Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
lovelybellanotte
Original Mouseketeer

Disney Fine Art Photography

My FH and I will be honeymooning in Disney this September and we are debating on doing the Honeymoon photo session with Disney Fine Art Photography.

I'm not sure what location I am most interested in. Have any of you DISers done a honeymoon or engagement session with Disney Fine Art Photography? What was your experience like? Can you only have your photo session in MK if you actually got married in Disney World?

Also, if any of you have pictures from Disney Fine Art Photography that you could share that would be AWESOME!!

Any help is super appreciated!

Thanks so much!!
lovelybellanotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #2
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

You can do a honeymoon photo shoot inside the Magic Kingdom in street clothes—only the bridal portrait session (i.e., in bridal attire) is restricted to Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings couples. Bridal portrait sessions in the other parks are open to all.

If you decide you'd rather do honeymoon photos at the resorts, you can hire any photographer you like—it doesn't has to be Disney. Many of the local wedding photographers offer engagement/just married photo shoots for less than Disney, and they usually don't make you pay extra for rights to the digital images like Disney does.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #3
Serrendipity
Earning My Ears

Hi! I was just wondering if you had picked a location yet? (Or, since September is halfway over, if you'd had them done yet?) I'm also considering a session with Disney Fine Arts Photography and am just trying to get as much information/opinions as I can! Thanks so much in advance!

Also--lurkyloo--you mentioned that "You can do a honeymoon photo shoot inside the Magic Kingdom in street clothes." Do you know if this applies to other types of sessions as well (such as engagement or anniversary)?
Serrendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:13 AM   #4
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

I am not Carrie (I wish I was), but I can answer that as long as you use DPS you can have any shoot in any park for any occasion (and for no occasion at all). The restrictions only apply to shoots in bridal wear.

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
Serrendipity
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for this response, tinkerbell766! I was hoping to schedule an engagement session in the MK and was getting discouraged from some of the other posts I was reading. This makes me so much more optimistic!
Serrendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:33 AM   #6
itsmebabygi
Counting Down!

Oh man. I tried to schedule a MK engagement shoot a month ago and was turned down. We ended up doing Epcot instead. The rule changed that recently?
Old 09-18-2012, 08:40 AM   #7
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

Since you don't believe me, would you like for me to post what Disney sent me about an engagement shoot? Magic kingdom was not an option.
Cmdbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #8
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !

If that was aimed at me, I am so sorry that I gave the impression that I didn't believe you. It certainly was not the case. Maybe I have the wrong information, but I was certainly under the impression that anybody could schedule a photo shoot in the MK in ordinary clothes. If this is wrong, I sincerely apologise. I did not mean to cause offence and was trying to help.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #9
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
If that was aimed at me, I am so sorry that I gave the impression that I didn't believe you. It certainly was not the case. Maybe I have the wrong information, but I was certainly under the impression that anybody could schedule a photo shoot in the MK in ordinary clothes. If this is wrong, I sincerely apologise. I did not mean to cause offence and was trying to help.
Nope, definitely not you or the original poster! I have no idea about honeymoon shoots, but do know that as of last week, per my communication with Disney about an engagment shoot, they are currently not doing them in MK. Serrendipity has asked about it in multiple threads because she didn't like the answer I gave her. I completely understand because I don't like it either!

Tink, you're always helpful in every thread!!
Cmdbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:46 PM   #10
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmebabygi View Post
Oh man. I tried to schedule a MK engagement shoot a month ago and was turned down. We ended up doing Epcot instead. The rule changed that recently?
MK Engagement Shoots were discontinued several years ago, but then last year DPS brought them back. I wonder if the reason they discontinued them again is the same as last time: Too many day guests around to get good photos....
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:07 PM   #11
tinkerbell 766

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdbuddy View Post
Nope, definitely not you or the original poster! I have no idea about honeymoon shoots, but do know that as of last week, per my communication with Disney about an engagment shoot, they are currently not doing them in MK. Serrendipity has asked about it in multiple threads because she didn't like the answer I gave her. I completely understand because I don't like it either!

Tink, you're always helpful in every thread!!
Thank you so much, sweetie!!!!
I am glad I didn't cause offence

Old 09-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #12
gamberlane
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if these rules also apply to the portraits sessions that are offered instead of the wedding photography if we choose outside photography instead? I am having an Escape wedding but chose an outside photographer and now get the free portrait session in lieu of my Disney wedding photography.

The Disney Event Photography site simply states that portraits can be done at a choice of locations around WDW resort. Would that mean one of the (non-MK) parks for the same price?
Old 09-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #13
princesswendy720
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamberlane View Post
Does anyone know if these rules also apply to the portraits sessions that are offered instead of the wedding photography if we choose outside photography instead? I am having an Escape wedding but chose an outside photographer and now get the free portrait session in lieu of my Disney wedding photography.

The Disney Event Photography site simply states that portraits can be done at a choice of locations around WDW resort. Would that mean one of the (non-MK) parks for the same price?
The alternative given with Escape weddings is for a resort portrait session and can't be used at a theme park. You could also choose to use it for Dessert Party photography.

Upcoming Trips: WDW October 2011, May 2012 and November 2012 ; Disneyland May 2013
PJ Blog Etsy shop
princesswendy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:20 PM   #14
Disneybabe84
Mouseketeer

I just got engaged this passed August during our annual Disney trip & we booked a photo session with Disney Fine Art Photography at the Yacht Club and we enjoyed it so much! The photographers were very professional and made us feel so comfortable. They took 100 shots, which all came out out great! We had a great experience and it was very well worth it. I highly recommend them to capture your special moments, especially at Disney. Here are a few pictures

April '91 (Off Site), April '02 (Off Site), July '03 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '04 (Polynesian), March '06 (Polynesian), July '07 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '09 (PoP Century), July '10 (All Star Music), July '11 (Wilderness Lodge & PoP Century), Aug '12 (All Star Sports & Contemporary), May '13 - (Shades of Green), July '13 - (All Star Sports), Aug '14 - (Coronado Springs)

Disneybabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:45 PM   #15
herb102211
DIS Veteran

If you want to shoot around the resorts, I would recommend using an outside photographer. We used Randy Chapman for both our honeymoon session and our anniversary session and he took amazing shots! We chose the BW and BC for our backgrounds. We got over 700 in each session. We were with him for over an hour and he only charged $200. We've used Disney Fine Art Photography at the YC/BC and weren't impressed when compared to the photos Randy took.

*Food, Wine & Christmas Time..A November 2012 TR*
Wining & Dining Around the World~ An October '13 TR
5/08- Offsite, 5/09- Pop Century, 11/09 (engagement!)- Pop Century, 3/10- Pop Century/Disney Wonder 4 Nt Bahamas, 9/10- Pop Century, 3/11- Beach Club/ Disney Dream 3 Nt Bahamas, 5/11- Beach Club, 10/11- (Disneymoon) Beach Club, 12/11-Beach Club 3/12- BCV/BLT , 5/12- BCV/OKW/BLT, 9/12-BWV/BCV/BLT/AoA, 11/12- BCV 2/13- BCV/OKW, 4/13-BWV, 9/13- BWV, 10/13- Yacht Club , 2/14- BWV, 4/14- BWV/WL, 7/14- Yacht Club-CL, 10/14- Yacht Club , 12/14- YC/AoA
Me (28) DH (29)
herb102211 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: