Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #901
disneyjewels84
Earning My Ears

Yeah ! Glad to know all this FD info for Oct helps me not feel so bad about no booking todays Sept offer and waiting it out for the days we really want. I am so anxious my fam will probally kill me before the next promo comes out in July or Aug . Fd is my new disney obsession .
disneyjewels84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #902
tracydeech
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411

If I had to predict FD dates for that timeframe, I would say:

Oct 1-5 or 6 and Oct 19 or 20 - Nov 1 or 2
November 10 - 21
Nov 29 or 30 - Dec 5 or 6 and Dec 14 - 19

Give or take a day or two, if FD is released for this timeframe, these dates should be pretty close.
I do hope your dates come true

My family is going nov 12-20 and FD would be a huge blessing!
tracydeech is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 03:43 PM   #903
SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
If I had to predict FD dates for that timeframe, I would say:

Oct 1-5 or 6 and Oct 19 or 20 - Nov 1 or 2
November 10 - 21
Nov 29 or 30 - Dec 5 or 6 and Dec 14 - 19

Give or take a day or two, if FD is released for this timeframe, these dates should be pretty close.
Lightbulb just went off. We're booked Oct 5 - 12. For our family, a day of RO discount is a slightly better deal than a day of FD. But, that has been assuming that both were offered for the same days. Assuming the dates in this prediction, and a matching RO offer, I'd be able to use the FD for the whole trip, but the RO discount for only a day or two.

Needing to rethink my wish... boy July/August seems a long way away!
2007 - Polynesian
2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
2013 - Polynesian
Plus more trips to Disneyland than could be counted!!
SlightlyocdDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #904
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyocdDisneyfan View Post
Lightbulb just went off. We're booked Oct 5 - 12. For our family, a day of RO discount is a slightly better deal than a day of FD. But, that has been assuming that both were offered for the same days. Assuming the dates in this prediction, and a matching RO offer, I'd be able to use the FD for the whole trip, but the RO discount for only a day or two.

Needing to rethink my wish... boy July/August seems a long way away!
This is true, but I would caution against relying too heavily on any predictions based on recent history, if Columbus Day plays any part in how Disney decides when to offer their October discounts. I think fall breaks are more of a factor, but Columbus Day is 10/14 this year. It was 10/8 last year. My dates are 10/5 through 10/13. I'm actually somewhat optimistic that the late Columbus Day this year could possibly mean more of the week we're going could see discounts. But even if FD only goes to 10/5 or 10/6, that would still be late enough for both of us to get it for our trips.

But if RO is a better deal for you than FD, I'd wait as long as possible to see if there are any decent RO deals for those dates.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #905
ALD85
DIS Veteran

I wonder if its worth it to get a Disney visa to get the advantage on the offers?????
Old 05-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #906
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
I wonder if its worth it to get a Disney visa to get the advantage on the offers?????
If your credit is good, it wouldn't be a terrible idea. The card comes with other great perks, as well. You can find out more at www.disneyrewards.com
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #907
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

If your credit is good, it wouldn't be a terrible idea. The card comes with other great perks, as well. You can find out more at www.disneyrewards.com
I'm looking at it now, hmmmm...so since I've already booked my trip and there for wont be using my Disney visa ( assuming I get one) to pay for it, will they still give me the offer early as a rewards member?
Old 05-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #908
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
I'm looking at it now, hmmmm...so since I've already booked my trip and there for wont be using my Disney visa ( assuming I get one) to pay for it, will they still give me the offer early as a rewards member?
They will just need the card number to verify that you have one, and they may require you to put a $200 payment on your reservation with the card (though I've seen posts by a few people today that said they didn't have to actually pay anything with it).
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #909
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkerfrosch View Post
Thankyou so much

So, this means I could use my park tickets, but I would have to Pay out of pocket meal wise until my package starts?

Originally, I was coming the 18th, but decided to add some extra days, and now it seems to be getting more complicated..
Yes, you would have to pay for your food until you checked into the hotel where you had the package. ETA: or, checked in on the day your package starts, even if it is the same hotel.

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04

Last edited by jenjersnap; 05-06-2013 at 04:15 PM.
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:15 PM   #910
SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimley1968 View Post
This is true, but I would caution against relying too heavily on any predictions based on recent history, if Columbus Day plays any part in how Disney decides when to offer their October discounts. I think fall breaks are more of a factor, but Columbus Day is 10/14 this year. It was 10/8 last year. My dates are 10/5 through 10/13. I'm actually somewhat optimistic that the late Columbus Day this year could possibly mean more of the week we're going could see discounts. But even if FD only goes to 10/5 or 10/6, that would still be late enough for both of us to get it for our trips.

But if RO is a better deal for you than FD, I'd wait as long as possible to see if there are any decent RO deals for those dates.
You are right -it's all just speculation at this point. I do like your thinking on the impact of the later Columbus Day and I'm adopting your optimism.

It's easy to get caught up in the "perfect scenario." In reality, I would be happy with any discount.
2007 - Polynesian
2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
2013 - Polynesian
Plus more trips to Disneyland than could be counted!!
SlightlyocdDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #911
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjersnap View Post
Yes, you would have to pay for your food until you checked into the hotel where you had the package. ETA: or, checked in on the day your package starts, even if it is the same hotel.
Thank-you for the info.

Its great to know I can pick up my tickets early, the day after we arrive and utilize them.
I'm hoping the R0 or even FD does come out on the 18th though cause then it would only be 3 days without a discount.
I can still get my discount for my 2nd reservation though (22nd-27th), so that's a good thing!
flinkerfrosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #912
disneyjewels84
Earning My Ears

If I am booked Oct 5 - 12 and am really needing FD for budget can I just modify my ressie to ck in on Sept 25 and ck out Oct 12th then wait for next Promo and drop days in either end if my trip that I dont need ?
disneyjewels84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #913
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
Sorry. Keeping watching the boards, things can change sometimes :-)
Thanks!

Fingers crossed!!!
flinkerfrosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #914
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimley1968 View Post

You have to not only take into account Columbus Day, but when the corporate conventions are booked and when the golf tournaments are. The Gartner Symposium (which doesn't normally cause black out dates, is being held a week earlier than previous years) is October 6-10, huge motorcycle convention October 16-20 and a plastic surgeons convention October 8-12. Plus huge amounts of schools, especially in the Southeast, are going to have their fall breaks either the week of October 7-11 or October 14-18. Even though Columbus Day/week falls late this year, the second and third weeks are typically blacked out for free dining and Columbus Day is only one factor as to why they black out those dates. Usually, they just simply don't need to fill resorts during that time frame and they probably won't need to fill resort rooms for those dates again this year.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #915
o0quirkygirl0o
just a little mischievous

We're going for our Disney honeymoon at the POR from the 21-29. I don't know if any offers will pop up but I hear that chances are fairly good for our dates, traditionally. Even if nothing comes up, I know we're going to have a great time!!!

Me DH
o0quirkygirl0o is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: