Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Two Year Anniversary, Sailing Away to Canada! - June 10-15, 2012 Day 4 Part 2 09/30

Hi all! You may have read my other trip reports that I have posted over the last 3 years....following our wedding planning, honeymoon and 1st anniversary..but this was our 2nd anniversary, 1st cruise and Disney's first time to Canada!

Meet us, Jenn and Luke

We would love if you followed along with our adventures as we take on Canada and excitedly explore the Disney Magic in some of the coldest winds the Magic has experienced!

June 2004- WDW Offsite, May 2006-Disneyland Paris
December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
June 2011-WDW One Year Anniversary! Boardwalk Villas TR
June 2012-Disney Magic to Canada 2 year anniversary! TR

Last edited by shippedtosea; 09-30-2012 at 09:46 PM.
shippedtosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:08 AM   #2
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

Well hello I remember following your wedding and Disneymoon trip report. Can't wait to read about your 2 year anniversary cruise! DH and I will be celebrating 2 years in August and we have an anniversary trip planned for October on the fantasy.
TinkLoverSam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2012, 06:37 AM   #3
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkLoverSam View Post
Well hello I remember following your wedding and Disneymoon trip report. Can't wait to read about your 2 year anniversary cruise! DH and I will be celebrating 2 years in August and we have an anniversary trip planned for October on the fantasy.
Hi! Thanks for reading along! Happy early 2 years....seems like it flew by right? A trip on the Fantasy should be amazing! I'd love to see photos when you are done.

December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
Old 06-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #4
chiefdragon
DIS Veteran

Happy 2nd Anniversary. DH and I will be parting in this cruise on August 5th to celebrate our 17th anniversary. Can not wait to read more.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #5
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefdragon View Post
Happy 2nd Anniversary. DH and I will be parting in this cruise on August 5th to celebrate our 17th anniversary. Can not wait to read more.
thank you! Oh I think you will really enjoy it! Congrats on 17 years that's really awesome. Thanks for reading along!

Old 06-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #6
disneymagic316
DVC Owner since 2000
BWV VB SSR HHI

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefdragon View Post

We're also on the Aug. 5 cruise. My sister and her DH will be celebrating their 25th anniversary on the cruise.
SSR Oct. 17-19 2014,
OKW Oct. 19-23,2014
Last WDW trips:
OKW- March 27-April 2
SSR Oct. 23- 28, 2013 OKW Oct. 28-29,2013
HHI- Oct. 29-Nov. 1, 2013
DCL- '01 Eastern Caribbean, ' 03 Western Caribbean, '05- Mexican Riviera, '07 Mediterranean, '09 Tortola,
2011 Inaugural Alaska Cruise, Aug 5,20102 NYC Canada-New England, Disney Fantasy- July 20-27,2013.

Next DCL- Disney Dream Oct. 2014
disneymagic316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #7
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Hey all! sorry for the delay...lets get this started!

Okay so...as I said before, this was our first cruise. We are sort of obsessed with WDW, but this year we decided to mix things up...and what better way to do it than the first ever sailing from NYC to Canada?! I will say this...it took a lot of convincing to get DH to agree. He is very afraid of water...and heights... so what better thing for a wife to suggest then a big boat in the Atlantic?! From day one this was definitely a trip for 'me'...which, btw, so was the first time we went to WDW. So, leading up to the cruise, I planned and planned and DH...tolerated. He was definitely getting nervous!

Here are our bags all set the evening before.

So ready! You might notice that we chose to take one very large suitcase...good idea in theory...

So, bright and early Sunday morning (like 7am), we woke up and got ready...I was itching to leave even though it only takes about 45 mins to get to the port from our apartment. So we decided to take the subway. Oh, that one large bag? Weighed a ton. DH was not thrilled. But we made it on and off the subway and got off at 49th Street.

Our friends, who are also very into Disney but have not experienced a Disney cruise, were excitedly waiting at the station to walk with us and see how beautiful the Magic really is (manly beauty!), so we hauled our luggage down the street...and when we were about 3 avenues away....we heard the magical sound...

...the horn! Seriously...it was so amazing to hear it...we still couldn't see the ship but we knew it was waiting for us at the end of the street!

So we got to the end and you could just see it behind the terminal. We walked past all the sad looking people gripping their Disney cruise line bags waiting for taxis (a glimpse of the future...). Crossing the street, we finally got a proper view of our home for the next week!

Enter here to have lots of fun!

omg...lets go!

Our friends went up the elevator with us...we gave our bag to a random man with a trolley... seriously....weird way to get rid of your checked luggage. He said 'Disney?' we said 'yes' and he took our bags...I expected a check list or something...weird.

Then we sadly had to say goodbye to our friends and we were ready!

We walked down the long hallway...through the metal detectors...which were a lot more relaxed than at the airport. Really, I walked through the metal detector with my coffee in hand? Yeah...that was weird to me too (not complaining, I needed coffee...)

There was a rather short line (it was about 10.30am) and we got our photos taken and were handed our Keys to the World and a boarding number. We were both so very excited (DH was getting a little less scared).

omg it is Donald...and I am about to go on a cruise!

Yay!

So we sat toward the back of the terminal, trying to get away from the crowds...near a nice Disney cruise back drop...that I said I wanted a photo in front of.....no sooner had the words left my mouth than I saw a giant red, white and blue MOUSE come through the doors and stand happily in front!

No...I did not realize they would come into the terminal (I should have...) I quickly grabbed DH and we were on line.

Yeah!

There is a good chance he is sick of me already! ha....nah he is just nervous.

He did not feel like getting up to meet Minnie.....but I did!

Old 06-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #8
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

So...we weren't seated long when they started calling boarding numbers! We really didn't know how many people were in each boarding group....or how quickly it would go by. 1......2-3.....4-6! omg 7 GO!

haha....so we grabbed our bags and headed down the small hallway to get checked in.

We then walked outside and they had backdrops to take welcome photos. We didn't buy many photos...but we really liked this one:

Then we were making our way to board.

I was so amazed at how quickly the boarding process was! Before we knew it we were giving our name and getting welcomed by the Disney Magic!

Those of you who have never been on a cruise...there are no words for how beautiful the first view of the atrium is....we were both like this no pictures do it justice.

We were led down the line and told that we could go to Parrot Cay or Topsiders for lunch. I already knew I wanted Parrot, so that's where we went!

We rolled down to PC, parked our carry-on in the sea of suitcases left at the entrance and were seated quickly.

I'm so into theming in restaurants and this certainly didn't disappoint!

DH....still very nervous and shocked I got him on a boat!

I went up first

Now I have to say...I'm not a big buffet fan....but Parrot Cay had a good buffet! I very much enjoyed this.

I didn't mention before, but I am a vegetarian...so a veggie friendly buffet gets a big from me!

and.....because I was clearly too excited...I forgot to photograph DH's plate...so here's another photo of just him!

Now like any good meal....dessert had to come....and omg so so good.

Mine...that little white pot....was so amazing. it was white chocolate raspberry parfait...omg...

DH's....when it comes to dessert...we think alike!

So verdict for first buffet of our cruise? Super good! We very much enjoyed it. Not sure if Topsiders is the same...it wasn't the same as Parrot Cay for breakfast other days.

So I will leave you there...coming up...touring the ship and sailing away!

Old 06-23-2012, 10:56 PM   #9
DisneytheKid
A bad attempt at Billy the Kid

Can't wait to read the rest!!!
Countless times during the 80's and 90's
DisneytheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:38 AM   #10
Tiggeye
Been there, done that, going back

Can't wait to read more! Forty-one days til we cruise.

Tiggeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #11
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh...you look so excited! And I love your dress!

I have to agree...Parrot Cay's embarkation buffet was good for us veggies. There was enough to keep us happy. Curious to hear your thoughts on the other evenings, and if you tried out Palo. (We just sailed the Magic in May.)

Oh, and your boarding pic is so cute!

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #12
purplern
DIS Veteran

Dixie landings-92 Carribean beach-03 AKL-03 Wilderness lodge-04 POR-06 Disney Wonder-06 Grand Floridian & Disney Magic 08
purplern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #13
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneytheKid View Post
Can't wait to read the rest!!!
Welcome! Thanks for reading!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggeye View Post
Can't wait to read more! Forty-one days til we cruise.
Welcome! thanks for reading along! 41 days will fly by before you know it! Exciting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
Oh my gosh...you look so excited! And I love your dress!

I have to agree...Parrot Cay's embarkation buffet was good for us veggies. There was enough to keep us happy. Curious to hear your thoughts on the other evenings, and if you tried out Palo. (We just sailed the Magic in May.)

Oh, and your boarding pic is so cute!
hahaha yeah I was so excited! DH said he was surprised at how excited I was....like the first time we went to WDW! Thanks so much!

Just keep on reading...Palo is coming later in the first day!

Thanks so much! We really like it. now we need a frame.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplern View Post
Welcome! Thanks for reading!

Old 06-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #14
purplern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shippedtosea View Post
Welcome! Thanks for reading!
You're welcome!! We are going Sept 2 and cant wait! Happy 2nd Anniversary~

Dixie landings-92 Carribean beach-03 AKL-03 Wilderness lodge-04 POR-06 Disney Wonder-06 Grand Floridian & Disney Magic 08

Last edited by purplern; 06-25-2012 at 02:09 PM.
purplern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #15
Donald & Daisy Duck
I even put ketchup on my tag!

Very excited to read the rest of your TR...we are cruising Sept. 12th to Canada for our 25th anniversary and cannot wait to hear how your trip went!!

Happy 2nd Anniversary!!

Donald & Daisy Duck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: