Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 05:44 PM   #1261
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky_Pete View Post
I'm hoping for a good room discount too! Especially at the Epcot resorts, but figure I will be disappointed.

Who cares about free dining during F&W? I want to graze around the WS!
I have my eye on an Epcot area resort as well! If something doesn't come along to put them in my price range, I will happily head back to AKL.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #1262
Shelli_5
Wants a Haunted Mansion Dooney & Bourke purse!

Well, I bit the bullet & purchased my airline tickets during the Southwest sale last week. It feels kind of strange since I don't have hotel reservations yet. I'm debating whether I should book something now that I can cancel or just wait for a discount to (hopefully) come out in July/August. I'm also having a hard time figuring out if I'll be able to stay in a value versus a moderate resort since I don't know what the final cost will be. Anyone else in the same boat?

Shelli
Dec 2004 - Shades of Green
Sept 2005 - Pop Century
Feb 2011 - Shades of Green
Oct 2013 - Coronado Springs
Nov 2014 - Universal Studios - planning in progress
Shelli_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #1263
mollybug2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelli_5 View Post
Well, I bit the bullet & purchased my airline tickets during the Southwest sale last week. It feels kind of strange since I don't have hotel reservations yet. I'm debating whether I should book something now that I can cancel or just wait for a discount to (hopefully) come out in July/August. I'm also having a hard time figuring out if I'll be able to stay in a value versus a moderate resort since I don't know what the final cost will be. Anyone else in the same boat?

Shelli
I have plane tickets and dining reservations for my trip... But no hotel reservations yet! Definitely staying at a moderate. Last year it was POFQ and thinking of trying POR. We need queen beds so it limits us. Crossing fingers for free dining to go public but will likely make a reservation soon.

mollybug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #1264
Shelli_5
Wants a Haunted Mansion Dooney & Bourke purse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybug2 View Post
I have plane tickets and dining reservations for my trip... But no hotel reservations yet! Definitely staying at a moderate. Last year it was POFQ and thinking of trying POR. We need queen beds so it limits us. Crossing fingers for free dining to go public but will likely make a reservation soon.
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I didn't realize you can make dining reservations without a room reservation. I need to get on that right away, then. Thanks!

Shelli
Dec 2004 - Shades of Green
Sept 2005 - Pop Century
Feb 2011 - Shades of Green
Oct 2013 - Coronado Springs
Nov 2014 - Universal Studios - planning in progress
Shelli_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:29 AM   #1265
thill
KJETBD - Knows Just Enough To Be Dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelli_5 View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I didn't realize you can make dining reservations without a room reservation. I need to get on that right away, then. Thanks!

Shelli
I learned the hard way that I should have done this. I waited until I made room reservations to make dining ones and that caused me to miss out on CRT which I really wanted for my daughter. I was able to get the princess breakfast in Norway though so she'll still be happy. Now I know that next time I need to take the 180 days for reservations more seriously and that just over four months is not enough time.
thill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:36 AM   #1266
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thill View Post
I learned the hard way that I should have done this. I waited until I made room reservations to make dining ones and that caused me to miss out on CRT which I really wanted for my daughter. I was able to get the princess breakfast in Norway though so she'll still be happy. Now I know that next time I need to take the 180 days for reservations more seriously and that just over four months is not enough time.
Keep checking every day for CRT, people cancel, you could still get an ADR especially if you are flexible with times/days.

We did Akershus last trip and will do it again in October; the kids really liked the princess interaction.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #1267
PrincessPiperMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thill

Hey there subscribe to the cancelled thread. The one I watch for oct had two crt cancel recently. Just keep watching. Good luck
6-2005 DisneyLand Offsite/6-2006 DisneyLand Offsite/10-2006 DisneyLand Offsite/12-2007 WDW Pop Century/05-2008 DisneyLand Offsite/06-2009 WDW Offsite/09-2009 WDW Pop Century/04-2010 WDW Pop Century/11-2011 WDW Pop Century/12-2012 WDW Pop Century/10-2013 WDW CSR/3-2014 WDW CSR
PrincessPiperMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #1268
Dsnyless in Seattle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
What dates will you be there in October? We've got a CRT ressie for 5 people Sunday the 13th that I'll most likely be letting go of in the next few weeks here. (Changing our trip dates and already have it re-scheduled for later.) I'll post it here if/when I let it go. Good luck!
Old 06-17-2013, 08:40 PM   #1269
DisneyCrazy1981
Earning My Ears

I booked my airfare with my Disney package because it was the same price as booking through the airline and easier to do all at once. I paid the airfare in full. If free dining is offered during my stay (October 2nd we check in!! Fingers crossed for it since we are getting a new house in August!!) and I need to rebook my room, it will not affect my airfare, correct? TIA!

1991- Disney World (offsite)
1995- Disney World (offsite)
1999- Disney World (offsite)
2009- Disney World (Pop Century)
2013- Disney World (Pop Century)
2014- Disneyland Paris (TBD)
2015- ABD CA?!?
DH- Me- DS(10)-
DisneyCrazy1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:44 PM   #1270
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrazy1981 View Post
I booked my airfare with my Disney package because it was the same price as booking through the airline and easier to do all at once. I paid the airfare in full. If free dining is offered during my stay (October 2nd we check in!! Fingers crossed for it since we are getting a new house in August!!) and I need to rebook my room, it will not affect my airfare, correct? TIA!
If you are booked as a package, there will be no rebooking. It will just be a modification to your existing package.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #1271
DisneyCrazy1981
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
If you are booked as a package, there will be no rebooking. It will just be a modification to your existing package.
Pheew! Thanks so much!

1991- Disney World (offsite)
1995- Disney World (offsite)
1999- Disney World (offsite)
2009- Disney World (Pop Century)
2013- Disney World (Pop Century)
2014- Disneyland Paris (TBD)
2015- ABD CA?!?
DH- Me- DS(10)-
DisneyCrazy1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #1272
Kimberly1969
Earning My Ears

Hello friends,
We have tentative plans in Oct. 22-30, the waiting is sooo hard...i know boohoo..haha..We made plans through Magical Journeys. Has anyone else ever went through them? It's like AAA but its free.
We will be celebrated our 10th Anniversary and DH BDay the next day. We plan on doing MNSSHP and we are staying at the AllStar Music.
We are beyond eager and excited, its pretty much all we talk about.
Any opinions or suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Off site 1995
Double Tree 1998
Caribbean Beach Resort 2008
POP Century Oct. 2013
...Kimberly..
Kimberly1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:37 AM   #1273
thill
KJETBD - Knows Just Enough To Be Dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnyless in Seattle View Post
What dates will you be there in October? We've got a CRT ressie for 5 people Sunday the 13th that I'll most likely be letting go of in the next few weeks here. (Changing our trip dates and already have it re-scheduled for later.) I'll post it here if/when I let it go. Good luck!
We are going Oct 19 - 26. I subscribed to the cancellation thread and will be keeping an eye on things. Since I was able to get princess breakfast at Akershus I think my daughter will be happy either way. I would love to do CRT and will keep an eye on it but either way I expect the trip to be magical for my (almost) 4 year old (and me!).
thill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #1274
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We are going Oct 19 - 26. I subscribed to the cancellation thread and will be keeping an eye on things. Since I was able to get princess breakfast at Akershus I think my daughter will be happy either way. I would love to do CRT and will keep an eye on it but either way I expect the trip to be magical for my (almost) 4 year old (and me!).
Ooohhh... when is your Akershus ADR? We'll be there 10/21 for a late breakfast before we tour Epcot-WS that day. We're not doing CRT, but have BOG and BBB for DD (almost 5), so hoping that will balance things out for her. We're going Oct 18-27. I have to balance things out so it's not too girly for DS7 too, so figured one princess ADR was about all he would handle. Definitely get on the cancellation thread... I will eventually be cancelling a Boma and Biergarten ADR - we have a couple of days in flux right now.

August/September 2015 ~ POLY
October 2013 ~ CSR/POR

Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal 1995
ColonelHathi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #1275
icunurss
Earning My Ears

Two years ago, we went to Disney the first week of Oct, leaving the Saturday of Columbus Day weekend. Looking back, I had a public room discount booked by the end of January and free dining was also later offered for that period.

Now we are booking for the same time period (Oct 5-12, so leaving the Sat of Columbus Day weekend)and it has been awfully quiet. Worried that we won't get any discount offers this time...

icunurss is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: