Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #61
PrincessBetsy
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Kouzzina – Breakfast (June 23rd)

What an exciting day! I made reservations for 9:15 for Kouzzina for myself and two of my roommates. We woke up, grabbed a bus, and walked over to The Boardwalk. After taking some pictures (totally felt like tourists), we went to check in. We were about 15 minutes early and were seated in a few minutes. This was my first time here, so I couldn’t wait to try the food!

I love the décor in here. Such a pretty restaurant.

Decisions decisions

I decided to order the Classic Golden Waffle - with Whipped Mascarpone Cheese, Honey, and Chopped Pecans and choice of Bacon or Chicken Sausage:

Good lord. These were amazing. The waffles were crispy on the outside, yet soft on the inside. I’ve never had mascarpone cheese before – Oh. My. Gosh. The chicken sausage was very well seasoned and overall delicious. My two roommates also ordered the waffles, but they had bacon instead, which they deemed incredible. One also had a side order of potatoes. I tried some but they weren’t anything special, just your basic potatoes with a bit of spice. Oh and you only get a handful for around $5.

Overall, we were all very impressed with Kouzzina and would love to come back here for dinner. This definitely receives a…
PrincessBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #62
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Oh My!!! Those look AMAZING! Kouzzina isn't on our list, but I'm almost thinking we might need to do an OOP breakfast, especially since we are staying right at YC and it will be so close.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #63
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

Booked for a breakfast at Kouzzina in October - was service ok or really slow? I ask because much as we love Kouzzina at dinner the service is always painfully slow and I'd hate to miss am park hours because of a slow breakfast.

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #64
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Breakfast at Kouzzina looks great except what is with those anaemic sausages I like my sausages a little (actually, a lot) more 'done' than that. Mind you, I'm a bacon lovin' gal so would have had that as my side instead.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #65
kelleigh1
Disney Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Breakfast at Kouzzina looks great except what is with those anaemic sausages I like my sausages a little (actually, a lot) more 'done' than that. Mind you, I'm a bacon lovin' gal so would have had that as my side instead.
Chicken sausages don't usually get as dark as regular pork sausage, so that might be part of the reason they look so "anemic".

Old 06-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #66
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

The Baklava French Toast is amazing!

Jill in CO
Old 06-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #67
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

Great review Betsy!! I hope you are having a wonderful time working in WDW!!! I am VERY happy you reviewed Kouzinna @ breakfast since I was considering cancelling our ADR. Looks like we will be going here!!! Your waffles look delish & I'm not even a waffle person.
happy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:09 AM   #68
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

I've really got to stop reading your reviews whilst I am eating breakfast

Oh I want those waffles and I want them NOW !!!!
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #69
PrincessBetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
Oh My!!! Those look AMAZING! Kouzzina isn't on our list, but I'm almost thinking we might need to do an OOP breakfast, especially since we are staying right at YC and it will be so close.
That's so convenient! The breakfast isn't ridiculously expensive if you do decide to go. It's definitely a great way to start the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
Booked for a breakfast at Kouzzina in October - was service ok or really slow? I ask because much as we love Kouzzina at dinner the service is always painfully slow and I'd hate to miss am park hours because of a slow breakfast.
Service was fine for us, but it also wasn't that busy. Since I took pictures, I can tell you how long it took:

Checked in at 8:57
Seated at 9:01
Received food at 9:13
In Epcot at 9:57 (and that includes the boat ride over there)

Kouzzina begins serving at 7:30, so you could definitely make it over to Epcot for park opening at 9. It might be difficult to get to another park for opening though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
The bacon was really good according to my roommates. My sausage was crispy on the outside and definitely cooked all the way through - it might not look as done because it is chicken. If you love bacon though, I'd say stick to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
Chicken sausages don't usually get as dark as regular pork sausage, so that might be part of the reason they look so "anemic".
Agreed! Quite delicious, even if they look a little underdone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
The Baklava French Toast is amazing!

Jill in CO
Oh gosh! I was torn between that and the waffles. I might have to go back someday to try that because it sounded so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2012 View Post
Great review Betsy!! I hope you are having a wonderful time working in WDW!!! I am VERY happy you reviewed Kouzinna @ breakfast since I was considering cancelling our ADR. Looks like we will be going here!!! Your waffles look delish & I'm not even a waffle person.
Thank you! I absolutely love my job (except when I'm dealing with angry guests of course ) I'm sure you will love the breakfast here. I kept watching everyone's food come out of the kitchen and everything looked amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
I've really got to stop reading your reviews whilst I am eating breakfast

Oh I want those waffles and I want them NOW !!!!
Oh man! You should definitely wait until after you're done eating I could actually go for those waffles right now too.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #70
PrincessBetsy

Karmel Kuche – June 23rd

After our fantastic breakfast at Kouzzina, my roommates and I took a friendship boat over to Epcot. We went on a few attractions over in Future World, and then explored World Showcase. My roommates and I actually got a Duffy stamped at all the Kidcot stops… yup, we’re just that cool.

Of course I had to stop in Germany for one of these:

Dark Chocolate Caramel with Sea Salt

Woah, was this decadent. I actually split this into quarters and ate it over the next few days. It was excellent caramel, which was well balanced with the salt on top. What an interesting sweet treat!

This was very good, but not my favorite snack here (so far it’s the chocolate caramel cookie). I would have this again, but probably not for a while. This receives a…
Old 06-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #71
kelleigh1
Disney Baby

That sea salt caramel is on my "must" list for this trip. I've seen it on several reports and it always gets me drooling.

Btw, I kept meaning to ask if you'v ever read that book, Mousetrapped by Catherine Ryan Howard? She worked at Disney for a year. She was from Ireland and she worked in one of the resorts and then she wrote about it. You might find it interesting.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #72
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the feedback about your timings at your breakfast - very impressed with the detail. We have a 7.30 am reservation so should be good to get to EPCOT for 9am opening. Thanks again

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #73
scanne
OK, I must have really small ears
It is great to get exposure
Might get a tutorial from a student

Location: NJ but I wish I lived somewhere in Florida like Cinderella's Castle!

Is the caramel inside the same as the caramel they use to coat the apples? I love that caramel....and I am intrigued by the salted caramel. Does it only come in dark chocolate or is it offered in milk as well?
Thanks!!!
scanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:06 PM   #74
bzzelady
DIS Veteran

Signing on to read your adventures

Me DH DD14 DM
bzzelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #75
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I am so getting those waffles at Kouzzina next trip. I had the skillet breakfast last time which was just ehh.. But those waffles I've had my eye on so I was glad to see you order those! I agree with you, Kouzzina is a lovely restaurant.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: