Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2012, 11:58 PM   #1
BobbyRach
Mouseketeer

Disney Photo Pass+

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has used the new Disney Photo Pass+ yet? Also are you able to order it in advance being from Australia...

thanks
BobbyRach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:07 AM   #2
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!

Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?

I haven't used the + yet, but I have done the prepurchase before.

When you prepurchase, it just gives you a credit against your account, so when you go back later and get your photos and order the CD, it takes the CD price off your order (you still need to pay the postage for the CD)
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2012, 12:21 AM   #3
Travel Mum
DIS Veteran

I've not used the + version either but I did easily prepurchase the photo pass from here in NZ and it was very easy. It was worth every cent
Disneyland and DCA - May 2006 - our children's first Disney trip
Disneyland - May 1996
Disneyland - March 1995 - for our 1st wedding anniversary celebration trip
Disneyland lots of times 78-80, 82-86 and 92-93 when I lived in L.A.
Travel Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:50 AM   #4
BobbyRach
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the replies. I think we will definitely go with the plus version as it includes ride photos which will be cool.

I wasn't sure how to go about printing photos from here once we got back home or if i should do it while still in America?
BobbyRach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:56 AM   #5
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!

Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRach View Post
Thanks so much for the replies. I think we will definitely go with the plus version as it includes ride photos which will be cool.

I wasn't sure how to go about printing photos from here once we got back home or if i should do it while still in America?
You get the photos on a cd. You can change the photos that they take, add borders, signatures and fun little add ons on the photopass website before you put them onto the CD. So you save the original photo as it is, then you have another one with borders. Sometimes I have done multiple borders around a photos so have the original and two or three others with different borders.

Once you get the CD in the post (which arrives quite quickly once you have got the photos from your photopass into your account and made changes and ordered the CD) you can take the CD into any photo processing place, Harvey Norman, Big W, KMart etc and print them from the CD, or you can put the CD in your computer and print them at home. Works really well.

I have also ordered from photopass, mugs, a photobook, christmas ornaments, mouse pads... all with photopass photos on them.
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:19 AM   #6
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

have to preorder mine..love the shots they do, especially at night....memories..priceless
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:33 AM   #7
ExcitedSam
Mouseketeer

Assuming everyone's seen this thread?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2942216

One question, if you have 30 days to purchase your pics, when does the 30 days start? We are going to Disney first, so if it starts on the first day there and we are there by the time we get home I'll only have about 6 days to get it sorted.

So if you get the CD do they just automatically send you the CD with ALL the pictures, or do you choose which ones you want? Where do you add the borders and such? At the photo place there or online later?

Last edited by ExcitedSam; 06-24-2012 at 12:45 AM.
ExcitedSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #8
diannesa
Earning My Ears

I've ordered the photopass CD (not the plus) after being there 4 times previously and they start sending you emails saying when the photos will expire prior to them expiring so don't panic. You can always pay a little bit extra for more time too but I've never had to do that. Hope this helps.

btw - I'll be ordering the plus now I've discovered I won't have to pay for ride photos with my 4 kids this time! Bonus! We don't do character meals though as I can't justify the cost for 6 people - unless someone can tell me a cheaper way lol!
diannesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #9
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcitedSam View Post
Assuming everyone's seen this thread?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2942216

One question, if you have 30 days to purchase your pics, when does the 30 days start? We are going to Disney first, so if it starts on the first day there and we are there by the time we get home I'll only have about 6 days to get it sorted.

So if you get the CD do they just automatically send you the CD with ALL the pictures, or do you choose which ones you want? Where do you add the borders and such? At the photo place there or online later?
You have 30 days to claim the pictures from when they were taken. So if you have online access whilst you were away, you might want to consider claiming them just before you come home. The alternative is to get online quickly from when you get home and claim them.

Once you have claimed them i.e., associated the picture/id number to your account, you have another 30 days to purchase them. This should give you time to add the borders and such.

The Disney Photopass site will let you add borders/signatures/print sizes etc. I would recommend that you organise as many variations of the pictures that you want...particularly the different print sizes; just in case. If I recall correctly, you will need to save each variation as a different version of the picture. Saving the different print sizes will allow you to choose what size you might want to print them out of back here. I made a mistake in not doing so and some of the borders did get chopped a little when I wanted a bigger print. Don't forget to keep the original picture as a version.

Once you have finished with your edits, you will need to go in and ORDER your CD. You won't need to select the pictures you want or anything. By ordering the CD, Disney will send you everything in the account.
The CD won't be automatically sent to you unless you complete the order.

Once you have placed the order, the prepaid amount will be credited to your account. I believe that you will need to pay for shipping charges at this stage, so have your CC handy.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #10
meandmygirl
Mouseketeer

Just ordered one - thanks!

Thought it would be easier to get one of these then we can all be in the photos - I am determined not to be behind the camera much this holiday!

meandmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #11
Aust
DIS Veteran

I ordered mine last Thursday I think, got an email saying it was shipped on Friday. I think it's a bargain, especially for the character meal and ride photos.
2007 DLR (DLH)
1991 DL Tokyo
Aust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:10 AM   #12
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

I too have ordered mine and was very impressed it has the ride pics and the character meals too! I also paid for mine online and have already received an email to say it has been shipped.

I am hoping the pre loaded picture cd they send will have new photos on from Carsland.....now that would be cool!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 07:29 AM   #13
disneyaussiemum
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRach View Post
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has used the new Disney Photo Pass+ yet? Also are you able to order it in advance being from Australia...

thanks
I pre ordered on last weekend and it arrive today. It won't get used until we arrive in DL in September.

The photos on the CD are from 2011 so unfortunately no Cars Land :-(

DLR, and South West USA Sept 2012

DLR - 1998, 2010
WDW - 2005
disneyaussiemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:47 AM   #14
carrothead73
Earning My Ears

I've just been doing a quick bit of research into the photopass plus. It looks like a great deal and I'm planning on getting one before we leave. The thing is that we still have three months before we leave so my question is does it matter how long you order it before you use it? If I order it now is it too early? I suspect not but i didn't want to order it then have it expire on me...

Thanks

Natalie
carrothead73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:29 AM   #15
Toy Story
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrothead73 View Post
I've just been doing a quick bit of research into the photopass plus. It looks like a great deal and I'm planning on getting one before we leave. The thing is that we still have three months before we leave so my question is does it matter how long you order it before you use it? If I order it now is it too early? I suspect not but i didn't want to order it then have it expire on me...

Thanks

Natalie
Hi,

Your purchase should not does not expire. I think there is a timeframe to claim your photopass photos from them being taken (Disney is always the final stage of our trip) and you have thirty days to sort your photos out once you log the card numbers.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: