Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
KECWDW
Earning My Ears

Lounge access

Hi All
We are off to orlando shortly from Christchurch and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on lounge access at the airport..have been trying to do some research but not easy. I bought 2 united club lounge passes off Ebay for our 10 hour (!) layover in LAX (think you can use without travelling on united) but we also have an 8 hour layover in sydney..any suggestions? We are not flying qantas (flying air pacific)
TIA
KECWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!

Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?

Pity you hadn't bought the AA lounge pass. That is codeshare with Air Pacific, so you may have been able to use the lounge in the US and also the QF lounge in Sydney.

The only problem you will have with using the United lounge pass is that if the airline you are flying with is not in the same terminal as United. LAX has so many terminals. But I guess with 10 hours, you have time to get to the other terminal. I just wonder about getting through security at the lounge terminal if you don't have a boarding pass for that terminal? Security in the US is pretty strict. It may not be a problem though

Others with some experience may be able to help you.
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #3
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

yup

there are 7 terminals at LAX......maybe look at lax airport map and see where your flight leaves...

i think most airlines only allow you to use the lounge for the airline you are flying....just look at the terms and conditions...I know delta is really strict re this...
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:07 PM   #4
KECWDW
Earning My Ears

hmm. OK thanks. Luckily they were only $10 each so no huge disaster if we cant use them..just not the best airport to be stuck in for that amount of time :s
KECWDW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: