Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 07:52 PM   #61
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by castawaycayfans View Post
I LOVE my beach towel that we got several years ago!
yup, we still use our beach towel!!
Old 09-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #62
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
Lanyards when you check in; backpacks in your room.
so if they don't give me a lanyard at check in, i should ask for one?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #63
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenyingReality View Post
If my SO has traveled on a Disney cruise before but I haven't, will he still get a Castaway gift if we're in the same room? I'd feel bad if I was holding him back from anything special!
Yes, it is one per room and the "perks" of the room are based on the highest level in the room. For instance, if there is a platinum and a silver guest in the room, each will get their appropriate lanyard and designation on the KTTW card. The room will get the backpack and the additional platinum gifts (if they continue to give those).
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #64
WDBRDWLK
Nana to Princesses Maya and Orion and Prince Joel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDBRDWLK View Post
I have several of the blue CC water bottles. Free if you want some. PM me ur mailing address.
I had a lot of requests for the water bottles! I have mailed off all that I have or should I say 'found' so far in my house...I am sure there are more! I will keep your PM's and let you know when I have more. Then if your still interested you can PM me your name and address.

I have also noticed that lanyards are in big demand on this tread... I have those too... any takers??
Old 10-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #65
TinkerbelleMom
Mom to 3 Princesses

I saw someone with the backpack at Epcot yesterday and wondered if was the new gift...I liked the looks of it. Funny thing is, I was expecting the red and black drawstring bag again, and I was going to give it to my sister as its her first cruise and I already have one. Now I'm not so sure I want to give up my gift!!!

Just curious, I know I'll get the lanyard, but I don't expect she will as a newbie cruiser...should I prepare her for that too?
Old 10-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #66
collectoraholic
Is it time to sail yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbelleMom View Post
I saw someone with the backpack at Epcot yesterday and wondered if was the new gift...I liked the looks of it. Funny thing is, I was expecting the red and black drawstring bag again, and I was going to give it to my sister as its her first cruise and I already have one. Now I'm not so sure I want to give up my gift!!!

Just curious, I know I'll get the lanyard, but I don't expect she will as a newbie cruiser...should I prepare her for that too?
Correct. She will not be given one, unless you have a CM that doesn't realize that she's a first-timer or is just nice and gives her one just for.

HTHs!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #67
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkattu6 View Post
I've never heard of the beach towel - Yes that would be nice!!!
Sorry...I was about to post a pic but just saw that Webshots (where I have all my photos) is changing to a different format and I don't have access to the pics right now!!!

The towels are red white and blue and very nice. They have CASTAWAY CLUB across the center and the words Magic and Wonder in the bottom corners....plenty of room in the top corners for Dream and Fantasy!!! I wish they would bring the towels back!!!

EDITED TO ADD....SEE POST #21 IN THIS THREAD....I ALREADY POSTED A PIC OF THE TOWEL A FEW MONTHS AGO!!!

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:47 PM   #68
TinkerbelleMom
Mom to 3 Princesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by collectoraholic View Post
Correct. She will not be given one, unless you have a CM that doesn't realize that she's a first-timer or is just nice and gives her one just for.

HTHs!
Thanks! I'll tell her to bring her own!
Old 10-02-2012, 11:52 PM   #69
jcuzzort1026
Mouseketeer

Does everyone in the stateroom get a lanyard or just people who have sailed before? Dh, dd, and I are cc members but ds isn't. He's only 5. I can see tears in our future if his sister gets one and he doesn't. I may have to stick a lanyard in my pocket and slip it to the cm at check-in...
April 2002 - Magic 7 day Eastern (anniversary)
March 25th 2006 - Magic 7 day Western (anniversary and dd's 1st cruise!!!!!)

October 21 2012 - Dream 4 day (ds's 1st cruise!!!!!)

jcuzzort1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:05 AM   #70
collectoraholic
Is it time to sail yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcuzzort1026 View Post
Does everyone in the stateroom get a lanyard or just people who have sailed before? Dh, dd, and I are cc members but ds isn't. He's only 5. I can see tears in our future if his sister gets one and he doesn't. I may have to stick a lanyard in my pocket and slip it to the cm at check-in...
Yes, only CC members receive lanyards. You may get lucky and get a CM that will give everyone one, but don't count on it. They're really pretty strict about giving them only to CC members & making sure each one gets the proper one (Platinum/Gold/Silver). Definitely bring one for your DS or just give him yours or your husband's.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #71
WDBRDWLK

We received the beach towel on our first cruise. The second cruise was a small canvas bag with paper and pen and mickey rice krispie bars. The bag pretty much fell apart. Then it was the red and black tote bags with water bottles and key chain. Have a few of those.. then a passport holder and notecards and then a nice backpack in December. Wonder what we will get in April??
Old 03-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #72
neg58
DIS Veteran

If you are DVC you can also get a lanyard from the DVC reps.

The CMs at check in are very stingy with giving out lanyards. DD#1 and I were silvers, but my second DD was a newbie - no lanyard for her!

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #73
WDBRDWLK

I have so many lanyards.. I will be happy to give one to your daughter are u sailing on April 14th? If not pm me and I will mail it to u
Old 03-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #74
BethA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37

Sorry...I was about to post a pic but just saw that Webshots (where I have all my photos) is changing to a different format and I don't have access to the pics right now!!!

The towels are red white and blue and very nice. They have CASTAWAY CLUB across the center and the words Magic and Wonder in the bottom corners....plenty of room in the top corners for Dream and Fantasy!!! I wish they would bring the towels back!!!

EDITED TO ADD....SEE POST #21 IN THIS THREAD....I ALREADY POSTED A PIC OF THE TOWEL A FEW MONTHS AGO!!!

MJ
I wish they would bring back the towels too
BethA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:09 AM   #75
hardingk
DVC Member since 2007 AKV & BLT

I have a bunch of new silver CC land yards if anyone is interested. Send me a PM.
WDW:7/14 BLT, VBR & POP, 8/13 BLT, 7/13 AKVK, 6/3 BWV, 12/12 AKVK, 11/12 BLT, 9/12 AKVJ, 2/12 AKVJ, 12/11 SSR, 11/11 AKV, 10/11 BLT & VWL, 9/11 AKVJ, 3/11 VBR & AKVK, 8/10 AKVK, 7/10 POFQ, 5/10 AKVK, 1/10 AKVJ, 12/09 OKW, 11/09 AKVK, 9/09 BLT, 8/09 POP, 5/09 AKVK, 1/09 AKVJ, 12/08 AKVJ, 11/08 OKW, 04/08 SSR, 9/07 WL, 8/07 CBR, 7/07 SSR & POP, 05/07 POR, 4/07 CSR, 5/05 CSR, 1/03 AS Sports, 7/90 CR, 7/86 POLY, 7/83 CR, 7/79. DLR: 7/11 PPH & VGC, 7/09 GCH, 3/07 DCL: 9/11 Dream, 8/12 Magic, 9/12 Fantasy, 2/13 B2B Wonder, 12/13 Dream
Cast: Me , DH , DD
hardingk is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: