Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 05:23 AM   #571
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Thats a bummer that the cake didn't come out the way you wanted and that it cost almost double what you were expecting!

Your meal itself looks really good! I wish I could get just the dessert from Narcossees though!
Yes, the dessert was amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
At least your Narcoosees dinner was memorable....if not for the great food, the hilarity that Andrew created with the "re-decorated" cake. What a sweetie!

I would love to dine at Narcoosees sometime and even more so now that I see what a wonderful view of the fireworks are right outside the windows.

I was going to help you out with the gelato frizzante but Jabead is on it!! She's the queen of menus at this point I'm sure!
The food was very good. We enjoyed every bite of what we ate. Nothing, other than that cheesecake, was "the best of the trip". But all together it was a great meal.

I knew many would know the dessert! Thank you for wanting to help!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:06 AM   #572
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

I loved your Le Cellier review. I'd never seen a review of the amaretto cheesecake. Excellent!

I've eaten at 98 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (40%)
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #573
jabead
DIS Veteran

Ok, I think you just convinced me to add Narcoossee's back in to my list for our possible March trip. Now I just have to figure out which restaurant to give the "heave-ho". And so the ADR shuffle begins...and I still have to convince my DH that we are going!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #574
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

I loved Via Napoli as well and I can't wait to go there again! The zeppole is sooooo good! And I'm glad that your dinner at Narcoossee's did not disappoint (even though the look of the cake did). But Andrew is such a sweetheart, trying to make his mom feel better! And it made for a good story and photo! I would love to try the pea & mascarone ravioli and it goes without saying that I'd love to try the amaretto cheesecake! Yum!
Tracerr00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #575
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Friday, August 31st was what is traditionally my favorite day of any WDW trip ... our Snack around the World Day! And since today is EPCOT's Anniversary, it is appropriate that I post this tonight.

First stop for us was the Rose & Crown Pub ...

We shared the English Bulldog ...

And the Scotch Egg

The English Bulldog is something I have wanted to try since I read about it a few years ago. It was good but not as great as I had it in my mind. Very tasty though. Don't know that I could eat a whole one, glad we split.

The Scotch Egg was wonderful as usual. This is one of our favorite Disney treats as it is the only time of year we eat them.

Artsy pic of DS ... love the way this came out ...

The off to France. DH had a beer at Rose & Crown so he didn't want anything sweet. DS had a almond triangle and I tried the Napoleon for the first time ...

Oh my! How have I not had this wonderful creamy treat before! This is possibly my new favorite WDW treat.

Next up was Japan where DH and I sampled some sake

DS and I share the spicy tuna roll

And we all had the Beef Udon

The Udon was surprisingly good. Salty broth with a good beef flavor and the noodles had some texture to them. Good but probably not the smartest choice on a hot August day!

In Italy, DS tried this ...

I am sorry to say that I don't know what it is! Gelato, but I don't remember the type. He really liked it.

Off to Germany for DH to have a beer and a brat ...

This is a must for us each trip. This year, I only had a bite. Sauerkraut is on the side as DH doesn't like it but he knows I do.

DS and I had some caramel treats ...

Marshmallows ...

Pineapple

And after the discussions here on the Dis, I had to try the grapes

I didn't have any of the marshmallow. Really loved the pineapple. Juicy and drippy and delicious! The grapes were Ok, I didn't love or hate them. Glad I tried them once.

Off to China where DH grabbed the pork buns ...

I was surprised how much I liked these. Slightly sweet roll, BBQ pork inside. Very tasty.

He also picked up a drink he thought I would like. I don't remember the name but it was coffee, tea, chocolate and bourbon! No idea why he thought I would like this as I HATE anything coffee. We let DS have a couple of sips and he loved it.

Last up was Mexico where we shared the Nachos

And churros with caramel cream

Very tasty way to end the snacking part of the day! We then spent a couple of hours going back & forth between Off Kilter and British Revolution before our upcoming dinner at Tokyo Dining!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
Old 10-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #576
Susan388
Earning My Ears

Love your reviews. I have one question - and I might have missed this somewhere - Does your OOP amount include tips?
Old 10-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #577
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan388 View Post
Love your reviews. I have one question - and I might have missed this somewhere - Does your OOP amount include tips?
Thank you and No, I figure tipping is a personal thing and somewhat controversial here on the Dis so I have not included what we tipped.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #578
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Oh wow! What an excellent review! I didn't even know some of those snack existed!

I've eaten at 98 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (40%)
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #579
sushi candy
Foodie

Fantastic snacks review!! I really wish I made room for that Napoleon or the rest of the wonderful examples you provided.
sushi candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #580
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

That is the type of dining day that I want sometime soon!! No dining plans just all manner of snack and drinks!! Go at your own pace and enjoy!

So funny that you and Mr. DDW had similar snacks - chocolate covered pineapple - and you both liked it! The chocolate covered grapes not so much.

I am not a kraut lover but I definitely want to try a brat.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:22 AM   #581
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Oh wow! What an excellent review! I didn't even know some of those snack existed!
Thank you! I don't think it is possible to have every snack. I try to get something new each trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi candy View Post
Fantastic snacks review!! I really wish I made room for that Napoleon or the rest of the wonderful examples you provided.
The Napoleon was truly heaven. We plan to focus on F&W in November but I am definitely making room for one of those!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
That is the type of dining day that I want sometime soon!! No dining plans just all manner of snack and drinks!! Go at your own pace and enjoy!

So funny that you and Mr. DDW had similar snacks - chocolate covered pineapple - and you both liked it! The chocolate covered grapes not so much.

I am not a kraut lover but I definitely want to try a brat.
Yes, definitely plan a snack around the world day! We do it every year! We snack and enjoy the EPCOT entertainment. Very relaxing kind of day.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:57 AM   #582
Roma
Mouseketeer

I had no idea you could get a scotch egg from the Rose & Crown Pub! I was crestfallen thinking that I would have to have an ADR at R&C to get one. I will definitely be adding the pub to our Epcot list so I can get my hands on one of those puppies . Like you I prefer to keep my scotch egg intake to one a year or so. I looked up some recipes on how to make them myself once and was instantly scared away by the calorie count!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #583
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

I love your snack day!!! I would love to do that next time. How fun and delicious! Sorry that the English Bulldog wasn't amazing but it sure looks good!

I also love the picture of Andrew with the blue tones of his shirt. Very nice.
Tracerr00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #584
bigal'sdaughter
Mouseketeer

Jumping out of lurking to say thank you!

For your amazing review! We have just booked for February and we are trying La hacienda for the first time! Your review is making me so happy! We also are huge fans of the plaza! With little kids it is a nice break from all of the action and excitement that is MK!
Can't wait to read more!
Old 10-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #585
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

What a wonderful "meal" day! The caramel items look delicious!!

I LOVE brats! I think its from being a Wisconsin girl! With sauerkraut for me please!

The pork buts also look good! I've heard mixed reviews of them there though! If we stop I hope we get a good batch!!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: