Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #151
Roma
Mouseketeer

I am incredibly intrigued by the cookie swirl ice cream. I don't know if you're familiar with/have ever been to the grocery store Giant but they have a chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream that is flavored like cookie dough in addition to having the classic chunks so maybe this is the same concept (minus the chunks).

I've been to the real Morocco/Marrakech and I love seeing pictures of that restaurant! I know the food is a little intimidating for a lot of American palates but I'm of the opinion that there is something for everyone in Middle Eastern/North African cuisine .
Old 08-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #152
PrincessBetsy
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

July 12th

Pecos Bill

When you go to Pecos Bill there is only one place to sit: The Captain Jack Sparrow Room. To find said room, you must travel down this hallway:

Once you spot this display case, you’ll know you’ve found the treasure:

Jar of Dirt!

Pretty neat, eh? Oh yes, onto the food!

Kid’s Cheeseburger with French Fries, Chocolate Chip Cookie, and Chocolate Milk
Like I’ve said numerous times before, this isn’t going to be the best burger on property. It is, however, one of the best deals on property. You can get this awesome kid’s meal, then go to the toppings bar and go crazy. It has the usual lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles, but it also has mushrooms, sautéed onions, and cheese sauce. I love the onions here… so good. I was very surprised that my burger was actually warm this time, as well as the fries. Way to go Pecos! Oh yes, I also wanted to mention the self-ordering kiosks they have here. You can put your order in on the screen, take your receipt, and go up to the counter. There usually isn’t a line, so it saves quite a bit of time. Plus, you don’t have to stand behind indecisive families that are on the dining plan – a win win if you ask me!

Before I went to lunch, I went to Captain Jack Sparrow’s Pirate Tutorial. Just couldn’t resist.

And he even posed for me. So in love…

Main Street Bakery

As I was heading out of the park, I decided to have some dessert in my quaint little alleyway.

Chocolate Cake

Oh yeahhhhhh. This is absolutely heavenly. A three layer chocolate cake filled with thick, rich chocolate frosting. Doesn’t get any better than this folks. As I was finishing up my cake, the Main Street Philharmonic came out to do a show. As soon as they were on stage they started playing zip-a-dee-do-dah. Quite fitting if you ask me…
PrincessBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #153
livinlife25
DIS Veteran

That chocolate cake looks delicious! Where is that little alleyway? Is it normally pretty quiet?

April 2014- Pop Century
Jan 2013- POR
Sep 2009- AKL
2 visits in 1990's- OKW
livinlife25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #154
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

I love that little alleyway too! I did the Keys to the Kingdom tour and our guide took us over there for a short rest and some info. To be honest I'm usually so excited once I get in the MK that I never even noticed it was there. But now that I know, I like to grab something to eat and stop there. Great tip about the kids burger. I will remember that!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #155
deenbrad
DIS Veteran

My husband would love that cake! I'll have to remember....
off-site many times 1989-2009 (including half of our honeymoon in 1996!), Pop Century May 2011
deenbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #156
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

LOVE me some PB & JS!!!
Old 08-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #157
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

That little alleyway looks like a lovely, peaceful place to sit. Can't wait to sit there and devour my cinnamon roll from MSB in a couple of weeks

We will be at MK on Tuesday 28th August. We will be sure to see if Princess Betsy is working at Splash that day
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:41 AM   #158
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Those tables at the back of the Main Street Bakery are 100% my fave place to sit in the Magic Kingdom

Mmm - cheese danish in hand
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #159
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Mmmmmm that chocolate cake looks lovely. What a perfect treat in a perfect little setting! Now if Jack would have joined you that really would have been perfect! Thanks for the kid cheeseburger info and the toppings bar.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #160
krhst25
Mouseketeer

Hi! I have been lurking truly enjoy reading your report. Thanks for the seating tips and the great food reviews!

krhst25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #161
butiflfeet
DIS Veteran

I love that little alley in MK! Its so nice to be able to sit down with a cinnamon roll or some ice cream and just watch the park go by
Old 08-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #162
HoneyBeeM
Earning My Ears

That kids cheeseburger is definitely the way to go. I'm more in love with the toppings bar at Pecos Bill than the actual meat patty itself. If I could just have the cheese and bun....loaded up with toppings....that'd be fine with me!
Old 08-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #163
PrincessBetsy
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

T-Rex – July 25th

A few of my roommates and a friend from work decided to have lunch at T-Rex. None of us had been here before, so we were very excited to eat here. Who wouldn’t want to have lunch with dinosaurs?

The kitchen is on fire!

Here we are:

Looking a little blue, eh?

We were in the ice age room and it changes colors when the meteor hits.

At first this room seems pretty awesome, but it will get to you after a while. The room changes colors pretty often and you will most likely get a headache.

I had the Stegosaurus Steak and Cheese Sandwich - traditional-style cheese steak with sautéed onions, peppers and mushroom, topped with melted Monterey jack and Swiss cheeses served with lettuce and tomatoes on a toasted hoagie roll

This was a huge portion! I loved all the toppings on this sandwich; so yummy! The meat was a little tough, but overall was pretty good. I wasn’t a huge fan of the chips, but you can substitute them for seasoned curly fries (for an additional charge) and they are amazing. I would rate this a…

I would probably eat here just for the experience; let’s face it, dinosaurs are stinking awesome. I wouldn’t eat here, however, if you are expecting fantastic meal. If you want a really good steak and cheese sandwich, I would go to the Plaza at the Magic Kingdom. It is absolutely heavenly, plus you won’t get a headache from the constantly changing colors of the ice age room.

Last edited by PrincessBetsy; 08-13-2012 at 03:41 PM.
PrincessBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:41 AM   #164
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

We've never tried T Rex, I guess I just thought it would be too noisy

Love the picture of all the girls
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:34 AM   #165
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

For some reason I thought T-Rex was similar to Rain Forest Cafe - maybe/maybe not. The ice room looks really interesting from the photos. Your cheesesteak sandwich looks pretty good. Sorry the chips weren't that great. Do they have a lava cake option like they do at RFC? I suppose I could look at the menu and not be so lazy!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: