Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #1201
pooh4evr
Mouseketeer
In STL we drink soda and eat barbecue, use realators, eat sherbert, and drive on rout farty far

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatorswife View Post
ok..I did a little searching and went back 3 years just to be curious about the free dining offers from 2010 to present and noticed that the fd pin this yr stops on Oct 2nd and then starts on Oct 18th but previous years general public fd always stopped on the thurs before Columbus day. Just curious what everyone thinks about this years fd for October. Do you think the general public offer will extend to the week before Columbus day since it has for the last several years?? Really hoping it does cause we have a chk in date of Oct 6th..I may be able to move it back a day or 2 but could not move it to Oct 2nd at all. Just being bored and really hoping general public offer is later than Oct 2nd..lol a girl can dream cant she.
I sure hope it does we arrive the 8th!
Old 05-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #1202
mick0280
Earning My Ears

We are having the same issue... We arrive on the 3rd! Can't move our dates because we already purchased our plane tickets :/
mick0280 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #1203
joyfulDisneytears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ok..I did a little searching and went back 3 years just to be curious about the free dining offers from 2010 to present and noticed that the fd pin this yr stops on Oct 2nd and then starts on Oct 18th but previous years general public fd always stopped on the thurs before Columbus day. Just curious what everyone thinks about this years fd for October. Do you think the general public offer will extend to the week before Columbus day since it has for the last several years?? Really hoping it does cause we have a chk in date of Oct 6th..I may be able to move it back a day or 2 but could not move it to Oct 2nd at all. Just being bored and really hoping general public offer is later than Oct 2nd..lol a girl can dream cant she.
Agreed...I cannot push my dates back, we are arriving the day after our wedding. If it happens, I hope the 6th is included! That's when we check in too. Fingers crossed for *something*, if not FD then a room discount at least, then maybe we could upgrade...

Park-Hopping Halloweentime Honeymoon - Our Disneymoon PTR - Updated 9/30/13 x4

joyfulDisneytears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:35 AM   #1204
SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The earliest we can arrive is the 4th, so I'm right there with you. Wish upon a star...
2007 - Polynesian
2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
2013 - Polynesian
Plus more trips to Disneyland than could be counted!!
SlightlyocdDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #1205
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulDisneytears

Agreed...I cannot push my dates back, we are arriving the day after our wedding. If it happens, I hope the 6th is included! That's when we check in too. Fingers crossed for *something*, if not FD then a room discount at least, then maybe we could upgrade...
Congratulations on your wedding!! I wish we woukd have done a Disney honeymoon. We went to the poconos. We are planning, at some point, to do a second honeymoon.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:10 AM   #1206
mtfarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I am dreaming and hoping with you too, as we check in Oct 3rd Our dates unfortunatly can't be adjusted.
mtfarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #1207
joyfulDisneytears
DIS Veteran

*sigh* I got the Free Dining PIN, unfortunately it's the same one that's been going out and our dates aren't included.

Park-Hopping Halloweentime Honeymoon - Our Disneymoon PTR - Updated 9/30/13 x4

joyfulDisneytears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #1208
katielafave
Mouseketeer

Same for us on the dates. We are going 5-12. Historically I thought we would be "in the window" for free dining. Plus it is going to be my daughters birthday while we are there so we don't want to change dates.
katielafave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #1209
suetoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielafave View Post
Same for us on the dates. We are going 5-12. Historically I thought we would be "in the window" for free dining. Plus it is going to be my daughters birthday while we are there so we don't want to change dates.
Same here on dates... And I really thought it would be included! Can't move our dates either! Going regardless but any discount would be nice!
suetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #1210
Aidanself
Earning My Ears

Keeping my fingers crossed!

I really REALLY hope there's free dining near the end of October. Doing a split stay at POL:FQ and then BC:CL starting the 18th with the DH and my sister. I'd rather just have it for the BC:CL stay! Good luck everyone!!

Aidanself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #1211
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidanself View Post
I really REALLY hope there's free dining near the end of October. Doing a split stay at POL:FQ and then BC:CL starting the 18th with the DH and my sister. I'd rather just have it for the BC:CL stay! Good luck everyone!!
I am wishing with you!!! We are at BC CL 10/21-25th. We will have to meet for some snacks!!
Upcoming trips - April 2014 Yacht Club CL

HBGdancermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #1212
faithsmth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulDisneytears View Post
Congratulations!!! My husband and I honeymooned at WDW in 2005. You and your hubby will have a wonderful time. We now have a child and will be bringing her in October. We will be there from October 2-9. Hoping for free dining. I hope that all of our dates will be included.

Me DH DD

faithsmth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:10 PM   #1213
o0quirkygirl0o
just a little mischievous

Bah. I'm starting to think that the pixie dust is not coming our way. Two rounds of PINs down and none for us.

Me DH
o0quirkygirl0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:14 PM   #1214
Ranchfly
Earning My Ears

Arriving Oct 31. Just talked to a cast member who said likely NO MORE free dining offered, unless fall bookings are way down. More likely to see a percentage off type discount. Not sure what to think/believe. I guess it's wait and see.
Ranchfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:28 PM   #1215
tjmj9801
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchfly View Post
Arriving Oct 31. Just talked to a cast member who said likely NO MORE free dining offered, unless fall bookings are way down. More likely to see a percentage off type discount. Not sure what to think/believe. I guess it's wait and see.
That's in line with what the phone CM told me when I called to see if we had a PIN. Offer may not come out if the rooms fill up. I keep reading where it's recommended to book now then call to apply the PIN when it comes out. That's kind of backwards. Why would they offer FD to fill up the rooms when the rooms are full?
1/30/2011-2/6/2011-Saratoga Springs (First on-site stay!!)
Several previous trips (It's worth mentioning that I've become an on-site snob...)
tjmj9801 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: