Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #916
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

They will just need the card number to verify that you have one, and they may require you to put a $200 payment on your reservation with the card (though I've seen posts by a few people today that said they didn't have to actually pay anything with it).
Ill probably have it paid off by the time the offer comes out...anyways I'm now a Disney Visa Card holder. Lol, I feel so lame. Just to get a couple days on the public! Haha
Old 05-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #917
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
Ill probably have it paid off by the time the offer comes out...anyways I'm now a Disney Visa Card holder. Lol, I feel so lame. Just to get a couple days on the public! Haha

Congrats! Don't forget to get your free 5x7 at the Visa meet and greet at EPCOT. We have a DV and a D-debit, so we get two free photos for every day we go there.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #918
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

Congrats! Don't forget to get your free 5x7 at the Visa meet and greet at EPCOT. We have a DV and a D-debit, so we get two free photos for every day we go there.
Oh neat!! Thanks for the heads up!! Will it come with an informational pamphlet on everything you can do with it?
Old 05-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #919
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
Oh neat!! Thanks for the heads up!! Will it come with an informational pamphlet on everything you can do with it?
It's been so long since we got ours that I don't remember. The info is on the Disney rewards site, though. Just look for the theme park perks section.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #920
Jerzetta
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amccu18007 View Post

Me too. I think that my family may disown me before this trip even gets here! Anyone looking to add an obsessive Disney vacation planner to their family ?
Lol my DH says to me it is going to a long year hearing me plan out 10/5 trip. He is a good sport but better reserve a spot for me too if you get disowned.

Last edited by Jerzetta; 05-06-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Jerzetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #921
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzetta View Post

Lol my DH says to me it is going to a long year hearing me plan out 10/5 trip. He is a good sport but better reserve a spot for me too if you get disowned.
Ooh ooh ooh...can I join?? I think my husband dreads every time I bring up the word Disney!! Lol We're not going until 10/26 but I haven't stopped talking about it since we booked our trip last October. I'm on here and the Disney blog every day.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #922
jska482
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post

Ooh ooh ooh...can I join?? I think my husband dreads every time I bring up the word Disney!! Lol We're not going until 10/26 but I haven't stopped talking about it since we booked our trip last October. I'm on here and the Disney blog every day.
I think this is my new safe home base! My husband and I are cracking up as he sympathizes with all your DH. I am a bit obsessed...I drive my family nuts!
jska482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #923
jska482
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimley1968 View Post

This is true, but I would caution against relying too heavily on any predictions based on recent history, if Columbus Day plays any part in how Disney decides when to offer their October discounts. I think fall breaks are more of a factor, but Columbus Day is 10/14 this year. It was 10/8 last year. My dates are 10/5 through 10/13. I'm actually somewhat optimistic that the late Columbus Day this year could possibly mean more of the week we're going could see discounts. But even if FD only goes to 10/5 or 10/6, that would still be late enough for both of us to get it for our trips.

But if RO is a better deal for you than FD, I'd wait as long as possible to see if there are any decent RO deals for those dates.
I totally agree...10/2-10/7 here. I was so hoping the later Columbus Day would help me score FD! Fingers crossed!
jska482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #924
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jska482 View Post

I think this is my new safe home base! My husband and I are cracking up as he sympathizes with all your DH. I am a bit obsessed...I drive my family nuts!
Me too!!! We are each others Disney support groups. Our DH should be grateful that we found each other!!! Lol
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #925
mama2ll
Earning My Ears

We originally planned to go Feb 2014 but couldn't wait that long so, as of yesterday, we are booked for October at the Poly. Arriving on the 20th, what are the chances of a room only discount? I looked thru the history of discounts and it looked like the past 2 years there have been 30% off room discounts for the Poly that week.

Thanks!
mama2ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #926
eaf2063
Earning My Ears

Wink

Were booked Oct 3-13 at Port Orleans- Riverside(1st time at POR). We have never stayed here before. We Cant wait. However waiting on the discount has me on the edge of my seat. I can only say that my hope is knowing that my sister went in October last year and she received free dining although i do remember it came out pretty late maybe July.... I hope they have it again this year. From looking at the predictions i think ill be a happy camper. Decided to join this thread to keep in touch with all the other Disney Fanatics like me who eat, sleep, and dream Disney.... Now we sit and wait together!!! YAY....
Old 05-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #927
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaf2063 View Post
Were booked Oct 3-13 at Port Orleans- Riverside(1st time at POR). We have never stayed here before. We Cant wait. However waiting on the discount has me on the edge of my seat. I can only say that my hope is knowing that my sister went in October last year and she received free dining although i do remember it came out pretty late maybe July.... I hope they have it again this year. From looking at the predictions i think ill be a happy camper. Decided to join this thread to keep in touch with all the other Disney Fanatics like me who eat, sleep, and dream Disney.... Now we sit and wait together!!! YAY....
That's not a late release, the October - December free dining dates are usually released in July, sometimes August :-)
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #928
LaceyP
Rookie

We are planning on visiting October 10-14 (staying until the 20)...I have to admit...I'm overwhelmed, but still excited none the less!!! This will be our first to DisneyWorld, so any tips are greatly appreciated!!!
LaceyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #929
LaceyP
Rookie

We are planning on visiting October 10-14 (staying until the 20)...I have to admit...I'm overwhelmed, but still excited none the less!!! This will be our first to DisneyWorld, so any tips are greatly appreciated!!!
LaceyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #930
J Buzz
Space Ranger

Just wanted to jump in this thread again and say we're staying from October 6th to the 16th, really hoping for free dining
J Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: