Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #556
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

I'm so glad you love 'Ohana, breakfast b/c this will be our Mickey Mouse meal. We usually do Chef Mickey's & this will be the 1st year w/out it for something different. I'm already missing CM, but this review has gotten me all excited for 'Ohana! My DS2 will love the fruit plate!! Have fun this weekend!!!
happy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #557
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
And of course, WAFFLES!

I will have a Mickey Waffle someday! I WILL, I WILL, I WILL!!!

Quote:
More importantly, I made ADRs for our (I hope) March trip ... Tutto Italia, Be Our Guest and Rose & Crown! I am really hoping we can go March 23rd thru the 26th. Yes, braving the Spring Break crowds. Heck, we've done 4th of July and Christmas week, bring it on!

I've booked for March 23 - 29, but of course I still need to convince my DH that he wants to go to Disney World during one of the most crowded weeks of the year. I really hope I can, 'cause I would sure love to meet you, Vicki!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #558
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
I will have a Mickey Waffle someday! I WILL, I WILL, I WILL!!!

I've booked for March 23 - 29, but of course I still need to convince my DH that he wants to go to Disney World during one of the most crowded weeks of the year. I really hope I can, 'cause I would sure love to meet you, Vicki!
Yes, you do and YES! it would! Keep working on DH!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:48 AM   #559
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Yikes! I'd fallen behind! Now I'm caught up!

I simply adore your AP review. That is the restaurant I most want to try that I don't think we will be able to get to in our upcoming trip. The buffalo steak looks superb! Your breakfast update looks good as well, and I'm sorry you've had a hard week. At least you have November to look forward to!
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #560
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Ok, I am back! After breakfast we spent some time in the now Halloween decorated MK before taking the Yacht Club bus to head to lunch at Via Napoli.

DH started with Sangria ...

I am pretty sure I just had iced tea. I remember being very hot and thirsty when we arrived.

For appetizers, I had the Prosciutto e Melone - parma ham, cantelope

This was perfect. The melon wasn't too cold and was perfectly ripe. With the saltiness of the ham, it was a perfect refreshing start.

DH had the Salami e Provolone - dry cured sausage, imported provolone cheese

Very weird presentation. But he said it was tasty.

DS had the Arancini - fried risotto balls filled with mozzarella and meat ragu

These were very tasty. (But not as good as the one we had at our Flying Fish tasting! Will get to that review soon!)

We all had individual make your own pizzas. It is ridiculous that they charge $3.50 per topping but we sucked it up to each get exactly what we wanted.

I had the same that I had last year ... ham and olives

I just love this pizza. I have dreamed of it since last year. The salty ham & olives, slightly sweet sauce. Just perfect.

DH had sausage & proscuitto.

He was surprised the way the proscuitto was done but ended up really enjoying the pizza.

DH had anchovies and sausage

He doesn't get to have anchovies when we get pizza at home so he really enjoyed this.

We were stuffed but DS and I knew we had to have the Zeppole di Ricotta - Ricotta cheese fritters, served with whipped cream and chocolate

These did not disappoint. The chocolate is nice and bitter. The zeppoles just slightly sweet. And there really are a ton in there! No way we could have each eaten our own order.

I am sorry to say that I do not remember what DH's dessert was ...

Looks like some kind of parfait? I know he enjoyed it. DS also had a cappucino

Total dining plan cost was $123.54. Total OOP was $23.43. Definitely overpriced for a pizza lunch but very worth it on the dining plan. And we enjoy it enough that DS and I will split a pizza and those yummy zeppoles when we eat OOP in November. I think Via Napoli is a great addition to the many good restaurants in EPCOT. Finally decent pizza in the World!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
Old 09-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #561
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Yum Yum Yum!! I'm planning on Pizza and Zeppoles! Ours will be OOP with TiW and I am still willing to pay that much for Pizza!

How was the Sangria? I love a good Sangria!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #562
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I can help you with that Vicki, as I just so happen to have a pic of the Via Napoli dessert menu on my phone. That would be a Gelato Frizzante!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #563
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Yum Yum Yum!! I'm planning on Pizza and Zeppoles! Ours will be OOP with TiW and I am still willing to pay that much for Pizza!

How was the Sangria? I love a good Sangria!
Yep, that is how we will be paying in November as well. It is one of our "must go backs". I only had a sip of the sangria and I thought it was good. Not super sweet which I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
I can help you with that Vicki, as I just so happen to have a pic of the Via Napoli dessert menu on my phone. That would be a Gelato Frizzante!
Thank you! I figured someone would rescue me!

Old 09-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #564
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Love you Via Nipoli review! The melon and priccuto appetizer is especially appetizing.
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #565
Happy 2 B Me
I have ears --just not Disney Ears.

Did they forget to put the olives and ham on the one peice of pie? Looks like it is just sauce. Then one other quarter of pie only had one olive, strange for 3.50 an item.

Quote:
Ok, I am back! After breakfast we spent some time in the now Halloween decorated MK before taking the Yacht Club bus to head to lunch at Via Napoli.

DH started with Sangria ...

I am pretty sure I just had iced tea. I remember being very hot and thirsty when we arrived.

For appetizers, I had the Prosciutto e Melone - parma ham, cantelope

This was perfect. The melon wasn't too cold and was perfectly ripe. With the saltiness of the ham, it was a perfect refreshing start.

DH had the Salami e Provolone - dry cured sausage, imported provolone cheese

Very weird presentation. But he said it was tasty.

DS had the Arancini - fried risotto balls filled with mozzarella and meat ragu

These were very tasty. (But not as good as the one we had at our Flying Fish tasting! Will get to that review soon!)

We all had individual make your own pizzas. It is ridiculous that they charge $3.50 per topping but we sucked it up to each get exactly what we wanted.

I had the same that I had last year ... ham and olives

I just love this pizza. I have dreamed of it since last year. The salty ham & olives, slightly sweet sauce. Just perfect.

DH had sausage & proscuitto.

He was surprised the way the proscuitto was done but ended up really enjoying the pizza.

DH had anchovies and sausage

He doesn't get to have anchovies when we get pizza at home so he really enjoyed this.

We were stuffed but DS and I knew we had to have the Zeppole di Ricotta - Ricotta cheese fritters, served with whipped cream and chocolate

These did not disappoint. The chocolate is nice and bitter. The zeppoles just slightly sweet. And there really are a ton in there! No way we could have each eaten our own order.

Total dining plan cost was $123.54. Total OOP was $23.43. Definitely overpriced for a pizza lunch but very worth it on the dining plan. And we enjoy it enough that DS and I will split a pizza and those yummy zeppoles when we eat OOP in November. I think Via Napoli is a great addition to the many good restaurants in EPCOT. Finally decent pizza in the World!
Happy 2 B Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #566
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

After spending a bit of time at EPCOT and then resting for a bit at Coronado, we headed to Narcoossees for dinner. This was the first time eating here for us but it will not be the last. I think it was overall my favorite meal experience of the trip. Not necessarily for the food, but overall. And the food dwas very good.

First up the menu ... a bit blurry but legible ...

First up the bread ...

Warm and crusty. And I loved the candles!

I had an agave margarita ... DH the wine with his courses ...

This was really strong. I kept letting the ice melt.

For appetizers, I wanted something lighter because I wasn't super hungry so I got the Cesaer Salad ...

This was good. A standard Cesaer but it hit the spot.

DS had the cheeseplate ...

He enjoyed it alot. Even more than the one at the Yachtsman.

DH had the calamari ...

This is something I am not yet ready to try but he said it was light and perfectly crispy.

For entrees, DH had the Halibut ...

What a beautiful presentation. I didn't have a bit but he enjoyed it.

DS had the filet ...

This I did have a bit off and it was very good. Tender and full of flavor.

Again, keeping it lighter, I had the Sweet Pea and Marscapone Ravioli ...

Delicious! I enjoyed every bite.

Now here is the bad, then good with dessert. I really wanted to have a cake for DH as a thank you for putting up with my obsession. As great as Brian at the Contemporary was with DS's cake is as bad as the GF was with this order. I wanted a simple cake with strawberries and custard inside and Mickey balloons piped around it saying "Thanks, Jay".

This is what we got ...

Huh? Even our server said, "I guess we are celebrating something".

Now, the cake itself was AMAZING ...

Light, moist cake with creamy custard and strawberries. Jay loved it and was definitely surprised. But I was bummed and Andrew knew it. So here is the good ...

He moved the balloons to where I wanted them so I wouldn't be unhappy. We laughed so hard at the "new" cake. It was perfect.

Course DS and I still had to try the Amaretto Cheesecake ...

O M G! This was simply amazing. Very close to the wontons at Y&Y for my favorite dessert of the trip!

As an extra bonus, we had an Ok view of Wishes ...

So all in all, we had a great time. Yes, the cake was wrong but what fun I had watching DS fix it because as he said "You can't be upset in Disney". Great service, Good food and fantastic fun. What more can you ask for in a meal!

Total DP cost was $283.33. Total OOP was $43.84 plus $56 for the cake (I had been quoted $37 but we ended up having so much fun, I didn't say anything).

Old 09-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #567
sushi candy
Foodie

I wish I could have booked Narcoosee's after seeing your delicious review. I also love how you ordered so many different pizzas at Via Napoli.
sushi candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:40 PM   #568
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi candy View Post
I wish I could have booked Narcoosee's after seeing your delicious review. I also love how you ordered so many different pizzas at Via Napoli.
I definitely look forward to going back again!

Old 09-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #569
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Thats a bummer that the cake didn't come out the way you wanted and that it cost almost double what you were expecting!

Your meal itself looks really good! I wish I could get just the dessert from Narcossees though!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:13 AM   #570
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

At least your Narcoosees dinner was memorable....if not for the great food, the hilarity that Andrew created with the "re-decorated" cake. What a sweetie!

I would love to dine at Narcoosees sometime and even more so now that I see what a wonderful view of the fireworks are right outside the windows.

I was going to help you out with the gelato frizzante but Jabead is on it!! She's the queen of menus at this point I'm sure!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: