


DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 1st Place
 
pklein09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: East Windsor, NJ
Posts: 1,233

Thanks!!! Went to the Public Gardens in Halifax...

We just came back from our Canadian cruise on Friday. I wanted to read about the ports from a first person perspective before leaving and ran across your trip report. We didn't have anything in particular planned...we have 4 kids and most of the excursions start to get pricey when you multiply the cost times 6. We walked to the Citadel from the ship, which pretty darn near wiped all of us out. It also didn't help that there was a time change the night before. In any case, when we got to the Citadel, I asked how to get to the Public Gardens. It was the only thing I purposely wanted to do in Halifax because of the beautiful pictures in your trip report. We all agreed that the Gardens were beautiful. DS11 took the most beautiful pictures of their dahlia garden. He also loved the ducks and geese.

I look forward to reading the rest of your adventure!
__________________

Have a Magical Day!!!
pklein09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:11 AM   #116
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran
 
shippedtosea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,404

Quote:
Originally Posted by pklein09 View Post
We just came back from our Canadian cruise on Friday. I wanted to read about the ports from a first person perspective before leaving and ran across your trip report. We didn't have anything in particular planned...we have 4 kids and most of the excursions start to get pricey when you multiply the cost times 6. We walked to the Citadel from the ship, which pretty darn near wiped all of us out. It also didn't help that there was a time change the night before. In any case, when we got to the Citadel, I asked how to get to the Public Gardens. It was the only thing I purposely wanted to do in Halifax because of the beautiful pictures in your trip report. We all agreed that the Gardens were beautiful. DS11 took the most beautiful pictures of their dahlia garden. He also loved the ducks and geese.

I look forward to reading the rest of your adventure!
I'm so glad my report helped you! I'm so sorry I didn't have a chance to do my New Brunswick day before you left (soon I promise!!) i'm happy you liked the gardens! They were really a highlight for us of the trip as well!
__________________
Me! DH Ruby



June 2004- WDW Offsite, May 2006-Disneyland Paris
December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
June 2011-WDW One Year Anniversary! Boardwalk Villas TR
June 2012-Disney Magic to Canada 2 year anniversary! TR
shippedtosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:38 PM   #117
Michellynn
Finding shopping opportunities at every destination!
 
Michellynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 228

Absolutely LOVE, love, LOVE, your trip report.! Your photos are fantastic and I'm really getting a feel for what to expect. We are going on the 9/7 cruise.

We Only have the HOHO booked for halifax so I was glad to see how enjoyable exploring on your own was for you.

Looking forward to seeing how your day was in saint John.
__________________
Next Trip: 9/5/2015 - DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean
Previous Trips:
September 2012 - DCL Magic Canadian Cruise, May 2012 - Coronado Springs, October 2011 - PO French Quarter, February 2008 - PO French Quarter, June 1998 - Dixie Landings, March 1986 - Fort Wilderness, March 1983 - Fort Wilderness, April 1980 - Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park

.
Michellynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:45 PM   #118
ScooterL
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,160

We are also doing the final Canada cruise in September, so I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your trip report - you've given me lots of good ideas for Halifax. We also will be walking it rather than taking an excursion.
ScooterL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:43 AM   #119
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran
 
shippedtosea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,404

I'm a terrible slacker, I'm sorry! The Olympics are over and all our photos are edited! So lets get back on track.



Day 4

Navigator











Today is New Brunswick! We got up nice and early and headed down to Parrot Cay for breakfast.



This buffet was far better then Topsiders! There was much more choice, and it was a lot more interesting. Just for veggie information...the baked beans have meat in them. It took me a very long time to get this answer.





This was my first plate. It was all super yummy. Omelet was way better then Lumiere's. The potatoes were awesome. They should really get rid of those terrible McDonalds hash browns and replace them with these! Oh, and I love biscuits...yum.



…and I forgot DH's again. I'm really bad at remembering to take photos at breakfast...guess I'm too excited.



We then went upstairs to look around!





Hello New Brunswick!















DH made sure Duffy was all ready for the night! Can you guess whats coming?!









So then we headed down to the Buena Vista Theater to meet up for our excursion. We signed in and got our character and sticker. We got Jasmine! There were lots of guys in our group happily wearing Jasmine stickers.

We were doing the St Martins and Bay of Fundy Excursion



We were ushered out of the theater, and duly followed our Jasmine paddle off the boat.







We piled onto our bus. We ended up in a very small bus with a very...interesting guide. She was very strange and got distracted easily. Our first stop was a small market. We had about an hour. We headed in, and the first booth we noticed was a book stall. They had laid out a bunch of Disney books to welcome us! One immediately caught our eye, a vintage Disney book with tons of stories. It is from the 70s and probably would cost a hundred dollars here. It was $10! So of course we bought it! I also got some local coffee which was very good.



We had about an hour, but DH was worried we'd be late so we headed back early and went to the bus.



After the market we went to the reversing falls. I'm not even going to try and explain it, click here for the Wikipedia.



It was very pretty but we never actually got to see them actually reversing.











__________________
Me! DH Ruby



June 2004- WDW Offsite, May 2006-Disneyland Paris
December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
June 2011-WDW One Year Anniversary! Boardwalk Villas TR
June 2012-Disney Magic to Canada 2 year anniversary! TR
shippedtosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #120
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran
 
shippedtosea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,404

















We walked around enjoying the view and then were ushered back on the bus. We got onto the highway and drove for about an hour. The guide told us some local facts while we drove.







First view of the Bay of Fundy.







So now we come to the part of the excursion that I think was unnecessary. They took us to a diner to get clam chowder, veggie soup or chicken strips. The food was meh, but we only had 1 hour at the bay...and you really needed the full hour. So forget the soup! We really wish we had skipped the food and went straight down to the shore. So we scarfed down the food and we headed down to the beach.









It was so beautiful and amazing. Everywhere we walked is underwater half of the time. Which is pretty remarkable. Click here to read the Wikipedia about it!









It was such a nice day as well. A little cool, but not too bad.



















DH in the cave. This was the first cave you see.
__________________
Me! DH Ruby



June 2004- WDW Offsite, May 2006-Disneyland Paris
December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
June 2011-WDW One Year Anniversary! Boardwalk Villas TR
June 2012-Disney Magic to Canada 2 year anniversary! TR
shippedtosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: