Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 05:29 AM   #451
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Ahh...the goo! I think having the baguette to spread it on would have improved it greatly. Unfortunately all we got was that cracker thing that was underneath the baguette on your cheese plate. The "goo" was just way too greasy to eat on that cracker.

Oh no, that's such a shame about your filet.

Glad to hear that the rest of you meal was very good. Hopefully your salty filet was just a fluke (kind of like my fatty short rib at Jiko) and next time your steak will be very good too.
Yes, I can see that the bagette was needed for the goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Interesting Yachtman review! My mom also enjoyed the cheese goo when she had it in March (I don't think I tried it, because it was goat cheese ). As for the steaks, sorry that your filet was so salty - I've never had that issue with any dish there.

You know what sounds absolutely delicious on that menu though? The summer salad with watermelon, house ricotta, and pistachio. And those madeleines are wonderful.
We never experienced the "too salty" before this trip either. Unfortunately it will make one more appearance!

I debated that salad but I am a sucker for potstickers so I had to pass on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
You guys are so funny! I remember Barb looking up the term that you Brits use and it had me laughing hysterically!!!!

Vicki: I have to say that the herb croutons on the tomato soup give it a nice touch but that potato soup has my vote! Your veggie sandwich is the second one that I have seen lately! And it looks DELICIOUS! I love, love, love the fries at Disney.

Oh, and glad that you are feeling better.
It is a very tasty sandwich! Feeling "better" may be a strong word. I was sent home from work yesterday, walk-in, laid down & slept almost 5 hours! Felt a bit better so I caught up on some stuff (like these reviews) but then crashed again, took Nyquil and slept great. Right now I feel, "ok" ... hoping I can get thru the day at work & glad it is a Friday!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:52 AM   #452
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

Hey goofy'ssonsmom! I'm all caught up again! I keep on falling behind. Mmm those Plaza sandwiches look awesome for healthy choices. Honestly, I feel those healthier meals keep me going strong @ WDW & ur veggie sandwich looks delish!!!

Ughh..too bad about the salty fillet. That's so expensive of a meal to not LOVE it. I have only read good reviews about YSH. So I suggested it to my brother & his wife, I hope they love it!! And also they are staying @ CSR, which I also suggested, lol! They got a reg.view,so there so no room to be disappointed in the view. But I can understand if you pay extra, you should get the view.
happy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #453
jerseytinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Your Plaza meal looks delish! No matter what, I am definitely trying that out for the first time on my next trip (whenever that may be). I'm a sucker for a good soup and sandwich combo, so that place looks like it's right up my alley. Thanks for the great pics!

Those madeleines at YS look amazing! Those are one of my favorite treats in the whole world. I'm kinda bitter about not getting any when I went to YS in May. No fair!

Your strawberry margarita looks so refreshing! Definitely a mood lifter. That's a shame about your view from your room though. If you pay extra for a view you should get what you paid for.
jerseytinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #454
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

I agree...the Plaza meal looks so good. I've never eaten there and it hasn't even been on my radar, but I think it's going on my futures list now. The loaded soup looks really good and so does the tomato and I'm not really a soup eater, but I might have to try one of those if they are still available if/when we go in 2013.

And that veggie sandwich...YUM!!!

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #455
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Reading your reviews of Sanaa and YS have me very excited for our ADRs there in Dec.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #456
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
Feeling "better" may be a strong word. I was sent home from work yesterday, walk-in, laid down & slept almost 5 hours! Felt a bit better so I caught up on some stuff (like these reviews) but then crashed again, took Nyquil and slept great. Right now I feel, "ok" ... hoping I can get thru the day at work & glad it is a Friday!

Sorry to hear you are still feeling "under the weather", Vicki. Hopefully you got through today at work okay and now can spend the weekend resting up and recovering. Take care!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #457
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

Love the Plaza too. Their fries are the best!

Didn't know you could get baked potato soup there. Looks yummy.

So sorry your steak was too salty at the Yachtsman. It is hard to eat something that is too salty.

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:35 PM   #458
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Loved your Yachtsman review, I think I am going to go for the Porterhouse this time. I loved my NY strip there and I am a fan of the filet....the best of both worlds would be nice!

So glad you can subbed out the sides...I prefer veggies with my steak, hopefully they can accommodate me. Seem to recall you can switch sauces around too
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #459
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

It's too bad that Disney won't give our the recipe for the tomato soup! I took a chance and asked for the recipe for Olivia's potatoes and I got it already!

I've never been to Yachtsman but Eilee and I are steak people so we would love to try it. So sad to hear that your filet was too salty because filets aren't cheap! I also hear a lot of people say that certain items at Disney are too salty but I like salt so I haven't had a problem. So if you also enjoy salt and something was too salty for you then I would probably think the same. But glad to hear that the other steaks were great (and the pot of goo!). I'm afraid that I'd fill up on the onion rolls - they sound heavenly!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #460
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Cheshire Cat View Post
Love the Plaza too. Their fries are the best!

Didn't know you could get baked potato soup there. Looks yummy.

So sorry your steak was too salty at the Yachtsman. It is hard to eat something that is too salty.
The potato soup was a soup of the day so I don't know that you can get it all the time. Yeah, I like salt but my steak was really hard to eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Loved your Yachtsman review, I think I am going to go for the Porterhouse this time. I loved my NY strip there and I am a fan of the filet....the best of both worlds would be nice!

So glad you can subbed out the sides...I prefer veggies with my steak, hopefully they can accommodate me. Seem to recall you can switch sauces around too
Yeah, DS loves that porterhouse. We grill them home because they like the strip side and I am a filet girl! And yes, no problem subbing just about anything we were told!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
It's too bad that Disney won't give our the recipe for the tomato soup! I took a chance and asked for the recipe for Olivia's potatoes and I got it already!

I've never been to Yachtsman but Eilee and I are steak people so we would love to try it. So sad to hear that your filet was too salty because filets aren't cheap! I also hear a lot of people say that certain items at Disney are too salty but I like salt so I haven't had a problem. So if you also enjoy salt and something was too salty for you then I would probably think the same. But glad to hear that the other steaks were great (and the pot of goo!). I'm afraid that I'd fill up on the onion rolls - they sound heavenly!
I am thinking the soup is some doctored up pre-made product and they don't want people to know it! Disney is usally pretty good with giving our the recipes so I am not sure why the secrecy with this one.

This was the first time I found something to salty at Disney. Neither DS or DH would try it to see if they agreed. I did try a bit of DS's porterhouse and it was delicious so I think it was just mine.

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
Old 09-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #461
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Sunday morning, DH and I had an ADR at Crystal Palace. I really wanted the characters to sign my Vinylmation and thought it would be easier at the breakfasts than while waiting in lines.

Made a before opening ADR and unfortunately our room was so cold at Coronado (definitely should have called but never did) that my camera was "frozen" so my empty Main Street pics look like this

Kind of a cool effect, but not really what I wanted.

My plate ...

Star of the plate is the puffed french toast for sure! I wasn't hungry and didn't eat much but what I had was very good.

DH with Pooh ...

And Eyeore's autograph on my Vinyl ...

All in all a good, solid breakfast. Our waiter, Vinnie from New Jersey was very good. We had to wait a bit after we were done eating for Tigger and he was more than accomodating with filing coffee and juice.

Total would have been $48.97.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #462
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

After breakfast, we went to the front of the Park to wait for Andrew. Artsy MK shot ...

He was starving when he joined us so we headed directly to Sleepy Hollow for the Nutella waffle ...

This was truly wonderful! Crispy but soft waffle, warm nutella and the fresh fruit. We will be recreating these with Eggos at home, but I know they won't be the same.

Rode some rides including HM, my favorite ...

and Pirates

Found ourselves in Tomorrowland when we were getting a bit hungry. We shared the philly cheesesteak hot dog at the Launching Pad

I am almost ashamed to admit that I really liked this. Greasy, fake-cheesy goodness.

The only characters I waited in line to see & have sign my Vinyl were Chip and Dale

They were fun, as always.

DS really wanted to try the spicy chicken waffle sandwich so back to Sleepy Hollow we went ...

This was as good if not better than the Nutella one. Chicken had a bit of a kick with the sweet glaze. I only had a bite and hope to have another one when we go back in November! (Love saying that!)

Isaac was definitely moving in at that point. We asked about the Dessert Party at Guest Services and they said that it was still planned but offered to refund out money if we wanted it. We gladly accepted the offer figuring Murphy's Law would come into play and if we cancelled Isaac would move away! So no dessert party this trip which ended up being more than Ok with me!

Old 09-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #463
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Boo on the camera being frozen! I thought it was a really foggy morning!!

That is a HUGE Vinyl!! I didn't realize how big it was. Was it easy for the characters to sign?

The waffle sandwiches look delicious! The chicken one looks so good but I am not good with spice. Did it have just a little bit of kick to it?
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #464
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Dinner was at The Wave. DS and I had a really good meal in 2008 but we haven't been back so this was DH first time.

We all had iced tea ... love the details with the lemons

The bread basket ...

I decided to have one of the wine flights while DH had the recommended wines with his courses ...

This was the sauvignon flight. Very nice selection. Very crisp.

DH had Chilled Citrus-marinated North Florida Shrimp and Calico Scallops

The recommended wine was Woop Woop Verdelho from SE Australia .. we found the Woop Woop name funny but the wine was very good

DS had the seasonal soup which was a very good tomato with a grilled cheese (I think it was brie)

I had the salad which I am not seeing on any of the current menus. I am sure it is on the menu DDW posted.

I have never had watermelon in salad before and this was really good. Loved the sweetness with the olives and the feta. Very fresh tasting. I made a watermelon/feta salad with a drizzle of balsamic for dinner last Sunday. Would would have known that that combo would be so very tasty?!

For entree, DS has the Chili-Soy Marinated Flat Iron Steak locally sourced Seasonal Vegetables and Udon Noodles

He was a bit disappointed in this as the noodles were really sweet. I had a bit and had to agree. I didn't try to meat so I can't comment.

DH had Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Shallot Butter, Potato Gateau, and Spring Ratatouille

I didn't try the meat but the veggies were very well done and the potato gateau was wonderful. Very cheesy, a bit crispy. I really enjoyed the few bites of this that I had.

I had the Locally-sourced Thompson Farms Pork Tenderloin in a Charred Herb marinade with Bread Salad and Bourbon-grilled Florida Peaches

I had wanted either of the dishes that Jay & Andrew had but I like to have different things so I had to pick something else. I asked our server and this is what she recommended. I ended up really enjoying the peaches with the pork. It was an interesting savory/sweet combo for the taste buds. And the salad added a nice lightness to the dish.

At this point I had decided that I was going back to the Hotel while they went to MK for EMH. I just felt that I needed some time alone after a week of DS and I being together for just about 24/7. I just wanted a bit of quiet 'me time'. So I was very glad we had decided not to do the dessert party. Of course that meant that we would be getting dessert with dinner ...

We pick all but the sorbets ...

I am afraid I can't comment much on these because I was really "done" at this point and just wanted to go back. I know DS and DH enjoyed most of them with DS preferring anything chocolate and DH preferring anything else.

DS really wanted good coffee so they shared a pressed pot and I had Earl Grey tea ...

Really love the presentation here ...

All in all a really enjoyable dinner. Not sure why we waited so long to come back. Total cost for items on the dining plan was $157.05. Total OOP cost for the wine, coffee and tea was $37.27

Old 09-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #465
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Boo on the camera being frozen! I thought it was a really foggy morning!!

That is a HUGE Vinyl!! I didn't realize how big it was. Was it easy for the characters to sign?

The waffle sandwiches look delicious! The chicken one looks so good but I am not good with spice. Did it have just a little bit of kick to it?
Yeah, I figured out that I had to open the lens and warm it up each morning after that. Our room was really cold. The thermostat said it was 75 degrees but there was absolutely no way.

The waffle sandwiches were really great. Just a little bit of spice, not ever overly spicy at all. And a sweet spice.

The Vinyl is 9 inches. Characters had no problem signing. I bought a bunch of different color sharpies. It was fun. I enjoyed getting the character's autographs even as a adult but wanted something different for them to sign. Loved this idea when I saw it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: