Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2012, 11:26 PM   #76
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Mmm, you just reminded me how delicious the salted caramel is at karamel kuche
I, unlike you ate is all at once!!
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:53 PM   #77
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Mmm, I love Kouzzina for breakfast but have never had the waffles - they look great! Mascarpone cheese is so good - it's one of the best 'dessert' cheeses around (it's the reason why tiramisu is so creamy and amazing).
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2012, 11:54 PM   #78
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Ohhh delish!! Kouzzina is on our breakfast ADR list for our next trip and after scouting the menu, I had picked those waffles and your pic just sealed the deal!!

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
DsnyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #79
PrincessBetsy
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
That sea salt caramel is on my "must" list for this trip. I've seen it on several reports and it always gets me drooling.

Btw, I kept meaning to ask if you'v ever read that book, Mousetrapped by Catherine Ryan Howard? She worked at Disney for a year. She was from Ireland and she worked in one of the resorts and then she wrote about it. You might find it interesting.
I have never heard of that book before - I will definitely check it out because it sounds like a good read. Thanks for mentioning it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
Thanks for the feedback about your timings at your breakfast - very impressed with the detail. We have a 7.30 am reservation so should be good to get to EPCOT for 9am opening. Thanks again
No problem! Yes, you will definitely be good for 9 am. You might even get there faster if you walk and don't wait for the boat. However, if you decide to eat all of your food like we did, you might have trouble walking and need to take the boat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanne View Post
Is the caramel inside the same as the caramel they use to coat the apples? I love that caramel....and I am intrigued by the salted caramel. Does it only come in dark chocolate or is it offered in milk as well?
Thanks!!!
I'm not sure if it's the same. It probably is, just cooked to a different consistency. And yes, it is offered if milk chocolate! Yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzelady View Post
Signing on to read your adventures
Awesome, thanks for coming aboard!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I am so getting those waffles at Kouzzina next trip. I had the skillet breakfast last time which was just ehh.. But those waffles I've had my eye on so I was glad to see you order those! I agree with you, Kouzzina is a lovely restaurant.
Yes, I remember reading your review with the skillet. I'm sure you would LOVE the waffles. So delicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Mmm, you just reminded me how delicious the salted caramel is at karamel kuche
I, unlike you ate is all at once!!
Nice! I'm very impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Mmm, I love Kouzzina for breakfast but have never had the waffles - they look great! Mascarpone cheese is so good - it's one of the best 'dessert' cheeses around (it's the reason why tiramisu is so creamy and amazing).
Completely agree! I do love tiramisu... You should definitely check out the waffles next time you're at Kouzzina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama View Post
Ohhh delish!! Kouzzina is on our breakfast ADR list for our next trip and after scouting the menu, I had picked those waffles and your pic just sealed the deal!!
Fantastic! I'm sure you will have a wonderful breakfast there.
PrincessBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #80
PrincessBetsy

Downtown Disney – June 23rd

After leaving Epcot, I went shopping at Walmart with my roommates. Had to stock up on groceries for the week! Once I got home another one of my roommates wanted to go to Downtown Disney to do a bit of shopping. It was a difficult task, but I volunteered to go with her I ended up getting some pins at World of Disney and at the Pin Trading store; Elliot from Pete’s Dragon and a Pirates of the Caribbean set (Captain Jack Sparrow, Barbossa, Blackbeard, and Angelica – hey that’s everyone on my rating scale ).

As we were walking by Ghirardelli, I just had to stop and get a free Chocolate:

Heck yes, this was good! Love caramel.

My roommate and I were also craving some soft serve ice cream. Luckily we found some at Cookes of Dublin:

As you can see I went with the chocolate. Even though this was advertised as "ice cream" it was actually frozen yogurt. A bit of a disappointment, but still good. The chocolate that I had was very rich and decadent, which was surprising for frozen yogurt.

This wasn’t as good as real soft serve chocolate, so it receives a…
Old 06-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #81
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBetsy View Post
After leaving Epcot, I went shopping at Walmart with my roommates. Had to stock up on groceries for the week!
You mean you don't live, breathe, and EAT in disney 24/7?? You have to grocery shop? Now I picture you as more of a "normal" person like me... well, not really since you are a CM and I'm not... but you are shattering my illusions just a bit!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #82
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

So you didn't get ice cream at Ghirardelli? I don't think I could have left there to get ice cream somewhere else.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #83
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Hmmm, it might have been rich and decadent but fro yo is no substitute for ice cream. Can't beat the free choccy from Ghirardelli (unless it's the peanut butter one and then I politely refuse)
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #84
bzzelady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBetsy View Post
After leaving Epcot, I went shopping at Walmart with my roommates. Had to stock up on groceries for the week!
You mean to tell us that you left the "Disney Bubble"

Me DH DD14 DM
bzzelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #85
PrincessBetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
You mean you don't live, breathe, and EAT in disney 24/7?? You have to grocery shop? Now I picture you as more of a "normal" person like me... well, not really since you are a CM and I'm not... but you are shattering my illusions just a bit!
Mickey usually provides us with food, but he was slacking last week. Good thing I was there to help him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
So you didn't get ice cream at Ghirardelli? I don't think I could have left there to get ice cream somewhere else.
Nope, they didn't have any soft serve. Next time I'm in DTD I'll definitely be having ice cream there though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Hmmm, it might have been rich and decadent but fro yo is no substitute for ice cream. Can't beat the free choccy from Ghirardelli (unless it's the peanut butter one and then I politely refuse)
I completely agree. Frozen yogurt will never be as good as ice cream. Love those free chocolates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzelady View Post
You mean to tell us that you left the "Disney Bubble"
Shocking, eh?
Old 07-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #86
PrincessBetsy

Plaza Ice Cream Parlour – June 26th

You might recall earlier that I mentioned a new sundae at the Plaza. I am pleased to tell you that I finally had a chance to try it… in the name of research of course.

The Revised Menu:

All-American Sundae – Old-fashioned vanilla and chocolate ice cream with hot fudge, peanut butter drizzle, whipped cream, and a cherry:

My roommate joined me in the festivities and also ordered one. We took our ice cream outside and enjoyed it in the little alley way on Main Street:

This was INCREDIBLE. There is a ton of hot fudge and peanut butter, so much that it began dripping over the edge. Quite messy, but ridiculously delicious. I love the presentation too, don’t you?

Darn the Plaza and its ability to eat my paycheck…
Old 07-01-2012, 09:43 PM   #87
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Your research was well conducted!! I have to admit that I'm not a fan of chocolate ice cream but everything else about that sundae sounds outstanding. Love the little chocolate/pb morsels.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:22 PM   #88
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Wow, that sundae looks awesome! The peanut butter and fudge combo reminds me of the No Way Jose at Beaches & Cream (I've never had it, but it seems to be a favorite), so I can only imagine that this sundae is going to become very popular.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #89
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

mmmmmm!!! That ice cream looks great & def. never saw a review of it yet!!! I'm getting that!!
happy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:30 AM   #90
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Oh wow I want that sundae, it looks delicous and you picked the perfect spot to sit and enjoy it
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: