Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2012, 01:15 AM   #16
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Splash Mountain is such fun! What a great place to be working - I can't wait to hear all about it.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:50 AM   #17
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

splash Mountain - how exciting - we'll be looking out for you in October

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #18
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBetsy View Post
No worries, I'll be working at Splash Mountain, which is just as awesome

That sounds like so much fun! I will definitely try to make it over there, just have to make sure I get the day off. Can't wait to meet you!

:
Great! Splash Mountain is one of our favorites (DH's hands-down fave). We will PM you as we get closer to the day/time so we can make sure we don't miss you!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #19
PrincessBetsy
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
What a fun attraction to work!!! Congrats! We'll definitely go on that a few times in August! Can you let us know your days off so I wouldn't be looking for you then?? (if you feel like sharing that much info in a public forum. )
I am so excited! I will definitely let you all know my days off. I'll probably be posting my schedule on my blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmarie06 View Post
Subing! You and I sound A LOT alike! Have so much fun! What a great attraction. I wish I would have done the DCP. I have always wanted to be server at Crystal Palace or work in the Emporium! Can't wait to read more!
Thank you! I'm so glad you are joining along. I absolutely love the DCP so far, it's been such a great experience. I would also really enjoy working on Main Street, but the lack of attractions there probably wouldn't work out for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamfam3 View Post
Watch out for Brer Alligator!
Indeed! He be a tricky one, that Brer Alligator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Splash Mountain is such fun! What a great place to be working - I can't wait to hear all about it.
Thanks! I'm so excited

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
splash Mountain - how exciting - we'll be looking out for you in October
Fantastic! I would love to meet you

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore View Post
Great! Splash Mountain is one of our favorites (DH's hands-down fave). We will PM you as we get closer to the day/time so we can make sure we don't miss you!
Huzzah! It's going to be great to meet up with you. Can't wait

Mini Update:

Today I learned all about the FASTPASS machines and learned a bit about the greeter role. And we actually got to work in the FASTPASS area today! It was so much fun to interact and help guests. Looking forward to tomorrow.
PrincessBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #20
PrincessBetsy

Riverside Mill Food Court – Dinner (June 10th)

Time to start the food reviews!

My family arrived in Walt Disney World on June 10th, the day before my check in. Once we reached Pop Century and checked in, we went to our room, and then decided to have some dinner. As most of you probably know from previous reviews, my family absolutely loves Port Orleans Riverside; making the Riverside Mill Food Court the perfect spot for our dinner.

I headed over to the create-your-own pasta station, where I had this:

Fettuccine with Marinara Sauce, Chicken, Prosciutto, Onions, and Parmesan Cheese
This is also served with a garlic breadstick. I love getting pasta from this station because there are so many different options. Plus, the chefs create your dish right in front of your eyes, which is quite neat. Normally I share this, but I was absolutely starving. I may or may not have eaten almost the entire thing…

My brother, Andrew, and my Mom both ordered the Kid’s Turkey Meal with Milk, Mashed Potatoes, Corn, and Corn Bread:

My Dad had the Kid’s Roast Beef Meal with Mashed Potatoes, Vegetable Medley, and Corn Bread:

All three enjoyed their meals. The only negative comment was from my Dad regarding the vegetables, which were bland, mushy, and way overcooked. Otherwise, this is a great, satisfying meal, for an even more satisfying price.

We thought this deserved a…

What’s a dining review without starting off with the Captain?

We headed back to our resort after and went to bed. Since the DCP began on the following day, we woke up really early (around 5 am) and drove to check-in. My family dropped me off, while I filled out paperwork and did housing nonsense, then picked me back up later.

Up Next: Sandwiches from the Earl
Old 06-16-2012, 09:57 PM   #21
dolfinjuls
DIS Veteran

Hi...joining in! Congrats on the CP and Splash! Sounds like it will be a blast!

Those kids meals look great there! I'll add that on my things to try list!
1994: 1st Trip @ age 12 off-site, 2000: Senior Trip@ All-Star Sports, August 10-16th 2008 @ Pop! First trip with family!, July 20-30 2009 @ SSR! First trip as DVC members!, Nov 27-Dec 4 2010 @ Pop! 11/4-11/10/11 @ AKV/Pop!, Nov4-8th 2012 at DHHIR On deck: Oct 31-Nov 8 at Pop!
dolfinjuls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:41 AM   #22
HolidayRose
Mouseketeer

I am excited to be following your reviews for two reasons....first, my son wants to get into the Disney college program in another year and I am scoping this out for him, and second, I was also at the Blackbeard festival in Hampton VA this year...so you're a neighbor! Best wishes to you.
HolidayRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #23
PrincessBetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfinjuls View Post
Hi...joining in! Congrats on the CP and Splash! Sounds like it will be a blast!

Those kids meals look great there! I'll add that on my things to try list!
Ahoy there mate! Thank you so much and thanks for reading! Kid's meals are usually a surprisingly good deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolidayRose View Post
I am excited to be following your reviews for two reasons....first, my son wants to get into the Disney college program in another year and I am scoping this out for him, and second, I was also at the Blackbeard festival in Hampton VA this year...so you're a neighbor! Best wishes to you.
WOW. That's awesome!!! There were some ridiculous storms at the festival; I can't believe that there was a tornado. Does your son know what role he would like? If you have any questions, feel free to ask away!
Old 06-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #24
Tink-n-MrIncredible
DIS Veteran

Good Luck on your DCP. I think you will have a good time working Splash Mountain. I have enjoyed your review so far. Looking forward to reading your reviews.
Tink-n-MrIncredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:51 PM   #25
scanne
OK, I must have really small ears
It is great to get exposure
Might get a tutorial from a student

Location: NJ but I wish I lived somewhere in Florida like Cinderella's Castle!

Well, since we will be in WDW in less than two months.......and since we love Splash Mountain....I will be sure to say hello to a fellow DISer!!!!

Love the review of Riverside Mill. We will be staying at POR as well and that make-your-own-pasta looks awesome!

Thanks for taking the time to share!
1/92 CBR;12/96 ASMu; 6/98 CSR; 6/00 GF; 4/01 Disneyland; 6/01 Polynesian; 12/01 AK and GF; 8/03 WL; 2/04 ASMu; 10/04 WL; 7/05 Polynesian; 10/05 WL; 7/06 WL; 9/06 GF; 7/07 POP and Polynesian; 12/07 WL; 8/08 Beach Club; 6/09 Beach Club; 7/10 Portofino Bay and Polynesian; 8/11 Royal Pacific and WL; 10/11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge for MNSSHP; 7 and 8/12 Split stay at POR (Royal Guest Room) and Wilderness Lodge again ; 8/13 WL OFC!; 11/13 - Disneyland Paradise Pier; 2/2014 Wilderness Lodge/RunDisney!; 8/2014 Hard Rock Hotel/Beach Club - Stone Harbor Club/Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf for my 40th Birthday!

scanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #26
PrincessBetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-n-MrIncredible View Post
Good Luck on your DCP. I think you will have a good time working Splash Mountain. I have enjoyed your review so far. Looking forward to reading your reviews.
Thank you There is a lot to learn, but I really love working at Splash. Thanks for coming aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanne View Post
Well, since we will be in WDW in less than two months.......and since we love Splash Mountain....I will be sure to say hello to a fellow DISer!!!!

Love the review of Riverside Mill. We will be staying at POR as well and that make-your-own-pasta looks awesome!

Thanks for taking the time to share!
Sweet! That's awesome that you will be here in less than 2 months. Can't wait to meet you!

I'm sure you will love POR. I have pics in my last dining review of our room if you'd like to check them out.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #27
PrincessBetsy

Earl of Sandwich – Lunch (June 11th)

Once my family was reunited, we moved my belongings into my room and decided to have lunch. What better place than Downtown Disney? Earl of Sandwich it is!

We decided to share sandwiches here because we had plans to have ice cream later… mwahahaha.

Andrew and my Mom shared this sandwich:

Ham and Swiss - Roasted Ham with Swiss cheese and Earl's mustard sauce
This is definitely their new favorite sandwich. They really liked the mustard sauce with the ham and swiss.

My Dad and I shared the All American - roast turkey, buttermilk ranch, cranberries, cheddar cheese, lettuce, and roma tomato:

Yum! This was so good. I absolutely loved the cranberries on the sandwich; the only thing I didn’t like was the tomato.

We also order Potato Salad and Baked Chips as two sides:

The chips were meh, but I don’t really care for baked chips as it is. My parents liked them though. We all really liked the potato salad! It wasn’t overly dressed and had the perfect amount of seasonings. Definitely a good side item!

We all absolutely love EOS. It is a great place to have lunch or dinner while in Downtown Disney. The line can get long at times, but just wait it out – it will move pretty quickly. There isn’t a whole lot of seating inside, but there are plenty of seats outside, as well as some along the water. If you enjoy sandwiches, then you definitely need to come here!

This receives a…

Coming up: Ice Cream Time!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #28
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Splash Mountain is so cool! Congrats!!! Loving the reviews and can't wait to hear more.

Jill in CO
Old 06-19-2012, 10:22 PM   #29
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

Congrats on the Splash Mountain assignment, that's awesome! I love your reviews so I'll definitely keep an eye out for you at SM, it'd be great fun to be able to say hi to you!
BlovesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #30
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the updates! Mmmmmm the turkey and roast beef kid meals look good - except those limp veggies with the roast beef. No bueno.

I am in LOVE with EoS!!! They are opening one at DTD in CA (Disneyland) so I will finally have one that I don't have to wait to go to FL or Vegas to visit.

I am looking forward to reading more!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: