Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
PrincessBetsy
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I Hear a Rumor… PrincessBetsy is in Walt Disney World–A DCP Dining Review *9/24

I Hear a Rumor… PrincessBetsy is in Walt Disney World – A DCP Dining Review

Ahoy there mates! Perhaps you have joined me for my previous dining reviews or just happened to stumble upon this one by chance. Regardless of your way of arrival, I’m glad you’re here.

I am Betsy, a 21 year old recent college graduate. I have been to Walt Disney World 25 times, beginning when I was just a wee little lass at the age of 3. Disney has always been a huge part of my life, so I decided to apply for the Disney College Program. I checked in on June 11th and will be working in Attractions in Frontierland until January 2nd. Needless to say, I am ecstatic and can’t wait to begin this magical journey!

Here is a picture from my last trip to WDW:

A few things I should probably warn you about:
1. I love pirates
2. I love Captain Jack Sparrow
3. I love to eat

Savvy? Here I am on June 2nd at the Blackbeard Pirate Festival in Hampton, VA:

This is going to be different from most dining reviews, since I will be updating this sporadically throughout my time in WDW. Hopefully I’ll get to try a variety of new and exciting dining experiences, which I look forward to sharing with all of you! If anyone has any suggestions or has a hankering for something in particular, just let me know and I’ll try to review it. I’ll gladly take one for the team.

If any of you are planning to visit WDW while I’m there, feel free to stop by my attraction! I’ll let you all know my exact work location as soon as I find out. I’m also always up for a DIS meet - it would be great to meet you all in person!

Oh yes… I should probably invoke some sort of rating system. Well since you all seem to love pirates as much as I do, you will probably find this to be satisfactory:

Captain Jack Sparrow
Captain Jack is intelligent, cunning, and witty, making him a clever pirate indeed. Handsome devil isn’t he?

This is one of the best meals you have ever had in your entire life. You often spend time dreaming of this food and try to recreate it at home. This is definitely a must do on your next trip!

Hector Barbossa
An excellent pirate and swordsman, Barbossa is definitely someone to watch out for.

This is a good, solid meal. It is pretty gosh darn tasty, and something you would have again.

Angelica
Angelica is incredibly sly and a good swordfighter, but not among the best pirates of all time.

This meal is just okay and not too memorable. You probably wouldn’t go out of your way to eat this again.

Blackbeard
The one pirate that all pirates fear. Blackbeard is downright evil, greedy, and ruthless.

This is a dreadful meal and one you would never want to eat again. Run away quickly and don’t look back.

Alrighty! Now that you know a little bit about me and we have a rating system in place, you all should probably hop aboard and weigh anchor. We be setting our course for Walt Disney World.

To learn more about my Disney College Program experience, please read my blog:
http://thewildestrideinthewilderness.blogspot.com/

*The opinions and comments in this thread are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, policies or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort. (Figured I should put some sort of disclaimer in here )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reviews
Riverside Mill Food Court - Dinner
Earl of Sandwich - Lunch
Ghirardelli
Everything Pop - Dinner
Riverside Mill - Breakfast, Dinner, and Dessert
Hollywood Hills Theater
Columbia Harbour House
Plaza Ice Cream Parlour
Kouzzina - Breakfast
Karmel Kuche
Downtown Disney
Plaza Ice Cream Parlour
Seashore Sweets
Main Street Bakery - Desserts
Sleepy Hollow
Storybook Treats, Cosmic Ray’s, Gasparilla Grill and Games
Yak and Yeti
Plaza Ice Cream Parlour
Restaurant Marrakesh
Pecos Bill, Main Street Bakery
Roaring Forks
Sunshine Seasons
Beaches and Cream
Crystal Palace
Whispering Canyon
Snacks and Wawa
Nine Dragons

Last edited by PrincessBetsy; 09-24-2012 at 01:06 AM.
PrincessBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #2
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

YAY, you are there! I hope you get to work at POTC!!!

We are organizing a mini DIS meet at the Tambu Lounge on August 5th around 6-6:30ish if you're available. We' love to meet you. If that time/place doesn't work for you, we will absolutely come find you at your attraction (which I hope is POTC)! ETA: Ooops, just saw on your other thread that you will be in Frontierland! Well, that's not gonna stink! Have fun!

Yo-Ho!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
jabead
DIS Veteran

How exciting Betsy!!! I wish I was in your shoes...but I doubt they would take old ladies like me into their College Program. But, although it seems that neither of my college-age daughters will be able to fit this into their schedule, I'm still holding out hope for my highschool-age son.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to hearing about all your Disney adventures...both Dining and otherwise!

Oh, and I forgot to say...Congrats on your recent college graduation!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - #3
- and - APRIL 2014 REVIEW - My Solo Birthday Trip

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
donnaf516
DIS Veteran

Followed you from your dining review. Hope you have a great time while in the college program...how can't you, you're living at the best place in the world!

August 2010 - POR °O° August 2011 - CBR °O° February 2012 - Pop °O° August 2012 - BC °O° August 2013 - POFQ °O° August 2014 - POFQ ºOº December 2014 - AOA
donnaf516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:38 PM   #5
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

another report so soon - can't wait :

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #6
scanne
OK, I must have really small ears
It is great to get exposure
Might get a tutorial from a student

Location: NJ but I wish I lived somewhere in Florida like Cinderella's Castle!

Can't wait to read your ongoing reviews!
scanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #7
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

How fun! I'm definitely in for this!

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
DsnyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:34 PM   #8
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I'm excited about another Princess Betsy review!!!! You know I'll look you up in August!!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:01 AM   #9
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear about your College Program experience (and the food) - have fun!
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #10
jerseytinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you're going to have a great time! I really look forward to hearing all about your experience, and the food of course.
jerseytinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #11
PrincessBetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore View Post
YAY, you are there! I hope you get to work at POTC!!!

We are organizing a mini DIS meet at the Tambu Lounge on August 5th around 6-6:30ish if you're available. We' love to meet you. If that time/place doesn't work for you, we will absolutely come find you at your attraction (which I hope is POTC)! ETA: Ooops, just saw on your other thread that you will be in Frontierland! Well, that's not gonna stink! Have fun!

Yo-Ho!
No worries, I'll be working at Splash Mountain, which is just as awesome

That sounds like so much fun! I will definitely try to make it over there, just have to make sure I get the day off. Can't wait to meet you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
How exciting Betsy!!! I wish I was in your shoes...but I doubt they would take old ladies like me into their College Program. But, although it seems that neither of my college-age daughters will be able to fit this into their schedule, I'm still holding out hope for my highschool-age son.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to hearing about all your Disney adventures...both Dining and otherwise!

Oh, and I forgot to say...Congrats on your recent college graduation!
Nah, you're never too old! As long as you are enrolled in a college, you can do the college program. It's a great experience for people of all ages. Also your daughters could always do the program after they graduate, if they are interested. Thank you and thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaf516 View Post
Followed you from your dining review. Hope you have a great time while in the college program...how can't you, you're living at the best place in the world!
Sweet! Thanks for coming over here too I'm having such a great time already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
another report so soon - can't wait :
Haha, yeah I figured I would wrap up the other one, then start this one. I wanted to finish it before work began. Thanks for joining along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanne View Post
Can't wait to read your ongoing reviews!
Yay! Thanks so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama View Post
How fun! I'm definitely in for this!
Cool beans. I'm so glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I'm excited about another Princess Betsy review!!!! You know I'll look you up in August!!
YES! We should definitely meet up Thanks for reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Can't wait to hear about your College Program experience (and the food) - have fun!
Thank you for coming over to this review!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseytinkerbell View Post
Sounds like you're going to have a great time! I really look forward to hearing all about your experience, and the food of course.
Yes indeed. Thanks for reading!
Old 06-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #12
PrincessBetsy

I found out my main work location today! I'll be working at...

SPLASH MOUNTAIN

How awesome is that? This is one of my favorite attractions, so I'm so excited to begin training!
Old 06-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #13
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

What a fun attraction to work!!! Congrats! We'll definitely go on that a few times in August! Can you let us know your days off so I wouldn't be looking for you then?? (if you feel like sharing that much info in a public forum. )
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:29 PM   #14
ashmarie06
DIS Veteran

Subing! You and I sound A LOT alike! Have so much fun! What a great attraction. I wish I would have done the DCP. I have always wanted to be server at Crystal Palace or work in the Emporium! Can't wait to read more!
Old 06-15-2012, 10:31 PM   #15
grahamfam3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I found out my main work location today! I'll be working at...

SPLASH MOUNTAIN

Watch out for Brer Alligator!
grahamfam3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: