Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2012, 09:33 PM   #466
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Nice review of the wave.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #467
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the Wave review. We are eating there in November and I am still a little undecided as to what I want to do! I don't love the entree options but I love the dessert options!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2012, 11:23 PM   #468
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

So nice to see another Wave review around here. I also really liked that salad - it was so interesting and flavorful.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:33 PM   #469
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Nice review of the wave.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Thanks for the Wave review. We are eating there in November and I am still a little undecided as to what I want to do! I don't love the entree options but I love the dessert options!
I say give it a try! We have enjoyed both meals that we have eaten there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
So nice to see another Wave review around here. I also really liked that salad - it was so interesting and flavorful.
Yes, The Wave is really a star "1 credit" restaurant for sure. I am thinking it will definitely be on our list next year for one meal, just not sure which one!
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:56 AM   #470
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Great new reviews! Crystal Palace is my favorite character meal. We aren't going this year and seeing your pictures is making me regret that decision! We want to try Kona for breakfast though and we also want to try Cape May. I don't have any other mornings to fit it in!

Those waffles look amazing. I have just recently been introduced to the wonderfulness of nutella. Oh my! What have I been missing all these years? However, I really like sweet and spicy so I think that chicken one might win out.

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #471
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

Nice Wave review!
Old 09-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #472
jabead
DIS Veteran

Hi Vicki, hope you are getting plenty of rest this weekend and are feeling better. I was surprised to find this morning that I was several reviews behind on your thread. You have been a busy little Dining Reporter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
Sunday morning, DH and I had an ADR at Crystal Palace. I really wanted the characters to sign my Vinylmation and thought it would be easier at the breakfasts than while waiting in lines.

And Eyeore's autograph on my Vinyl ...

How many autographs did you end up getting on your Vinyl during this trip? You know, I have been oblivious to the "Vinylmation" thing until I saw yours (when you sent me the preview pic) and then Linda gave me this adorable one during our DIS meet...

So I think I just might have found something new to collect. My DH says, "Thanks a lot, Vicki and Linda!"

Quote:
Made a before opening ADR and unfortunately our room was so cold at Coronado (definitely should have called but never did) that my camera was "frozen" so my empty Main Street pics look like this

Kind of a cool effect, but not really what I wanted.
Whoa, your room must have been seriously cold to do that to your camera!!! At least it seemed to be working well again once it "thawed out", since your breakfast pics came out great.

Quote:
He was starving when he joined us so we headed directly to Sleepy Hollow for the Nutella waffle ...

This was truly wonderful! Crispy but soft waffle, warm nutella and the fresh fruit. We will be recreating these with Eggos at home, but I know they won't be the same.

So glad to see that Andrew got his Nutella waffle! Let me know how the Eggo recreation goes. If it's pretty good then I might make it for my DS, the Nutella fan in our family.

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #473
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post

How many autographs did you end up getting on your Vinyl during this trip? You know, I have been oblivious to the "Vinylmation" thing until I saw yours (when you sent me the preview pic) and then Linda gave me this adorable one during our DIS meet...

So I think I just might have found something new to collect. My DH says, "Thanks a lot, Vicki and Linda!"
It's funny, I had no interest in the Vinyls until January of this year. I then decided that I need all of them! I right around 100 right now ...

Let's see, who signed? Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Goofy, Stitch, Lilo, Pooh, Tigger, Eyeore, Piglet and Chip & Dale. Many more could have but I only wanted to deal with it at the Character breakfasts.

And, yes ... our room was seriously cold! It felt good when we first returned but no so much in the middle of the night!

Will let you know once we try the nutella eggos!
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
Old 09-16-2012, 11:37 AM   #474
sushi candy
Foodie

Beautiful review of the wave! I adore the scallops and the watermelon salad. Too bad you were done and you missed dessert. . I keep worrying about that and how I can pace myself so there is always room to eat everything.
sushi candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #475
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Oops! Like Jabead I'm a bit behind on the reviews (busy weekend)

I'm sorry Yachtsman fell flat for you. For the price you pay for the steaks I would think they would not be over-salted, over-cooked, etc. Glad the goo in the jar was appreciated. (I still say ick!)

CP and puffed french toast deserve this ---->> Love that stuff along with the Mickey waffles of course.

Ahhh the Nutella waffle at Sleepy Hollow - now I know what the excitement is all about with that goodie.

For some reason I keep shying away from The Wave but so many reviews are so good including yours. The watermelon salad is something that I definitely want to try. I hope you enjoyed your alone time after dinner!

Also... sending you well wishes for the crud that had you down. I hope today is better.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #476
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

I just did our HBD review and either my laptop or the Dis had a "blip" and I lost it. I am too frustrated to type it all again! I will do it tomorrow ...

Old 09-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #477
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Quote:
I just did our HBD review and either my laptop or the Dis had a "blip" and I lost it. I am too frustrated to type it all again! I will do it tomorrow ...

That is a BUMMER! Sometimes if you hit the back button it will still be there... I'm guessing since you posted though it won't be...
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:44 AM   #478
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

I'm kicking myself right now for not getting that Nutella waffle!! I had that on my list and we never ended up getting it! I like to make waffles at home so I think I'm going to need to try this myself as we don't have another trip to Disney planned.

My sister and I went to The Wave and we enjoyed our meal. Unfortunately we didn't know that we were both coming down with a stomach bug at the time so we thought it was odd that we enjoyed it but we just weren't very hungry. I would love to try it again sometime! I had the pork (but it was a bit different when we went) and I thought it was very nicely done. Great review and it makes me want to go back.

Also, my camera did the same thing several times! I've got some foggy looking pictures every morning.
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #479
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
That is a BUMMER! Sometimes if you hit the back button it will still be there... I'm guessing since you posted though it won't be...
It wasn't, I tried. Somehow I got logged off and when I logged back in, "poof". Back button just gave me an error message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
I'm kicking myself right now for not getting that Nutella waffle!! I had that on my list and we never ended up getting it! I like to make waffles at home so I think I'm going to need to try this myself as we don't have another trip to Disney planned.

My sister and I went to The Wave and we enjoyed our meal. Unfortunately we didn't know that we were both coming down with a stomach bug at the time so we thought it was odd that we enjoyed it but we just weren't very hungry. I would love to try it again sometime! I had the pork (but it was a bit different when we went) and I thought it was very nicely done. Great review and it makes me want to go back.

Also, my camera did the same thing several times! I've got some foggy looking pictures every morning.
Definitely make the nutella waffle at home. Won't be exactly the same because it isn't a Disney waffle but it should be close. Bummer on not feeling well at The Wave. Definitely give it another try!

Old 09-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #480
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Ok, Letís try this again! Isaac moved in overnight Sunday night and it was POURING about 7am. We decided to roll over & get a bit more sleep! Got to Hollywood Studios late morning. DS went to get TSMM fastpasses. Not sure what we did after that but ultimately lunch was at Hollywood Brown Derby. We were soaked when we walked in and were given a Disney bag to put our wet ponchos and hats in.

Hereís the menu Ö

We all got iced teas. DH again decided to get the recommended wines with his courses. I go the margarita flight!

These were very good Ö the mango ended up being my favorite.
DS decided on the Potato and Leek Soup - with green onion creme fraiche

This was a delicious soup. Creamy, very decadent tasting. He ate every drop.

I had the Brie, Midnight Moon and Prosciutto Cake with Tete de Moine Petals, and an olive-roasted vegetable salad

This had good flavor but the ďcakeĒ was a bit dry. It could have used a sauce or aioli or something. But I do love proscuitto so I was happy with it. And the saltiness actually went well with the margaritas.

And DH had the Blue Lump Crab Spring Rolls - snow crab claw and a Asian slaw with spicy miso aioli

DH doesnít usually eat crab so his choice surprised me. I donít eat it at all so I didnít try any but he seemed to like it very much.

For entrees, DS had the Charred Filet of Beef - over Brentwood corn and Pancetta Risotto, arugula pesto and pickled rainbow carrots

He really liked this steak. Andrew loves anything pesto so this was perfect for him. I had the carrots and they were very tasty. Nice acidity with the sweet carrots.

DH had the Spit-Roasted Bison -with sauteed beets tossed in a herb shallot vinaigrette, forest mushroom white truffle croquette and a cocoa espresso barbeque sauce

I wanted to love the bison but didnít. Something seemed ďoffĒ to me. Maybe it was too game-y for me? Not sure. DH loved it though. All 3 of us agreed that the truffle croquettes were to die for. Wish we could have had a whole plate of them. Crispy and yet light. Very, very good.

I had the Duck Two Ways - Duck pastrami over a pear and melon salad with white balsamic, honey and vanilla reduction and Duck confit with farro risotto and spicey onion citrus jam

I donít normally eat duck. I find it too greasy. I donít eat dark meat chicken or turkey either. I had duck confit for the first time in June for our special anniversary lunch at the Culinary Institute and I loved it. I also love pastrami so this called my name. I really enjoyed the confit with the farro risotto but not so much the pastrami. It had kind of a greasy feel to me. But I liked everything else on the plate enough that I considered it an overall success.

On to dessert Ė

DS didnít feel like dessert. DH had the Banana White Chocolate Toffee Tower - on Cocoa-Almond Cookie and Bananas Foster

I only had a bit and thought it was good but nothing special. DH liked it though.

I had to get the Grapefruit Cake - Light Layers of Yellow Cake with fresh Grapefruit-Cream Cheese Icing

I have had this before and it didnít not disappoint. I love the cake and the creamy layers inside but not so much the grapefruit jell on top. I just scrape it off. Really enjoyed dessert.

Total cost for the dining plan portion would have been $183.08. Total cost OOP for the margarita flight and two glasses of wine was $38.41.
All in all we enjoyed our meal. I probably could have made better choices for myself but canít say that I am disappointed. I wanted to try new things and I did.

As a side note, this guy was the hit of the Parade. He would not get out of the way and strutted down the street like he owned the place. He would run a bit, then sit up and look around or sniff something on the street. He was a hoot!

After the Parade, we just wanted out as DHS was very crowded. We left to go to EPCOT for some Off Kilter! Gave our TSMM fastpasses to a family of 3 as they were walking in. They were so happy! Nice to pass on the pixie dust! It really made us feel good.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: