Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 02:21 AM   #16
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

ok

move up the aisle ladies..one more joining this bus

i should be going to the gym today, as well as all this week but i just don't want to. I am so overwhelmed with life, that all i want to do is eat....and then feel guilty, so eat some more. to make it worse, the DH has started his diet, and hes a man of the "go hard or go home" variety..so he's living on friggin boiled chicken and lettuce, when all i want is damn pizza and hamburgers.
he cant understand why i don't want to go to the gym.

anyway, i'll go back on monday..as I want to chill this weekend (the GK's & DS are away this weekend, so we have an empty house)

and to make it worse, i work in an all women dept. who bring in damn home made yummy cake EVERY FRIGGIN DAY and its on the table behind my desk Oh give me strength.
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:46 AM   #17
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

When I'm feeling overwhelmed with everything I find the best gym workout is body combat. You just punch and kick all of your frustrations out!!
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2012, 02:50 AM   #18
hjd0411
DIS Veteran

Hello!! May I join??
I have been going to Weight Watchers for ages (this time!! ) and have lost a grand total of 6kgs!! Even on this I go up and down!
But I am determined to lose another 5 kgs (at least) before I leave in October. I want to be able to enjoy myself when I'm away!! I know I'll be doing lots and lots of walking - I always do, but I need to be fitter to do it!
I have a lovely German Shepherd who helps me with my walking here - and that is really all the exercise I do. I'm a shift worker which sometimes makes it hard to get out, not to mention the cooler winter days!
Still, I try!! And perhaps some "accountability" and chatting here will help!! I'm willing to try anything!

Oh - and Happy Birthday Alicia!!!

hjd0411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:27 AM   #19
mindy32
Mouseketeer

Hi All!
I know I'm only new here so I hope noone minds me joining in?
I'm constantly craving junk food lately! I weaned myself off soft drinks, have coke maybe once a week now, but chocolate, desserts and take away are my killers. I managed to loose 22kg in 18 months before my wedding, but in the last 6 months I've put back on 6kg and if I'm not careful I'm going to be back where I started! I want to loose this 6 and a few more to get into my healthy weight range and feel good on our trip! When we went to Europe three years ago I was pretty much at my heaviest and I hate those photos, I want to be happy with photos we take this time.

But I just can't get back into it. Last year I was exercising 6 days a week, now I don't even want to once lol. We've just bought a treadmill which isn't working (brand new I might add!) so as soon as thats fixed I'll be back into the exercise. And I just have to stop the junk food!

Aiming for 3kg gone by my mums 50th at the end of July. I have PCOS too, so always hard to loose weight. And hubby trains all the time at work so he doesn't have to watch what he eats!

Anyone else have specific goals in mind?
mindy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:22 AM   #20
becpee
I see sock puppets

So good to see so many people here for support.

I work in a supermarket, junk food on tap (Cadbury popping candy and jelly beans anybody?).

I'm filling up on protein, this works for me, not ideal probably in the long run but I need to kick start.
In the days that i've been doing this I already feel better about myself, i'm making a start which is the hardest part.

For lunch today I had egg and bacon mini quiches made in the muffin tin (no pastry required), second day salad and a protein bar, I was very satisfied when I was done, but all I kept thinking was bec vs bike
Those seats are so damn uncomfortable.
The upside? It makes me stand when i'm spinning/cycling which is good for your thighs

I also bought some weis bars (gives me the little sugar I need), single serve sorbet, just don't eat all of them at once

Back out to the garage soon for Bec vs Bike, see how long I can sit on the seat tonight

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:29 AM   #21
Aust
DIS Veteran

Another one joining!

I've had a few ups and downs with my weight, was a bit chunky as a kid, slimmed down as a teenager, then put weight on after finishing uni and getting married. Went to Weight Watchers and got back to my ideal (based on my height) weight, then got pregnant with my first baby (who is 11 in a week) and put on 20kg. Never really lost that 20kg, and gained some more, and after having my 3rd baby I was about 92kg. I joined a boot camp-type group with some other mums when my 3rd was a baby and it was just what I needed, as I'd never exercised before! I lost about 18kg all up and started running.

However food is always the issue for me, I am an overeater, basically because it tastes good and I lack willpower to stop. Also a year ago I started full time work so it is harder to exercise as much as I should plus work and look after 3 kids and shift working husband etc etc. So in the last year I've put back on about 8 kg (I think - too scared to weight myself!)

I've tried doing Weight Watchers again, but mentally I haven't been able to make it work, I got tired of getting to the end of every week feeling like a complete failure after being 'good' all week days then going beserk on the weekends. So I'm really trying to not obsess about it, increase the exercise (running and I have a good Jillian Michaels dvd), and focus on not over eating (usually not successful but I really need to conquer it).

It's really not easy...I feel like my whole life has been spent thinking about or being upset by my weight. It's hard to feel out of control, but all we can do is try I suppose.
2007 DLR (DLH)
1991 DL Tokyo
Aust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #22
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BemaniAK View Post
I can already tell where this thread is going to be in 5 pages.
Maybe i am reading this wrong but this sounds kinda snarky and judgemental ... This really is not the place for judgements...

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:18 AM   #23
BemaniAK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
Maybe i am reading this wrong but this sounds kinda snarky and judgemental ... This really is not the place for judgements...
You're reading it wrong.
Once we hit page 5, read through the whole thread, you'll see what I mean.
BemaniAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:18 AM   #24
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
It's a little what I thought as well, but I don't have a good manner in expressing myself sometimes, so it's better I say nothing...

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Old 06-15-2012, 08:23 AM   #25
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BemaniAK View Post
You're reading it wrong.
Once we hit page 5, read through the whole thread, you'll see what I mean.
Then i apologise if i misinterpreted ... Sometimes the written word doesnt do so well with nuance ... But i would like to ask for clarification ... What is the point you are trying to make? What will we see by page 5?

Old 06-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #26
BemaniAK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
What will we see by page 5?
Like I said, just wait.
BemaniAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #27
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

oooh! What a clifthanger!
Old 06-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #28
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
oooh! What a clifthanger!

Here I am, up for work, protein loaded.

Took the dog for a long walk last night, I couldn't face the seat on that damn spinbike!

So 45minutes walking, then inside for some more floor exercises with DS pushing me (Jeez he's cute).

I just have to keep at it, I lost about 6kg through summer just by heading out for a walk nightly and cutting down on chips (aarrghh chips!)

This afternoon when I get home i'll head out again, take the little fella to the park (furtherest from my house is the best one) which he'll love.

Whats your aim for today?

Forgot to say Happy Birthday Alicia too, enjoy your cake then back on the wagon

Old 06-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #29
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

lol. no cake for me last night. didn't even have junk food for dinner, just veges and a scoop of banana sorbet. going for a big walk this morning right after i post this, then time on my bike..

mum has cooked me a low fat chinese for lunch which is essentially just stir fry veges with ginger & chilli and lime and so forth...

good luck everyone getting through the weekend that's always the hardest bit for me

Old 06-15-2012, 06:44 PM   #30
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

I'm hoping that it's ok for me to join in cause I could certainly do with some motivation to help me at my stage of the get-fit for the USA treadmill. "maintenance"

I started a little earlier than you guys, about 12 weeks ago I did the "hmmm, let's see how my hot weather clothes fit??" the answer was Very, very depressing

So I cut back on the Woolies Rock Cakes and the after dinner chocolate run and, hardest of all, gulp, alcohol! I went back to waliking regularly and boy, was I miserable!!

Anyway I've stuck with it and now, at last, I can do up the button on my shorts!

But I know from past experience that unless I keep up walking and resist the lure of those blasted cakes and my beloved Sauvignon blanc, I'll be back where I started from just in time for our flight! So I'm hoping that you guys will inspire me to behave myself

Andona
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: