Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Pudge Controls the Weather-A Disney Dream TR 4/10-4/15(Last Day new 5/26)

For those of you interested, I started a Trip Report on the Parks board if any of you want to follow along.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2911210

ETA: I will be posting the cruise portion over here, but if you want to see the "Land" portion, go to the link above.

Last edited by jecskc; 05-26-2012 at 07:35 AM.
jecskc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #2
Skyw
DIS Veteran

I will meet you there!!!
Fort Wilderness Cabins-2004,2007,2007,2009,2010,2011
Skyw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #3
Skyw
DIS Veteran

I am going to Bump this up. They are getting to the cruise part soon!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #4
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyw View Post
I am going to Bump this up. They are getting to the cruise part soon!!!
Thanks Skyw !! Why are you staying on the down low ?? Jump in and say hello !!

Yes, Day Five is when we board the dream. Just two more day 4 installments and then the good stuff starts. Hope to see y'all over there !!

I am thinking about posting here and over on that thread at the same time, so the cruise people can see it here and the park people can see it over there. Thoughts ??
Old 05-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #5
Skyw
DIS Veteran

If they are desperate like me, they will check everyday and find your report!!!!LOL

I think the link is good. I just bump ya up a few times when the cruise starts!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #6
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyw View Post
If they are desperate like me, they will check everyday and find your report!!!!LOL

I think the link is good. I just bump ya up a few times when the cruise starts!!!
LOL ....

I am getting to it !! I have to extend my Disney magic as long as possible. I have just as many pictures and commentary on the boat as well.

Thanks a bunch !!
Old 05-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #8
Skyw
DIS Veteran

I am there.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #9
jecskc
DIS Veteran

I have decided to go ahead and post the cruise portion of my trip report over here on the cruise thread. So here is the first four parts of Day 1 of our cruuse.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 1 of the cruise – Part One – Boarding the Dream

The day we board the Disney Dream. The day we have been waiting for almost two years. Since we didn’t have to be at the terminal until 11:00 AM, we slept in a bit and then packed up the car and headed over to Jambo House to use our last four counter service credits for breakfast.

I left the camera in the car and didn’t get food pictures, but DH had the bounty platter, I had the croissant sandwich (which I really liked, by the way) and DD and DS got Mickey waffles. Your basic breakfast stuff. It was good and filling.
We got back to the car and with great excitement headed towards Port Canaveral. And with this piece of information, we conclude our LAND portion of this TR and move onto the SEA portion. Very exciting.

There was much moaning from DH about all of the toll booths. We spent about $ 3.75 or so on tolls, but we were ready for it with a bag full of quarters. Reading on the DIS helped us with this info.

After about an hour we got our first glimpse for the Dream

The kids screamed from the back seat. They were so excited.

We pulled into the drop off area and gave our checked bags to the porter there.

We parked on the third floor of the parking garage.

We grabbed our carry-on bags (we had two) and headed in to the terminal.

We checked in with no problems and received boarding number 13

Which I was happy with. I knew we wouldn’t wait long for that. DH took photos while I checked DD in for her kid’s club. DS was old enough not to have to be registered, so he hung out with DH.

As we were in line for DD’s check-in, I heard them start calling numbers for groups to board. We were so excited. We got DD’s wristband for her club and went to find the boys. I knew it would be a few more minutes, so we watched Dumbo on one of the TVs they had while we waited. It didn’t take long and they called our number.

They took our photo right before boarding. I didn’t get a copy, it wasn’t that great.

DD on the gangway.

DS and DH on the gangway right before boarding the Dream.

There was a slight wait as they announced everyone’s names and clapped.

I was trying to roll a carry on and take photos at the same time.

And finally, we were aboard. The Atrium chandelier

The Atrium and its grand staircase.

Once we got on board, it was about 11:30 AM or so. And we had no idea what to do. So we found a spot off to the side and consulted our map like the newbies that we were.

The front

And the back.

We decided that we would eat lunch at the Enchanted Garden, but it wasn’t open until noon, so we did some aimless wandering and photo taking.

The kids outside the Walt Disney Theatre

Marble flooring.

DD on the throne.

Last edited by jecskc; 05-06-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #10
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 1 of the cruise -Part Two

The throne without DD

And then it was time for lunch. There was a small line because we got there early.

Waiting room outside Enchanted Garden

Décor

Inside

It is a very pretty restaurant. My pitiful photos don’t do it justice.

Drink of the Day – Bahama Mama

Fountain

The lunch was a buffet and the food was OK. We were glad we got there early because the line got really long. Lunch was quiet, though and we enjoyed it.

Then we went back up on deck 11 (Enchanted Garden was on deck 2) to look around.

All of the food options up there.

Then we went with DS to check out the Edge which was the kid’s club he was to go to. It was up in one of the funnels. The forward one, I think.

Photos of the Edge – DS LOVED it here.

Wallpaper detail

Donald Duck was randomly walking around.

Some more Deck 11 photos.

Last edited by jecskc; 05-06-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #12
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 1 of the cruise – Part Four

Back out towards the Atrium.

And then it was time to head to our Stateroom. They were ready at 1:30 PM.

We had a DVC member magnet – YAY !!

Here are my BAD photos of our stateroom. We had what is called a 04C category stateroom which is a Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom

Our veranda

To the right

Center below us.

Our bathroom. This is called a split bathroom. One side has a toilet and a sink and the other has a shower/tub and a sink.

Bedside lamp

From the DCL website

Disney Dream Cabin 7114

Disney Dream Cabin 7114 Overview

Disney Dream cabin 7114 is a Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom w/Verandah cabin located in the Midship section of the ship. Located on Deck 7, Disney Dream stateroom 7114 features Connecting Staterooms this stateroom sleeps four to five people and is furnished with a queen-size bed, a single
convertible sofa and upper berth pull-down bed. Also featured is a split bath with tub and shower, remote-control LCD flat screen TV, iPod Docking Station, refrigerator, safe, hair dryer, phone with
voicemail messaging, individual climate control, privacy curtain, and a private verandah.

Disney Dream cabin 7114 is a Category 4C stateroom.

Disney Dream Cabin 7114 Picture

This photo depicts the cabin category of Disney Dream Stateroom 7114.
It is not the actual picture of the stateroom, but should be quite similar to the actual cabin

Disney Dream Stateroom 7114 Deck 7 Location

Disney Dream stateroom 7114 is located on Deck 7. The cabin is located in
the Midship section of the ship. Deck 7 is on deck #7 on Disney Dream and there are 220 staterooms on the deck.

Our luggage had not arrived yet, so I got my magnets out of my binder to decorate our door.

The map to our muster drill. (more on that later)

We rested a bit and checked everything out and just as we were leaving for our DVC Meet and Greet, our luggage started to arrive. We got all six bags in about 10 minutes. So we stayed and unpacked some.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:07 AM   #13
jecskc
DIS Veteran

My battery in my car is dead this morning. So another update while I am waiting on AAA to come and give me a jump start. Happy Monday !!!

Day 1 of the cruise – Part Five

Our Navigator for Day 1 of the cruise

When we got everything unpacked and I hung up our Fish Extender.

And we were all set. Here is an explanation of the Fish Extender and what it is from my PTR.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=91

I had a lot of fun planning for it and making it. Gifts were fun, too. Here is the post for those.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=161

and a couple more posts about gifts

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=165

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=172

Anyway, we really enjoyed doing the Fish Extender group and the kids were always super excited to come back from whatever activity and find gifts. It was really a lot of fun.

Then we headed out to Evolutions for our DVC Meet and Greet. A photo of the terminal on the way.

DVC Meet and Greet was in full swing at Evolution. There were a good many people there, but we kind of sat towards the back because we knew we needed to leave at 3:00 PM because we had a DISmeet with our disboards group at the Vista Café.

Back to the DVC Meet and Greet. They were serving sparkling cider for the kids (and adults not wanting alcohol, which is a concept I don’t understand).

Mimosas for the adults

Evolution

They gave everyone hats.

We also got a binder

DH had his nametag stuck to it.

The inside.

We hung around for about 20 minutes and then ducked out to head over to our Dismeet. My very first Dismeet !!

Some photos on the way.

Evolution was in this area on deck 4 called the District. It was a group of lounges, but it was really a neat place. There were more adult oriented places, but some family lounges, too.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #14
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 1 of the cruise – Part Six

Portholes

D Lounge.

I just loved this piece of artwork.

I guess I was so excited about the Dismeet that I didn’t take any photos. I know .... lame .....

Our group had created a facebook group before our cruise and it was lots of fun to get to know people a little before we met them. Kyirish here on the DIS was handing out nametags when we got there and I started introducing myself to everyone. Some of them I recognized already. It was fun to put names with faces. We stayed about 20 minutes and chatted and then we went back to our room.

We found this waiting on our bed.

It was a box from DVC. With a set of lanyards inside.

Loved them. Used them on the cruise. They came in handy.

At 4:00 PM, it was time for muster, which is the lifeboat drill. We put on our bathing suits and left or cabin about 3:45 pm and headed to our station. And waited, and waited ….. and waited some more for it to start. Apparently, they don’t start the drill until everyone is present. And apparently there were quite a few people who thought that their time was more important than ours because they were late and we all had to wait on them. Very rude. So about 4:20 PM or so, they finally started the drill and after about 15 minutes it over. I understand this is necessary, but it was such a drag. All of the kids were very restless and there were so many people. It would have been not so bad except for the late people making us wait. It really hacked me off. OK. Rant over.

After muster we headed back up on Deck where DD rode the big yellow Mickey hand slide and DS and DH rode the Aquaduck. I had another drink of the day and found a great spot facing the Disney terminal and then the Sail Away party started and at about 5:00 PM, we pulled away from the port. There was a park at the end and people were camping and waving and it was fun. Lots of music and dancing as well, but I forgot my camera and didn’t get any photos.

The spot I had was a little set apart from everyone, but I had an excellent view and a lovely breeze. So I really enjoyed my peaceful sail away.

At about 5:45 PM we headed back to room to get ready for the Golden Mickey’s which started at 6:15 PM. But the kids were having none of that and wanted to head to the kids clubs as soon as they opened at 6:00 PM. We said OK and DS headed off on his own and DH went to take DD to her club because she had to be checked in. DS took the wave phone which was an excellent way for us to communicate with him. You had to do some old school texting and learn how to use it, but he and I are pretty technically savvy, so we got the hang of it right away.

When DH got back, we went to see the Golden Mickeys on our own.

We enjoyed it very much and it was nice to see it …. just the two of us.

Afterwards, we looked in the shops and checked in with DS, who had already made some friends and they were going up to deck 11 to eat. So we said that was OK and to be good and we went and got DD for dinner. We peeked in at the adults only area and took a couple of photos.

We had late seating for dinner, which was 8:15 PM and it was OK, but next time I am going to ask for early seating. I just prefer to eat earlier so my food can settle some before bed. I don’t really like to stay up super late, so I just prefer to eat early and then have some time to do other stuff before bed. Our dining rotation was ERAAE which stand for Enchanted Garden, Royal Palace, Animator’s Palate, Animator’s Palate and then Enchanted Garden again. But we had Palo booked for our last night, so we wouldn’t eat there the last night, but would eat at EG the last morning for breakfast.

So at this point, I am starting to feel a little queasy, so I took a Bonine and we headed to Enchanted Garden.

A photo of the Atrium chandelier again

We were seated at table 24 and we had some VERY nice and fun tablemates from Virginia. It was a woman and her two sons and her mother. Wonderful people. We really enjoyed their company at meals.

Our head sever was Dolan, I think. Our Main waiter was Warren, and our assistant server was Ibrahim, from Turkey.

So we ordered drinks and they brought our bread. Multi-grain Loaf and Country Current Bread with Chickpea-Garlic Purée

For Starters DH ordered - • Heirloom Tomato Soup With Sour Cream, Croutons, and Basil,

I orded • Romaine Wedge fresh crisp Romaine topped with a creamy Romano Dressing and homemade spiced Croutons

By this time, I am starting to struggle with nausea. Someone from the table next to us had to go back to her room because she wasn’t feeling well.

I don’t remember what DD ordered - I didn’t get a photo, but I think she got Mac n Cheese.

I made it through the salad and DH and I both ordered. • Slow Roasted Prime Rib Thyme-roasted Vegetables, Double-baked Potato, Horseradish, and Natural Jus

I had one bite – and I couldn’t get it down. So I quickly excused myself and just made it to the bathroom. Yeah, it was gross. So after that, I felt a little better and went back to the table and had a bite of potatoes. And ……. no. It wasn’t that it didn’t taste good, because it did, but I guess I was seasick. So I gave my apologies to everyone and headed back to our Stateroom to lay down. Just as I got there DS was there, too saying he didn’t feel well either. I was sick a little more and then we both took another Bonine and watched a movie.

Back at the restaurant, DH and DD were fine. DD even took a photo of her dessert for me.

For dessert DH had • Sweet Temptations A trio of Esterhazy Cake, Strawberry Cheesecake, and Chocolate Silk Mousse

But he didn’t get a photo. He said the meal was excellent and I was disappointed that I couldn’t finish. But for the rest of the cruise, I was fine. I kept up with my Bonine though. We even brought ear patches and sea bands but only needed the Bonine, so I was thankful.

After DH brought DD back to the room, he went back out and took some photos.

DD, DS and I watched and movie (Bolt) and settled in for bed. They had on demand movies on the TV and we had a great time watching Disney movies the whole time. We could pause them and go do something and come back and pick it up right where we started. We really enjoyed this feature.

I was feeling well enough to get a shower, so I took one and I LOVED it. It had a large rain shower head. Very nice. I put a pain patch on my ankle which was killing me after those four days at the parks. Did I tell you I had a bad ankle ?? Well I do and it will never be the same. It sucks, but there it is.

We got some post cards as Fish Extender gifts.

And some string bags

These really came in handy. The kids and I used them to carry stuff around the boat and at Castaway Cay.

Other passengers were commenting about our magnets and Fish Extender, so we told them about the Dis and our great group of people.

DH came back and we all went to sleep. We were looking forward to our next day, which was our day at Castaway Cay. The bed was VERY comfortable and a woman in our FE group went straight home and ordered one the mattresses for herself.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #15
kyirish25
DIS Veteran

Sorry you were sick the 1st night. Glad you got it under control though and had a great rest of the cruise. I didn't realize we had the same dining rotation as well. Looking forward to Castaway pictures!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: