Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #76
MrShiny
DIS Veteran

We went on the next cruise and the seas were a little choppy the first couple of days - saw the water in the pool slosh up and down about a foot.

Coming back from St. John on the last sea day it was very calm. Almost no feeling of motion at all.

Next trips:
Disney Fantasy - 25th Anniversary
Sept.-Oct. 2014

COMMON Annual Meeting
Disneyland Hotel April 2015
MrShiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #77
FriscoTexasMom
Earning My Ears

Thank you for the detailed report! My children and I are sailing Aug. 5, and we love looking at Magic photos together. Your thoroughness is much appreciated!
FriscoTexasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2012, 05:53 AM   #78
jimilla
Mouseketeer

Your trip reports are AMAZING! I feel like Idid when I was reading the Harry Potter books with DD. We finish one...and then can't wait till the next one released. Same here... I can't wait for the next day. We are doing same cruise Aug 12 and reading reports is not only giving valuable info (DD is always cold, now I know to make sure she brings a sweater to the theater ), but also is building the anticipation. Thanks so much for sharing this and your pictures, and Happy Anniversary!!!
jimilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:29 AM   #79
taximom00
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by herb102211 View Post
Love your TR and all of your photos! Looks like you had a great time. DH and I are on this cruise in September for our 1st anniversary.

BTW, how rough were the seas to/from Canada?

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!
We just returned yesterday! Compared to Caribbean cruises I found this to have more noticeable motion though I am not bothered by it. However my daughter had headaches both on the day we left and on the last sea day. That day I really noticed the choppy water as well as the pool looked like a wave pool!

She took homeopathic motion tablets which seemed to help and also wore the wristbands.

Another thing was it was very cold and foggy
On both sea days. Bring a fleece! Port days were beautiful though !
taximom00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #80
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
Wouldn't you know...the night we went to Palo was our regular dining night in Animator's Palate - so we missed the good veggie dish. Argh! Looks wonderful!

Yeah, those characters are always roaming about. I have learned to take my camera everywhere with me on the ship, and always have it with me. Random run-ins are my favorite!

Thanks for the funnel picture - you can never have too many of those!!!
Yeah of course! I heard first nights Lumiere's had good veggie food but I missed that! (technically..) Well there will have to be a next time so you can try it!!

I didn't expect that! I always have a camera but still it was so surprising and magical!!

Have to always sneak one of those in there! ha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDream2B View Post
Thank you so much for sharing this great trip report! Great photos! I especially appreciate your comments on the vegetarian food.
Thanks following along, I'm so glad you enjoy it! We veggies have to stick together! I love reading TR but I kind of skip over the meaty meals because obviously that won't help! So i'm glad I can help you out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by herb102211 View Post
Love your TR and all of your photos! Looks like you had a great time. DH and I are on this cruise in September for our 1st anniversary.

BTW, how rough were the seas to/from Canada?

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!
Thanks so much! Oh that will be amazing! I hope you guys are getting excited! Its a great way to celebrate an anniversary!

They weren't too rough when we went. It was rough both sea days. Only at night on the first and during the day on the second. but other then those 4-5 hours it wasn't too bad. You really notice it when you are seeing the shows or eating at Animators or Parrot. I forgot to mention but there was a part in Twice Charmed where you could see the curtain swaying behind the actors...and I had to just focus on the show because otherwise I would really notice it.

Thanks! Coming soon I hope!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriscoTexasMom View Post
Thank you for the detailed report! My children and I are sailing Aug. 5, and we love looking at Magic photos together. Your thoroughness is much appreciated!
Aw thanks so much! I'm so glad I can help you and your children get excited!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by taximom00 View Post
We just returned yesterday! Compared to Caribbean cruises I found this to have more noticeable motion though I am not bothered by it. However my daughter had headaches both on the day we left and on the last sea day. That day I really noticed the choppy water as well as the pool looked like a wave pool!

She took homeopathic motion tablets which seemed to help and also wore the wristbands.

Another thing was it was very cold and foggy
On both sea days. Bring a fleece! Port days were beautiful though !
Yeah Sea days were bad for us! I wore the bands the whole time. They really helped.

June 2004- WDW Offsite, May 2006-Disneyland Paris
December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
June 2011-WDW One Year Anniversary! Boardwalk Villas TR
June 2012-Disney Magic to Canada 2 year anniversary! TR
shippedtosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #81
sari8970
Mouseketeer

I guess I should buy the bracelets, just in case. We have a pair for DH because he gets seasick, but I guess I'll get some for me and the boys.

I hope we have the same characters and some of the same movies. My 5 year old loves stitch. I hope he's on our cruise. I saw listed Daisy and every year we've been to Disney World and haven't gotten a picture with her because her lines is always huge. DH refuses to wait! My kids don't know we're going so I can't show them the pictures!

I love that you put the info (navigator's something - lol). It's so great how they outline what's happening in the kids club and stuff so if it's something you know your kids will love you make sure you have them there at that time.

We leave 4 weeks from today. So super excited!

Thank you so much for this amazing TR!
sari8970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #82
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sari8970 View Post
I guess I should buy the bracelets, just in case. We have a pair for DH because he gets seasick, but I guess I'll get some for me and the boys.

I hope we have the same characters and some of the same movies. My 5 year old loves stitch. I hope he's on our cruise. I saw listed Daisy and every year we've been to Disney World and haven't gotten a picture with her because her lines is always huge. DH refuses to wait! My kids don't know we're going so I can't show them the pictures!

I love that you put the info (navigator's something - lol). It's so great how they outline what's happening in the kids club and stuff so if it's something you know your kids will love you make sure you have them there at that time.

We leave 4 weeks from today. So super excited!

Thank you so much for this amazing TR!
Yes I really recommend the bracelets. I rarely took them off. Stitch is pretty much a given I think. He came out a bunch of time during the cruise and shows so I think its a safe bet your son will be happy!

The lines for characters are nothing compared to WDW. You will barely have to wait so hopefully your husband won't mind as much!

You really should be!! Its so much fun! Thanks for following along with our adventures!

December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
Old 07-17-2012, 12:37 AM   #83
LittleGirlGrey
Mouseketeer

Love Love LOVE your TR

I think I'm about your age, and I'll be going on my fourth cruise with Disney to Hawaii in October with my Mom. Hazaa! But I LOVE your TR! I really want to do this cruise, and since I live in DC it could happen! HAzaa! Its also good to see what other people my age do on the ships!

I have a funny Goofy story if you want to hear it!

Cant wait for more!!!

One word love; curiosity. You long for freedom. You long to do what you want to do because you want it. To act on selfish impulse. You want to see what it's like. One day you won't be able to resist.
LittleGirlGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:45 AM   #84
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shippedtosea View Post
Thanks for writing a TR! We were on the next NY-Canada trip one week later and we had the same Head Server! (Do you remember her name - starts with "Z", but I can't remember exactly!)
Loving all the pictures, feels like I'm "back home"!

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:12 AM   #85
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleGirlGrey
I think I'm about your age, and I'll be going on my fourth cruise with Disney to Hawaii in October with my Mom. Hazaa! But I LOVE your TR! I really want to do this cruise, and since I live in DC it could happen! HAzaa! Its also good to see what other people my age do on the ships!

I have a funny Goofy story if you want to hear it!

Cant wait for more!!!
Thanks for reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1

Thanks for writing a TR! We were on the next NY-Canada trip one week later and we had the same Head Server! (Do you remember her name - starts with "Z", but I can't remember exactly!)
Loving all the pictures, feels like I'm "back home"!
Oh I'm terrible with names....I'll ask DH and see if he remembers! She was awesome and so nice!! Yeah that's why I write trip reports. Helps me with the withdrawal!

Old 07-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #86
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

I found her name: Zeljka! (Found the receipt from the tips)
She was really great. DH had special meals ordered and she came by every evening to talk about the next day's meals. She was sweet! When I get to Pirate Night on my TR I have a great picture with her and my kids!

Looking forward to reading more of yours!

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #87
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1 View Post
I found her name: Zeljka! (Found the receipt from the tips)
She was really great. DH had special meals ordered and she came by every evening to talk about the next day's meals. She was sweet! When I get to Pirate Night on my TR I have a great picture with her and my kids!

Looking forward to reading more of yours!
Oh thanks! I would have a great picture with her if I didn't close my eyes! She was really great.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #88
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Hey all! Hope your weekend was good!

Day 3

Halifax!

We were also given a shopping map:

So, we were up bright and early! We went back and forth on whether or not to do an excursion for this day. We decided right before we left to cancel all excursions and just enjoy the city. This ended up being the best decision for us.

We got dressed and headed up to Topsiders for a quick breakfast. My apologies, but we were so excited that I forgot to take photos! It was a rather boring breakfast. I was not very impressed by the buffet offerings - they are very similar to the buffets at WDW, which we aren't fans of. So we scarfed down our food and headed to deck 3 to disembark! I was very impressed how quick and easy the process was. I don't know why, but I was convinced it would take a while to get off.

We were let out into a market with lots of stores that I had read about. We decided to check it out later and headed straight into the town.

It was a beautiful day that started out a little cold and breezy. We walked along the water enjoying the morning. We really didn't have any plans for the day, just to explore and go to the Maritime Museum.

I see a big pretty ship!!

At every corner there was something to photograph. We stopped in to Rum Runners Cake factory to try some samples. I got a cake pop for myself and some cake to bring back for my mom.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:23 PM   #89
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

We looked around at a bunch of souvenir shops. I always look for an ornament on our trips so that was my goal. Luckily there were lots to choose from! This is the one I chose:

I love whales and DH loves puffins..so it was perfect!

I should have bought this hat for DH! He looks so cute:

I really enjoyed all of the shops, and it was a nice relaxing way to spend the morning. Everything was so close to the ship so even if you were on shore for only a few hours there is so much you can see.

Here are the other things I bought:

These were really pretty and were made from sand collected from different beaches around Nova Scotia. It is now one of my favorite necklaces!

A ride on this tug boat (a big star on Canadian TV, apparently) is part of one of the Port Adventures, but we were really more than fine just seeing the boat. I even bought my nephew a book about him!

This sign made me super happy:

After our nice stroll (and my shopping!), we decided to head over to the Maritime Museum. We are both really fascinated by Titanic and have watched a lot of documentaries about those events 100 years ago. So we were very much looking forward to seeing the exhibit.

The highlight of the museum was definitely the Titanic exhibit, and these models of all the classic cruise liners. They were so beautiful and intricate.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #90
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

The Titanic exhibit was a lot smaller then I thought it would be. It was still very interesting, but I did think there would be a lot more.

Coming up:

Oh here was the photo album we bought.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: