Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2013, 03:38 PM   #1216
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

CM on the phone just yesterday when I asked about a PIN told me to check back later this summer when October deals are typically released (meaning they probably don't know anything yet). I am not giving up hope on a better promo or FD. Nope. "Even miracles take a little time..." - Cinderella

TBD ~ August 2015
CSR October 2013, POR October 2013

Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal 1995
ColonelHathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:23 PM   #1217
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

You need to remember we are on a planning forum with lots of planers. We are a very small percentage of Disney guests. Many people book last minute or book because a special comes out. Just because some of us have our rooms reserved does not mean there will be no discounts. There are many many rooms at WDW!!!! Some cms say no free dining others say watch for the public fd. Really they know no more than we do.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2013, 09:10 PM   #1218
o0quirkygirl0o
just a little mischievous

Also, everyone was saying there would be NO FREE DINING AT ALL this year. And, that turned out to be wrong. I'm going to keep hoping.

Me DH
o0quirkygirl0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #1219
freckles04
DIS Veteran

I just want a room discount for my dates.. or even part of them.... 10/5-10/13... here's hoping.

freckles04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #1220
Stinky_Pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freckles04 View Post
I just want a room discount for my dates.. or even part of them.... 10/5-10/13... here's hoping.
Me too! I just don't get the obsession with free dining. I don't even like the dining plan. 35% off at a deluxe would save me way more than I would spend on food. Here's hoping!
Stinky_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #1221
ALD85
DIS Veteran

I think I might die of a heart attack waiting for an October discount!
Old 06-02-2013, 07:37 AM   #1222
emilymad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky_Pete View Post

Me too! I just don't get the obsession with free dining. I don't even like the dining plan. 35% off at a deluxe would save me way more than I would spend on food. Here's hoping!
Me too! We have no interest in free dining when F&W is going on. We just bought APs yesterday so come on AP discount!
Old 06-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #1223
Stinky_Pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilymad View Post
Me too! We have no interest in free dining when F&W is going on. We just bought APs yesterday so come on AP discount!
That's a good point. F&W is why I am going in October. Who would want the dining plan when we can graze around World Showcase?

Hoping for AP discount too!
Old 06-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #1224
joyfulDisneytears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilymad View Post

The way I was looking at it is we wouldn't always be eating at Epcot, so even the QS plan (we're staying value) would save us a little. Plus the F&W booths have taken snack credits for a lot of items in previous years. Of course, a largely discounted resort stay would be the better deal in a lot of situations. I'm all for whatever discount makes the most sense.

Park-Hopping Halloweentime Honeymoon - Our Disneymoon PTR - Updated 9/30/13 x4

joyfulDisneytears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #1225
ihearthatter
Earning My Ears

I'm new here but I just had to say I'm so thankful for this board and all of your posts! My husband has a three month internship in Cocoa Beach and I'd been going and forth on getting AP's or just doing a five day pass over Halloween weekend and the next. Because of all of you I read the heads up on potential rate increases and jumped on the AP's - I'm so glad I did (saved $70 if had decided to do this later)! Plus, I read here about the AAA discount and saved $107 off our room reservation after joining (which we'd been planning anyways as my husband is driving the 3000+ miles to FL). So thank you!!! So now I guess we have to go enough times to make the pass worthwhile - a 'problem' I'm not sad about having
ihearthatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #1226
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihearthatter View Post
I'm new here but I just had to say I'm so thankful for this board and all of your posts! My husband has a three month internship in Cocoa Beach and I'd been going and forth on getting AP's or just doing a five day pass over Halloween weekend and the next. Because of all of you I read the heads up on potential rate increases and jumped on the AP's - I'm so glad I did (saved $70 if had decided to do this later)! Plus, I read here about the AAA discount and saved $107 off our room reservation after joining (which we'd been planning anyways as my husband is driving the 3000+ miles to FL). So thank you!!! So now I guess we have to go enough times to make the pass worthwhile - a 'problem' I'm not sad about having
and congrats!
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #1227
Domsmom
Earning My Ears

Smile Hoping for Room Only Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky_Pete View Post
I am hoping for a room only discount too. The dining plan takes too much time out of the day. We are planning on going to a couple of sit down but would much rather spend time doing the parks
Domsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #1228
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domsmom View Post
I am hoping for a room only discount too. The dining plan takes too much time out of the day. We are planning on going to a couple of sit down but would much rather spend time doing the parks
That is why we always do the QSDP. I can eat steak at home. I can't ride PotC at home. Keep in mind, though, that you can now use a TS credit for a QS meal anywhere on property. So if there ends up being no room discount and you can get free dining (at a mod or deluxe), you can use it for the two TS meals you have and do the rest as QS.

Good luck to everyone waiting for any type of discount. Fingers crossed for all of you!
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #1229
Stinky_Pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihearthatter View Post
I understand - when I buy an AP it is a good excuse to make another visit or two!

Congrats on the AAA discount, but keep in mind that if Disney offers additional discounts, they are likely to be greater than the AAA discount. You can't stack discounts, but you can usually call and have the greater discount applied to your existing reservation.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #1230
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

I totally understand that some people do better with a room only discount. I just am not one of those people who do, so I will go on hoping for fding for me and a room only for you.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: