Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #541
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Aww love the dismeet photos, you all look like such sweet ladies I agree Le Cellier is a wonderful meal and the soup is just amazing in my book. I don't have ressie for this week, but may get my Costco size sample at the F&W , yes the size of the soup for what they charge is a crime IMO.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:16 PM   #542
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

We will be eating at LC for the first time on Christmas day, and I am beyond excited. We had an ADR last time we were there, but decided to cancel. What were we thinking??

Your Dis meet looks like fun.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #543
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Love the updates! particularly the CG review! Thanks!
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #544
Roma
Mouseketeer

Wow you had some amazing reviews back to back! Your meal at CG looked fabulous and I love that cake! Chef Brian always does an amazing job .

I am so excited to go to LC in November it isn't even funny. I think I will try to get DH to split the filet and the burger but I'm not sure if he is going to be open to sharing there haha.

Love the dismeet as well! I still think it's awesome that so many of you were able to get together at once.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #545
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
Hmm...I'm thinking I could use this pic in the soon-to-be Live Update thread. Would you mind if I borrowed it?

Quote:
Andrew looks less than thrilled here but he really ended up having a good time!

Oh, I sooo recognize that look, as I've see it on my son's face many times!

Quote:
Soon Brenda joined us!

Awww... what a great group of DIS ladies and DIS kids!!!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - #3
- and - APRIL 2014 REVIEW - My Solo Birthday Trip

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:36 PM   #546
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Next up dinner at Artist Point. As some of you know, we loved this meal in 2009 and I was very disappointed last year and did not want to come back this year. DS would not hear of that so I agreed to give it another go.

One very nice touch - I wore black pants and when seated they immediately swapped out my white napkin for a black one.

Partial menu ... the entree portion is really blurry!

Loved the iced tea presentation ...

The yummy bread with butter and I believe a pesto olive oil Ö it was very tasty!

And the yummy delicious-ness that is the Smokey Portobello Soup - with Roasted Shiitakes, Chive Oil, and Sourdough Croutons

Oh my! DS ordered a bowl and DH and I ordered one to share in addition to our regular appetizers. I didnít actually let DH have more than a spoonful. DS has raved about this soup for two years. I only had a taste two years ago. This is truly the most amazing soup ever.

For my actual appetizer, I had the Oak Smoked Venison Carpaccio

I donít eat venison for a variety of reasons but love carpaccio so I decided to try it. It was really good. I let myself believe it was beef. I didnít love the cherries, but other than that I really enjoyed it.

DH had the Alaskan King Crab and Sweet Corn Fritters - yellow watermelon salsa, avocado and fresno chili aioli

I really donít care for crab so I didnít try it but he thought it was very good.

For entrees, I had the Crispy Buttermilk-dipped Airline Chicken - with Herb Spaetzle, Fava Beans, Bacon Jam, and Natural Chicken Jus

This was really good. Chicken was very crispy. The bacon jam and the jus were really great with the spaetzle. I truly enjoyed this dish.

DH and DS both had the Slow-Roasted Buffalo Strip Steak - Zellwood Corn-sausage mash, Yukon gold potatoe smear, and blackberry Pinot Noir reduction

DS liked it but not as much as some of the other meat dishes he has had this trip. Nothing wrong with it, just not as good as some of his other meals. I only tried a small bite of the buffalo and thought it has nice flavor and was very tender.

We once again did not have dessert. Total dining plan portion was $220.03. Total for the extra soup and two glasses of wine OOP was $23.43.

All in all, AP redeemed itself with me. The soup alone would make me go back. So good job to DS for not wavering when I wanted to cancel this ADR
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #547
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

So Thursday, August 30th was supposed to be a no Parks day. DS was going to do the tubing and stand up paddleboarding at CS. Well, he decided that he really wasnít in to that and we all felt like we wanted to hit the Parks so we added an extra day to our tickets.

First up was breakfast at ĎOhana Ö
Hua Paka (Scrambled Eggs) - made fresh, hot & delicious, Uala Kahiki (Fried Potatoes) - island-style potatoes, caramelized onions & scallions, Pua'a (Pork) - pork breakfast sausage links & smoked bacon, Assorted Warm Breakfast Breads, Seasonal Fruit Bowl,Unlimited Juice, Milk and Coffee included

And of course, WAFFLES!

This was DHís first time here for breakfast. DS and I had been twice before. It is probably my all around favorite breakfast on property. I love the eggs and the potatoes and of course the waffles. For some reason the potatoes were particularly outstanding this year.

The problem was service. Somehow Pluto skipped us and it took forever to get someone to send him back. If I wasnít having my Vinyl signed I wouldnít have cared but that was the whole point of eating there. Then we were told to go meet him towards where you pick up the breads when you come it. Very weird.

Heres the pic

And Mickey signing my Vinyl Ö

Total cost would have been $67.07. And as crazy as that is to pay for breakfast, I think I would even do it OOP. I really enjoy this meal.
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
Old 09-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #548
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Glad you enjoyed Ohana for breakfast, I love the character photos!!
Old 09-25-2012, 06:50 PM   #549
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

I think I will have the AP Mushroom soup as well. I LOVE Mushroom soups!!
I wonder if they will have menu changes in the next 3 weeks?!?

Hmmm.... Another breakfast possibility!! Looks basic but good!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:30 PM   #550
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Hmm...I'm thinking I could use this pic in the soon-to-be Live Update thread. Would you mind if I borrowed it?

Of course you can borrow/use it!

Old 09-25-2012, 08:02 PM   #551
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Yay that you enjoyed your experience at Artist Point! The venison really was a fantastic appetizer, and that bacon jam with the chicken is a delicious touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
I think I will have the AP Mushroom soup as well. I LOVE Mushroom soups!!
I wonder if they will have menu changes in the next 3 weeks?!?
Artist Point's menu will probably change slightly before your meal...but no need to worry about the soup leaving. It's a classic and extremely popular!
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:23 AM   #553
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

So glad that you listened to your DS and tried AP again! It was a favorite of our trip and didn't disappoint.

Ohana is a must do for us since who doesn't love those Mickey waffles (well, Jabead since she hasn't tried them!) and that stitch juice! Oh, and the bread isn't half bad either. It is just a happy place to eat breakfast!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #554
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your meal at AP!! It looks fabulous! I read such great reviews of this place but I'm not a very adventurous eater - so while I'd love to try it, I'm worried that I wouldn't like it! However, your chicken dish looks fantastic and I would definitely eat that.

What a great review of the 'Ohana breakfast! It has never been on my radar until now but it looks great. I think it's definitely on my list!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:24 AM   #555
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

I am sorry all but this has been one of those crazy weeks. Tonight is back to school night and then Friday I am taking a 1/2 day to go upstate to my Mom's because my sister flew in yesterday from Florida. First time she has been home in almost 4 years. We are only staying Friday night, home late Saturday. So no update from me until at least Sunday.

One bit of news ...

I made a couple of ADRs for our November trip ... Sci Fi, Yak & Yeti (really for dessert only), Tokyo Dining, The Plaza and Kona Cafe Breakfast.

We may try Kimonos instead of Tokyo Dining. With our new fascination for sushi, it is intriguing to me. But it doesn't look like you can make a reservation.

More importantly, I made ADRs for our (I hope) March trip ... Tutto Italia, Be Our Guest and Rose & Crown! I am really hoping we can go March 23rd thru the 26th. Yes, braving the Spring Break crowds. Heck, we've done 4th of July and Christmas week, bring it on!

Once the reviews return, next up Via Napoli and then what was probably my favorite meal of the trip! Not necessarily for the food, but the whole experience!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: