Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #1306
freckles04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulDisneytears View Post
This also means larger lines at all the other FL attractions because you know how those PP standby waits eat up people for an hour at a time!
So true. Blah! Not great news.
MAY 1994: CBR AUG 2012: POP OCT 2013: POR JAN 2014: POP OCT 2014: POP

freckles04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #1307
mollybug2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulDisneytears View Post

Too bad really. It's not necessarily a "favorite" of mine, but it is a classic and I still like to do it every time.

This also means larger lines at all the other FL attractions because you know how those PP standby waits eat up people for an hour at a time!
Bummer!! I just booked our hotel today. Have had airfare for a while. Anyway our dates are during the Peter Pan closure. We would only rude it once or twice on our trip, but we will still miss it!

mollybug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2013, 08:47 PM   #1308
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

Peter Pan is a favorite. i am so sad we'll miss it. HOWEVER, that attraction is in serious need of some refurb love. i'll appreciate seeing it all freshened up on our next trip.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:51 AM   #1309
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by themollendorns View Post
I know this sounds petty but the peter pan news just made me sick to my stomach, hah. My 5 year old (then 3) loved that ride even when everything else scared the living daylights out of him. That is also my favorite ride. I think that just stressed me out more than this wait for free dining.
I feel the same way, I am pretty devastated. It is one of my favorites and I'm going with my parents in October and they haven't been in about 20 years and they have very fond memories of that ride

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13

missangelalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:54 AM   #1310
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

Awh, Peter Pan is one of my all time favorites and I was talking it up with the kiddos too! Just when I was happy that we booked October and not September... (because the Jungle Cruise is down in September, that would have been TRAGIC if we missed that! ), now I'm a little sad. Still many other great attractions, but no more Snow White, Mr. Toad, and a down Peter Pan... where did the FL I remember go?

CSR October 2013, POR October 2013
Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal circa 1995
ColonelHathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #1311
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Sadly, it is true. It will be closed Sept. 28-Oct. 31.
Boo....
Old 06-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #1312
faithsmth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchersmom View Post
We will be there Oct. 7-12 and are staying at Pop Century. This will be our first Halloween party. I'm so excited!!!

I'm hoping for free dining but would be o.k. with a room discount too.
I've called a few times and asked about a pin but no luck so far.
Wow. Great!! We will be there from Oct 2-9. We can't wait. This will be our 4 year olds first time and our first MNSSHP too. But like yourself; we will be happy for any discount. Lots of pixie dust to all of us!

Me DH DD

faithsmth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #1313
Bus36
"Life does not start and stop at your convenience."

I used a FD PIN to re-book for October. I had a room-only reservation for POP, but wanted the regular dining plan vs QS so I upgraded to a moderate. I was told POFQ was not available and my only choices were CSR and CBR. I ended up booking CSR (where I stayed last year). Anybody else been told some resorts we not participating? I had heard the LM rooms at AoA were not part of it, but thought I had heard of others booking POR and POFQ.
Bus36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #1314
GhostLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bus36 View Post
I used a FD PIN to re-book for October. I had a room-only reservation for POP, but wanted the regular dining plan vs QS so I upgraded to a moderate. I was told POFQ was not available and my only choices were CSR and CBR. I ended up booking CSR (where I stayed last year). Anybody else been told some resorts we not participating? I had heard the LM rooms at AoA were not part of it, but thought I had heard of others booking POR and POFQ.
I don't think its because they aren't participating. They probably just don't have any free dining rooms left. They only block off a certain number of rooms for PIN offers. If the offer goes public, they will open more up.

Also, you CAN get the regular dining plan at the values. You would just have to pay the difference between quick service and regular dining for each person in the room. I have 3 rooms at pop with the regular dining plan. Even paying the difference was cheaper for us than a mod would have been but I'm sure that depends on the number of people and rooms booked.

Nov. 2008- POR and FW........June 2011-POP

Oct. 13th-18th, 2013--Rolling Hills and 1st visit to US/IOA
Oct. 18th-26th, 2013--POP(taking friends for their 1st visit & to celebrate their DD's 7th B-day)

GhostLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:18 AM   #1315
Rivka
Earning My Ears

Okay, it's July. When do you think we might hear about discounts?

We are going from October 19-27th. What do you think the odds are that we'll wind up with no discount at all - paying rack rate for everything? It's what I've budgeted for, but I would really like to see the cost come down...

Rivka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:36 AM   #1316
ohboyx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivka
Okay, it's July. When do you think we might hear about discounts?

We are going from October 19-27th. What do you think the odds are that we'll wind up with no discount at all - paying rack rate for everything? It's what I've budgeted for, but I would really like to see the cost come down...
I know... Surely there will be some type of discount!!!

January 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
January 2008 Port Orleans Riverside

May 2011 All Star Music Family Suites
Disney Cruise aboard the Dream October 2012
October 2013 Fort Wilderness Cabins
ohboyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #1317
preschoolmom
DIS Veteran

Okay, it's July, I've been waiting forever! Where are the discounts? LOL...
Old 07-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #1318
o0quirkygirl0o
just a little mischievous

Quote:
Originally Posted by preschoolmom View Post
Okay, it's July, I've been waiting forever! Where are the discounts? LOL...
I've been hearing it will be late July or early August, lately. Sounds like torture.

Luckily I ended up getting a PIN last week. I highly suggest calling and seeing if you have a PIN. I never received one via mail or email. But, I called and there was one attached to my address.

Me DH
o0quirkygirl0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #1319
slatterie
Earning My Ears

Sorry about the silly question...is this PIN thing just for Free Dining or can you choose between the dining or a discount room? Would rather have the room discount.

I'm trying to get our small family of 3 to go Oct 17-21 at a reasonable price but right now its not there yet. I'm glad to read there havent really been much news on specials/disocunts for October yet. I'll keep looking out and checking here - you DIS-ers know everything! Thanks!
slatterie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #1320
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatterie View Post
Sorry about the silly question...is this PIN thing just for Free Dining or can you choose between the dining or a discount room? Would rather have the room discount.

I'm trying to get our small family of 3 to go Oct 17-21 at a reasonable price but right now its not there yet. I'm glad to read there havent really been much news on specials/disocunts for October yet. I'll keep looking out and checking here - you DIS-ers know everything! Thanks!
PIN right now is just for free dining. I'd watch your date of Oct 17th, the current PIN is the 18th, so you'd need to do a split stay to get the free dining with the PIN or if they stay with the same dates for the General Public offer.

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: