Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2014, 08:45 AM   #1
amycishere
DIS Veteran

How much monorail noise in a CR 6th floor Theme Park view room?

Hello everyone, there is only ONE room with a roll in shower that is Theme Park view in the CR and given my special needs I need that room. I have never stayed in the Tower before, twice I have stayed in the Garden Wing. People talk about the monorail noise on the lower floors but I also hear that they are very well insulated rooms. Please, give my an idea of the noise/shakiness. I am a light sleeper but a mild sleep aid like Tylenol PM will knock me out when need be. I am a bit concerned as I know the monorail is on the 4th floor. When I had lost the roll in shower room then got it back, I did find out that it is located mid tower. Thank you!!!!

Last edited by amycishere; 07-17-2014 at 09:04 AM.
amycishere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:24 AM   #2
HelenParr
DIS Veteran

We have stayed CR 6th floor with theme park view and the monorail did not bother us at all. Not even once. YMMV, but we've had more noise, for example, at YC/BC (which we still love, but can be loud) due to seemingly thin walls and loud neighbors.

Have a great trip!!
HelenParr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2014, 09:44 AM   #3
parkluvr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amycishere View Post
Hello everyone, there is only ONE room with a roll in shower that is Theme Park view in the CR and given my special needs I need that room. I have never stayed in the Tower before, twice I have stayed in the Garden Wing. People talk about the monorail noise on the lower floors but I also hear that they are very well insulated rooms. Please, give my an idea of the noise/shakiness. I am a light sleeper but a mild sleep aid like Tylenol PM will knock me out when need be. I am a bit concerned as I know the monorail is on the 4th floor. When I had lost the roll in shower room then got it back, I did find out that it is located mid tower. Thank you!!!!

The monorail is actually on the 5th floor, but we have stayed on the 6th floor before and it really was not bad at all. I think you will hear the people getting on the monorail more than the monorail itself, but I would not worry about it or let it affect your plans. Have fun.
parkluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:40 AM   #4
amycishere
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for the positive feedback! This is the news I was hoping to hear! Does anyone know about when at night th monorail stops running in the resort?
amycishere is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: