Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 10:35 PM   #1
Dexican
Mouseketeer

Fastest way to get to RSR

Just a quick question we are leaving next week to go to Cars Land. From the DLR entrance what's the quickest way to get to RSR and it's Fastpass Distributor?
Old 06-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexican View Post
Just a quick question we are leaving next week to go to Cars Land. From the DLR entrance what's the quickest way to get to RSR and it's Fastpass Distributor?
Follow the mob. Or just study the map online.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #3
Badge
Mouseketeer

The fastest way is to follow the crowds

If you are talking about getting there in the morning (which I assume you are since you mention FP which will be gone in an hour or less after the park opens for the next few months) when the park opens, you will have to walk with the cast members that will be at the front of the park. They will hold a rope and walk you past the FP area and into Carsland. You CANNOT get around them. They will most likely take the path from the main entrance, past the Carthy Circle restaurant on the right hand side and walk back toward Carsland passing the bugs life area on your left. Going to the other two entry points will take longer.

E3(!!!!!!!!!!!!) in June
Disneyland and Universal Hollywood in July
Universal Orlando and WDW either Oct (if I can work up the nerve to do HHN) or in Dec.
Badge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:57 PM   #4
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Disneyland Correspondent for The DIS UnpluggedI'll try to pop in later
Doh! Yeah, that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badge View Post

If you are talking about getting there in the morning (which I assume you are since you mention FP which will be gone in an hour or less after the park opens for the next few months) when the park opens, you will have to walk with the cast members that will be at the front of the park. They will hold a rope and walk you past the FP area and into Carsland. You CANNOT get around them. They will most likely take the path from the main entrance, past the Carthy Circle restaurant on the right hand side and walk back toward Carsland passing the bugs life area on your left. Going to the other two entry points will take longer.
It's been a long week, but wouldn't Carthay Circle Restaurant be on the left side also?
ImTooExcitedToSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:36 AM   #5
Princess Sleepy
DIS Veteran

I am assuming that FP machines don't open until the official park opening (i.e. not for AP holders or on-site guests who got in an hour early). So if I'm there at rope drop and go right for a FP, I will get one?

Feb 2009: Poly Jan 2010: Pop
June 2010: CBR October 2011: The Dream
November 2011: POR May 2012: AKV- Kidani
February 2013: POR May 2013: CBR December 2013: The Fantasy
Princess Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #6
Badge
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTooExcitedToSleep View Post
It's been a long week, but wouldn't Carthay Circle Restaurant be on the left side also?
Well, what I meant was you will walk past Carthay on IT'S right side. Sorry, should have been a little more clear but yes, Carthay will be on your left as well as bugs life

E3(!!!!!!!!!!!!) in June
Disneyland and Universal Hollywood in July
Universal Orlando and WDW either Oct (if I can work up the nerve to do HHN) or in Dec.
Badge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #7
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Doh! Yeah, that one

Quote:
Well, what I meant was you will walk past Carthay on IT'S right side. Sorry, should have been a little more clear but yes, Carthay will be on your left as well as bugs life
Ah...the PATH on the right hand side of the Carthay. It helps that I finally got sleep last night.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #8
Karenann*
Wishing upon a Star...

Quote:

Will CMs walk the crowd to the FP location for RSR as well?
Old 06-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #9
subtchr
DIS Veteran

And I'll add another question - which probably will not be answered until Monday with the first DCA EMH - if entering through the GCH entrance for DCA EMH, what is the best way to get to Cars Land? To the right or left around GRR?

Or will it be better to use the main gate?

We will be staying at GCH Wed-Fri next week, planning to use the EMH Friday.

Thanks for any insights!

Ft. Wilderness Campground '77, Offsite '81, '83, Dixie Landings '97, Shades of Green '00, DL/DCA Offsite '02, Contemporary '03, AKL '04, SoG/HRH '06, PPH, DL/DCA '06, ASMu 2/09, Beach Club 12/09, Numerous trips as a group tour guide (best job ever!), GC DL/DCA 6/12, Universal Orlando 12/14

My June '06 trip report December 09 Beach Club trip report

subtchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #10
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Doh! Yeah, that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtchr View Post
And I'll add another question - which probably will not be answered until Monday with the first DCA EMH - if entering through the GCH entrance for DCA EMH, what is the best way to get to Cars Land? To the right or left around GRR?
My advice is not based on efficiency,but trust me...go the right and enter Cars Land through Pacific Wharf if at all possible.

That's the best initial view of Cars Land.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #11
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtchr View Post

Or will it be better to use the main gate?

We will be staying at GCH Wed-Fri next week, planning to use the EMH Friday.

Thanks for any insights!
Quote:
My advice is not based on efficiency,but trust me...go the right and enter Cars Land through Pacific Wharf if at all possible.

I wholeheartedly agree.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #12
DisneytheKid
A bad attempt at Billy the Kid

Good to know!

Quote:

Countless times during the 80's and 90's
DisneytheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #13
lk2500
Mouseketeer

Quote:

you will have to walk with the cast members that will be at the front of the park.
Ah, I didn't realize you had to walk with the cast members. That actually makes sense, keep things from getting disorderly. I wonder if they've had any problems the past few days?

Has anyone ever been to gate opening at SFMM? It's pretty humorous - as soon as the gates open every able bodied thrill rider sprints to X2 at top speed to get in line (and I'm right there with them). Same thing at Cedar Point in Ohio, the employees call rope drop "The Running of the Bulls". Lol...
lk2500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: