Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2012, 10:48 AM   #106
PrincessBetsy
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Main Street Bakery - July 5th

My roommate and I decided to spend the afternoon at the Magic Kingdom. Neither of us had lunch, so we stopped in at the Main Street Bakery after the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade.

Nothing says lunch like an Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich!

Can you believe the size of those things?! Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies with vanilla bean ice cream… Doesn’t get any better than that. They do tend to be a little messy though. We both agree that these are worthy of the Captain….

While at the Bakery, this happened to catch my eye:

Dinner or Dessert?

This was almost too cute to eat! The “hamburger” is actually a chocolate cupcake, while the “hot dog” is two ladyfingers with frosting in the middle. The “fries” were like a very thin cookie with sugar sprinkled on top.

Unfortunately, nothing really stood out taste wise. There was way too much frosting and everything was really bland. The “buns” tasted like cardboard and the “fries” were kind of soggy… The chocolate cupcake was the only saving grace, since it actually tasted pretty good. This was much better to look at than to taste, so it receives a…

Next time I’ll stick to a different gourmet cupcake. Like the chocolate peanut butter ones I saw there a different day. They looked amazing…

Last edited by PrincessBetsy; 07-18-2012 at 12:55 PM.
PrincessBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #107
deenbrad
DIS Veteran

The hamburger and hot dog are so cute but I agree that hot dog must've been way too much frosting! I thought you'd say the dog was chocolate cake!
off-site many times 1989-2009 (including half of our honeymoon in 1996!), Pop Century May 2011
deenbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2012, 03:43 AM   #108
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Thanks so much for the photo of the "hamburger cake" the perfect vegetarian treat
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:52 AM   #109
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

The hamburger/hot dog/fry combo looks adorable! Too bad it didn't taste great. It reminds me of those cake competitions on TV where pastry chefs create the coolest, most detailed designs ever, but nobody eats them because the cakes probably taste horrible.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:22 AM   #110
Roma
Mouseketeer

Wow what I wouldn't give for one of those ice cream cookie sandwiches right now! I'm pretty sure all my favorite desserts involve chocolate chip cookies. Unfortunately that means they are incredibly calorie laden... a colossal frosting covered ice cream cookie sandwich, anyone ?

That hot dog and hamburger look adorable. I love frosting in all quantities so maybe the hot dog would work for me.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #111
PrincessBetsy

Sleepy Hollow - July 8th

Two of my roommates and I decided to go to the Magic Kingdom for opening. And yes I did have to work later that night; until 2:45 in fact – love extra magic hours. We went on Space Mountain, met Tiana, and got our Sorcerer Cards in Liberty Square. Why hello there Sleepy Hollow! Great place for breakfast, don’t you think?

Nutella and Fresh Fruit Waffle Sandwich

This was my choice and a darn good one at that! I absolutely love nutella, so this was just perfect. Plus look at all that fresh fruit; I’d say that’s healthy, wouldn’t you?

Funnel Cake dusted with powdered sugar

My roommate had this. I’m pretty sure this was healthy than mine . The funnel cakes here are cooked to perfection and made to order.

This was a great way to start the day and so it receives a…
Old 07-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #112
PrincessBetsy

Hey guys! Sorry I've been so busy lately. I promise I will reply to all of you and post updates more often. The whole one day off a week thing is keeping me from my dining review.

Hope you all have a magical night!!
Old 07-19-2012, 04:00 AM   #113
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBetsy View Post
Hey guys! Sorry I've been so busy lately. I promise I will reply to all of you and post updates more often. The whole one day off a week thing is keeping me from my dining review.

Hope you all have a magical night!!
No need to apologize, your yummy snack reviews are keeping us happy
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:10 AM   #114
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

I shouldn't be reading this thread at 4 in the morning, as it's making me super hungry.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #115
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

some more great reviews - thanks. Particularly like the look of the ice-cream cookies and the nutella waffle :

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #117
Andrea464
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBetsy View Post
[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="4"][B][U][CENTER]

[SIZE="3"]
Savvy? Here I am on June 2nd at the Blackbeard Pirate Festival in Hampton, VA:

OMG! That is the guy that does all of our Pirate stuff for East Carolina! I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, we're not that far from you!
June 2013: DisneyLand with my family & sister's family!
December 2014: 1st Cruise (Dream) with WDW stay at AKL
Andrea464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #118
PrincessBetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Oh boy does that ice cream look good
I can't believe that we stayed at the Boardwalk last October and never tried it
What?! That's incredible! I'm surprised by your willpower I would have been there every single day if I were you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
That ice cream looks so good Betsy. Last time we stayed at the Boardwalk, we went into Seashore Sweets a couple of times but it was always absolutely heaving so we usually just left empty handed. We are there again next month so we might give it another try.
Yes, you definitely should! The portion sizes are quite good for the pricing too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
I've never been to Seashore Sweets so thanks for the review. My DD loves ice cream so we might need to check that out!

I've been following your blog by the way. I love it!
If your daughter loves ice cream, then you guys should definitely stop by here. It's also just a short walk or boat ride from Epcot. And thank you for reading my blog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanienamou View Post
I love reading your review as a CM! So interesting! Thank you for sharing!

We are staying at the Dolphin in October, so we might need to swing by Seashore Sweets!
Thanks!! Ooooo yes! You might as well since you'll be in the neighborhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by deenbrad View Post
The hamburger and hot dog are so cute but I agree that hot dog must've been way too much frosting! I thought you'd say the dog was chocolate cake!
I know! It's so deceiving... tricky bakers.

Quote:
Thanks so much for the photo of the "hamburger cake" the perfect vegetarian treat
Yes indeed! Too funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
The hamburger/hot dog/fry combo looks adorable! Too bad it didn't taste great. It reminds me of those cake competitions on TV where pastry chefs create the coolest, most detailed designs ever, but nobody eats them because the cakes probably taste horrible.
YES! It completely reminded me of that too. One of those things that's just really fun to look at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
Wow what I wouldn't give for one of those ice cream cookie sandwiches right now! I'm pretty sure all my favorite desserts involve chocolate chip cookies. Unfortunately that means they are incredibly calorie laden... a colossal frosting covered ice cream cookie sandwich, anyone ?

That hot dog and hamburger look adorable. I love frosting in all quantities so maybe the hot dog would work for me.
I'm always up for those ice cream cookie sandwiches. They are way too addicting! I'm sure the hot dog would be right up your alley - it was a ton of frosting.

Quote:
No need to apologize, your yummy snack reviews are keeping us happy
Thanks Linda I'm glad I can help add delicious treats to everyone's must do lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
I shouldn't be reading this thread at 4 in the morning, as it's making me super hungry.
No, that's probably a poor decision indeed But then again, I always get hungry when reading dining reviews despite the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
some more great reviews - thanks. Particularly like the look of the ice-cream cookies and the nutella waffle :
Your welcome! Those were both heavenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Mmmmmmmm, funnel cake
They should be illegal Way too much delicousness in one package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea464 View Post
OMG! That is the guy that does all of our Pirate stuff for East Carolina! I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, we're not that far from you!
!!!! That's fantastic! I knew he always goes to the football games and whatnot. So great that you know him too.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #119
PrincessBetsy

A Continuation of July 8th Deliciousness

If you recall we had a very healthy start to our day. One roommate left to go to work, so the two of us remaining decided to have a snack at Storybook Treats. Yup, that means ice cream!

Fudge Brownie Sundae

Chocolate Soft-Serve Ice Cream Cone

This is one of the few places that has soft serve and boy is it delicious! My roommate had the brownie sundae, while I just had the cone. I love soft-serve; the only problem is that it melts way too fast. It can be quite a struggle to keep up and not make a mess, haha.

This was good, but definitely not as good as the wonderful ice cream at the Plaza. And so it receives a…

Since we had had our dessert, we concluded that it was time for lunch. Since we were in Tommorrowland, we went to Cosmic Ray’s.

I had the Grilled Chicken Sandwich with French Fries:

Cosmic Ray’s has a ton of different options. There are three bays: chicken, burgers, and sandwiches. As you can probably tell, I went to the chicken section. This was good, but not the best chicken sandwich I’ve ever had. It was a bit tough and kind of looked like it had been sitting around a while. The fries were okay; they were hot, but some were soggy. And nobody likes soggy fries! Maybe it was because we went at an awkward time?

My roommate had chicken nuggets, but they weren’t anything special. I would probably go to a different bay or try the rotisserie chicken next time. As of right now, however, Cosmic Ray’s gets a…

After our less than satisfactory lunch, my roommate had to leave for work. I wrapped up the day by purchasing a few things over at POTC, and then went to the Grand Floridian to catch a bus back home. Since I was in the neighborhood, I stopped by Gasparilla Grill and Games for a sweet treat.

German Chocolate Cupcake

Why hello there delicious cupcake! This was incredibly good – very moist, chocolaty, with just the right amount of frosting. I only ended up eating half and had the rest later once I came home from work. I decided that I should distribute the calories. This was by far MUCH better than my hamburger cupcake and one I would definitely have again…
Old 07-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #120
disnut1149
DIS Veteran

Hi
Your reviews are great. I'm having so much fun reading them!! Thanks!
1972 Offsite, 1978 Offsite, 1980 Dutch Inn, 1989 Comfort Inn, 1990 CBR, 1993 Peabody, 1996 AllStar Sports, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2000 Holiday Inn Family Suites, 2001 Marriott World Center, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Pop Century, 2006 Pop Century Aug & Dec, 2007 Pop Century Aug & CSR Dec., 2008 WL & POFQ Aug. & AS Sports Dec., 2009 Pop Aug., Pop Oct & CBR Dec., 2010 POR Sept & CBR Oct., 2011 CSR May & Pop & Akl
Nov., 2014 CSR Sept., 2015 AS Sports Aug.
disnut1149 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: