Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #571
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

Woo! In the next few week’s i’ll be shifting into the master bedroom at my parents house. We’ve been doing house renovations for a while now and they have added on their brand new bedroom to the back of the house, so I get their old one  It’s got a walk in wardrobe and an ensuite (which is pretty MEAN) I get to play interior decorator for the next few weeks! So will be taking a little break from the gym! I’ve found these really awesome pilates videos that look like an intense workout, so once im all shifted into my new room i’ll start slogging my guts out doing those. I think i’ll put my gym membership on hold for a month or so and see if just doing these pilates videos on their on are enough of a workout. Im planning on doing a mixture of videos including some cardio, a high intensity workout and the rest will be pilates. Pretty sure i’ll be sweating like a pig at the end of it HAHA! You guys should check them out on YouTube. Just search for “pop pilates” I’m planning on doing her bikini blaster series.
KiwiMouseGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #572
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

this week

gym.....
pump on monday
soft start tuesday
ate my body weight in carbs last night, so I think I may have cancelled any good I have done so far....

15 more days of this ..........

when i get to LAX, the first thing i'm doing is getting a burger and chips...with diet coke of course
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #573
mindy32
Mouseketeer

Ugh so frustrated! Weighed in this morning, no loss (100g gain actually). I've never exercised so much! 6 days a week. Yesterday I walked the dog for 30 mins, then did another 8pm walk on the treadmill plus 15 mins hand weights. I swear I better loose weight next week lol
mindy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #574
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy32 View Post
Ugh so frustrated! Weighed in this morning, no loss (100g gain actually). I've never exercised so much! 6 days a week. Yesterday I walked the dog for 30 mins, then did another 8pm walk on the treadmill plus 15 mins hand weights. I swear I better loose weight next week lol
i hear you

I have dropped a whole..1.2kg.....just kill me now.....

at least i havent put it on I guess
Old 08-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #575
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

the last few days, i have managed to get most of our plans for our 2013 trip into place.. i was trying to make things fit one way, and then another, going backwards and forwards with the calendar to try and avoid work commitments, social commitments, birthdays, father's day, you name it, it was causing some kind of issue with my trip planning, and no matter what, i couldn't get the right number of days in the right places to work and for the right price.. and then 2 days ago, i looked at things again, realised there was a perfect window of opportunity, looked online at prices, looked at dates, and realised... it fit PERFECTLY.

i have now dispatched itineraries and pricelists off to the others who will be coming on the trip so that i can get started locking in those dates/times/plans asap.

this long winded lead up is to say that we are locked into a trip in september 2013 now and i have to get cracking.

i have made a commitment that i will be riding Forbidden Journey at Universal Orlando in September next year which means that i have some weight to burn off. That ride is terrible, because not only do you have to sit in a pre-moulded seat (and by seat, i mean coffin, as it is a vertical box like contraption) that is only so wide with no wiggle room whatsoever, but there is an over the shoulder harness that comes down and needs to click into place 3 times before they will "clear" you to ride... currently i have no hope of riding it with the size of my tummy/chest/butt so i am adamant that i will be dropping this weight over the next year.

watch this space.

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #576
australiankaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
the last few days, i have managed to get most of our plans for our 2013 trip into place.. i was trying to make things fit one way, and then another, going backwards and forwards with the calendar to try and avoid work commitments, social commitments, birthdays, father's day, you name it, it was causing some kind of issue with my trip planning, and no matter what, i couldn't get the right number of days in the right places to work and for the right price.. and then 2 days ago, i looked at things again, realised there was a perfect window of opportunity, looked online at prices, looked at dates, and realised... it fit PERFECTLY.

i have now dispatched itineraries and pricelists off to the others who will be coming on the trip so that i can get started locking in those dates/times/plans asap.

this long winded lead up is to say that we are locked into a trip in september 2013 now and i have to get cracking.

i have made a commitment that i will be riding Forbidden Journey at Universal Orlando in September next year which means that i have some weight to burn off. That ride is terrible, because not only do you have to sit in a pre-moulded seat (and by seat, i mean coffin, as it is a vertical box like contraption) that is only so wide with no wiggle room whatsoever, but there is an over the shoulder harness that comes down and needs to click into place 3 times before they will "clear" you to ride... currently i have no hope of riding it with the size of my tummy/chest/butt so i am adamant that i will be dropping this weight over the next year.

watch this space.
great motivation.......we all have our goals..mine is to try and not look too chunky in my bikini....as I hate one peace suits, i have a long torso and the suits cut me in half.....

i guess a tan may make me look slimmer, as i sure as hell wont be at my goal weight of 69.9kg in 2 weeks

b00bs bugger bum...

oh well, back to ponies
Old 08-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #577
mindy32
Mouseketeer

Sucks doesn't it Karen! Yay on a loss for you though.

Sounds exciting Alicia, looking forward to hearing all your plans! Great motivation there. Mine is to not look as crap in our US photos as I did in our Europe ones!
mindy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:52 PM   #578
australiankaren

good article on low carb around wdw

http://allears.net/din/rev_lowcarb.htm

printing it off now
Old 08-29-2012, 12:30 AM   #579
becpee
I see sock puppets

Day 2 of feeling like crap

Came home from work early, having my legal sick day tomorrow...

Such is life

Won't be walking tonight, feeling extremely unattractive with my Rudolph honker...

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:40 AM   #580
australiankaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
Day 2 of feeling like crap

Came home from work early, having my legal sick day tomorrow...

Such is life

Won't be walking tonight, feeling extremely unattractive with my Rudolph honker...
man , you cant be sick..only 13 sleeps for you

I just glen 20'd the entire library much to everyone's disgust/ heckling...but they know I'm going on hols so my health comes before anything...and hey, it only kills 1 in 100
Old 08-29-2012, 12:59 AM   #581
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
man , you cant be sick..only 13 sleeps for you

I just glen 20'd the entire library much to everyone's disgust/ heckling...but they know I'm going on hols so my health comes before anything...and hey, it only kills 1 in 100
There I am today, blowing my nose (customers staring at me thinking "serve me, me saying in my head "I can serve you if you want me to drip snot in your bag") then binning the tissue then germ spraying my hands.
It all became too much and I said "too much snot, i'm going home"...

This better be better by Friday or i'm having next week off

Any excuse to not work next week...

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Old 08-29-2012, 01:14 AM   #582
australiankaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
There I am today, blowing my nose (customers staring at me thinking "serve me, me saying in my head "I can serve you if you want me to drip snot in your bag") then binning the tissue then germ spraying my hands.
It all became too much and I said "too much snot, i'm going home"...

This better be better by Friday or i'm having next week off

Any excuse to not work next week...
man, I don't want to be sick again.....i feel for you. This is the time you should be doing all the things you have to, not feeling like crap cause you cant.

BTW: I am sick of these boys using their sleeves as tissues.....ooooooooo
Old 08-29-2012, 01:46 AM   #583
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
man, I don't want to be sick again.....i feel for you. This is the time you should be doing all the things you have to, not feeling like crap cause you cant.

BTW: I am sick of these boys using their sleeves as tissues.....ooooooooo
i hear you!! took a bus to visit my parents on the weekend, and the guy sitting across the aisle sniffled the whole hour and half ride from point a to point b. and not a dainty sniffle, but the kind of nasty snortling that indicates some kind of sinus issue with some kind of blockage and that horrible, wet, nasty loud sinus sound. it was revolting and every time he did it, i shuddered and felt bile rising in my throat. eventually i couldn't take it any more, and so i handed him a tissue. he turns to me and goes 'what do i need this for?'

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:05 AM   #584
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
i hear you!! took a bus to visit my parents on the weekend, and the guy sitting across the aisle sniffled the whole hour and half ride from point a to point b. and not a dainty sniffle, but the kind of nasty snortling that indicates some kind of sinus issue with some kind of blockage and that horrible, wet, nasty loud sinus sound. it was revolting and every time he did it, i shuddered and felt bile rising in my throat. eventually i couldn't take it any more, and so i handed him a tissue. he turns to me and goes 'what do i need this for?'

LOL at least he didn't do the old "bushman's blow"
If you don't know what that is picture a guy closing one nostril, then blowing as hard as he can out of the other nostril to clear it

Old 08-29-2012, 02:29 AM   #585
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
it only kills 1 in 100

What? Germs or kids?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: