Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2012, 11:21 PM   #511
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!

Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?

Sorry if this has been mentioned before.... I haven't been following this thread so am not sure if it has

Anyway. I have a friend who has just started a 12 week challenge and it has inspired me. I did a 12 week transformation challenge from Sept to Dec last year and lost almost 15kgs! It was fabulous, but I still have about 15 to get to my goal weight! After the challenge last year, believe it or not, I went away to Hamilton Island for a few weeks and I continued my exercising every day. I mean really, this was my view whilst I was ploughing away on that hideous elliptical machine, treadmill, bike etc.

The problem arose believe it or not, when I got home. I still ate the same but have been slack in the exercise department. I haven't put on any weight, so just have to get back on the band wagon.

Anyway to cut this long story short. My gym is not doing a challenge this time of year. But I have just come across the Michelle Bridges one. http://www.12wbt.com/

It starts in a couple of weeks. Has anyone done this in the past? How was it? Is anybody doing this one? I'm seriously thinking of doing it I would love to get rid of these extra few kg's and these challenges do seem to keep me on track!
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:37 AM   #512
aussietravellers

So I have just signed up for the Michelle Bridges 12 week transformation challenge! Anyone else doing it?

It starts in two weeks and there are steps to get ready in that time. They started a while ago from the looks of it so I have some catching up to do.

I'm looking at getting a heart rate monitor. Anybody have any recommendations? Nothing too expensive, but I want something reliable that will last a long time.
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2012, 03:37 AM   #513
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussietravellers View Post
Sorry if this has been mentioned before.... I haven't been following this thread so am not sure if it has
After the challenge last year, believe it or not, I went away to Hamilton Island for a few weeks and I continued my exercising every day. I mean really, this was my view whilst I was ploughing away on that hideous elliptical machine, treadmill, bike etc.

Beautiful photos! DH and I were walking on that boardwalk a few weeks ago - it's at the Yacht Club I think?? What a gorgeous place to exercise

Our stay on Hamilton wasn't very good for my "eat carefully" regime - we stayed at Qualia and the food ( and wine ) was fabulous - we DID do the walk out towards Passage peak though, it nearly killed me!

Why is exercise so much easier in beautiful surroundings

Andona
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:45 AM   #514
aussietravellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andona View Post
Beautiful photos! DH and I were walking on that boardwalk a few weeks ago - it's at the Yacht Club I think?? What a gorgeous place to exercise

Our stay on Hamilton wasn't very good for my "eat carefully" regime - we stayed at Qualia and the food ( and wine ) was fabulous - we DID do the walk out towards Passage peak though, it nearly killed me!

Why is exercise so much easier in beautiful surroundings

Andona
Yes that is the Yacht Club. We always stay at the Yacht Club Villas. It is the best view at the Yacht Club gym and in summer when it's SO hot outside, its nice to be in the aircon. Right behind the Villas I call it Killer Hill as it is SO steep! First time I walked up there I was half way up and thought I was going to die!

Oh I bet it wasn't very good for your "eating carefully" regime, but at least you were at Qualia (which is DIVINE isn't it ) so you would have had the best food on the island and certainly the healthiest! We are always fortunate staying at the Villas, we do grocery orders so we can have some healthy home cooked meals. But still Qualia food YUM!
Old 08-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #515
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506

I am in the same boat... We ate out a few nights this week and i made some rather unwise choices that have resulted in my illness flaring up. Carlo has the flu right now and just wants to wallow on the couch with tea and hot chips and sorbet and as i am getting it too it seems a good idea. I have been living on chicken soup the last day or so to calm my stomach

Monday is a fresh start, right?
I've been slack as well. Time to lift my game again...

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #516
becpee
I see sock puppets

.1 kg weight loss last week

Pretty sure I'm losing inches though.

I wish sizing was uniform for clothes, 16 fits me in some places and not others...

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:23 AM   #517
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

ok

gym tonight
tried on my LBD etc yesterday..they do up!!!

so have 31 sleeps or 20 more gym sessions to drop a size so I have to buy new ones (my new cunning plan)....

DH has now lost 11.5 kg.......
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:30 AM   #518
hjd0411
DIS Veteran

Wow - every one seems to be doing really well!! Considering it's winter and all - well done!!!
Like nearly everyone I have had the flu badly - 2 weeks off work, 1 of those weeks in bed unable to eat or do anything much at all!!
Anyway, hopefully back on track now, but getting outside to walk - not happening!!! I keep saying "tomorrow", but as usual - it never comes!
But, really, tomorrow - I am making a promise to my dog to get her out for a walk! And get me out too. My goal is to lose 5kgs before I leave in October. It has to happen!
OK - I'll check in again in a couple of days - let's see how I go!!
Thanks for listening!!

hjd0411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:53 AM   #519
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Had soup today for brunch and a few slices of toast for dinner. Hating my sore throat right now.

Hate being sick. tomorrow is another day.

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:08 AM   #520
hjd0411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506
Had soup today for brunch and a few slices of toast for dinner. Hating my sore throat right now.

Hate being sick. tomorrow is another day.
Yep being sick sucks!! Hope you get well soon.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:55 AM   #521
aussietravellers

I've signed up for the 12 week transformation challenge It starts in two weeks today The next two week are the pre-season task weeks. Things to get ready so that come Monday 27th it's all go! You have to clean out your pantry and fridge of no no foods, make sure it's stocked with yes foods/staples, including many condiments that are in the recipes. I pretty much have everything on the list. We are provided with shopping lists for each week's meals too as they come up. We have to "gear up", making sure we have what we need to work out, cook etc. We have to set our goals and then there are some more tasks to come.

We can choose from three exercise types... gym, outdoor or home. You can do one or a combo of any of them. I'm going to do home and outdoor. Mainly because I want to learn exercise option to do at home and outdoor rather than just walking or running.

I am really looking forward to it. After losing 12+ kgs on the 12 week challenge last year ( I lost a few more after it finished), I'm looking forward to doing at least that again this time.
So by Christmas, I should be a whole 15kgs lighter! Well that's the plan anyway!
Old 08-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #522
hjd0411
DIS Veteran

Hmm - the 12 week challenge sounds good, but I leave in 7 weeks, so probably not the best here!!

OK - Charlotte (my dog) and I were out pounding the pavement this morning at 515am!! I know, I know - but I couldn't sleep, so it was better to be doing something than not!!! Walked for 40 minutes, so I figured that was good to start!
Tomorrow is a public holiday in Brissie, but I have to work anyway. So I hope to go walking in the afternoon after work.
Plus I am doing some gardening - I need to get that into shape before I leave too, so that is some different exercising!

Keep up the good work everyone!!

Old 08-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #523
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussietravellers
I've signed up for the 12 week transformation challenge It starts in two weeks today The next two week are the pre-season task weeks. Things to get ready so that come Monday 27th it's all go! You have to clean out your pantry and fridge of no no foods, make sure it's stocked with yes foods/staples, including many condiments that are in the recipes. I pretty much have everything on the list. We are provided with shopping lists for each week's meals too as they come up. We have to "gear up", making sure we have what we need to work out, cook etc. We have to set our goals and then there are some more tasks to come.

We can choose from three exercise types... gym, outdoor or home. You can do one or a combo of any of them. I'm going to do home and outdoor. Mainly because I want to learn exercise option to do at home and outdoor rather than just walking or running.

I am really looking forward to it. After losing 12+ kgs on the 12 week challenge last year ( I lost a few more after it finished), I'm looking forward to doing at least that again this time.
So by Christmas, I should be a whole 15kgs lighter! Well that's the plan anyway!
This sounds good, but a little too extreme for what I'm after. Good luck tho!

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:44 PM   #524
becpee
I see sock puppets

Seems I've hit a plateau

Weight in numbers hasn't moved, have thinned out still but the scales don't show that

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #525
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
Seems I've hit a plateau

Weight in numbers hasn't moved, have thinned out still but the scales don't show that
dont look at scales....mine say i have put on weight, but i had to go buy new work pants as mine are getting a tad too loose

29 sleeps to go until i can eat SOLID FOOD i hate soup
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: