Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #526
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

That was an AWESOME cake!! What a great job they did. I'm glad to see that CG still ranks up there. It does for us as well. In fact, DH declared it his favorite meal of the trip.

That photo of the storm moving in is incredible. What a great shot.

BTW: Your DS looked oh so handsome in his shirt and tie. You can tell him that Emmysmommy was so impressed with him!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #527
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
That was an AWESOME cake!! What a great job they did. I'm glad to see that CG still ranks up there. It does for us as well. In fact, DH declared it his favorite meal of the trip.

That photo of the storm moving in is incredible. What a great shot.

BTW: Your DS looked oh so handsome in his shirt and tie. You can tell him that Emmysmommy was so impressed with him!
Thanks! It was funny because when we were getting ready, Andrew said he wanted to "go classy" which is how they dressed for their lacrosse away games. We hadn't packed any ties but bought that one for Jay. I was so happy that he had decided that on his own because I knew it would add an extra special touch to the pictures.

Glad your DH enjoyed Cali as well. I debated trying to get an ADR in November just for appetizers but I decided on Flying Fish instead. I am not sure if I will regret that decision.
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #528
jabead
DIS Veteran

Ahhh yes, I remember the preview pic that you sent of that awesome cake. It seems even more special now that I've heard the whole story behind it. Memories like that are truly priceless!

Oh, and so glad you enjoyed your dinner at California Grill!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:29 PM   #529
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Glad you had another great meal at California Grill! Although I'm sorry to hear about the flatbread - it was something that sounded good to me, but with so much ketchup on it I probably would've been unhappy (I never add ketchup to my burgers or hot dogs, since it's usually too sweet for me).

That cake looks so cool! And I love how DS had to declare 2 entrees his favorites of the trip (the short rib at Jiko and the CG pork). It's often impossible to say whether one dish is better than another - they're just different.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:25 AM   #530
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti
Glad to hear another great CG review!

I think I want to try just about everything on the current menu , so who knows what I will be ordering in Dec.
This is how I feel!!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:37 AM   #531
auntfrannie
DIS Veteran

In two short weeks we'll be celebrating my Mother's 80th birthday at the California Grill! Your cake looks fantastic but I am finding it hard to go the cake route when CG has so many absolutely wonderful desserts!

Your meal looks delicious! I hope they still have the onion tart on the menu in two weeks!
Old 09-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #532
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Wednesday we orignally had planned to go to Roaring Forks to try the waffles before heading to EPCOT. But since we cut our DHS day short, we ended up there instead. Spent a couple of hours before taking the boat to EPCOT for lunch at Le Cellier. Partial menu:

Not sure why I didn't take a pic of the rest of it!

First up was the wonderful bread ...

DS dreams of the Cheddar Cheese soup ...

DH and I wanted the soup as well and decided to go with the Appetizer Trio to Share - Tomato Stack, Duck Confit Crepe, and Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup

Everything was very good but the soup was the best for sure. The Crepe was actually fairly flat, not a lot of taste.

We also had the try the Poutine

We had it for dinner last year and LOVED it. This was different as it is the 'cheaper' lunch version. These tasted more like really good disco fries. We ate way too much and were all too full to enjoy our entrees!

DS and I agreed to share the Wild Mushroom Filet Mignon - Le Cellier signature dish served with wild mushroom risotto and white truffle butter sauce and the Le Cellier House Burger - roasted mushrooms, smoked bacon, maple barbecue, Black Diamond Cheddar, and crispy onions, and french fries

The filet may truly be my favorite WDW meal and the burger was very flavorful but we were just too full. Neither of us managed to eat 1/2 of our 1/2s!

DH went with the BLT Salmon Sliders - heirloom tomato, smoked bacon, and herbed remoulade

In retrospect, I wish I had tried these. I have never been a huge fan of salmon but with my new found desire to be adventurous, I am wishing I had tried them. I was just so full from the appetizers. DH loved them and ate all of the sliders but not all of the fries.

Needless to say, no dessert for us.

Total was $104.38. We were not charged extra for the poutine. Le Cellier has always been one of our favorites. I am anxious to see what changes are made when it becomes a signature for lunch next year. We will not be back until at least our August trip so I am sure there will be plenty of reviews!

Next up ... a Dismeet!
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
Old 09-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #533
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Your Le Cellier review is great!! I wish I could fit both it and Via Napoli in my schedule! The only good news it they will have the Filet (minus the Risotto) and the Cheese Soup at the Canada Booth for F&W!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:47 PM   #534
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Your Le Cellier review is great!! I wish I could fit both it and Via Napoli in my schedule! The only good news it they will have the Filet (minus the Risotto) and the Cheese Soup at the Canada Booth for F&W!
This will be our first experience with Food & Wine and those are the two things we are looking forward to the most!

Old 09-23-2012, 06:58 PM   #535
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

So after lunch we wandered over to France to get ready for our Dismeet! Tracy has already talked about it and Brenda took way more pictures than I did but I will add my two cents!

It was an absolute blast! Love these wonderful ladies!!

We were sitting on a bench when we saw Tracy already with her slushie so I quickly sent Jay off to get mine!

Joh soon joined us ...

Andrew looks less than thrilled here but he really ended up having a good time!

Soon Brenda joined us!

The sausage!

Hey, who is that in the back photobombing!

One last pic after leaving Rose & Crown

I admit that I have been hesitant to agree to Dismeets in the past. I always thought things would be uncomfortable. I was sooooo wrong. I felt like I had know these ladies all my life ... or at least all my Dis Life!

Eilee seemed a bit shy and didn't really want to talk much, but when she did, she seemed like a really wonderful girl.

And Miss Em ... what a lovely young lady! Not at all intimidated that a complete stranger wanted to give her a huge hug! I enjoyed talking with her so much! And I have to say it was too funny that Brenda is already trying to plan another trip towards the end of the year and Em is the one saying that she needs time to adjust to school! I am now hearing that same thing in my house as I try to fit in more weekends with our APs!

All in all a truly wonderful afternoon!

Old 09-23-2012, 09:34 PM   #536
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

I LOVE the LC filet and its Eilee's favorite meal of all time. Everything else looks so good too (especially the soup) I tried some poutine for the first time this summer but I think yours looks better even though it was the "cheap" version!

And I love you pictures of the DISmeet!! The one of us with Joh on the bench is super cute. I had so much fun and I wish we could have stayed longer but Soarin was calling my name! I sure hope we have an opportunity to meet again sometime!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:43 PM   #537
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

That sounds like such an awesome Dis meet! Four members at once - very cool. I also enjoy reading each of your interpretations on the afternoon - it seems like the slushies and the sausage were major highlights.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:24 AM   #538
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Ahhhh Le Cellier soup and pretzel bread - such a heavenly combo. I don't blame you for filling up on the apps there! I should have slit the combo app like you did although now that you say the duck was rather flavorless, maybe it was ok to pass.

I so wish I had met up with everyone WITH a slushie in hand! But I was not feeling well at all.... errr stupid over-eating thing! As for the Dismeet itself, I am SO HAPPY that we were able to meet up. I keep saying this but honestly, you have a lovely family and the time that we spent with your DS talking about Lacrosse and college, well, you have certainly earned the right to be a very proud mom with your awesome young man! Oh, and singing along with the hat lady - so fun!

Tracy's sausage.. so funny that "he" made an appearance. Just so glad that we got to be a small part of that historic moment!

Kids! They need to learn to listen to their parents and when we tell them it is ok to miss school for Dis, they should listen! I'm keeping an eye on everyone elses travel plans (other than those people who book trips so soon after their August trips... ahem...) so that maybe we'll end up at WDW at the same time.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:11 AM   #539
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
I LOVE the LC filet and its Eilee's favorite meal of all time. Everything else looks so good too (especially the soup) I tried some poutine for the first time this summer but I think yours looks better even though it was the "cheap" version!

And I love you pictures of the DISmeet!! The one of us with Joh on the bench is super cute. I had so much fun and I wish we could have stayed longer but Soarin was calling my name! I sure hope we have an opportunity to meet again sometime!
I understand. We had 9 day Park tickets and somehow never hit Soarin' this year! I would love to meet up again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
That sounds like such an awesome Dis meet! Four members at once - very cool. I also enjoy reading each of your interpretations on the afternoon - it seems like the slushies and the sausage were major highlights.
Yes, they definitely were! Too bad your trip wasn't a few days different or we could have had a 5-meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Ahhhh Le Cellier soup and pretzel bread - such a heavenly combo. I don't blame you for filling up on the apps there! I should have slit the combo app like you did although now that you say the duck was rather flavorless, maybe it was ok to pass.

I so wish I had met up with everyone WITH a slushie in hand! But I was not feeling well at all.... errr stupid over-eating thing! As for the Dismeet itself, I am SO HAPPY that we were able to meet up. I keep saying this but honestly, you have a lovely family and the time that we spent with your DS talking about Lacrosse and college, well, you have certainly earned the right to be a very proud mom with your awesome young man! Oh, and singing along with the hat lady - so fun!

Tracy's sausage.. so funny that "he" made an appearance. Just so glad that we got to be a small part of that historic moment!

Kids! They need to learn to listen to their parents and when we tell them it is ok to miss school for Dis, they should listen! I'm keeping an eye on everyone elses travel plans (other than those people who book trips so soon after their August trips... ahem...) so that maybe we'll end up at WDW at the same time.
Thank you again for the kind words about Andrew! I am definitely very, very proud of him! And hey, is the day we got home too soon to rebook?

Old 09-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #540
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Just had chance to catch up

Your dinner at CG looks delicious and the cake looks beautiful

I love the look of the salmon sliders at LC as well

And finally, yay for the DIS meet .... what fun, I wish I could have joined you all!
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: