Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #31
mommy2tati
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcasar View Post
on the eighth floor the laundry room is aft, so you would have the option of going down one floor to use the laundry. I have not checked but I wonder if the laundry rooms alternate fore and aft this way on alternating floors.
They do alternate. I stayed in 9634 on the Dream and always went down 1 floor to the laundry when necessary. I checked all the locations on the deck plans.

April 2009 - Disney Wonder
August 2011 - Disney Dream
February 2012 - Disney Dream
August 2012 - Disney Magic
August 2013 - Disney Fantasy Eastern
mommy2tati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:33 PM   #32
scootch
DIS Veteran

I stayed both on the Dream. I liked midship better. We always take the stairs anyhow, so elevators were not an issue. The Aft had alot of vibration when docking. It wasn't horrid, but we felt zero movement in our midship room. Midship room was also easier to get to wherever.... whereas aft, if you had to go clear forward, it was a trek. We had inside porthole rooms(which we loved) on both.
~~Nov 2005 Contemporary
~~November 2006 Contemporary Making memories with my 21 year old niece with cancer
Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007
~~November 2007 WL
~~Nov 08 VWL
~~Nov 09 WDW BLT DiscoveryCove SeaWorld and DCL Wonder
~~April 2011 B2B Disney Dream
~~Nov 2011 WDW/BLT
~~Nov 2012 VWL/ Eastern Fantasy
~~ June 2013 DISNEYLAND/CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
~~Feb 2014 Contemporary/ Disney Eastern Fantasy
~~Nov 2014 Disney Grand Floridian Villas
scootch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #33
Andreia
You're never too old to become younger!

Hello! Me and my family will be on 01-06-2013 Disney Dream at room 9662! Can you give more details or better, do you have some pics from the room? Thank you so much! (first time we cruise)
Andreia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #34
canadiandisneyfamof4
Mouseketeer

We were on deck 9 right by the Aft Elevators. I loved this location. Easy for Cabanas and when the gangway is Aft. I don't mind the walk forward because sometime we dropped the kids off at the club which is on the way to the forward part of the ship.

You are also close to the adult night life and the Aft Elevators are typically the least busy.
canadiandisneyfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #35
jenifred
Mouseketeer

We have done aft and midsip on the Dream. I have to say I prefered midship. Walking and location was not the problem at all. In fact, since we had no kids and spent a lot of time in the District, aft was a better location. It was the shaking while coming into port that was the problem. First morning I was up early and the in gym, so it was not a big deal. But the second morning, when I decided to sleep in, it woke me up. I had no problems with shaking while in motion, only when docking. Not a huge deal, but if I could pick, I'd go midship.

jenifred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #36
piglet33
DIS Veteran

We were in 10160 on the Dream last year and loved it. Never noticed any vibrations or noise from Cabanas. We're in 9172 on the Fantasy this year. We love aft rooms, and the large verandahs.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #37
luvmy2kids
Mouseketeer

We did not stay in the AFT area, but did notice a vibration when we went to that part of the ship. I do remember telling my husband I would not want a room back there because of the vibration on the Fantasy. Hope that helps;/)
Old 10-08-2012, 01:49 PM   #38
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

We just got off the 7 night Western on the Fantasy and were 8178, pretty much all the way AFT.
We love the location, and had no issue with any vibrations.....

May 2014 (BLT), Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:36 AM   #39
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

We were as far AFT as one could be---7190. Loved it. Felt some mild vibration occasionally. The walk to midship was long and strangely the AFT elevators did not go all the way down to the lower decks. Loved the convenience to Cabanas and Animator's though. Liked it so much we booked AFT 9172 for next year.

MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:27 AM   #40
baleeve
"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere -- I want it more than I can tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootch
I stayed both on the Dream. I liked midship better. We always take the stairs anyhow, so elevators were not an issue. The Aft had alot of vibration when docking. It wasn't horrid, but we felt zero movement in our midship room. Midship room was also easier to get to wherever.... whereas aft, if you had to go clear forward, it was a trek. We had inside porthole rooms(which we loved) on both.
Great to know. I just changed from a 5E Aft to an mid deck 2 11C because my boys wanted a magical porthole. I was really worried I could regret it.

Dance Team WDW Jul 80 Navy Graduation EPCOT Mar 88 Disneyland Mom 1 day trip April 88 Carnival Jubilee Aug 91 MK 1 day Mom Mar 95 Johns 1st visit POR Apr 96 WDW FWC Trip with Papa Sep 97 WDW FWC Family trip Dec 98 WDW POFQ/FWC - Work trip Mar 01 Sovereign of the Seas Sept 00 Owens 1st visit FWCG March 03 WDW 8 months prego w/Brady Jan 05 Carnival Fantasy Jun 07 WDW 1 day AK trip Mom Jan 08 Brady's 1st visit/Mardi Gras POFQ Feb 09 First Xmas at WDW/1st year remission celebration POP Dec 10 WDW AKL 4th yr remission celebration Aug 13 Magic/LBV/DTD Feb 2014
baleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:37 AM   #41
Princess_Kayla
Pre Published Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollipop's Mom View Post
Did you like it or wish you were more mid-ship? Did you feel really removed from most stuff/long walks - or ??
I personally didn't stay in an Aft I was Mid, but a family friend was in the Aft (room 6690 on the Dream) and she loved it. Her balcony was huge! The walk was a bit long from the Mid but if You go down the Aft Elevators it won't be so bad. I didn't like the rocking of the boat you could feel but that was only on the last night. Other than that I never really noticed the boat rocking. The Aft isn't that bad but I liked where I was (room 8084 on the Dream) it was right by the elevators (: Literally, I would go out of the elevators turn left and turn left one more time and right there it was! :D

Dream~06/15/12 Fantasy~05/31/14
Princess_Kayla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: