Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #376
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

 
emmysmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Near Disneyland
Posts: 4,962

Oh my gosh!!!! You booked a return visit already - that's AWESOME!!!! Those APs sure justify more frequent trips!!

We just got our new TiW card last month (mid August) and it is good through the end of September 2013. So it is good for at least an entire 13 months. I looked back at my old cards and they were all 13+ months as well.

Now I'm just going to go and feel sorry for myself because I don't have a ticker!!

Honestly, this just means that you will need to do more reviews and LIVE updates!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:21 AM   #377
jabead
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 7,153

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
Thank you all for our welcome homes!

Please see below ... we have a ticker!

Just booked us to go back for Veteran's Day weekend. We will be there for the end of Food & Wine and the early Very Merry Christmas Party! I am soooooo excited! Airfare down & hotel are booked. Still need to book the Party and our airfare back but I will worry about that later!

66 days!

Yes, I will start the reviews soon ... probably this weekend! Still haven't dumped the pictures from the camera yet!

Oh wow...that time is my absolute favorite time to visit WDW!!! I am so excited for you, Vicki!

I have been there during that holiday weekend for 4 out of the last 6 years. I really wish I was going again this year. F & W Fest booths, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy (my favorite Eat to the Beat band), Christmas decorations beginning to appear, Osborne Lights at DHS, first MCMCP, and the chance of meeting you in person. Okay, going off to pout now... a lot!


ETA: Just realized that I will need to add you to my list again. What's your exact dates and do you know where you are staying yet?
__________________
Barb

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - #3
- and - APRIL 2014 REVIEW - My Solo Birthday Trip


MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary



DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan

Last edited by jabead; 09-05-2012 at 01:01 PM.
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #378
DISNEYDUET
Will sing for Mickey Bars and Dole Whips! Oh and extra DVC points!
 
DISNEYDUET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Singing for my supper
Posts: 2,171

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
Thank you all for our welcome homes!

Please see below ... we have a ticker!

Just booked us to go back for Veteran's Day weekend. We will be there for the end of Food & Wine and the early Very Merry Christmas Party! I am soooooo excited! Airfare down & hotel are booked. Still need to book the Party and our airfare back but I will worry about that later!

66 days!

Yes, I will start the reviews soon ... probably this weekend! Still haven't dumped the pictures from the camera yet!
YAY!!!!!!! I haven't even left for my trip yet and I'm still jealous!
__________________
Me DBF
ROTE- Shadow Runner
Former CM DVC member since 2003



DISNEYDUET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #379
Roma
Mouseketeer
 
Roma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 168

Ohhh that's the weekend I'm going to be there! I have to say you made an excellent choice .
__________________
September 2008 - 10 Days of Free Dining at ASMovies - October 2011 - Caribbean Beach - November 2012 - One-Year Wedding Anniversary Trip at the BC
November 2013 - Two-Year Wedding Anniversary Trip at the Disneyland Hotel
Roma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #380
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran
 
GoofySon'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: UpState NY
Posts: 4,340

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Yes the TiW is an annual card. If you get it in November it will be good thru November the following year. At least that is my understanding. This will be my first one!
Thank you! I thought that was the case, but nice to know for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Wow another trip?? How awesome is that!!!!
Yes, ma'am! Sending good vibes your way that your trip comes thru as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Yay!

Another DR?
Of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Oh my gosh!!!! You booked a return visit already - that's AWESOME!!!! Those APs sure justify more frequent trips!!

We just got our new TiW card last month (mid August) and it is good through the end of September 2013. So it is good for at least an entire 13 months. I looked back at my old cards and they were all 13+ months as well.

Now I'm just going to go and feel sorry for myself because I don't have a ticker!!

Honestly, this just means that you will need to do more reviews and LIVE updates!
Yep, I will! I can't believe we are going back to quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Oh wow...that time is my absolute favorite time to visit WDW!!! I am so excited for you, Vicki!

I have been there during that holiday weekend for 4 out of the last 6 years. I really wish I was going again this year. F & W Fest booths, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy (my favorite Eat to the Beat band), Christmas decorations beginning to appear, Osborne Lights at DHS, first MCMCP, and the chance of meeting you in person. Okay, going off to pout now... a lot!


ETA: Just realized that I will need to add you to my list again. What's your exact dates and do you know where you are staying yet?
We are flying in late on the night of the 9th ... our plane lands at like 11:30pm so really we will be there from Saturday, November 10th thru Tuesday, November 13th (flight leaves 7pm that night). Just about 4 days! The only value I could book with the AP rate was All Star Music. Ok with me ... we don't plan on spending hardly any time in the room! I didn't even know the Osborne Lights would be up that weekend until late last night! Makes it even more exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYDUET View Post
YAY!!!!!!! I haven't even left for my trip yet and I'm still jealous!
I am soooo excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
Ohhh that's the weekend I'm going to be there! I have to say you made an excellent choice .
Awesome!
__________________
Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #381
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran
 
GoofySon'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: UpState NY
Posts: 4,340

So we got back Monday afternoon. Here it is Wednesday night and I still haven't been to the store! We have nothing and I mean nothing to eat. DS and I both started new jobs today. DH is flying to Raleigh, NC as I type this. School starts tomorrow. Very overwhelmed!

But I did get all my pictures loaded into Photobucket last night. Picking DS up at 6, going to the store, figuring out dinner and maybe I will get the first review up tonight! Definitely tomorrow as I will have nothing to do after work!

(As a side note, really liked the new job. Two women I worked with at another Bank about 5 years ago are working there. So nice to see friendly faces!)
__________________
Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #382
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,662

Thank You!!

Glad to hear that your new job is going good so far!! (and yeah for having friendly faces......BONUS!!)
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #383
deenbrad
DIS Veteran
 
deenbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Peachtree City, GA
Posts: 552

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
So we got back Monday afternoon. Here it is Wednesday night and I still haven't been to the store! We have nothing and I mean nothing to eat.
Around here we call that "vacation mode." It takes over a day or two before vacation and keeps going a few days after!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
(As a side note, really liked the new job. Two women I worked with at another Bank about 5 years ago are working there. So nice to see friendly faces!)
That's great that you knew some people! Glad you're liking it!
__________________
Denise
DH Me DS (10) Oreo
May 2011-15th Anniversary trip on DxDDP with a small diversion to the ER!!
off-site many times 1989-2009 (including half of our honeymoon in 1996!), Pop Century May 2011
deenbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #384
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran
 
GoofySon'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: UpState NY
Posts: 4,340

Ok, so here we go! DS and I got on the train in Deerfield Beach the morning on August 23rd. We enjoyed visiting with my sister, nephew and dogs but we were ready for Disney!

We checked in at the AKL and a room was ready. We booked a standard room so I didn't expect much. Let me tell you ... this room had to be as far from the main lobby as could be! What a loooooong walk to the room! Opened the door to find:



And these guys outside!



The animals weren't there all day but towards the end of the day they seemed to come to this area. It was a great extra bonus!

We were starving and headed down to Mara.





DS had the chicken flatbread and I had the falafel pita with two bottles of water.



DS loved this! I admit that we are not familiar with indian/african flavors so I am not completely sure what the seasonings were but it was good.



I was less thrilled with this. One of DS's friends Mom has a falafel stand at our local farmer's market and this was really nothing like hers. I didn't like the giant blocks of falafel, would have preferred smaller pieces. And it wasn't real crispy. I also did not like the sauce. Would have preferred a tzatziki type sauce.

That's ok ... I needed to be hungry for our Flying Fish Chef's Table!

Our lunch was OOP as we were not yet on the dining plan. $21.44

DS gave Mara a



But I had to give it a




Next up should be that FF review but I am saving that one for later!

So, next up will be breakfast at Boma!
__________________
Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013

Last edited by GoofySon'sMom; 09-09-2012 at 03:45 PM.
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #385
GoBirds
I go to Disney World for the food
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 96

Enjoying reading your posts! We love the AKL ... have stayed there twice. Can't wait for the Flying Fish chef's Table review! Don't make us wait too long!
GoBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #386
jabead
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 7,153

Yay, you've started your reviews! I must admit I'm a little disappointed you are not doing your FF Chef's Table dinner next, but I can understand why you would want to save it for later.

Oh, and thanks for posting the non-food pics also. The room decor at AKL looks very nice, as does the outside decor. You can't beat having a savannah (animal) view at a standard view price.
__________________
Barb

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - #3
- and - APRIL 2014 REVIEW - My Solo Birthday Trip


MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary



DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #387
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs
 
wilma-bride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Posts: 20,930
DISboards Moderator

Wow, that flatbread looks really, really good. I have had the pulled pork flatbread at Roaring Fork before but that looks delicious. Was the chicken particularly spicy. It looks almost like Tikka.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #388
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran
 
DonaldDoleWhip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,606

I've had the chicken flatbread on a previous trip and also really enjoyed it. Looking forward to more!
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #389
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

 
emmysmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Near Disneyland
Posts: 4,962

It's great to visit family but to get on the train and know your destination was WDW!!! Hooray!!!

I love the look of the AK room and to see the animals outside your room - how AMAZING is that??

The flatbread looks really good! The falafel pehaps not so much. I would have wanted smaller pieces as well - looks like it was harder to eat this way.

Ok, so I will wait patiently for your FF Chef's table review and enjoy Boma in the meantime.

BTW: Glad to hear you are enjoying your job and seeing some familiar faces!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #390
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran
 
GoofySon'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: UpState NY
Posts: 4,340

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBirds View Post
Enjoying reading your posts! We love the AKL ... have stayed there twice. Can't wait for the Flying Fish chef's Table review! Don't make us wait too long!
I will try not to. I want to be able to do that review when I have a lot of time to do it proper justice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Yay, you've started your reviews! I must admit I'm a little disappointed you are not doing your FF Chef's Table dinner next, but I can understand why you would want to save it for later.

Oh, and thanks for posting the non-food pics also. The room decor at AKL looks very nice, as does the outside decor. You can't beat having a savannah (animal) view at a standard view price.
I do really like the AKL. And yes, the view was a bonus. There was a fenced in area to the right of us and they had some kind of wild boars there. Red something hogs. They thru boxes to them. They literally looked like Amazon boxes. The hogs banged them around, threw them up in the air. They seemed to have a blast with the boxes. Well, the giraffes were totally interested and leaning their necks way over the fence to see what was going on. It was so funny! But it is dusky and at a weird angle so no way to get a good pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Wow, that flatbread looks really, really good. I have had the pulled pork flatbread at Roaring Fork before but that looks delicious. Was the chicken particularly spicy. It looks almost like Tikka.
DS said just "a bit" spicy. He likes things very spicy though so take that into consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
I've had the chicken flatbread on a previous trip and also really enjoyed it. Looking forward to more!
So what it spicy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
It's great to visit family but to get on the train and know your destination was WDW!!! Hooray!!!

I love the look of the AK room and to see the animals outside your room - how AMAZING is that??

The flatbread looks really good! The falafel pehaps not so much. I would have wanted smaller pieces as well - looks like it was harder to eat this way.

Ok, so I will wait patiently for your FF Chef's table review and enjoy Boma in the meantime.

BTW: Glad to hear you are enjoying your job and seeing some familiar faces!
Yeah, very disappointed in the falafel. But what can you do? I don't think the picture showed the big pieces or I probably would not have gotten it.

Yes, job is going really well. I really like it so far!
__________________
Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.