Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2012, 07:34 PM   #541
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus View Post
It's gross isn't it?

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:48 PM   #542
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Yes but this is what it looks like going in

Sorry, that's the opposite of motivation...
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2012, 08:08 PM   #543
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

motivating cake for today

australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:33 AM   #544
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Here's a clever hint If you're going to cook some cake or brownies as a little treat for yourself, eat the whole thing all at once. Your body can only process so much fat and sugar at once, so the majority of the bad stuff will be passed through your system. If you think about it that way eating one piece every day for a week is worse for you.

Have I shared that little gem that I choose to believe before?
Old 08-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #545
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

Well, not so much noticing a change on the scales but can definately tell im slowly loosing weight. My tummy's looking flatter and im no longer getting the horrible bloating that I used to!! Can't wait for the scales to catch up and get to my goal weight for summer! Woo!
KiwiMouseGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #546
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiMouseGirl View Post
Well, not so much noticing a change on the scales but can definately tell im slowly loosing weight. My tummy's looking flatter and im no longer getting the horrible bloating that I used to!! Can't wait for the scales to catch up and get to my goal weight for summer! Woo!
If I'm lucky I'll be at my goal weight next winter...

I'm shrinking too, I should do what Bec said and take measurements

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Old 08-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #547
5ofus
DIS Veteran

I took measurements last year when I was edging up to my fatty-boom-bah weight. If the kids hadn't played lasoo with my tape measure, I could measure myself to see the difference :lol: Guess it's time for a new one

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:26 AM   #548
JessNewbs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiMouseGirl View Post
Just got said bloating tonight.....think I need to join your fitness buzz for my trip. Not sure wearing a bikini is even a remote option anymore. Looks like I will have to start getting fit again

JessNewbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #549
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

so.......gym again tonight....clothes are a tad looser so heading in the right direction, but more work needed...

Dh has now hit 90 kg from 102.5...his goal weight is 89 kg....so he's 1 kg away from that

i still have 2.1 kg still to go, but hey, what will be will be.....I just want to be comfortable...although went to gym last night, then the pub so I wonder why I'm not dropping weight quickly

keep up the great work ladies

my soup diet
Old 08-23-2012, 05:13 AM   #550
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

wow, karen your DH is doing so well!!!

i just signed up with calorie king myself and so far, so good.

went to the doctor's today, got on his scales and ouch...even though i have been deathly ill, i have still been putting on weight due to the PCOS and the fact that my bathroom scales have been broken... turns out i am 15kg heavier than i thought, which means i have a huge, huge journey (i hate that word) ahead of me to get my body back to the fabulousness that i know is just hiding inside the chubby girl that i currently am.

this will apparently be a marathon, not a sprint, so i will be here for the long haul.

have applied for a new job working for.. wait for it... a health fund so far have passed the phone interview and the online assessment test for verbal reasoning. now have to attend an assessment centre on monday to do a roleplay, team exercise and face to face interview. this is the part that causes me the most stress, so will be trying to destress as much as possible, as that tends to flare up my condition.

will see how i do on monday. if i get the job, i'm hoping that this will provide extra income so that i can spend more money on my health ie light n easy, gym membership etc for some long term weight loss...
Old 08-23-2012, 05:24 AM   #551
becpee
I see sock puppets

Well done Alicia

One thing regarding your getting fit journey, don't focus on it as one big journey, break it up into pieces, maybe 10kg at a time.
It's less overwhelming.

Also, what is your doctor offering to help treat your PCOS? Weight loss with PCOS can be a vicious cycle, with weight gain often happening no matter what steps you take to try and lose it.
My sister has been disgnosed with PCOS and was told to follow a low GI diet.

I have been inspired by the Michelle Bridges WBT, check it out on Facebook, some of the ladies there are inspiring, such massive numbers and when I say massive I mean I was blown away.
If she does another one coming up to Christmas i'm going to sign up

Old 08-23-2012, 06:52 AM   #552
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

I am also on low gi but dieting with pcos is so hard!!

I have found lite n easy works really well for me as it is mostly low gi but also low carb and portion controlled. The thing i hate most with pcos is when i say that i have been dieting and exercising hard and people look at me like i am crazy because the weight barely shifts.. I get judged for being lazy and get told to just eat less and exercise more by family and friends!!! Grrr. If that worked i would be doing it as i hate being the fatty boomba.

Rant over
Old 08-23-2012, 07:18 AM   #553
mindy32
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
I am also on low gi but dieting with pcos is so hard!!

I have found lite n easy works really well for me as it is mostly low gi but also low carb and portion controlled. The thing i hate most with pcos is when i say that i have been dieting and exercising hard and people look at me like i am crazy because the weight barely shifts.. I get judged for being lazy and get told to just eat less and exercise more by family and friends!!! Grrr. If that worked i would be doing it as i hate being the fatty boomba.

Rant over
I know the feeling Alicia! I swear people at work secretly think I must go home and eat chocolate and icecream for dinner because I eat healthier than anyone there and yet still don't shift the weight because of my PCOS. It took me 18 months to loose 22kg, then I put back on 8 within 6 months and I wasn't even that bad, just not super good like I had been. Drives me nuts! I have to struggle, eat perfectly, exercise an hour a day just to loose 1kg a month if I'm lucky while others around me loose that just from changing one or two things!
mindy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:08 AM   #554
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Ok. I've read many of the posts and decided to join in too.

I'm Marlea and I'm 67kg and 158cm . Once upon a time, before husband and babies I weighed a delightful 43kg and wore a size 6 (if I was lucky to find that size and not have to alter an 8 to fit)

I have a weakness for chocolate and coke. And plain potato chips. And chocolate cake. And jam donuts. And chocolate. And creamy fettucine carbonara with pancetta and peas with a good parmesan cheese. And chocolate.

I started going to the gym this year with the aim of losing 5, maybe 10 kilos, before December '13. I started off really well, going to the gym 5 days a week and I lost 2kg within 3 weeks without really adjusting my eating (other than eating slightly less creamy foods, sugary donuts etc). I cannot give up my chocolate so that's the only thing I won't budge on altering.

Well, since the last school holidays started I'm lucky to get to the gym 1 day a week so I'm back to 67kg. I hate my post-c-section kangaroo pouch and jiggly thighs.

My reason for wanting to lose weight? Castaway Cay on our DCL cruise Dec '13. I want to be on the beach in a tankini at least without having to wear board shorts.

I started a dentist program at-home teeth bleaching that I've got to do for 3 weeks so that means NO COKE or coffee for 3 weeks. It's a good reason to try and give up the dreaded coke, and I'm missing it dreadfully but I've been weaning myself off slowly over the past few months by drinking pomegranate juice mixed with soda water or just plain soda water. I like the fizz. I'm hoping that I'll be able to give up the softdrink altogether so here's hoping...

I try and do at least 15-30 minutes on the treadmill at a level 3 incline and 5.5 speed (I cannot run/jog as I look like I'm the doofus of the year and trip over my own ankles), plus a couple of classes at the gym if I can (confession - they are the ones designed for unfit/elderly people ). I also do a few weight machines - I have forward neck posture and a curve in my lower back so I have to be careful in what I do. I don't take myself seriously but do my best at the gym. I'm the one who can be seen trying to keep her inner Kung-Fu panda under wraps during tai chi

So, yeah, that's me. Jiggly bits and sweet tooth and all!

Last edited by Marlea98; 08-24-2012 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Edited to change 'husbands' to 'husband' - I've only got the one :)
Marlea98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:14 AM   #555
australiankaren

welcome to the Dis gym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
Ok. I've read many of the posts and decided to join in too.

I'm Marlea and I'm 67kg and 158cm . Once upon a time, before husband and babies I weighed a delightful 43kg and wore a size 6 (if I was lucky to find that size and not have to alter an 8 to fit)

I have a weakness for chocolate and coke. And plain potato chips. And chocolate cake. And jam donuts. And chocolate. And creamy fettucine carbonara with pancetta and peas with a good parmesan cheese. And chocolate.

I started going to the gym this year with the aim of losing 5, maybe 10 kilos, before December '13. I started off really well, going to the gym 5 days a week and I lost 2kg within 3 weeks without really adjusting my eating (other than eating slightly less creamy foods, sugary donuts etc). I cannot give up my chocolate so that's the only thing I won't budge on altering.

Well, since the last school holidays started I'm lucky to get to the gym 1 day a week so I'm back to 67kg. I hate my post-c-section kangaroo pouch and jiggly thighs.

My reason for wanting to lose weight? Castaway Cay on our DCL cruise Dec '13. I want to be on the beach in a tankini at least without having to wear board shorts.

I started a dentist program at-home teeth bleaching that I've got to do for 3 weeks so that means NO COKE or coffee for 3 weeks. It's a good reason to try and give up the dreaded coke, and I'm missing it dreadfully but I've been weaning myself off slowly over the past few months by drinking pomegranate juice mixed with soda water or just plain soda water. I like the fizz. I'm hoping that I'll be able to give up the softdrink altogether so here's hoping...

I try and do at least 15-30 minutes on the treadmill at a level 3 incline and 5.5 speed (I cannot run/jog as I look like I'm the doofus of the year and trip over my own ankles), plus a couple of classes at the gym if I can (confession - they are the ones designed for unfit/elderly people ). I also do a few weight machines - I have forward neck posture and a curve in my lower back so I have to be careful in what I do. I don't take myself seriously but do my best at the gym. I'm the one who can be seen trying to keep her inner Kung-Fu panda under wraps during tai chi

So, yeah, that's me. Jiggly bits and sweet tooth and all!
welcome.....we are all in this togeather..the good, the bad and the jiggly

since we are confessing.....I do enjoy a piece of cake now and then....
like this one

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: