Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2012, 08:41 AM   #31
pammiesik
Earning My Ears

Just found your report, love it. We head out on the July 15th sailing and can hardly wait, but your report will make the time sail quickly by.
pammiesik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:06 AM   #32
AC & Savy's Mom
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for your trip report so far. We are going on the July 8th sailing, and can't wait! You are getting us super pumped for our trip! Glad you had a great time, and happy anniversary!
AC & Savy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #33
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post
Joining in! Hope your DH mellowed out for you.
Welcome! Haha...you'll have to wait to find out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pammiesik View Post
Just found your report, love it. We head out on the July 15th sailing and can hardly wait, but your report will make the time sail quickly by.
Welcome! Thanks for reading! I'm glad I can help make the time fly by!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC & Savy's Mom View Post
Thank you so much for your trip report so far. We are going on the July 8th sailing, and can't wait! You are getting us super pumped for our trip! Glad you had a great time, and happy anniversary!
Welcome! I'm so glad I can help! Thanks!

June 2004- WDW Offsite, May 2006-Disneyland Paris
December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
June 2011-WDW One Year Anniversary! Boardwalk Villas TR
June 2012-Disney Magic to Canada 2 year anniversary! TR
shippedtosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:17 PM   #34
lorimay
DIS Veteran

I love the pictures with city as a backdrop and the cars right there!!!

Great report!

I can't wait to be standing there looking at the city from "my" boat!
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #35
morgana316
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for this trip report, we are sailing to Canada in September, and we are 1st time cruisers, love all the info and pictures!
morgana316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:02 PM   #36
taximom00
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to hearing more...especially if you did excursions in Halifax and Saint John! We leave on July 8!!
taximom00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:04 PM   #37
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear more, we're doing the 5 night Canada cruise in September and I'd love to see some pics from the ports And Palo of course
DLP Santa Fe - Oct 2000 *DLP New York Hotel - Jan 2004 *WDW Grand Floridian/Beach Club - Sept 2005 *WDW Beach Club - Oct 2006 *DFTW WDW Wilderness Lodge Villas/Boardwalk Inn - Oct 2007 *DLP Sequoia Lodge - March 2008 *WDW Saratoga Springs - Dec 2008 *Swan and DCL Podcast cruise - May 2009 *WDW Beach Club Villas - Sept 2009 *DCL 11 night Med cruise - April 2010 *WDW Saratoga Springs/Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village/Bay Lake Towers and DCL Podcast cruise 2 - Dec 2010* WDW Old Key West - Dec 2011
Becx N Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:09 AM   #38
sari8970
Mouseketeer

We are going to Canada on an August cruise. I am so excited and so curious to hear the rest of your report. I read this to my DH and now he is flipping out because he wants to hear the rest - lol.

I sure hope you say it was absolutely amazing!
sari8970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:25 AM   #39
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay View Post
I love the pictures with city as a backdrop and the cars right there!!!

Great report!

I can't wait to be standing there looking at the city from "my" boat!
Yeah it's kind of crazy how close you are to the road! Thanks so much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgana316 View Post
Thanks so much for this trip report, we are sailing to Canada in September, and we are 1st time cruisers, love all the info and pictures!
Yay first time cruisers! We were so amazed by the ship and took lots of photos so I hope you won't be disappointed. I will also try and show/tell details that I wasn't sure about when we went. Hope I can answer some questions!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by taximom00 View Post
Looking forward to hearing more...especially if you did excursions in Halifax and Saint John! We leave on July 8!!
Uh oh then I better get moving! Haha. Only did an excursion in saint John. Omg you are so close!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becx N Gav View Post
Can't wait to hear more, we're doing the 5 night Canada cruise in September and I'd love to see some pics from the ports And Palo of course
Thanks for joining! Lots of that coming your way! If you hadn't guessed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sari8970 View Post
We are going to Canada on an August cruise. I am so excited and so curious to hear the rest of your report. I read this to my DH and now he is flipping out because he wants to hear the rest - lol.

I sure hope you say it was absolutely amazing!
Sorry to keep your DH waiting....I was going to post last night but I was too busy booking our vacation to the world for October!! I will try and post tonight or tomorrow!

December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
Old 06-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #40
MrShiny
DIS Veteran

Great!

Next trip:
Star Wars Celebration and COMMON Annual Meeting,
Disneyland Hotel April 2015

Last edited by MrShiny; 07-03-2012 at 08:45 AM.
MrShiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:28 AM   #41
cheryllarsen
Mouseketeer

Happy Anniversary!!
cheryllarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #42
cheryllarsen
Mouseketeer

What a fun way to celebrate!!
cheryllarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #43
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryllarsen View Post
Happy Anniversary!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryllarsen View Post
What a fun way to celebrate!!
Thanks so much!

Old 06-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #44
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Okay, let's finish this day up!

I forgot to post these in the earlier posts...here was our Navigator for the day.

There were two other ships at the terminal that left before us, so we hung around for about 30 minutes before we sailed off. It was so awesome to finally be moving and see NYC fly by...I believe my exact words were, "Goodbye NY! Goodbye Work! Glad I don't have to see you for a while!"

So I made it 'til we got about halfway down the island and then I headed in to start getting ready for dinner...like a few of you guessed, we had Palo tonight! EEK!

DH stayed out for a while though, so here is what he saw:

A bunch of cast members enjoying the sights!

After this, DH decided to come down and get ready. We had an 8pm reservation but we wanted to get ready before going to the show.

The first show, 'All Aboard', was super cute. We really enjoyed it. It was a very good way to start the cruise! We also saw a preview of the magic act. We knew right then that we would not be going to that particular show. Maybe some little kids enjoyed it?

After the show we walked around a little bit. We stopped in the shop to look at souvenirs. We didn't get anything just then, because we didn't want to bring it to Palo.

So after we walked around, we headed up to Palo. There was no wait, but just as we were about to be shown to our table the phone rang...and it was the captain! He was ordering dinner....we thought it was fun that we got to hear him order!

Then we were seated. The restaurant was only about half full, which surprised me..I'm not sure how full it gets...or if they purposely don't fill it.

Our waitress was very nice and she asked if their was any dietary needs. I told her I was a vegetarian and allergic to mushrooms. So when she brought the antipasti she left out the meat...(sorry DH!)
Antipasto Freddo - Prosciutto, Bresaola, Parmesan Reggiano, Marinated Olives and Sun-dried Tomatoes

This was so good! Especially the cheese.

We both got a Bellini.

DH looking all smart!

Mozzarella and Plum Tomatoes with Balsamic Dressing

This was my appetizer. It was really nice and light. The sauce was the best.

Sicilian Pesto Marinated Grilled Shrimp Salad
Served on a Mussel, Crab and Cherry Tomato Ragu

This was DH's appetizer. He thought this was amazing...especially because he doesn't normally get shrimp!

We were then given lemon sorbet as a palate cleanser.

mmmm...lemon anything is good by me.

Gnocchi di patate con Gorgonzola e Asparagi
Potato Gnocchi served with Gorgonzola Sauce with Asparagus

This was my main...
Gorgonzola cheese=fave
Gnocchi=fave
Main=amazing
YUM!

Beef Tenderloin "Palo"
Served with Palo Signature Barola Red Wine Sauce or Gorgonzola Sauce

Again...awesome. DH knew that the beef would be best in Palo and he was not disappointed!!

Around this time, a photographer came around and took our photo. We really liked it, so we bought this one too!

Old 06-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #45
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

So...being a DISer...and reading the boards...I knew right away what dessert I was having. DH followed and didn't even look at the menu! (This is unheard of.)

Chocolate Soufflé
With Vanilla Bean and Chocolate Sauce

Seriously there are no words. It is the richest, creamiest dessert ever.

But...we were also given this...

It was so nice of them! Up until they gave us this I didn't know if our anniversary was on our reservation. but it definitely was!

After a very relaxing (and filling!!) dinner, we dragged ourselves out and walked around the now very quiet ship. I guess most people go to sleep early on the first night? Very quiet.

Because it was so quiet, I had time to see my favorite mouse.

We went back to the shops...and I bought this sweatshirt I had eyed the second we walked past earlier in the day. Then we headed up to the Buena Vista Theatre to see Chimpanzee!

We had wanted to see this for a long time and were so happy when we saw it on the list of movies being shown! That sweatshirt came in handy because it was freezing. so I was so grateful to have it.

After the movie - which we loved btw - was over, we headed back to our room to get a good night's sleep for our first full day!

I forgot to mention earlier that we were involved in a Fish Extender exchange. This was our door on day one!

Already it was starting to fill up. We only bought along our name plates and the extender.

We were greeted with sexy Duffy

I decided to walk around and give out my gifts...I was still wide awake! So I roamed the eerie halls to deliver my presents. It's really weird to not see anyone in the halls!! Especially on decks 1 and 2 where you can hear the engine.

When I got back to the room I believe I tried to watch part of a movie, but was quickly out cold.

Coming up

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: