Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #16
SharonK0527
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM1001 View Post
The strong G's on Manta are from that pretzel loop,which at least for me is one of the most intense maneuvers on any coaster,your description states my point that different people can tolerate different things whereas one person might ride a coaster and not bother them at all,someone else will have a totally different reaction.For example I do agree that RnRc does give me a bit of neck banging even though it's not a major coaster.On the other hand Kraken,Mummy,and even some of the biggest coasters on the planet like Millenium Force at Cedar Point I would ride all day long if I could,in fact I think one time near closing I rode Kraken like 15 times in the last hour of operation.Manta is a pretty enjoyable ride except for that pretzel loop,I think the most I could do that ride in one day would be like 2 times,only because of those 3 seconds when the ride does the pretzel loop,I know other people feel it as well but I think that sensation might bother me more than others,I can handle 300 foot drops at 90 mph but Manta's loop REALLY bothers me.
I agree with Doom - every ride affects people differently. I can take the loops and upside-down maneuvers all day long but I can't do big drops. Rock n Roller Coaster, Manta, Dueling Dragons - none of those have a big straight-down drop like Kraken and Millennium Force (what I consider "traditional" coasters). Usually coasters like the ones I like, the only "drops" are part of the loops and that doesn't bother me. It's the 'climbing the big hill', 'crest over the top', 'drop straight down' stuff that I can't stand. I remember the pretzel loop on Manta but it didn't "bother" me. I felt the sensation but at the time I thought it was really fun. To be honest, the worst part of the ride for me was at the end when the ride was over. We had to wait a good 1-2 minutes for the car in front of us to finish before they pulled us in to unload us. Just hanging there face-down was very physically uncomfortable, especially on my knees. Overall we loved the ride and would definitely do it again.

Sharon
Mom to Savannah, age 11
Pickerington, OH
Owner at Summer Bay Resort

SharonK0527 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: