Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2013, 07:15 AM   #1336
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

If the rumored free dinning comes true, hubby has agreed to let us upgrade to a Mod from Pop! I've only ever stayed in Pop, so I am ecstatic!! After checking availability, it looks like we are going to stay at Caribbean Beach Resort. My kids overheard us talking about the switch and now they are ecstatic!! Should I be scared this will sell out quickly? I plan to call early with Disney Visa, but the whole mod thing is new to me and I'm not sure what to expect!
Old 07-18-2013, 08:55 AM   #1337
jrhwmr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivemuggles View Post
Nope right now only select random people received the pin, it's not public. Fingers crossed FD for everyone else will be released soon!

Lots of people here never got the email though, but called and found a pin attached to their name in the Disney system. So that's worth a try!
IF I call and find that there is a pin attached to my name, would I still be able to use it if I am already booked and paid for thought AAA?

Just DH and I are going this Oct. but I also booked for the whole family for next year too. We love it there in October
jrhwmr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #1338
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgerdon02 View Post
If the rumored free dinning comes true, hubby has agreed to let us upgrade to a Mod from Pop! I've only ever stayed in Pop, so I am ecstatic!! After checking availability, it looks like we are going to stay at Caribbean Beach Resort. My kids overheard us talking about the switch and now they are ecstatic!! Should I be scared this will sell out quickly? I plan to call early with Disney Visa, but the whole mod thing is new to me and I'm not sure what to expect!
My DH sent me an email suggesting that very thing, moving from Pop to a Moderate if we get the FD. Once I though about it (and did I ever thing about it) we decided to stick with Pop and use the savings at Food & Wine and for extra souvenirs. Good luck with your switch!

Pikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #1339
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhwmr View Post
IF I call and find that there is a pin attached to my name, would I still be able to use it if I am already booked and paid for thought AAA?

Just DH and I are going this Oct. but I also booked for the whole family for next year too. We love it there in October
If you booked through AAA, the AAA agent is the only person that can do anything with your reservation. They would have to call Disney on your behalf because they own the reservation.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #1340
jgates
Must vow NEVER to toggle the tags again!!!!
Sometimes the TF only visits when you sleep...
Sorry, my Jag is in the shop this week!
Motel 6's #1 source for free online advert

Thanks guys - I'm going to do a call tomorrow & see if I have anything associated on my name for a normal PIN. I don't need Free Dining that much if I go solo. The nice sit down meals are more fun with someone else. So I'd be better off just eating as it happens probably.
jgates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:35 AM   #1341
Wadewilk
Earning My Ears

According to this, it's coming soon....

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3141417

September 29 - October 2
October 18 - November 2
November 11 - 23
December 12 - 22
Wadewilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #1342
cwhoneycutt
Earning My Ears

Looking for some resort codes for our late October stay. Not really crazy about the dining plan offer and we're light eaters until dinner usually.
cwhoneycutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #1343
ilovepete
DIS Veteran

I'm hoping for a room only discount for the dates we are going!
Old 07-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #1344
JiminyC&me
Earning My Ears

Subbing!
JiminyC&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #1345
delsdad
Earning My Ears

Just got the room only discount. My TA did it online while in the hold que waiting to change other guests reservations. Not a huge saving, 20% at a deluxe, but better than nothing. I hope the ap discount is better.
delsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #1346
left210
DIS Veteran

UGH - still nothing for my Oct 5 check in!
left210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #1347
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

I also check in on 10/5. There is of course no free dining for my dates, but there are some room-only discounts, anywhere from 5% to 30%, depending on resort. But there is very little available left at any resort and it's going fast, so I gave up for now and stuck with my existing POFQ ressie, which isn't bad. But the CM I spoke to reminded me that my 45-day point before which I can still make changes to my ressie without penalty isn't until 8/21 (or 8/22). She suggested I call back again around that time and see if any cancellations occur. I will definitely try that. It may not work, but it's worth a shot, and it's not like my vacation has to be cancelled either way, fortunately.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #1348
thill
KJETBD - Knows Just Enough To Be Dangerous

Does anyone know what the actual RO discount is for POFQ this October? It scares me when it's "up to x%" like it shows below. I may have to go this route since there is no FD there and I haven't been able to get through on the phone today to look at switching.

•Save up to 20%◦Contemporary Resort (including Bay Lake Tower), Beach Club Resort (including Villas), Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans French Quarter, Fort Wilderness Cabins

thill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #1349
Stinky_Pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thill View Post
Does anyone know what the actual RO discount is for POFQ this October? It scares me when it's "up to x%" like it shows below. I may have to go this route since there is no FD there and I haven't been able to get through on the phone today to look at switching.

•Save up to 20%◦Contemporary Resort (including Bay Lake Tower), Beach Club Resort (including Villas), Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans French Quarter, Fort Wilderness Cabins
I think it depends on when you want to stay and what room category. I've heard some have no discount, some only 5%, etc.

I recommend you go the the website and price what you are interested in. But be aware - right now the website has a lot of traffic and you may get errors. I kept trying to book at All Stars this morning and kept getting error messages that they couldn't take reservations. But when I opened the Chrome browser and tried it I had no problems.
Stinky_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #1350
Moomduck1
DIS Veteran

Other threads pointed out a code for Travelocity, HOT13 which will give you 13% off the discounted rates that Disney is offering. If you go through Ebates, you will also get a percentage pack from your reservation. My booking for CSR was 813 thru Disney and 709 thru Travelocity and Ebates, and then an addition 47 will come back to me from Ebates. No penalty for canceling with Travelocity either. It's worth checking out to see if you could save more on your room only reservation.
Boardwalk Port Orleans French Quarter Art of Animation
Upcoming: Dolphin

And this is for DD...
Moomduck1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: