Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 01:17 AM   #1
Montes cruisers
Earning My Ears

Grand cayman/cozumel recent port weather experience?

Hello we are leaving April 6 and have heard mixed reviews on upcoming weather and temps? Please share you recent visits and opinions? Was it "spring break" warm? Did you have to miss a port? If so which one? Thank you, please feel free to share any other info from Disney magic 6 night western carribean.
Montes cruisers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:10 AM   #2
jwatters
Earning My Ears

Just got back from both ports and we had beautiful weather. Highs in the upper 70s / lower 80s and sunny. Cast members kept saying it was the nicest weather they'd seen in a while.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

DCL Fantasy Spring Break 2013
Celebrity Summit March 2011
DCL Wonder April 2008
jwatters is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 07:12 AM   #3
Montes cruisers
Earning My Ears

So how was the water? Did you get some sun, come back with that vacation beach look
Old 03-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #4
Montes cruisers
Earning My Ears

Bump
Old 03-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #5
lin7
DIS Veteran

We were on the March 02 sailing on the Fantasy. We missed Grand Cayman due to high winds. The weather was pretty decent low to mid 70s for the high. The first day out was pretty cold, so was the second day. Our Castaway Cay day was nice as well, as the were predicting it to be a colder than normal day and it turn out pretty warm. The water was a little cool.
lin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #6
Drew Sailbum
Mouseketeer

It is FAR too early to be able to predict anything useful about the weather forecast for an April 6 sailing.

Long term averages for the Western Caribbean for this time of year would tend to suggest highs in the low to mid 80's and a 20% chance of rain on any given day. When it rains it is usually intense and brief. Mostly sunny skies with cloud cover of about 20% is typical.

That temperature range really does not a vary much at all. The coldest cold day might be 10 degrees lower. The hottest hot day 10 degrees warmer. It really is rare to have an all-day rain but it happens a couple days each year.

Of more interest is the wind speed and direction. That will determine the size and location of waves and whether you can safely tender ashore in ports like Cayman. Average wind direction is from the east northeast with speeds of 10-15 knots.

Wind speed is the most variable part of the forecast. Direction is ENE to ESE about 90% of the time during this time of year. Those are favorable directions and speed for watersports activities and tendering ashore.
Drew Sailbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:41 PM   #7
thehighprincess44
Earning My Ears

We just got off the ship yesterday. The weather was lousy 90% of the time. Still a very enjoyable cruise. We had one very rough night at sea, but it only lasted 14 hours or so. Hope you get better weather!!!!
Old 03-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #8
terrybsw
Earning My Ears

We just got off the Magic on Friday. The weather was cooler and more cloudy than the other two trips we have had this time of year. At Cayman, the weather turned windy around 2pm and some of the tenders had to make a couple of attempts at boarding the ship. That night we were rocking and rolling and the fireworks were cancelled.

My tour operator said they were expecting 35 knot winds and did not anticpate going out the rest of the week. But he also said this was not usual. I snorkeled that day on the second trip of the day and it was great. Water very comfortable and clear.

Cozemel was sunny and comfortable. We did the xrail off road adventure and I got some sun burn.
terrybsw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: